• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #420 on: October 08, 2010, 05:00:00 PM
Drain

Offline Radi3nt

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #421 on: October 08, 2010, 05:08:50 PM
OMG, the solo of Rusty Nail is brilliant, SGZ did a great job.

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #422 on: October 08, 2010, 05:57:12 PM
Well, it is good to finally have at least one damned diagnosis for Yoshiki's continual health issues.

So glad you all had such an AWESOME TIME! It is now 5 days after my X perience and my ears are still ringing so I retract what I said about earpiugs in another thread! lmao!

Thank you all for the fabulous videos, especially Ulquiorra who has been posting them religiously since the beginning of the tour, but Ulquiorra, Toshi's voice only broke once in Vancouver on Endless Rain. It was perfect the rest of the show...honest.  ;D

Offline yocchan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #423 on: October 08, 2010, 06:03:55 PM
Hi there. I am so happy that everybody had amasing time ! and we shared the moment together.
This live was so great that I miss them already. My voice is rough and I have some neckache, though.
Very glad to meet Xfreak fellows, too.

When Yoshiki came out from the back stage, I was able to give my blue rose to him!!
awesome!! unbelievable! I also was able to see the four members going inside of the limo, too.
BUT gusess what ?
I actually drove my car to their hotel, its my way home anyway, so just wondering if they were just arriving.
Yes! I found the black big limo parked beside the hotel, and ToshI and some staff, and Pata, Heath and Sugizo were standing on the street!! Can you believe that ? There was no fan but me.
I think I used all my luck of life !!!

oha yoshiki

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #424 on: October 08, 2010, 06:08:45 PM
Hi there. I am so happy that everybody had amasing time ! and we shared the moment together.
This live was so great that I miss them already. My voice is rough and I have some neckache, though.
Very glad to meet Xfreak fellows, too.

When Yoshiki came out from the back stage, I was able to give my blue rose to him!!
awesome!! unbelievable! I also was able to see the four members going inside of the limo, too.
BUT gusess what ?
I actually drove my car to their hotel, its my way home anyway, so just wondering if they were just arriving.
Yes! I found the black big limo parked beside the hotel, and ToshI and some staff, and Pata, Heath and Sugizo were standing on the street!! Can you believe that ? There was no fan but me.
I think I used all my luck of life !!!

Did you talk to them? Did you get the chance to take a picture? Yocchan I seriously envy you! LOL

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #425 on: October 08, 2010, 06:16:57 PM
you are so lucky!!! what hotel were they staying at?

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #426 on: October 08, 2010, 06:20:07 PM
Lol I already had a heart attack with seeing Pata at the back of the venue having a smoke!

How the hell do you NOT approach them looking like a creep?

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #427 on: October 08, 2010, 06:39:18 PM
Yeah, it's hard, I mean you WANT to say "hi, how are you" but you don't want to look like freaky stalker creep either.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #428 on: October 08, 2010, 07:03:48 PM
Art of Life

I wouldn't call that Toshi finishing the last word of the song perfectly without screaming, sorry for whoever said he did, no offense XD. I don't see why they can't just stop all instruments leaving Toshi with 3-5 second breathing space to sing "liiife" on his own, like 1993.

Everything else before that though is the best Toshi's sung it since the fake 1993 dvd modification XD.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 07:13:23 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #429 on: October 08, 2010, 07:21:32 PM
I was the one who said he finished the last word better than most other performances, NOT because he screamed it but because his voice didn't crash like it usually does and get very hoarse. He managed to scream and keep it clean and high.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #430 on: October 08, 2010, 07:27:28 PM
Yeah you're right about that.

Born to be Free

@ 1:47 We're "born to be fee" apparently.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #431 on: October 08, 2010, 07:38:44 PM

Born to be Free

You're too critical xD

btw, I'm eagerly waiting Yoshiki's twitter post on his thoughts about the show! I'm sure it will be just one of the generic ones used for the other ones but still <3. Also it's a real shame they were so late to the venue, especially Yoshiki. He arrived just a little over an hour before the doors opened =/ oh well. He was rushed away fairly quick after the show as well. I guess they are on a tight schedule for the announcement with Stan Lee at Comic Con and all the preparations that go with it.

Offline Dango

• View Profile
Reply #432 on: October 08, 2010, 07:43:44 PM
My mind has been permanently blown. I'm sitting at home right now re-watching my videos from last night and STILL can't believe it really happened. It was a whirlwind 24 hours and I overslept a bit this morning, but luckily still caught my flight home. I shared a cab to the airport with a Japanese girl who had come all the way for the concert, and was on her way to New York to watch them again! (so jealous!!!!)
I don't even know how to explain last night, though I suppose I don't need too, I think we all share the same feelings. I can't even say that it was a dream come true, because I honestly never dreamed it would even be possible. They had split up a few years before I had ever heard them, and I assumed that I had missed my chance forever. The reunion of the group itself rocked my world, but the fact that I actually got to see them LIVE??? IN CANADA?? ??  Forget it! That was completely unfathomable to me. Nothing can compare to seeing legends performing live.
I was excited since I heard about the concert, and bouncing off the walls all day, but it really didn't start to sink in until about halfway through the concert. I can't pinpoint the exact moment, but it was some point when Toshi and Yoshiki were next to each other that "it's really them" finally clicked in my brain.
In conclusion, mind-blowing. lol

Offline dksu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #433 on: October 08, 2010, 08:45:45 PM
^ Pretty much this. Anyone else's forearms bruised?! xD

Offline liddokun

• View Profile
Reply #434 on: October 08, 2010, 08:56:18 PM
I managed to get the piano part of Art of Life. My camera battery was dying so I turned it off before the rest of the song.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #435 on: October 08, 2010, 09:04:30 PM

Born to be Free

You're too critical xD

I'm only joking with that one XD, I don't care wether he said fee or free at all, was just making a joke post, don't take it seriously.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:07:04 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #436 on: October 08, 2010, 09:17:49 PM
^ Pretty much this. Anyone else's forearms bruised?! xD

LOL yes!, seriously though i had no idea how freakin draining it would be to take part in an X concert. soo worth it though lol

Offline dksu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #437 on: October 08, 2010, 09:24:56 PM
LOLOL - I thought I wouldn't be the only one haha! Thanks for the vids bro! You had a good angle. You even got the left balcony ;p. n1!

Offline sukisyo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #438 on: October 08, 2010, 09:45:00 PM
Dksu, I did meet you! I was the girl at the bus station afterwards; you showed me the bruises. Actually, the pain is like our battle scars. I'm certainly happy to have a sore throat and of the blisters on my feet -- even if they do seem to have a life of their own. lawls

Man, I'm so proud of us. I think we totally Xed X right back. They seemed rather impressed by how much enthusiasm the fans showed and how many of the songs we sang along with (or at least, that's how it appeared to my wishful thinking). I think Heath really enjoyed the experience -- dksu and I sat really close to that part of the stage. He was pointing and getting us riled up at some points. I'll see if I managed to get anything on video.

And even if they were late, I don't remember anyone complaining. I think most of us just wanted the entire experience to last, even the anticipation. I wish the band stuck around longer though, but hopefully the love we showed them would persuade them to come back to us.

It did make me sad that Yoshiki arrived apart from the band, it would have been a more unified front that way, but I'm sure his health and busy schedules take up all his free time.

Offline dksu

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: October 08, 2010, 09:51:18 PM
LOL yeah - you told me about this site haha! Hope you didn't wake up too sore lolol! Movement in my neck is currently severely restricted xD.

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #440 on: October 08, 2010, 10:05:53 PM
I'm still smiling about what an amazing day yesterday was! I could not stay after the show, since I was exhausted from such an amazing concert and being in the city all day it was best I just went straight home. I was also proudly sporting my brand new X Japan shirt and wristband today! :D

A future X meetup has to be in the cards! Bag of truth and all, LOL! XD

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #441 on: October 08, 2010, 10:06:25 PM
A positive article with pictures on Lithium Magazine

8asians wonders if they can achieve the success they are after, but is quite optimistic.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: October 08, 2010, 10:16:31 PM
Violin solo+kurenai

no problem dksu, i was stressing hardcore last night to make sure that i recorded the whole thing and i did lol.....still cant believe that it happened. Been wearing my new stuff all day :)

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #443 on: October 08, 2010, 10:19:12 PM
The last line of that review I think speaks for many fans last night:

Footnote: I actually ended up buying a ton of merchandise, but was slightly disappointed I couldn’t walk away with CD.

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #444 on: October 08, 2010, 10:30:04 PM
That show was unreal!! The energy was sooooooo INTENSE!! The band was perfect! It was certainly a night to remember for a life time! The constant screaming and the repeated "We are X! We are X!" was so beautiful! Yoshiki even talked about hide for a second just before the audience began is cheer "hi-de! hi-de! hi-de!" over and over again!

As far as solos go, I was pretty close to Sugizo, and he clearly performed ALL of hide's parts in all songs (including Rusty Nail). He was wonderful, and his violin solo was astounding! Yoshiki and Toshi even draped themselves in a Canadian flag for "Endless Rain"!

After the show, at least 100 fans crowded the stage door waiting for the band! Yoshiki came out first and we literally mobbed him!! Security failed to protect him, lol. Half an hour later, the other four members came out one by one covered by five security people as a lesson from Yoshiki's departure, lmao!!

>~X~<

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #445 on: October 08, 2010, 10:31:53 PM
Finally! I've been looking for reviews online all day without success!
I didn't notice the rows of empty seats in the venue. It was so packed where we were:)

I forgot to mention that when Yoshiki came out after the show, fans got so excited that they dropped their merch. I picked up two brand new tshirts from the ground. I saw one Japanese girl looking around a few minutes later so I gave her one right away because I figured it was hers. No one ever claimed the second one, even though I stood there for almost an hour, checking for any sign of someone looking for something. I kept it. Another guy I talked to also found two or three. I guess Yoshiki has that much of an effect on people! It's a men's large and I'm 105 pounds, but hey, free 30 bucks tshirt. I might get it fixed so it fits better, or put it on the wall:)

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #446 on: October 08, 2010, 10:42:09 PM
MusicVice promises a full review in the near future, but until then teases us with some awesome pictures.

This is my administrator color.

Offline yocchan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #447 on: October 08, 2010, 10:47:08 PM
They were staying @ FS in Yorkville.
I stopped my car 3m behind the limo and thought about a minute. At the moment,nobody cared about me at all!! Pata,Heath and Sugi looked like talking each other and Toshi was just standing with the staff.
And my car windows are tinted,so hardly see anybody inside.
Yes, I don' wanna be a stalker or don' want X to think I am creepy.
On top of that, I'm a kind of chicken,so nobody with me, my camera battery was dead, ...what can I do ?
I just remained inside my car and opened the passenger side window and called Toshi who was just 2m away from my car.
At first,everybody looked around and didn't seem to find the voice was from the car. So I waved my hand a lot then finally they found me. 
They all were looked surprised by me so I just said Otsukare sama (kind of thank you for your good job) and drove away!! Maybe I scared them(>_<) Sorry I didn't mean that...and my Yoshiki wasn't there so basically I ran away...
Chicken?? or shy ??
They seemed to go somewhere to eat or drink... 

oha yoshiki

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #448 on: October 08, 2010, 10:58:13 PM
Hey Ashtrayxx i was that other guy who found a shrit. I feel bad for the person who lost it but i stayed in the area probably 45mins or so and no one came back looking for one.

Just read the twitter post from Yoshiki, lol "TORONTO!! HOW WONDERFUL YOU ARE.... we had one of the most memorable shows. you're officially Xed!!!!"   Yea we're one of the most memorable!! woot woot for fan service lol

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #449 on: October 08, 2010, 11:15:08 PM
Hey Ashtrayxx i was that other guy who found a shrit. I feel bad for the person who lost it but i stayed in the area probably 45mins or so and no one came back looking for one.

Just read the twitter post from Yoshiki, lol "TORONTO!! HOW WONDERFUL YOU ARE.... we had one of the most memorable shows. you're officially Xed!!!!"   Yea we're one of the most memorable!! woot woot for fan service lol

Oh, were you? That's great!! I was sure you said you found a few. Sorry I was really excited :D
Yeah I stayed until after the band finished leaving and no one looked like they cared.

The crew was filming a lot, I wonder if we'll be on the tour DVD?