• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

I'm Back From the JROCK Revolution Festival

NinjaGeek · 1991

Offline NinjaGeek

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: May 28, 2007, 04:44:07 PM
Travelled there all the way from New Jersey and WOW was it worth it.  Absolutely amazing show I almost don't know where to begin expect to say all the bands were amazing.  I've got lots of pictures but most of them are crappy quality cause of how far back my seat was, but I'll post some later if any are salvagable.  For now I'll describe Miyavi's preformance since it pertains most to X Japan, if you guys wanna know any other details just ask.

Okay, so Miyavi comes on stage but he's not with his band, but rather with some hip-hop preformers instead, and he has his accoustic guitar.  Theres a beat boxer, a tap dancer(street/ghetto style tap, don't know the official term for it, but he had a wooden platform and a mic by his feet), turn tablist(?), bassist, a drummer, and oddly enough a painter.

He did remixed versions of Selfish Love, Rock and Roll is Not Dead, and 1 other song I couldn't identify.  He also gave everyone except the drummer a chance to preform a solo, and they were all really talented, (even the painter got a solo).

Then he made the announcement about his new band with Yoshiki, Sugizo, and Gackt.  Then Sugizo came on stage and joined the strange band and was completely amazing.  Him and Miyavi played back to back and it was honestly the most amazing preformance I've ever seen in my life.  Then as if it could get any better the Miyavi Symbol in the back of the stage lifted and a platform was rolled in with a Drummer who had an Odaiko, and 4 smaller taikos for his drum set.  They then did an encore of Are You Ready To Rock? With the new drums.  Some of the beast music I've ever heard, it was amazing.  Miyavi also succeeded in being the only artist the whole night that could get the fans to sing a long(since Are You Ready To Rock? is in english).

After that outstand preformance, the band left except Miyavi and Sugizo and then Yoshiki came on stage and stood with them.  Yoshiki said the Gackt couldn't make it but he says "Hi", and then announced that they'd be preforming at the Anime Expo.  Miyavi and Sugizo left the stage and Yoshiki thanked all the fans from coming and asked where everyone was from.  It was a very emotional and touching moment.  I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!

: Would you jump off a bridge just because everyone else was doing it?
A: Yes, because the pile of bodies would break my fall.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 04:52:25 PM
Niiice :D

We'll be waiting for the pictures :)

This is my administrator color.

Offline [Didier]

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile