• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

MiscastDice got banned...

SarahAlex · 29942

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 11, 2008, 12:16:09 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
In my opinion, all far too much politicking for a small forum with under 400 people.

I think the number of members is a lot less than that since because once you have joined up your membership doesn't get deleted, the number can only grow. It would be interesting to know how many of the 356 members have logged in in the past 6 months. How long does one have to go without logging in before not considered a member anymore? Or is it a lifetime membership? One can check out but never leave?

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 11, 2008, 12:24:29 AM
Has anyone on the admin staff ever thought that MAYBE the reason some of us are acting out and breaking rules and trying to get banned/leave is due to the awful management of the forum and the drama? Honestly, if the peeps I like were on another forum where we could discuss things more freely and we could have the board we once had here before things got like this, I'd go there in a heartbeat and tell this board to fuck off and suck it. X-Fucks can go blow my rocket.

:evil:

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 11, 2008, 02:15:28 AM
Welcome back, MiscastDice!

Also, I'm wondering what happened to Bizkitroach? I miss him.

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 11, 2008, 02:34:26 AM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
Has anyone on the admin staff ever thought that MAYBE the reason some of us are acting out and breaking rules and trying to get banned/leave is due to the awful management of the forum and the drama?.

If you notice on your top right, there is a link that says "Log out." If you don't like the "awful management" here, well, you can simply log out and not put up with it! Why bother trying to get banned when you can just log off and never return? Its kinda a win/win solution if you do imo. You won't have to put up with the drama, and everyone else won't have to put up with yours.

X-Fucks can go blow my rocket.

Present it to me. ;)

MODERATOR'd!

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 11, 2008, 06:23:40 AM
Quote from: "friday"
Has anyone on the admin staff ever thought that MAYBE the reason some of us are acting out and breaking rules and trying to get banned/leave is due to the awful management of the forum and the drama?.

If you notice on your top right, there is a link that says "Log out." If you don't like the "awful management" here, well, you can simply log out and not put up with it! Why bother trying to get banned when you can just log off and never return? Its kinda a win/win solution if you do imo. You won't have to put up with the drama, and everyone else won't have to put up with yours.

Or just MAYBE, you could learn how to run a forum like we had before Panthere Noire went on her deletion spree and before we changed from X-Freaks to PN and Hypno's personal sandbox.

I love this forum. Bizkitroach, Darkcat, Hollywood, we ALL love this forum. We don't hate the management or the forum, we hate what it's become since late May. If we didn't love the place, we would have all just quietly went away. Instead, we tried to save it.

The solution is simple. You can kick all of us out, whether by banning or attrition, or you can save the forum we all loved by rolling back these crazy new rules, apologizing for Hypno's and PN's actions, and everyone starting over with a clean slate.

Or you can watch your forum slowly die as its best contributors eventually find, as you wish them to, greener pastures elsewhere and the forum becomes a JRR clone where everyone thinks they're the OMG FANDOM COPZ and any actual discussion, speculation, and fun is drained from the place.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #65 on: July 11, 2008, 07:19:01 AM
Please, remove the "fuckin'" from your post between "Panthere" and "Noire" or you'll get your last warning. We don't tolerate such things. If you have a problem with a certain member of the forum, deal it by PM, MSN, Mail, whatever you want, but not here.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #66 on: July 11, 2008, 07:58:40 AM

Ah, Lee is quite well. Too well, I guess. Lucky bastard. Don't worry about him. :)

@ MistcastDice - as much as I share your sentiments to a certain extent, right now there's nothing you can do except getting banned again. Don't do that, please. I will PM you and introduce you to some interesting prospects, okay?

Pony rocks!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #67 on: July 11, 2008, 09:12:31 AM
Has anyone on the admin staff ever thought that MAYBE the reason some of us are acting out and breaking rules and trying to get banned/leave is due to the awful management of the forum and the drama?
Have you ever thought that it would be the most childish thing you can do. Look, Hollywood probably shares your views the MOST here. Do you see him insulting right and left, breaking every rule he can and so that he could get banned? No, even though he keeps on arguing when the probability of a good outcome (for him) isn't that big, he doesn't insult anyone, he doesn't break any rules.

Quote from: "Matilda in Oz"
I think his MSN is still somewhere in the "Post your MSN here" thread. If it's not you can PM him probably. He's still somewhere, just not active on the board right now (for what reasons, I don't know. I knew he was buisy with real life, but it could be other issues also).

You can kick all of us out, whether by banning or attrition, or you can save the forum we all loved by rolling back these crazy new rules, apologizing for Hypno's and PN's actions, and everyone starting over with a clean slate.

Or you can watch your forum slowly die as its best contributors eventually find, as you wish them to, greener pastures elsewhere and the forum becomes a JRR clone where everyone thinks they're the OMG FANDOM COPZ and any actual discussion, speculation, and fun is drained from the place.
Well, if you continue like that, you won't be unbanned for long. And what is wrong with these new rules? Hmmm... Yeah the 'don't insult anyone' is quite bad... And 'post rumors clearly marked as rumors' - I dunno how I could even think of that! Oh, and THE worst one- 'Avatars max size is 128*160 pixels.' Damn we really should delete all those nasty rules...

Oh, and when I gave everyone a clean slate, you didn't seem to agree?

And I don't think this forum will die. Not in a few years for sure. And if you find your green pastures somewhere, we are not holding you back. As Friday said, it would be a win-win situation.

By the way, since the new rules, I haven't seen anyone being restricted from having fun, speculating or discussing like they could before them.

This is my administrator color.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: July 11, 2008, 09:58:43 AM
Really now. You anti-people, read this goddamn post.

I don't see what you guys' problem is anymore.

I took a part in the anti-PN discussion from the start. I had and I still have something against the way she treated certain posts and members.
But here's the point, guys. She doesn't do it anymore.
Did you see her on a censoring spree lately? No, she's been staying away because it was the most professional thing to do. Now she's posting again and she hasn't done anything out of line, and honestly I don't think she will since the new rules prohibits her from doing that.
IF, however, she would've done something new, I would've completely understood AND SHARED your anger. But she hasn't.
If you have a personal problem with PN like, say, that you simply don't like her, or because of things she has done in the past, you can take that with her and not ruin the overall atmosphere of the forum. She DOES reply to PM's you know.

If it's not PN, is it about the legal issues on the board?
Well, surprise surprise, your points about the YM and pic disclaimer things HAVE been taken into consideration and something WILL be done about them.
The only bad side I see about having so many moderators is that it's hard to come to a decision very fast since a lot of opinions have to be shared. Adding a T-Earth forum however, was an easier decision since there are absolutely no points speaking against it.

Or is it about the new rules?
The only rule I've seen making any bigger trouble here is the one concerning picture disclaimers - users actually have to make an effort for that one - and once again, your points against it have been taken into consideration.
The one about no harrassment seems to be an effort for some who seemingly just want to get banned.
And finally, the rule about marking rumors as rumors. That's no big deal. Sure, "mature" fans would be able to sort out rumors from facts, but the issue here is that all fans are not mature and passing off a rumor as a possible fact can bring trouble to members such as booking tickets to London when, in fact, there is no London concert. You get what I mean?
You can discuss WHATEVER regarding X (except messages from them) as long as it's clearly stated if it's a rumor or if it's official. The forum is free as long as you don't fool anyone.

Despite if the rules were needed or not, how much trouble are they actually bringing to you? Give it a fucking rest.

And the final point I can think about is the way Hypno has been answering Hollywoods messages before.
If my reply now has answered your questions, I suggest you stop asking Hypno about things he can't answer in a polite or correct way according to you. If it hasn't, why not ask some other admin like ferret? Over PM?
And the admins do have a right to delete your posts without a 24-hour notice if it happens right after a "don't make anymore posts about this". I support that completely.

If you guys who make this "anti-movement" would just cool down and stop acting like it's the fight of your lives and that you're sacrificing yourself for the good of the forum, I'm 100% positive that the feeling on this forum would go back to what it once was.
Because honestly, I don't see anyone making the atmosphere bad here except you.

It's not that I'm trying to silence you.
It's just that I don't see your points anymore.

It's a fxxking forum. On the Internet.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 11, 2008, 10:13:08 AM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"
Really now. You anti-people, read this goddamn post.

I don't see what you guys' problem is anymore.

I took a part in the anti-PN discussion from the start. I had and I still have something against the way she treated certain posts and members.
But here's the point, guys. She doesn't do it anymore.
Did you see her on a censoring spree lately? No, she's been staying away because it was the most professional thing to do. Now she's posting again and she hasn't done anything out of line, and honestly I don't think she will since the new rules prohibits her from doing that.

Except that she HAS.

http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2590&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PN posts news from an unofficial source, and two hours later the info is confirmed. She updates the title and says that it's confirmed, but leaves the thread itself open despite the original source being unofficial.

http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2641

Darkcat posts mews. Unofficial source, but it is then confirmed. Instead of adding the link to Darkcat's post, though, PN creates a new topic here:

http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2642

and closes Darkcat's thread either by asking Lucs to close it or by using Lucs's account.

PanthereNoire wants to be the ONLY source of X information on this board, and she will use her admin position to make that happen, whether by discrediting legitimate news as rumors OR by outright closures and deletions.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: July 11, 2008, 10:15:38 AM
and closes Darkcat's thread ... by using Lucs's account.

:lol:

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 11, 2008, 10:25:11 AM
Millie, the way you are raving and SWEARING, wow... you really think yelling people down is a good way of resolving a conflict? It just widens the gap by MILES.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: July 11, 2008, 10:28:07 AM
Millie, the way you are raving and SWEARING, wow... you really think yelling people down is a good way of resolving a conflict? It just widens the gap by MILES.

She can swear without getting ban threats?

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 11, 2008, 10:30:37 AM
She made very good points, and she's only swearing beacuse some people here don't read good posts like hers or just pick out some parts (like you, the swearing) and start complaining about THAT. It's really frustrating.

RIP

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: July 11, 2008, 10:35:44 AM

and closes Darkcat's thread either by asking Lucs to close it or by using Lucs's account.

Lucs did it on his own accord. Stop accusing PN of things she hasn't done. I do not support witch hunts from either side.

And does it really matter WHO posts the news, as long as the news are correct and not censored?

She can swear without getting ban threats?

Wow, and I tried to keep the swearing down. I only see the word "fucking" twice, once censored. le.pilote did just as much only in a 1/3 as long post.
And I didn't direct the swearing personally against anyone, unlike others. It's just strengthening my point.

And since you do not have any other objections, I can't see anything else but that I'm right.

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: July 11, 2008, 10:37:25 AM
Quote from: "ferret"
She made very good points, and she's only swearing beacuse some people here don't read good posts like hers or just pick out some parts (like you, the swearing) and start complaining about THAT. It's really frustrating.

Double standards are what got us into all of this.

Either you allow swearing or you don't. There shouldn't be any "She was swearing because she got upset OK"

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: July 11, 2008, 10:38:39 AM
Quote from: "ferret"

I'm not allowed to pick out parts now? You mean members have to mind their manners and post constructive only posts in a non-confrontational way, but the mods are allowed to yell and swear? This is really getting beyond the ridiculous.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: July 11, 2008, 10:40:00 AM
Quote from: "Uncontrol"

Either you allow swearing or you don't. There shouldn't be any "She was swearing because she got upset OK"

3. Please try to watch your language. There are minors on this board, so avoid the use of profanity as much as possible, specially against other members of the board.

As I interpret the rules, swearing is allowed on the forum as long as it's not explicit, overdone or pointed towards anyone. And I did avoid it as much as possible, otherwise you would've had a "fuck"-fest there.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: July 11, 2008, 10:40:20 AM
I would still like a public reply to why Darkcat's thread was closed

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 11, 2008, 10:41:17 AM

I'm not allowed to pick out parts now? You mean members have to mind their manners and post constructive only posts in a non-confrontational way, but the mods are allowed to yell and swear? This is really getting beyond the ridiculous.

What does picking out parts and manners have to do with each others?
I addressed to every point I could see in your complaints, while you only saw swearing. There's the difference between you and me. Not the way we address them.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #80 on: July 11, 2008, 10:41:23 AM
And does it really matter WHO posts the news, as long as the news are correct and not censored?

Yes, it does. I can see it's rather frustrating for someone to do his best and post news (and darkcat posted many correct news, including the great coverage on March concerts, which is something certain people forgot prettz quickly... but then, I have already noticed that people can be used and then discarded on a whim) and have them later disregarded like this.

Pony rocks!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 11, 2008, 10:41:34 AM
You mean members have to mind their manners and post constructive only posts in a non-confrontational way, but the mods are allowed to yell and swear?

Who said that? And I can see also 'normal' Users using swearwords like fucking, so why not complain about that, too? MillieQOF made some very good points and I think it would be better to also take a look at the rest of her post and not just go like 'OMG she said fuck, double standard...'.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: July 11, 2008, 10:42:36 AM
Quote from: "Anna"

Yes, it does. I can see it's rather frustrating for someone to do his best and post news (and darkcat posted many correct news, including the great coverage on March concerts, which is something certain people forgot prettz quickly... but then, I have already noticed that people can be used and then discarded on a whim) and have them later disregarded like this.

I can assure you that the mods have not forgotten darkcat as a news source and I personally am sad to see him acting like this and wanting to get banned, when he's been a good resource to the forum in the past.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: July 11, 2008, 10:42:55 AM
I would still like a public reply to why Darkcat's thread was closed

Because the boardsoftware seems not to allow to merge threads, so one of the two threads had to go (propably it wasn't the best to open a new one when the rumour was confirmed, but shit happens) and so one of the two was picked, I really don't see the big deal there.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #84 on: July 11, 2008, 10:43:21 AM
And that is why I think his news should not be treated like MD described.

Pony rocks!

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: July 11, 2008, 10:44:09 AM
Quote from: "Matthias"
You mean members have to mind their manners and post constructive only posts in a non-confrontational way, but the mods are allowed to yell and swear?

Who said that?

Ferret said she got frustrated with my post.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: July 11, 2008, 10:48:53 AM
Quote from: "Matthias"

Who said that?

Ferret said she got frustrated with my post.

I think MillieQOF described the f***-situation  :lol:  very good in one of her last posts.

I have to agree about the 'Rumour"-'Comfirmed' Stituation, the best thing would be if (as soon as the rumour is confirmed) the person who has the confirmation doesn't start a new topic but include it into the old one and one of the staff changes the thread-title (the easiest way would be, if there is an software-update, where you can simply merge the threads, but don't know if that's possible for the admins).

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: July 11, 2008, 10:51:37 AM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"

What does picking out parts and manners have to do with each others?
I addressed to every point I could see in your complaints, while you only saw swearing. There's the difference between you and me. Not the way we address them.

You are one exceptionally rude person! I did NOT only see swearing. Please stop telling me what I am and what I'm thinking.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #88 on: July 11, 2008, 10:55:08 AM
I chose to close darkcat thread because he just told some not really nice stuffs by PM and had insulted some members of the forum. So, as he was gonna get banned, I chose to keep the other one opened. That's all.

He asked me by PM, I told him that, and he didn't complain about it. It was my own decision.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #89 on: July 11, 2008, 10:56:40 AM
Lucs, this has already happened before, not only this time.

Pony rocks!