• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

People who hated the Concert

Kihl · 53368

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 11:36:28 PM
well, lets get one thing clear: it's not X, they are X JAPAN, X died when Taiji got kicked out, so I really think people need to stop saying "its not X" because it hasnt been X since 1993.

So, knowing that, I must agree with the comment about Wes, because I thought his first announcement about him playing with X Japan was kinda... how do I say this... kinda like he didnt realised it was a huge honor to play with X Japan.
But, after Ive seen him play, I must admit I was wrong, I did like his performance and in his recent blog post, he says it was a big honor (kinda) so, my apologies for that.
And about being late and the abrupt ending: seriously I would have payed double to see at least the half of the first night if it wasnt for my mother going into surgery. and I still think its KICK FUCKING ASS to have theband back and acctually see them live playing some of their AMAZING songs. This band has, and will continue to change my life!

and about Toshi's voice: I loved it, it feels like he puts in more emotion in the songs, though I do miss his old voice in songs like X and Week End.

by the way, don't get me wrong, I miss hide VERY much, but, for an X Japan without hide, they did fucking great!

sorry for the long post guys, I hope you get my point. :)

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 01:53:34 AM
Quote from: "Honey"

I think Radicalblues commented that he is 15.....probably.

That was me actually, although Blues is my bf, lol.

And yes, I do agree with what you say about people never being pleased, because that's actually human nature, we always want MORE.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 07:43:25 AM
Quote from: "Honey"
...If he did a whole concert of breaking drums for 2 hours I would laugh because I know that would annoy the haters...

Well in this case I would be pretty pissed, too  :lol:

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 06:07:09 PM
well i was at the first night's concert and my initial feeling was nothing short of shock and disappointment since i had to rush there directly from airport and didnt sleep nearly 2 days because of work...so i couldnt help but fell asleep while waiting inside and look like a fool carrying my luggage with me, albeit a small one, but still...the problem on the first night apart from Toshi's voice was hide's hologram and that cost us the encore IMO.  I mean I wouldnt mind anything else I just wanted a wonderful concert, hoping I could jump and yell WE  ARE X and sang Tears and so on...yes I was pleasantly surprised to hear Say Anything (which I loved on unplugged), Silent Jealousy (that they havent sang since On the Verge of Destruction and of course Art of Life) but to end that way because of they are being warned by Tokyo Dome that they wanted to pull the plug at 1100pm was not acceptable for me at that moment.  I was there, feeling numb and shocked at the same time asking myself what the f***?

Now looking back, I think Yoshiki must not be happy in every sense about the first night.  Nothing was on that night except the fans were awesome.  I have never sang so loud for so long in my whole life.  I literally shed tears when Toshi started singing The Last Song.  It was like a dream, but a dream too real, I slightly slapped myself to make sure it was real and it surely was real .  I think if there wasnt any technical problems to the hologram in the first place, the songs on the first night would have been perfect as they are all my personal favorite songs.  

I cant stop watching the clips of that night still, it still brings so much wonderful memories for being to make such impossible dream came true. Now I'm looking forward to their other asian shows - I cant wait already.  :P

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 04:17:15 AM
Quote from: "holly.x"
and of course Art of Life) but to end that way because of they are being warned by Tokyo Dome that they wanted to pull the plug at 1100pm was not acceptable for me at that moment.  I was there, feeling numb and shocked at the same time asking myself what the f***?

I thought this was only a rumour. How do you know that it's the actual reason?

jigokugal

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 06:14:45 AM
Quote from: "RoseOfPain"

And about being late and the abrupt ending: seriously I would have payed double to see at least the half of the first night

I think you forget that there was flight ticket and hotel costs involved, more than 10 times the price of the actual concert, not to mention all the time spent for travelling. I would be extremely disappointed if I only saw the first one, though still, I hold the first concert most dear because it was a very special moment. The third one was obviously the best one though.

I literally shed tears when Toshi started singing The Last Song.  It was like a dream, but a dream too real, I slightly slapped myself to make sure it was real and it surely was real.

Haha, it was a very surrealistic moment indeed. I felt like exploding. For me it was like I realized that Toshi (and X Japan) actually existed in reality. Very overwhelming feeling, like being in a dream :)

Quote from: "jigokugal"
I thought this was only a rumour. How do you know that it's the actual reason?

It does make a lot of sense though, if people don't get on the last subway trains, there'll be chaos. Imagine 60k people searching for taxi, and also how many who live too far away to afford it. It'll be totally crazy.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #36 on: April 03, 2008, 07:47:51 AM

It does make a lot of sense though, if people don't get on the last subway trains, there'll be chaos. Imagine 60k people searching for taxi, and also how many who live too far away to afford it. It'll be totally crazy.

Alex... this brings back memories...  :P

Pony rocks!

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 08:02:26 AM
Hahahah, it sure does. There was complete chaos.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 08:05:56 AM
Like hell. I swear one guy seriously bruised my livers.
But you made it fine in the end, right? It is a bit sad to think that we parted that night never to meet again due to that stupid accident on Sunday. Ah well, see you in Paris or something. :D
(The mere thought that Dana and I might have not made it in time makes me shudder even now. ) :shock:

Pony rocks!

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 08:10:07 AM
What a bastard.

Yeah I made it fine. I took the subway to the dome on my own the other two nights! Quite impressive, if I might say so myself. The subway system in Tokyo is kinda chaotic even without all those people. But yeah, see you in Paris! Heheh, if you missed that show you would be experiencing some of the most bitter days of your life right now.

And now I just finished downloading the first concert!

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 08:12:35 AM
Heheh, if you missed that show you would be experiencing some of the most bitter days of your life right now.

You're kidding, right? Had we really missed the shows, Dana and I would have commited a ritual double suicide in front of the Dome.

Pony rocks!

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 03:09:33 PM
Quote from: "alex"

I'm very curious about this issue. I wasn't there on the night, and I'm not from Japan either. When's the last train/ subway there? Considering it's tokyo, and it's weekend.... should be after midnite.
I asked my Jap friend & he said last one is around 1am.
ok, wht i mean is.. let's say last one is 1am, and allow 1 hour for ppl to get the transportation from the dome. so.. it's 12 am the latest the concert should end. And to be safer, make it 11.45pm.
Reality, it ended around 10.55pm if i'm not mistaken.. which means, they actually still have 50mins to continue the concert that might fill 3-4 more songs (well by finishing AoL, perhaps 2-3 more songs could be added to the show) that would make 14 songs for the night... and 14 doesn't sound bad.
Well, this considerations is apart from other reality check such as tokyo dome policy, different train schedule and others.
Now i feel like checking the train schedule  :twisted:  :twisted:

And.. another opinion..

News I know, reason of being late was.. electricity problem for hide hologram.  
And if this transportation issue is real, X Japan should have known and taken this into consideration that may bring them not to play hide hologram instead.
You know.. it's Yoshiki, it's X Japan.. who would do ALMOST ANYTHING for the fans.
I don't actually think he would put hide hologram on top of their fans. hide hologram is awesome and important in some way, but for his fans, he would skip it at first night & do full concert instead, and show the hologram on the 2nd nite.
Just my thoughts..

jigokugal

Offline Kihl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 04, 2008, 10:50:31 AM
Here's a post by JRR's Admin, Kuri, about the events surrounding Yoshiki's collapse:

http://www.twilighthush.com/?p=12

Love will Find a Way

This the Line you Used to Love

Do you Still believe that?

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: April 04, 2008, 03:36:22 PM
Thanks Kihl.
That obviously clear things up. I'm glad at last there's some truth came out from the person who was actually there.
I have the belief since before that IT'S NOT FUCKING FAKE.

About the “Why the cameras were exactly on Yoshiki when he fainted? as if it’s predicted or planned already?” –> whoever asked this question, is stupid. I’ve seen the show from WOWOW broadcast, the camera DIDN’T shoot at Yoshiki when he started to stand up. It SHOT Toshi, and I saw the background, some of Yoshiki’s drums got pushed away, and THEN the camera switched to Yoshiki. Plus considering how good the technology in shooting now, of course they managed to switch view very quickly.

I know haters always exist, however that fuking blog got my nerves at some point, and especially tonite, i'm so pissed. All the bullshit they posted are very truly the worst BS ever!

jigokugal

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #44 on: April 04, 2008, 04:07:57 PM
Kuri's post is really great. :3

May X be with you!

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 04, 2008, 07:27:04 PM
I don't mind people not liking the concerts, but there are ways to say it, like "I didn't like this and this..."

Grabbing a band art from 1994 and photoshoping Wes Borland in is pretty damned immature. Crying about bawww hide's getting a replace is pretty damn stupid. Insulting Wes Borland or anyone for accepting A REQUEST MADE BY X JAPAN is really fucking idiotic.

What I'll agree on to a certain extent was the 2 hours that people waited, which never got a real answer AFAIK, only all sorts of rumors for explaining it, like Yoshiki being late, technical problems, legal babble, etc. At least the show was worth it.

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 04, 2008, 08:03:24 PM
It's an informative post but it's not very fair to people who had doubts in terms of manner.

I was pretty sure that Yoshiki was playing drama on us when it actually happened, but after the second concert was about two hours longer, I started wondering, and after the last concert which was even longer than the second one, I didn't think so anymore.

Either way, I just feel sorry for the people who travelled to Japan and only had tickets to the first concert. They were robbed.

Offline Ixchel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: April 04, 2008, 08:47:08 PM
well i was at the first night's concert and my initial feeling was nothing short of shock and disappointment since i had to rush there directly from airport and didnt sleep nearly 2 days because of work...so i couldnt help but fell asleep while waiting inside and look like a fool carrying my luggage with me, albeit a small one, but still...the problem on the first night apart from Toshi's voice was hide's hologram and that cost us the encore IMO.  I mean I wouldnt mind anything else I just wanted a wonderful concert, hoping I could jump and yell WE  ARE X and sang Tears and so on...yes I was pleasantly surprised to hear Say Anything (which I loved on unplugged), Silent Jealousy (that they havent sang since On the Verge of Destruction and of course Art of Life) but to end that way because of they are being warned by Tokyo Dome that they wanted to pull the plug at 1100pm was not acceptable for me at that moment.  I was there, feeling numb and shocked at the same time asking myself what the f***?

Now looking back, I think Yoshiki must not be happy in every sense about the first night.  Nothing was on that night except the fans were awesome.  I have never sang so loud for so long in my whole life.  I literally shed tears when Toshi started singing The Last Song.  It was like a dream, but a dream too real, I slightly slapped myself to make sure it was real and it surely was real .  I think if there wasnt any technical problems to the hologram in the first place, the songs on the first night would have been perfect as they are all my personal favorite songs.  

I cant stop watching the clips of that night still, it still brings so much wonderful memories for being to make such impossible dream came true. Now I'm looking forward to their other asian shows - I cant wait already.  :P

OMGosh! You're lucky you were there :). I had to settle for watching it on YouTube like most of us. Seemed damn awesome though =D

Offline Kihl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: April 05, 2008, 12:25:10 PM
Quote from: "radicalblues"
I don't mind people not liking the concerts, but there are ways to say it, like "I didn't like this and this..."

Grabbing a band art from 1994 and photoshoping Wes Borland in is pretty damned immature. Crying about bawww hide's getting a replace is pretty damn stupid. Insulting Wes Borland or anyone for accepting A REQUEST MADE BY X JAPAN is really fucking idiotic.

What I'll agree on to a certain extent was the 2 hours that people waited, which never got a real answer AFAIK, only all sorts of rumors for explaining it, like Yoshiki being late, technical problems, legal babble, etc. At least the show was worth it.

You have managed to put across the way I feel in this matter in a manner far more eloquent than I will be able to.

True, the lack of explanations and abrupt end of the concert on 28/03 certainly left a lot of people dissatisfied and disappointed, especially after the 2-hour delay. But it is just sad that people tend to forget that X Japan are still human, they have their limits and flaws.

Even worse, I thought, was Wes Borland's treatment, with certain 'fans' dismissing him outright just because he used to play for Limp Bizkit.

Isn't this the same kind of attitude that no doubt plagued X from being produced by mainstream record companies in their early career? Isn't this the same attitutde that, no doubt, partially caused X Japan's failure to break into the US music industry in 1993/1994?

I am in no way a fan of Limp Bizkit or Wes Borland, but I can appreciate a person's efforts.

Love will Find a Way

This the Line you Used to Love

Do you Still believe that?

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: April 05, 2008, 12:28:30 PM
Yeah, I understand the feelings of people who just went for the first night, especially the international fans.
Waiting in the rains for hours without clear information or apology from the dome, it's rather impolite & dissappointing. That a fact that can't be denied.

However, taking this reason and develop it into absurds bullshit towards the whole concerts (and bringing up the collapse, connecting it into a big story) is unacceptable.
The guy tried so hard for the fans. He worked fucking upside down that I’m sure none of the haters can compete that, YET no respect is paid to him. That’s utterly insane.

jigokugal

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: April 06, 2008, 11:36:40 AM
Quote from: "Ixchel"

OMGosh! You're lucky you were there :). I had to settle for watching it on YouTube like most of us. Seemed damn awesome though =D

yeh I know I sounded like a whinger but people have gotta understand fans esp who travelled so far just to make the concert and some of them are not especially rich.  With the benefit of hindsight, I should have forego some of my shopping time to get myself a tout ticket at ANY cost...due to the fact the first concert was not properly end and that still leaves a very weird feeling   :?

I wouldnt blame Toshi nor Pata for being below par that night.  At least  Yoshiki had confirmed that in addition to the US and Paris show, they are also going to Shanghai, Taiper and my home, HK in August, now I'm happier knowing I am not gonna miss a single show this time around  :P

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: April 08, 2008, 01:21:55 AM
Yoshiki's fainting seemed pretty staged to me, unfortunately.

I mean, he collapsed in cue to the music. Come on.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #52 on: April 08, 2008, 01:57:01 AM
Quote from: "Uncontrol"

I truly hope you are KIDDING now.

May X be with you!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #53 on: April 08, 2008, 03:35:42 AM

I gotta say, he did collapse at the perfect time musically... :P

Though I personally think it was real, because:
- When he fakes a collapse for drama purposes, he always writhes around dramatically on the floor, etc.  No writhing that time.
- The set lists for the second two nights were easier drum-wise and had a lot more drum-free rest periods for Yoshiki.  The second night setlist in particular was more like "sensible night" than "madness night".  It strikes me that they may have modified some set lists after what happened the first night.

And as for the perfect timing-- have you ever seen a marathon runner collapse the moment they cross the finish line?  It's very possible to drive your body so hard that the moment you stop exerting yourself-- and Yoshiki of course would have anticipated the upcoming stopping point in the song-- your body takes the opportunity to say "OK, done now" in rather abrupt fashion.

Just my take on things, but it doesn't bother me if people disagree.  Yoshiki's the only one who really knows for sure, after all.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: April 08, 2008, 04:43:24 AM
Well, it's not even that he fainted (assuming that was the official reason) It's was more of a collapse than anything. I mean, you could see his eyes open and what not.

I mean, Yoshiki falls like 80 times during the drum breaks and gets back up, I'm not sure why 3.28 was so different. <_<

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #55 on: April 08, 2008, 06:40:14 AM
Well during his previous 'faints', who many times has he been carried off by the Crew? And how many times he has 'fainted' later, after the press conference also? :P

This is my administrator color.

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: April 08, 2008, 08:23:13 AM
Yoshiki fainted while sitting in an air conditioned room? <_<

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #57 on: April 08, 2008, 08:39:12 AM
Hey, I was told my eyes flutter and stay half open and I even move slightly when I faint... It's not like closing your eyes neatly and slumping to the ground with a fanfare... :D

Pony rocks!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #58 on: April 08, 2008, 08:43:18 AM
Well, it's not even that he fainted (assuming that was the official reason) It's was more of a collapse than anything. I mean, you could see his eyes open and what not.

Does it matter if his eyes were open?  He can still be exhausted and unable to continue without being fully unconscious.

Like I said, only Yoshiki knows for sure, though personally I don't think it's at all impossible that it was real.  I'm a little less convinced of it nowadays than I was immediately after it happened, but still, I'd say it's "more likely than not" that it was real.

It's like the boy who cried wolf, yeah, so I can see where people don't take it seriously.  But even someone who loves to fall over dramatically (and then get back up again) CAN drive himself to exhaustion and collapse for real. :P

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: April 08, 2008, 09:29:14 AM
Of course only Yoshiki (and his doctor) knows, but that doesn't stop us from speculating about it on the internet. :P

The guy has been doing this for over 20 years, he's conditioned for it. Not to mention the breaks he got in between. Fainting due to exhaustion? Come on.

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but when you faint...you're unconscious meaning eyes go closed. <_<