X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

hide memorial summit - live coverage, pictures, videos, etc.

darkcat21 · 105827

Offline MisterEN

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #570 on: May 11, 2008, 03:45:13 PM
Heath's uniform was probably done for looks more than anything, as I recall Heath has a habit of constantly changing his style.

I do recall Sugizo (Who is probably one of the most liberal, anti-war, anti racist musicians that I can think of) actually wearing a leather Nazi uniform from a video I viewed quite awhile ago. Again it was done for looks more than anything.

Besides that when has X ever tried to convey a political message?

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #571 on: May 11, 2008, 04:07:44 PM
Quote from: "Beauty/Broken"
so I think that German people who are particularly sensative about the issue need to think a little more broadly about it.

Germans who react sensitive to Nazi uniform do so because they are annoyed with the German=Nazi thing. There are still many ignorant poeple who know nothing or hardly anything about the Third Reich, believe that Hitler is still alive, greet Germans with "Nazi/Hitler" and think Germans don't have a sense of humour due to events that have happened 60 years ago. Hell, lately the only time when Germans went out and swung the German flag proudly was during the FIFA Worldcup. If you're a patriot in Germany, you automatically are considered a Nazi, of course Germans react sensitive to the uniform.

I don't think Japanese musicians wearing the uniforms if that shocking anymore, though, they should try something new, I say Blackface is a safe choice.

RIP

Offline Maya

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #572 on: May 11, 2008, 04:16:58 PM
Yeah, Ferret is right ... The whole nazi thing is just annoying.
I mean, in france some people called out "Heil Hitler" when they noticed, we were Germans. In England our host family said we should better not go out on Helloween since Germans are not gladly seen there and they were frightened someone could do something to us <_< ... we are unpopular abroad because of our history and this just sucks. e_è

And when I see people wearing a nazi uniform ... I dunno ... I'm aware of the fact that it's mostly just for being "trendy", "looking cool", whatever ... But there is automatically an assoziation seeing this clothes. Also if the musician doesn't have any political ambitions.

I am a bit sensitive in this matter, too. XD; I just don't feel comfortable seeing clothes like this worn ... but okay, if they want to ...
I can't really express it better .__.

Wild passion~

"C'mon Yoshiki, you can do this ... if you do it fast, maybe noone notices it's happening ..."
"Eeeek, he kissed me xD"

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #573 on: May 11, 2008, 04:23:02 PM
Gladly, I haven't gotten insulted like that so far. But usually if I get to talk to an american and say that I'm german I get a "heil hitler lol" or something...

Well I don't really mind Japanese artists wearing those uniforms. I actually like it that some people on this world found something positive about our history (good looks :P) and don't hate us for that.
I think Japan is the country that hates us the least for what happened here  :D

Anyway, I'm sick of the Germans accusing other Germans being Nazis when you show some patriotism. I love my country and I like the people here, even though I get angry with them a lot and I'm not... well proud about that part of the history, but I'm proud that the german states are finally united and I'm proud of our achievements.

And I have a BIG German flag due to the Fifa Worldcup and will gladly put it out of my window during the european cup as well  :)

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #574 on: May 11, 2008, 05:04:50 PM
Quote from: "Babak"
But all germans are Nazis!!!

Seriously though, do you guys think Heath knew he was wearing a nazi suit to begin with?

Yeah I think he knew it   :o  as I stated before, Heath likes Germany a lot and has a friend here (i think he said so in the JRR interview?), I don't think he doesn't know what a Nazi uniform would look like if he's interested into this country

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #575 on: May 11, 2008, 05:47:43 PM
Some reviews from JaMe
Day one part A:
http://www.jame-world.com/uk/article.php?id=4677
Follow the other links for day one part B,day two etc..

jigokugal

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #576 on: May 11, 2008, 06:27:15 PM
Quote from: "Maya19"
In England our host family said we should better not go out on Helloween since Germans are not gladly seen there and they were frightened someone could do something to us <_< ... we are unpopular abroad because of our history and this just sucks.

I can say on behalf of the English people that I think your host family were over-reacting. I for one was out on Halloween a group of friends which included German exchange students without any incident. In my experience the English only tend to bring up the second world war for comedic effect, such as the recent issues surrounding comments that Jeremy Clarkeson from Top Gear made. The German people are valued kindly in England as sporting rivals, any animosity and prejudice tends to come from the older generations  who lived through the war and of course the inevitable ignorant pigs.

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #577 on: May 11, 2008, 06:30:09 PM
ok, not to interfere the discussion about nazi and stuff. But please keep the discussion on topic. If you want to talk further about Nazi, Hitler and Germany, better make a new topic. =)

jigokugal

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #578 on: May 11, 2008, 07:04:46 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"
I think Japan is the country that hates us the least for what happened here  :D

:P Maybe because they were friends of Hitler & Co.? And I'm NOT kidding!

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #579 on: May 12, 2008, 01:29:14 AM
There was actually a Buddhist symbol that looked like a reverse swastika, and I think it represented something like the cycle of life. The Nazis just flipped that around and changed its meaning. So that might have something to do with why the symbol is so popular in Japan. o.o

And I don't see any swastika-like symbols on Heath's outfit in that picture by the way. o.o

Edit-
Taken from Wikipedia:

The symbol as it is used in Buddhist art and scripture is known in Japanese as a manji (literally, "the character for eternality" 萬字), and represents Dharma, universal harmony, and the balance of opposites. When facing left, it is the omote (front) manji, representing love and mercy. Facing right, it represents strength and intelligence, and is called the ura (rear) manji. Balanced manji are often found at the beginning and end of Buddhist scriptures (outside India).

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #580 on: May 12, 2008, 02:21:39 AM
the skull is used on lower-arms of bikers to "cheat death"
it was used way before the Nazi's
what Im trying to say, the Nazi's ruïned the rep. of some innocent symbols.
By the way, it wasnt my intention to start a whole discussion about this nor was it to question a political message in X's music. (yeah, I  know they dont have one.)
so, my apologies to people who where/are offended by this discussion.

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #581 on: May 12, 2008, 06:12:58 PM
We've also gone completely off-topic to what this thread is about.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #582 on: May 12, 2008, 06:21:05 PM
Quote from: "Ulquiorra"
We've also gone completely off-topic to what this thread is about.

I think we noticed that.

YAY HIDE SUMMIT GREAT CAN'T WAIT FOR DVDS :D:D:D:D

Offline leading_note

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/leading_note
Reply #583 on: May 13, 2008, 02:10:57 AM
some screen shots. :D

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #584 on: May 13, 2008, 07:10:42 AM
Yeah, that part is awesome!! XD Heath laughing, hehehe..... it was funny. :D

May X be with you!

Offline Kihl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #585 on: May 14, 2008, 09:02:02 AM
I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but does anyone know the model of Pata's guitar during Scars?

It looks like a Firebird, but it is a Burny and has a different headstock.

Thanks for any help.

Love will Find a Way

This the Line you Used to Love

Do you Still believe that?

Offline kendofreak

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #586 on: May 20, 2008, 09:22:02 PM
its an x-plorer shape with a dean headstock but not sure of the make!
Never heard of them!

Offline Yurga~

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #587 on: November 16, 2010, 07:14:11 PM
Where can I found Hide memorial summit torrent or direct link of downloading?
But whole summit, both days, not only that one when X japan appeared~