X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

hide memorial summit - live coverage, pictures, videos, etc.

darkcat21 · 106183

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #540 on: May 06, 2008, 08:16:54 PM
Thats what I thought at first but then I remembered that with the Night of Destruction the person that put it up on d-addicts' (think its the same person) file was smaller but much better quality, think it was done with a certain codec or something, but oh well, we'll see, i'll get both just to be on the safe side.

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #541 on: May 06, 2008, 08:45:54 PM
I just got the torrent from "D addicts". It is the full X Japan concert! gonna watch now!  :D

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #542 on: May 07, 2008, 08:21:14 PM
I'm currious, does anyone have a complete setlist (acts/songs) from the WOWOW broadcast? Cause I thought Versailles would not have been broadcasted, but a least one song was as you can see in the Versailles Thread, so perhaps there are much more I don't know about  :wink:

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://chantrea-johari.livejournal.com
Reply #543 on: May 07, 2008, 10:26:15 PM
Quote from: "Matthias"
I'm currious, does anyone have a complete setlist (acts/songs) from the WOWOW broadcast? Cause I thought Versailles would not have been broadcasted, but a least one song was as you can see in the Versailles Thread, so perhaps there are much more I don't know about  :wink:

Thank you!

They apparently broadcast more than originally announced, because I've found heidi. and D'espairsRay footage as well.  Hrm.

There's a pretty complete setlist on TheOtherEast (the Dir en grey set list is missing "REPETITION OF HATRED"), and you can also find one at the very end of each of the hide memorial day features in the Special Features section of the Music JAPAN+ website.

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #544 on: May 08, 2008, 01:04:00 AM

Here's one song from Versailles' performance  :D

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #545 on: May 08, 2008, 02:08:21 AM
Quote from: "XXX"

Here's one song from Versailles' performance  :D

That's the same song as already posted. :D

Offline Leo Van Newhouse

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.frappr.com/hanoirocksfrapper
Reply #546 on: May 08, 2008, 11:50:57 PM
Does any one know the TOKYO YANKEES setlist???

NOT FAKIN' IT!!!

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #547 on: May 09, 2008, 06:24:21 AM
Quote from: "Leo Van Newhouse"
Does any one know the TOKYO YANKEES setlist???

According to TheOtherEast, their set list was:
1. Pre-Emptive Strike
2. Serial Killer
3. Ace of Spades
4. Hollywood Heart-breaker

Offline Leo Van Newhouse

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.frappr.com/hanoirocksfrapper
Reply #548 on: May 09, 2008, 07:29:24 AM
Thanks.

NOT FAKIN' IT!!!

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #549 on: May 09, 2008, 11:12:24 AM
aces of spades?????? the motorhead cover????

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #550 on: May 09, 2008, 11:18:53 AM
IS THERE A VIDEO PERFORMANCE OF THE ACE OF SPADES!? :shock:
I love their cover of the song :D

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #551 on: May 10, 2008, 12:25:45 AM
sorry for the dubblepost.
but I had to ask, whats with Heaths nazi costume  :?
I mean the eagle and the SS deathskull on his collar.
in matter of fact, whats with all the nazisme in Japan, I dont get that.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #552 on: May 10, 2008, 12:40:11 AM
Quote from: "RoseOfPain"
sorry for the dubblepost.
but I had to ask, whats with Heaths nazi costume  :?
I mean the eagle and the SS deathskull on his collar.
in matter of fact, whats with all the nazisme in Japan, I dont get that.

It's pretty much a longstanding tradition among visual and sort-of-visual bands, I guess you could say (but I think you knew that or you wouldn't have asked :P).  I'm guessing it started for taboo or shock value purposes, and/or because the uniforms look smart and intimidating.

I hope Heath is careful with that when X Japan goes overseas though.  As far as I can tell it seems pretty much accepted in Japan as part of visual/rock'n'roll costuming, but it could REALLY give overseas fans the wrong idea about the band.

Oh yeah, and if Tokyo Yankees' Ace of Spades every shows up on youtube, I want to see that too!

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #553 on: May 10, 2008, 12:44:46 AM
a thank you Hollywood :)
It was kinda confusion, also seeing bands like Rommel and Mein Kampf but if you put it like that, its kinda like (I believe it was) Johnny Rottens shirt with a crooked cross on it. just to shock people and not to like show people his political opinion.
and I do hope Heath is more carefull overseas too.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #554 on: May 10, 2008, 12:49:18 AM
No problem. :)

Yeah, exactly like that-- I mean, who knows, maybe there is some rock musician somewhere in Japan who wears that stuff and actually agrees with the politics of it.  But in general I think it's just a shock or image thing.

Offline KRazyJess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #555 on: May 10, 2008, 06:19:39 AM
Content deleted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:42:45 AM by KRazyJess »

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #556 on: May 10, 2008, 09:30:52 AM
Quote from: "KRazyJess"
I really wish people would get over the 'uniform=nazi (uniform)' idea...they weren't the only ones wearing uniforms like that, you know? And skulls and eagles have both been part of Heath's image for a very long time (if not from the very beginning) :)

But as we know (and Hollywood said) Japanese (visual) musicians have always wanted to shock and have used many 'taboo' subjects to do that. Even so, as far as I've seen, Heath's outfit is far from being nazi...Maybe I missed something, though...
yes, you clearly missed something, as you can see, on his collar he has a SS Death Skull, only used by the elite of the SS, he has a crooked cross with the eagle above it on his hat.
his jacket is just a white uniform. so its clearly a nazi uniform.
Now, if he want to wear it, thats fine by me but I dont want people to get the wrong idea about X Japan.
By the way, I do like Heath, dont get me wrong (though Taiji was better XD)

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #557 on: May 10, 2008, 10:53:18 AM
I don't think it's just a japanese visual music thing. It's a very japanese thing overall. I don't know if it has anything to do with the second world war, but us Germans were allied with the Japanese... it was like us with the Italians against the whole world (Axis of Evil, anyone?)
After America opened Japan quite cruelly after WW2, dooming their traditions as pervert (geishas etc.) and forcing the American lifestyle upon them, I think that the Japanese still have a more positive image of the Nazis than any other country in the world.
On the other hand, Japan was always pretty fond of the old German ways of living: order, discipline and accuracy. They actually lived for the same ideals and still do. AND Heath stated that he has a friend and Germany and would love to come here again soon (so I guess he's pretty fond of this country)

If you look at the whole anime/manga AND music scene, the Nazi uniform appears again and again. Yeah, it is by now a part of the goth-style, but many manga are actually Nazi themed (which usually resembles a very strict military regime of awfully goodlooking guys who use the lower ranked ss soldiers as sex-slaves... )
I think if this style actually has a message, I guess it's a more historical thing (since they have more positive connection to Nazi-Germany than any of the Allied countries) than something about political orientation.
I don't think anyone in Japan wearing those is fascist  :lol: I guess basically they just think it's damn cool and stylish for guys to wear it.

conclusion: I as German myself, who is not fond of the Nazis or any of that (especially not was going on at the moment) think that Japanese using the Nazi uniforms is something completely different. It's basically used to look good on guys (and sadly it does)

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #558 on: May 10, 2008, 11:03:07 AM
The wearing of Nazi-symbols by rock-musicians is not only a japanese thing, also american musicans wore/wear these things, because they want to shock/think it looks good/just don't give a shit....

Quote from: "Sirimono"
(Axis of Evil, anyone?)

They were called Axis powers, Axis of Evil is used for some countrys supporting terrorism (at least said so).

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #559 on: May 10, 2008, 11:18:43 AM

Quote from: "Sirimono"
(Axis of Evil, anyone?)

They were called Axis powers, Axis of Evil is used for some countrys supporting terrorism (at least said so).

hm possible, I thought of the Axis back then being called evil already.

Anyway, I wanted to stress, that wearing those uniforms in Japan is not as controversal as it is in Europe or America. Where people did it, of course too. (Prince Harry  :) )

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #560 on: May 10, 2008, 11:23:31 AM
thanks all, your comments comfort me :)

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #561 on: May 10, 2008, 04:01:19 PM
[okay, judge this yourself:

btw: you must know, I had 6 years of extra classes about the Nazi's, so I do know what I am talking about.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 02:10:30 PM by Maverick »

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #562 on: May 10, 2008, 04:19:14 PM
It may not exactly have swasticas (spelling?) on it but its pretty damn close to it.

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #563 on: May 10, 2008, 04:24:21 PM
well, that skull is almost the same (the Nazi's never made their own symbols, they just adopted them)

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #564 on: May 10, 2008, 05:40:50 PM
@Sirimono, great post!  Lots of really good points and I agree with your conclusions.  I forgot about the anime and manga thing since I don't know much about that, but thinking about it, I DO remember seeing some image somewhere of Nazi-costumed anime characters.

Quote from: "RoseOfPain"
okay, judge this yourself:

btw: you must know, I had 6 years of extra classes about the Nazi's, so I do know what I am talking about.

I'm no expert on Nazis-- I know about them of course, but I haven't had any extra classes about them-- but even I easily recognize those symbols.  That eagle of course (can't see from the photo, but when it's that eagle in that pose, the thing it's holding is a swastika), that particular skull... and if those aren't obvious enough, he's even got a red armband. :P  The style of his jacket looks Nazi too.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #565 on: May 10, 2008, 06:21:22 PM
I think that the use of Nazi insignia is a sensative issue to the world, not just Germany. Lots of people's families the world over were torn apart in the second world war, mine included, so I think that German people who are particularly sensative about the issue need to think a little more broadly about it. I'm fine with it's use, it's meant to shock people and its nothing new to X - Toshi wore plenty of Nazi-looking-stuff back in the early 90's.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #566 on: May 10, 2008, 06:49:05 PM
Quote from: "Beauty/Broken"
I'm fine with it's use, it's meant to shock people and its nothing new to X - Toshi wore plenty of Nazi-looking-stuff back in the early 90's.

What Nazi-looking stuff did Toshi wear?  I'm not saying you're wrong, just don't remember seeing it.

Personally yeah, I'm fine with its use too-- like you said, it's meant to shock people (and it does).  And while I'm no Nazi, at all, I must admit they're some pretty smart-looking uniforms.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #567 on: May 10, 2008, 07:47:08 PM
I don't think the actual uniforms were really hot. I think it's much better what the Japanese made of it.
That is indeed really cool

Offline Belial

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #568 on: May 11, 2008, 05:02:35 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
...and if those aren't obvious enough, he's even got a red armband. :P  

If I'm not wrong, hide also used it sometimes...

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #569 on: May 11, 2008, 06:20:38 AM
Quote from: "Babak"
The uniforms look cool indeed!  :shock:

Two words. Hugo Boss. :P

MODERATOR'd!