• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

YOSHIKI and TOSHI at Japan Expo

Sander · 37166

Offline Jorge

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 02, 2010, 10:08:37 AM
So i've got everything planned so far! Leaving tomorrow, dno if I will attend the signing session in Paris, really hyped!

I hope we get to hear Born to be free aswell :)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 04, 2010, 02:32:08 PM
Any updates guys? I've read the twitter posts on the XPlosion Online Twitter, nice to hear they played Rose of Pain :)

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #62 on: July 04, 2010, 03:22:20 PM
here's the twitter-> http://twitter.com/XplosionOnline

And well that aside there haven't been any news yet. And not even pictures since it was naturally forbidden to take any of yoshiki or toshi. :/ Sometimes I really wish they would be less strict when it comes to pictures.

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 04, 2010, 03:46:04 PM
I just got back from Japan Expo... and it was quite awesome !  ;D

Unfortunately, there was no news for any upcoming concert... well they barely talked at all actually. xD
But we got to enjoy a bunch of songs, and that alone was definitely worth it!

Setlist:
1 - Video footage (from past world tour concerts, a bit of rusty nail new PV, and lots of fans from the Hollywood shooting talking about X)
2 - Forever Love
3 - Rose of Pain (accoustic)
4 - IV
5 - Endless Rain (when Toshi started singing the chorus, I was like, WTF, they added new english lyrics to Endless Rain ?!! it took me a few minutes to realize he was actually... singing in FRENCH. xD so the new chorus is : "Pluie sans fin, tombe sur mon cœur, Cicatrices de mon cœur, laisse moi oublier, toute la haine, toute la tristesse"... well, actually "toute la TWISTESSE" xD Toshi's french (flench ?) definitely cracked me up)
6 - Born to be Free (audio only, even though I wished they had played it live, this song rocks!!)

I'm really glad I went to see them today, even though I'm a little bit disappointed they didn't say anything about the french concert... and I've got to say, Toshi's voice is definitely getting better! No cracks, and he managed to hold some notes for a veeeeery long time, like in the old days. xD

Anyway, I don't have any photos/videos, but lots of people had their cameras with them, so we'll probably get to see those very soon!  :)

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: July 04, 2010, 03:52:57 PM
Thanks for sharing, Ashura Shadow.  It's always very exciting after an X event to share with the forum.  I hope I'll be doing the same next month after the Yokohama concerts...fingers crossed I get to see them again  ;D

We are X!!!!!

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 04, 2010, 04:05:08 PM
Thanks for sharing, Ashura Shadow.  It's always very exciting after an X event to share with the forum.  I hope I'll be doing the same next month after the Yokohama concerts...fingers crossed I get to see them again  ;D

I hope you'll get to see them too!! X in such a big stadium must be something awesome! ^_^

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #66 on: July 04, 2010, 06:29:33 PM
First video showed up!

Forever Love

Toshi's voice sounds GREAT! O_O

And Endless Rain
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 06:37:39 PM by AsukaMiyu »

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: July 04, 2010, 06:31:00 PM
Toshi's voice sounds GREAT! O_O

It WAS great! xD

I'm at my wits' end.

shane140

Reply #68 on: July 04, 2010, 06:50:08 PM
:O Wow, agreed about Toshi's voice.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #69 on: July 04, 2010, 06:54:04 PM
And I'm also amazed by the fans. they are so quiet! and even if they shout, it's not in that annoying fangirly way but just... happy to finally see them after all this waiting. I can't put it in word well.... but it's so touching, I can't stop watching. >_<;;;;;

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: July 04, 2010, 07:15:07 PM
And I'm also amazed by the fans. they are so quiet! and even if they shout, it's not in that annoying fangirly way but just... happy to finally see them after all this waiting. I can't put it in word well.... but it's so touching, I can't stop watching. >_<;;;;;

Yeah, I noticed too that there weren't many "fangirls screams"... Maybe it's because here people are more used to applaud than to scream, even in rock concerts...? I don't know, haha.

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 04, 2010, 07:20:26 PM
He kept his voice consistant, didn't crack up, but he still can't reach the highest notes in Forver Love, still, well done Toshi.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #72 on: July 04, 2010, 08:06:31 PM
and one more!

Screaming "we are X" and the beginning of endless rain :)

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 04, 2010, 09:25:41 PM

Not the whole thing, but a segment of them playing I.V acoustic starts at 45 seconds in.

And according to someone on the xwonderland forums they played rose of pain acoustic.

How good of X to realise that the fans only see the acoustic version as a teaser for the real thing that we actually want to see at the concerts, right? >_>'
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:39:32 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: July 04, 2010, 09:47:20 PM

And according to someone on the xwonderland forums they played rose of pain acoustic.

How good of X to realise that the fans only see the acoustic version as a teaser for the real thing that we actually want to see at the concerts, right? >_>'
Yes, they did play Rose of Pain (well... not the whole song, but a good part of it), and yes, it was frustrating xD when Toshi sang "scream without raising your voice", I wished so much Pata would come out with his guitar.... T__T

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: July 04, 2010, 09:55:48 PM

Yes, they did play Rose of Pain (well... not the whole song, but a good part of it), and yes, it was frustrating xD when Toshi sang "scream without raising your voice", I wished so much Pata would come out with his guitar.... T__T

Well, what I'm suggesting really is, here at these kinds of events the acoustic version is fine, but at big live concerts, studio version only pls.

Someone on the xwonderland forums just pointed out something I didn't really think about, Toshi's pretty awesome to switch between three languages constantly during Endless Rain.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:06:14 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: July 05, 2010, 01:24:04 AM
Toshi's voice has gotten better over the last couple of months since his Last Solo concert. Looking forward to the Lollapalooza and Nissan lives even more so now.

shane140

Reply #77 on: July 05, 2010, 01:41:15 AM
http://www.jame-world.com/fr/articles-65391-conference-de-presse-de-yoshiki-et-toshi.html interview with Yoshiki and Toshi at the expo.

They said the album will be released this fall. And will do a concert in Paris soon, MAYBE 2011. I used google translate, I'm sure the english jame will translate it soon enough.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: July 05, 2010, 04:19:47 AM
Thanks for all the posts.

I was able to watch Forever Love but not Endless Rain or IV.  Did anyone else have problems?

We are X!!!!!

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #79 on: July 05, 2010, 09:21:45 AM
The concert was awesome ! but too short xD when they started playing Rose of Pain, i was like "Oh my god, i was waiting for that song today O_o" the only song which would have been great to hear is Without you. I was looking forward to hear this song but they didn't play it.

However it was great to sing the chorus of Endless rain in french and original lyrics =) and to scream "X" =P

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: July 05, 2010, 09:23:14 AM
I saw the three videos and I really enjoyed it. Toshi's voice on Forever Love is impresive!
Too bad I couldn't be there. I appreciate that Toshi did not "scream" to the crowd in order to make them sing, he just whispered the lyrics (even if it wasn't really necessary, French fans rule!  8))
As a French I liked the french chorus and it sounded less strange with the crowd singing and Toshi's pronunciation is pretty good for someone who never talked French.

In the interview they say that they're sorry that they disappointed "a little" French fans because of cancelling 3 times the concert...well I think cancelling 3 times is not "a little" disappointment  :-\ but a big one  :-[

Well, hopefully they will do a 2011 concert and the album will be out as soon as they say it will be.

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

shane140

Reply #81 on: July 05, 2010, 10:20:20 AM
Snippets of the new PV's

Short but sweet!

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: July 05, 2010, 10:32:27 AM
Yea, Heath looks cool...you guys think the japanese garden scene is the PV for Jade?

shane140

Reply #83 on: July 05, 2010, 10:52:37 AM
Yea, Heath looks cool...you guys think the japanese garden scene is the PV for Jade?

It might all be for Jade, or all for one song,if all the videos are linked together and all part of a story that is.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: July 05, 2010, 10:53:14 AM

Rose of Pain, they only play the opening, but, fuck that was awesome singing by Toshi.

His raspy voice on "scream without" sounded a lot like Toshi's old voice as well, very cool.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:07:54 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: July 05, 2010, 10:58:58 AM
^Thanks!, I was wondering when this would be put up. Toshi's English has really really improved!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:09:06 AM by mC »

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: July 05, 2010, 11:29:59 AM
Toshi´s voice is great, I am very impressed. But I also like Yoshiki´s piano playing alot, even if this is probably very unfashionable to say here.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: July 05, 2010, 11:33:26 AM

It might all be for Jade, or all for one song,if all the videos are linked together and all part of a story that is.

The Heath motorbike scene is from Rusty Nail, it was listed in the leaked script. This is what leads me to believe that the leaked Rusty Nail PV is not the final one, given that this scene does not appear in it.

Offline Ashura Shadow

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: July 05, 2010, 01:43:27 PM
In the interview they say that they're sorry that they disappointed "a little" French fans because of cancelling 3 times the concert...well I think cancelling 3 times is not "a little" disappointment  :-\ but a big one  :-[

Well, hopefully they will do a 2011 concert and the album will be out as soon as they say it will be.

There's another report on the conference here : http://www.ongaku-dojo.fr/2010/07/conference-de-presse-x-japan/ and the translation is a little bit different... don't know which one is the more accurate, but it's interesting to read both translations!

EDIT: looks like no one noticed yet, but JaME reports that when asked what he enjoys to do aside music, Yoshiki replied: "Nothing, I don't have any free time. That's why I broke up with my girlfirend." I guess fangirls will like this line, haha.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:50:10 PM by Ashura Shadow »

I'm at my wits' end.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: July 05, 2010, 02:33:50 PM

There's another report on the conference here : http://www.ongaku-dojo.fr/2010/07/conference-de-presse-x-japan/ and the translation is a little bit different... don't know which one is the more accurate, but it's interesting to read both translations!

EDIT: looks like no one noticed yet, but JaME reports that when asked what he enjoys to do aside music, Yoshiki replied: "Nothing, I don't have any free time. That's why I broke up with my girlfirend." I guess fangirls will like this line, haha.

I guess he was dating Julia Voth afterall. Good lord.