• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

[Rumour] X Japan London - September 27th Wembley Arena

Beauty/Broken · 18913

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 10:57:16 PM
Quote from: "Beauty/Broken"
If it doesn't happen it doesn't happen, it's no skin off my nose.

It's not like extremely imature and self-obsessing people are going to stand there and say "hahahahaha, omg as if you read that rumour, u r pwned". Oh, wait  :roll:

No one says so - i just have gone through things before that people read pretty old 'news' about what ever, and made a fuss because of that... ten seconds later they did find out the real situation and that's that then. A rumour starts to spread which could have been easily avoided.

However, I'm not saying that you're doing so. Actually, what is posted here had mostly some source like medias and stuff like that which is reasonable to discuss.

But still, one should still not forget to look carefully about what it is and better read things twice but post something out of excitement - that's what I want to say. And actually, that's my personal definition of a rumor which would have been unnecessary.
I think the solution here to mark things which are not officially announced  (= from the management or the members themselves) as rumor is a good one.

Quote from: "Hollywood"

It seems lately that people (like Beauty/Broken in this thread) are taking the time to post information for us, naturally assuming their contributions will be appreciated, and instead getting nearly attacked for it for no apparent reason. What did anyone do wrong here?

Didn't see anyone attacking someone here or posting an inappropriate or insulting/negative, whatever comment about this new information. Everyone simply posted his/her opinion.

And that's now pretty OT - sorry for this ^^;

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Belle & Sebastian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 10, 2008, 01:49:12 AM
according to the x japan website, the paris concert will be the 1st one in europe, so no london concert before paris

Offline PSYCHed

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 10, 2008, 10:25:08 AM
... but that still doesn't mean to say that X could play at Wembley AFTER the Paris gig (start of their world tour) - mmmmm.... - fingers and toes all firmly xd!!!  :P

~~~~~~~
EVER FREE
~~~~~~~

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #63 on: July 10, 2008, 10:50:28 AM
Wanting people to stop spreading rumours is like wanting water to stop flowing.
If the rumour is BIG, IMPORTANT for many people and UNTRUE, the managment should FACE IT and not hide like they usually do it (= no statement at all). They should officially say: 'We're sorry, but the rumour about London concert is NOT true.' untill it's too late. But wanting thousands people to NOT spread rumours? That can't work. Some people are living of rumours (tabloid journalists).

May X be with you!

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #64 on: July 10, 2008, 10:52:08 AM
Right. Plus, a normal, mature fan will always sort these right and even if not, he won't go blaming anything on X-Japan. And the rest of the people simply cannot be helped until they grow up, period.

Pony rocks!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #65 on: July 10, 2008, 02:12:03 PM
Rumors are ok only as long as they stay as rumors and don't get out of hand. If people try to believe in them too much they spill over the cup and become the truth, or thought about as truth.

This is my administrator color.

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #66 on: July 12, 2008, 06:45:54 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
Rumors are ok only as long as they stay as rumors and don't get out of hand. If people try to believe in them too much they spill over the cup and become the truth, or thought about as truth.

Nah, apparently the London show was going to happen. I was helping with Promotion, it's just the promoters gave out the information before X wanted them to. That's the story anyway. This show is basically scrapped, Paris all the way now  :roll:

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #67 on: July 12, 2008, 06:52:10 PM
wOOt ! So, X is going to perform in London after the X show? I'm wondering if i'll have enough money  :lol:

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: July 12, 2008, 06:53:58 PM
Quote from: "julien"
wOOt ! So, X is going to perform in London after the X show? I'm wondering if i'll have enough money  :lol:

No i don't think the London show is going ahead now. I think the promotion team messed up pretty bad. I was working on it and havok got caused, promotion team who I was working with are in alot of trouble.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #69 on: July 12, 2008, 10:59:56 PM
Too bad for all London fans... And too bad for the promotion team, as you just let every X fan know why their favorite band isn't preforming in London :P

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: July 13, 2008, 12:22:38 AM
Too bad for all London fans... And too bad for the promotion team, as you just let every X fan know why their favorite band isn't preforming in London :P

LMFAO, well said. I'm kinda disappointed myself. But hey?, Im hopefully going to Paris. How can I complain =D.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: July 13, 2008, 01:05:30 AM

I'm kinda pissed off that this comes across as so smug, I don't like your tone.
Surely any X show is a good X show? I don't think the promotion team have messed up that bad - trying to get X to play in London is surely a good thing.

Shame on you Hypno!

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: July 13, 2008, 01:06:44 AM

Surely any X show is a good X show? I don't think the promotion team have messed up that bad - trying to get X to play in London is surely a good thing.

Shame on you Hypno!

TBH, I guess you're right. The promotion team done well to the extent that X could of played UK.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 13, 2008, 01:10:32 AM
Quote from: "aruzo"

Shame on you Hypno!

TBH, I guess you're right. The promotion team done well to the extent that X could of played UK.

Damn right, what gives this dude the right to basically point and laugh? This is 'X Freaks' Forums is it not? Surely trying to get X Japan to play shows is a good thing - as far as I see it nothing has been lost in the process, that kind of reaction is simply not needed.

Shame on you Hypno!

Offline Lord Arioch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: July 13, 2008, 01:19:03 AM
So that's what happened is it? Hm, seems a bit petty from X if you ask me :roll: Scrapping a show because the promoter announced it a few days early. Oh well.

"The dream is alive, with the moon on the hills every night,
Run around and see another side of the dream
Freedom has a meaning for me, you can't tame me!!!"

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #75 on: July 13, 2008, 01:21:16 AM

Shame on you Hypno!
Sorry, if I'm misunderstood again. I'm really sorry for the English fans. Honestly, London would have been cheaper for me (though as most of the people I know would have went to Paris, so would have I) and I'd have done what I could to get to both shows.

Offline PSYCHed

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: July 14, 2008, 04:03:36 PM
Yeah, living in the UK I too think it sucks if they don't play in London for whatever reason, but the truth is that these days it is probably just as cheap to travel abroad to see a band play with the cheap airlines etc.

I mean at the moment I am currently facing the dilema (spelling  :?: ) of whether to book my flight well in advance of Paris gig and tickets going on sale when it will only cost around £50 - if I wait then it is likely to at least double in price.

Besides, if they don't play here - it is always a good excuse for a short holiday elsewhere (mmm better get saving NOW!!!)  :wink:

~~~~~~~
EVER FREE
~~~~~~~

Offline Lord Arioch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: July 14, 2008, 04:38:25 PM
Quote from: "PSYCHed"
Yeah, living in the UK I too think it sucks if they don't play in London for whatever reason, but the truth is that these days it is probably just as cheap to travel abroad to see a band play with the cheap airlines etc.

I mean at the moment I am currently facing the dilema (spelling  :?: ) of whether to book my flight well in advance of Paris gig and tickets going on sale when it will only cost around £50 - if I wait then it is likely to at least double in price.

It's pretty frustrating :( I nearly bought all of the stuff in advance of the July 5th concert in Paris, I'm glad I didn't. This time around I don't know what to do. Once flights start going up significantly, I think I'll just buy the tickets.

"The dream is alive, with the moon on the hills every night,
Run around and see another side of the dream
Freedom has a meaning for me, you can't tame me!!!"

PanthereNoire

Reply #78 on: July 14, 2008, 05:00:25 PM
^ I DON'T think that's what the original poster meant.

There is WAY to much money and organisation involved for any band, X or whoever, to cancel a live over something like a premature announcement.

In fact, the Tokyo Lives were "scooped" by a local paper before they were announced officially.

However...

@aruzo: I think it would be better if you refrained from posting things you might have learned while working with promoters or other people related to the world tour. Standard practice with people even only helping out with events, you have to sign a non disclosure agreement and I can't imagine that requirement has been waved for the UK. So, unless you have official permission to share what you know and can prove that you are allowed to, please DON'T post any comments relating to the London Live here anymore.

Thank you very much.

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: July 14, 2008, 05:24:03 PM
Quote from: "PanthereNoire"
^ I DON'T think that's what the original poster meant.

There is WAY to much money and organisation involved for any band, X or whoever, to cancel a live over something like a premature announcement.

In fact, the Tokyo Lives were "scooped" by a local paper before they were announced officially.

However...

@aruzo: I think it would be better if you refrained from posting things you might have learned while working with promoters or other people related to the world tour. Standard practice with people even only helping out with events, you have to sign a non disclosure agreement and I can't imagine that requirement has been waved for the UK. So, unless you have official permission to share what you know and can prove that you are allowed to, please DON'T post any comments relating to the London Live here anymore.

Thank you very much.

I wern't official. I was just helping a friend. Everythings went to pot basically. Paris here we come.

PanthereNoire

Reply #80 on: July 14, 2008, 05:33:19 PM
Then please post things you just "heard" as rumour, would you.

And I understand you want to keep other fans informed, but please let's be clear what is actually official and what it not. :)

Offline Acchi

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: August 17, 2008, 02:53:08 PM
That would.. make my life :|
Id have to get a short boat across or a plane or something but its a hell of alot closer to me than Paris :D
please..be..true. O _ O''

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #82 on: August 17, 2008, 03:39:20 PM
If you read the last few posts you'd see that the rumour is not true, Paris is the first gig of the tour, not London

This is my moderator colour

Offline Acchi

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: August 17, 2008, 04:21:23 PM
Oh, im sorry, i just got over excited by the fact it might be true and forgot to read on. :(
Damn..

Offline jibril

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: August 20, 2008, 09:04:23 PM
this would have been soo great