Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

[Rumour] X Japan London - September 27th Wembley Arena

Beauty/Broken · 18946

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
According to a promoter who helped get the recent Miyavi show organised in the UK the X Japan London show will go ahead at the 10 thousand capacity Wembley Arena on September 27th. The show will be officially announced on Saturday at the Japan Expo is Paris.

The promoter herself has also added the show to the Last FM concert calendar which can be seen here: http://www.last.fm/event/681340

Please don't take this as a 100% certain fact, but also please don't delete it and tell me to wait for it to be official. The promoter was involved in the process, so for now I think that her "on the record" say-so is good enough to be at least allowed on this forum.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:46:27 PM
27th september would be cool for me. Just realised that I really hope there is no european concert at 20th september, cause at that date I'm invited to a wedding of a very good friend, and she would kill me (or worse) if I wouldn't come  :D

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:48:50 PM
This would be great ! Thanks for the rumour !

Well we'll give you an update of what is announced at the Japan Expo.

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:54:26 PM
Ill definitely go to the London one  :wink:  I can miss the school on friday, I wanna sleep in front of the arena  :lol:

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 07:56:25 PM
Quote from: "julien"
Ill definitely go to the London one  :wink:  I can miss the school on friday, I wanna sleep in front of the arena  :lol:

Haha, I don't think that would be such a good idea - London isn't the nicest of places at night. Then again, jrock fans are notorious for camping out for gigs over here, so it's likely that you will have lots of people to talk to and protect you XD

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 07:59:30 PM
Also the I don't think Wembley Arena/the police allow people to camp outside the venue do they?

But anyway, if this is true then this is the best news I've had all year :D:D

This is my moderator colour

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 07:59:58 PM
lol... actually I don't hope this is real, because I got to work mon to sat the last september and first october week...
otherwise, I'd happily go to london to see em.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 08:07:13 PM
This sounds pretty reliable; here is the promoter's pedigree:

Working with GIGSANDTOURS promotions, London venues and various promoters to help bring J-rock in to the UK more frequently for you

☆★☆Working With☆★☆
Dir en grey
the GazettE
Moon -Kana-
Plastic Tree
Girugamesh
Dio - distraught overlord
アンティック-珈琲店-/An Cafe
-雅-Miyavi
Gackt
Renrer en Soi
Tokyo Decadance
Ayabie
Kagrra
LM.C
X-Japan

*there are ALOT more getting added so keep watch.

I Created, still run and manage the Dir en grey Street Team:UK. Which is an Official Street Team for the band thanks to The Noise Cartel Promotions label taking us 'under their wing', They manage the bands promotional materials and we help distribute them as well as various other things.

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 08:09:08 PM
woot, it means it's real !!! 3 months to go  :lol:

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 08:13:28 PM
Well he seems reliable, but don't get your hopes up. Just wait until it's officially announced by the band, their management and/or JRR.

This is my moderator colour

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 08:16:27 PM
Wembley would be cool, and Saturday is a good night imo, so I'm all for it!

(Just as long as its not at the o2, that place suuuuucks)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 08:24:57 PM
Quote from: "Zwanster"

It's not thaaaaaat bad - I'm just glad they did something with it after it's use as "The Millenium Dome" came to an end. It felt pretty embarressing to be English when they were all like "omg - what do we do with this giant dome?".

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 08:35:39 PM
Quote from: "Beauty/Broken"
Quote from: "Zwanster"

It's not thaaaaaat bad - I'm just glad they did something with it after it's use as "The Millenium Dome" came to an end. It felt pretty embarressing to be English when they were all like "omg - what do we do with this giant dome?".

Millennium Dome did suck completely to be fair, but o2 isn't much better imo, I saw Smashing Pumpkins there (one of my favourite bands, bar X Japan of course) and it was almost completely ruined by the people there. People actually left like half way through  :lol:  So I have a grudge against it somewhat...

But going back to topic, I've never been to Wembley (old or new) so it should be interesting.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 09:31:01 PM
I  -  can  -  not  -  go

Somebody put a curse on me.

hi there

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 09:32:55 PM
I hope it's for real now, I won't book a shit until there are tickets out.

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 10:15:31 PM
Hope it's real.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 11:07:42 PM
I think I will be the only one here thats a little pissed off if this is true...considering that they were planning to do NY on the 13th...and that I already have tickets for NY...and that Yoshiki should be well enough to play London which is only a mere 2 weeks after the night NY would have been done... :twisted:

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 11:30:29 PM
Quote from: "mC"
I think I will be the only one here thats a little pissed off if this is true...considering that they were planning to do NY on the 13th...and that I already have tickets for NY...and that Yoshiki should be well enough to play London which is only a mere 2 weeks after the night NY would have been done... :twisted:

Well, I was not planning to go to any show, but I have to say I agree with you. In case this is true, it'd be a bit off from them to play in London when they had already promised a performance in NY. It's like... they have no "excuse" not to do it.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 11:43:27 PM
I. WANT.

O_O

May X be with you!

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 01:58:15 AM

You will not be the only one who is pissed, believe me. Unless there are venue issues with MSG with regards to dates, I cannot see why they would not...after officially announcing it and all. I understand what happened and what went on with the postponement and such which would sometimes force a change to occur that is out of anyones reach, however, continuing with the plan at MSG is not impossible, they might see it as just not being ideal at the moment. We'll just have to sit tight as they have said there are more tour locations TBA so we may still be in luck.  Also, I'm not ragging on the supposed London concert in September, but by the looks of Wembley Arena, in terms of size and whatnot, they could pull off a more intense, beautiful concert at MSG.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 08:00:50 AM
I'll wait for the Japan Expo announcement,but if that's true as i seems to be,I'll be in London FOR SURE 8)

The Wembley Arena is also a pretty good place to hold a X concert in my opinion :)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 08:49:26 AM
Quote from: "Feudal"
Also, I'm not ragging on the supposed London concert in September, but by the looks of Wembley Arena, in terms of size and whatnot, they could pull off a more intense, beautiful concert at MSG.

Meh, I don't think MSG is so great. Wembley Arena has a concert history which rivals MSG and in terms of size I think it would be kinda cool for X to play there as opposed to the larger, newer venues such as the O2 Arena or Wembley Stadium (neither of which they would realistically fill).

If X can't fill 10 thousand seats here in Europe, then it will kinda scupper the fact that they have booked a venue twice as large in the States.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 10:40:33 AM
--UPDATE--

According to the Whois Database the XJapan.co.uk domain name has been registered in the past few days by a none UK party. It's possible that this is a mere coincidence but with the Taiwan and Korean websites being operational to promote the concerts it's possible that this is an indicator that the show is going to happen.

Relevant dates
    Registered on: 23-Jun-2008
    Renewal date: 23-Jun-2010
    Last updated: 23-Jun-2008
Registration status
    Registration request being processed.
Name servers
    ns354240.ovh.net
    sdns1.ovh.net

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 10:43:18 AM
OH IT ROCKS!!! i hope www.xjapan.fr will be registered too and why not .be  :lol:

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 10:44:41 AM
--UPDATE--

According to the Whois Database the XJapan.co.uk domain name has been registered in the past few days by a none UK party. It's possible that this is a mere coincidence but with the Taiwan and Korean websites being operational to promote the concerts it's possible that this is an indicator that the show is going to happen.

Excuse me, but... HOW MUCH FREE TIME DO YOU HAVE? XD
I would never even get the idea to sit and whois xjapan domains XD

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 11:13:04 AM
--UPDATE--

Relevant dates
    Registered on: 23-Jun-2008
    Renewal date: 23-Jun-2010
    Last updated: 23-Jun-2008
Registration status
    Registration request being processed.
Name servers
    ns354240.ovh.net
    sdns1.ovh.net

Thanks for the news,that's a great indication that something is indeed happening  :D

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 01:54:30 PM
I'm definitely not getting excited prematurely this time, but that would be a pretty perfect date for me...

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 03:06:51 PM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"
--UPDATE--

Excuse me, but... HOW MUCH FREE TIME DO YOU HAVE? XD
I would never even get the idea to sit and whois xjapan domains XD

It only takes 2 minutes XD

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 03:12:08 PM
HOSHIT
It's before my birthday X_x

BUT STILL

I'M GOING : D

Offline MillieQOF