• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X JAPAN WORLD TOUR Live in TOKYO

Wearex316 · 66535

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: May 26, 2009, 03:10:30 AM
Maybe there were not so much fans, because of the "hide memorial day".
To be sincere, these were the worst X performances that I ever saw. Yoshiki misses A LOT, Toshi should take care of his voice, Sugizo being member doesn't change NOTHING, he almost doesn't play and hide still appears more than the 5 alive members.

Maybe some people are getting tired of going to concerts to see "live performances" and there was The Last Live recordings on the screens while 5 another randoms are on the stage.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #151 on: May 27, 2009, 04:52:06 PM
i dissagree they keep getting better and better sugizo's part was huge guess you cant make everyone happy.

im streaming the 3rd now if you wanna see im at http://www.justin.tv/breeze316 access code is "zombie
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:11:44 PM by Wearex316 »

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: May 27, 2009, 05:05:13 PM
i dissagree they keep getting better and better sugizo's part was huge guess you cant make everyone happy.

Maybe 'huge' compared to some of the previous shows, but there are still many guitarsolos which aren't played live.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #153 on: May 27, 2009, 05:13:29 PM
thats because hide's still a member there for he still gets his solos which should only be played by him i dont want sugizo to play hide's solos there hide's.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: May 27, 2009, 06:56:08 PM
how many times will you repeat the stupid thing of the broadcasts?

and hide is not a member, he's dead, corpses can't play guitar and somebody should do it instead of him and this is sugizo

hi there

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: May 27, 2009, 07:38:50 PM
he's dead, corpses can't play guitar and somebody should do it instead of him and this is sugizo

+ Sugizo already took over some solos, but if they are willing to continue touring (and maybe releasing some new songs) the live-concerts should really be 'live', at least that's my opinion.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: May 27, 2009, 08:47:11 PM
and hide is not a member, he's dead, corpses can't play guitar and somebody should do it instead of him and this is sugizo

exactly what I think. I mean, if we want to watch hide we still got plenty of old and great X Japan lives.
New X Japan has a new guitarist and should make real good use of it.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #157 on: May 27, 2009, 10:22:53 PM
i know how you guys feel but look at it this way this is probably gonna be X's last concerts after the world tour i think thats it. they probably want to end with hide and he still is a member look at there site it still says member and at concerts he is still announced as a member. so i think X still believes hes a member.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: May 28, 2009, 11:04:51 AM
i know how you guys feel but look at it this way this is probably gonna be X's last concerts after the world tour i think thats it. they probably want to end with hide and he still is a member look at there site it still says member and at concerts he is still announced as a member. so i think X still believes hes a member.

hide stil being a member is just for hide fans to come to their lives.

Sugizo shoud do solos but not hide's but his own.

Offline KRazyJess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: May 28, 2009, 01:01:00 PM
Content deleted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:52:09 AM by KRazyJess »

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: May 28, 2009, 01:25:20 PM
Since everyone has posted their opinmion so far....I'lkl go ahead and post mine too.

I'm actually happy with hide stillbeing called a member, still being announced as a member in the concerts, still being shown on screens etc etc.
I do want to see some more of Sugizo playing but then again, I don't necessarily want to see less of hide.
I want to see Sugizo playing the solos in the new songs and as far as the old ones go they can have him playing in half of them and have the live recordings in the other half.
Or something like that.

Call me an idiot who sees things in a very romantic and unrealistoc way but I want hide to still be a member of the band even if he is dead.
I think he deserves it, jusyt as much as Sugizo deserves credit for who he is and not for 'the guitarist who replaced hide'. Therefore I think that him being called a sixth member is the best case. (IMHO.)

Also, I really hate it when people start saying that X or Yoshiki mention hide all the time because of the money etc.
I guess everyone will have their own opinion but I strongly believe this is not the case. I don't think that they woul;d want to leave hide back themselves. And more than trying to get more people in the lives for money, as some suggested, I think they are trying to please as much people as it is possible. (And no, that doesn't equal money, not in my head at least.)

All this time, for every person O have heard saying 'no more hide, let X continue on their way and leave him on the past' there has been at least one more person saying 'hide should still be a member' or even in extreme cases 'we don'tr want X without hide.'
I suppose when you are standing in the spotlight you just can't please everyone.
I wish people would apreciate their efforts to please both sides instead of critisizing them the whole time...:-/
(Though, yes, criticizing is also good some times....I just don't like seeing this specific argument go one for ever...^^;;;).

Anyway, those were my 2 cents on the subject...~

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #161 on: May 28, 2009, 01:30:06 PM
They've said from the very beginning that they would do this World Tour with hide. I don't see why everyone seems so surprised that even though Sugizo's been confirmed as the 6th member, we still have lots of hide. I'm not saying it's right, but they said they would do it, so why expect something different?

After the Tokyo Dome lives last year, I too thought there was too much hide. I also think that Sugizo deserves to play more, since they made him a member. But I don't think the amount of hide stuff (recordings, video footage) to decrease dramatically. At least not until they say: OK, this is the last live of this World Tour.

I don't like people suggesting they're having hide stuff just to get hide fans to attend lives or to get their money or some such thing. IMO, that's total crap. X have plenty of X fans who would gladly fill up arenas without the help of hide fans. Plus I wouldn't be so sure hide fans would come to a live just to see him on the screen or hear his solos recorded. They can just as well do that at home.

As for why some would prefer the original hide recordings to Sugizo's live renditions of the solos, it might have something to do with the fact that hide's solos aren't very much Sugizo's style. So even while he'd most likely play them perfectly from a technical point of view, the feeling might be different. This is just a guess, though.

But anyway, Sugizo is the SIXth member of X, not fifth. He's not replacing hide, so I don't see why everyone assumes he would be taking over all of hide's parts as if he was replacing him. hide's here to stay, dead or alive, whether we like it or not. If I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the day when there won't be any recordings of hide in lives anymore...
you said it pefectly i agree 100% with you. and i dont think sugizo wants to replace hide.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #162 on: May 28, 2009, 01:32:44 PM
Since everyone has posted their opinmion so far....I'lkl go ahead and post mine too.

I'm actually happy with hide stillbeing called a member, still being announced as a member in the concerts, still being shown on screens etc etc.
I do want to see some more of Sugizo playing but then again, I don't necessarily want to see less of hide.
I want to see Sugizo playing the solos in the new songs and as far as the old ones go they can have him playing in half of them and have the live recordings in the other half.
Or something like that.

Call me an idiot who sees things in a very romantic and unrealistoc way but I want hide to still be a member of the band even if he is dead.
I think he deserves it, jusyt as much as Sugizo deserves credit for who he is and not for 'the guitarist who replaced hide'. Therefore I think that him being called a sixth member is the best case. (IMHO.)

Also, I really hate it when people start saying that X or Yoshiki mention hide all the time because of the money etc.
I guess everyone will have their own opinion but I strongly believe this is not the case. I don't think that they woul;d want to leave hide back themselves. And more than trying to get more people in the lives for money, as some suggested, I think they are trying to please as much people as it is possible. (And no, that doesn't equal money, not in my head at least.)

All this time, for every person O have heard saying 'no more hide, let X continue on their way and leave him on the past' there has been at least one more person saying 'hide should still be a member' or even in extreme cases 'we don'tr want X without hide.'
I suppose when you are standing in the spotlight you just can't please everyone.
I wish people would apreciate their efforts to please both sides instead of critisizing them the whole time...:-/
(Though, yes, criticizing is also good some times....I just don't like seeing this specific argument go one for ever...^^;;;).

Anyway, those were my 2 cents on the subject...~
and a very good 2 cents you have there. i thought i was alone for a min there.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:46:06 PM by Wearex316 »

Offline KRazyJess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: May 28, 2009, 01:51:39 PM
Content deleted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:52:31 AM by KRazyJess »

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: May 28, 2009, 02:03:13 PM

And everyone has the right to like or dislike something, but when all people do is point out bad things and all they do is criticize, it gets annoying. (and that's more about X fans now in general, not necessarily here)

Couldn´t agree more with you ...

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #165 on: May 28, 2009, 05:39:42 PM
i thought the opening to Kurenai was awesome. its not like there not changing anything. imaging tho sugizo doing the beginning of rose of pain i get chills thinking of how awesome it would sound. anyway i think they are doing there best. and when they come to the US i hope they play a crap load of hide footage.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: May 28, 2009, 06:56:50 PM
Someone on the Kurenai video of the May 2nd concert on youtube suggested an alternate version of the Art of life opening with Sugizo doing a Violin version of it, that would be awesome too.

I definelty want hide to remain as part of X-Japan however they need to start using more variety in their clips, for example, since they reunited I don't think they've used any other hide clip for the Rusty Nail solo then the last live one, and it was starting to get very irritating, luckily at the May 2nd and 3rd concerts they played it down slightly, they used the last live clips again but from different angles, and didn't show the clips as much.

But they need to start using all the performances of it from 1994-1997, and with songs like Kurenai and Weekend they should use tons of clips from 1992-1997, and keep changing them up every time. For guitar solos, they could use one clip for several concerts, but each time use different versions that have different camera angles, they need to mix it up a bit more so it wont be repetative.

hide's "tobe, tobe, tobe, tobe, tobe" moment during X needs to use different versions and stop ending with the one from 1992/1993, those are getting repetative now imo.

I also agree with roseofpain84, they should have Sugizo playing one half of a song and hide playing the other half, or half the songs with hide playing the solos, and the other half with Sugizo playing them.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:02:37 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: May 28, 2009, 07:45:39 PM
I agree about them needing a variety of clips.
I don't know...I was wondering if they are using those all the time because they match better with the way the rest of the members are playing now?
Or maybe because hide's appearence on those matches better with the appearence the band has now?

About the 'tobe, tobe, tobe' part....I really liked how in this year's lives they showed clips of it from various lives. They didn't do this last year, right? Or did I simply forget it??

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: May 28, 2009, 10:21:49 PM
No, them showing several "tobe tobe tobe"  moments at once has only been done this year.

Really I think all of hide's looks including the ones from 1995-1997 were basically just as far away from the other member's looks from that period as his looks from 87-94, so imo if they can show 1997 hide with the current band they can show hide clips from 1992, they did it with Blue Blood at the countdown gig.

Offline MisterEN

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: May 29, 2009, 05:57:59 AM
My personal theory on the whole Sugizo not doing the solos for certain songs thing is that perhaps hide may have wrote that specific section of the song despite the fact that the song as a whole may have been written by Yoshiki, therefore the solos are hide recordings out of respect to hide.

And if thats the case then I have no problem with Sugizo not doing those particular solos.

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: May 29, 2009, 12:09:03 PM
My personal theory on the whole Sugizo not doing the solos for certain songs thing is that perhaps hide may have wrote that specific section of the song despite the fact that the song as a whole may have been written by Yoshiki, therefore the solos are hide recordings out of respect to hide.

And if thats the case then I have no problem with Sugizo not doing those particular solos.

Solos are, of course, written by hide; but still Jun had his own solo for kurenai, so why wouldn't Sugizo has his?

Offline KRazyJess

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: May 29, 2009, 12:31:09 PM
Content deleted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:52:50 AM by KRazyJess »

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: May 29, 2009, 04:09:03 PM
^ thats what i thought too..

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: May 29, 2009, 08:09:18 PM
Holy fuck, I didn't think that the hide fantards are so much.

I like hide. I really like hide. But I like X more than hide, they are making me get tired of so much hide and I think that X could continue without hide. Holy shit, there is any other band in the world that keeps repeating the same shitty playback EVERY FUCKING CONCERT just because a member is dead? They need a guitarist, they NOW HAVE a guitarist, and they DON'T FUCKING LET HIM PLAY, because a lot of fantards like to see the same fucking playback again and again and spend a fucking lot of money to see the same shit again.

I was running to renew my US Visa, I though I can go to LA to see the X concert there. I won't go anymore. If I want to see the Last Live DVD, I will see the Last Live DVD at home, at least I won't spent a lot of money.

X is A BAND, and NOT hide. X has 5 members, 5 ALIVE members. Why ONE dead guitarist is more important than the other members? Why ONE DEAD guitarist is more important than THE BAND? This doesn't make any sense.

If X returned to play like THIS SHIT, with a lot of mistakes, the same setlist of Dahlia Tour, Fashion Shows and playbacks, they should end again, or dismiss Sugizo and change the name from "X JAPAN" to "hide Tribute Playback Band".

They can do LIVE CONCERTS, they SHOULD do LIVE CONCERTS. Why they need to make every fucking concert be a "hide Tribute Concert"?
I totally agree with darkcat. Corpses don't play guitar. Let Sugizo take his fucking place and play.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 08:12:26 PM by Joker »

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #174 on: May 30, 2009, 01:34:29 AM
Holy fuck, I didn't think that the hide fantards are so much.

I like hide. I really like hide. But I like X more than hide, they are making me get tired of so much hide and I think that X could continue without hide. Holy shit, there is any other band in the world that keeps repeating the same shitty playback EVERY FUCKING CONCERT just because a member is dead? They need a guitarist, they NOW HAVE a guitarist, and they DON'T FUCKING LET HIM PLAY, because a lot of fantards like to see the same fucking playback again and again and spend a fucking lot of money to see the same shit again.

I was running to renew my US Visa, I though I can go to LA to see the X concert there. I won't go anymore. If I want to see the Last Live DVD, I will see the Last Live DVD at home, at least I won't spent a lot of money.

X is A BAND, and NOT hide. X has 5 members, 5 ALIVE members. Why ONE dead guitarist is more important than the other members? Why ONE DEAD guitarist is more important than THE BAND? This doesn't make any sense.

If X returned to play like THIS SHIT, with a lot of mistakes, the same setlist of Dahlia Tour, Fashion Shows and playbacks, they should end again, or dismiss Sugizo and change the name from "X JAPAN" to "hide Tribute Playback Band".

They can do LIVE CONCERTS, they SHOULD do LIVE CONCERTS. Why they need to make every fucking concert be a "hide Tribute Concert"?
I totally agree with darkcat. Corpses don't play guitar. Let Sugizo take his fucking place and play.
1st. sugizo dosnt want to take hide's place
2nd. i belive there doing this so hide is with them during the world tour. if you dont want to go thats ok im sure theres thousands that will take there place. i for one who has never seen X live want to see hide on screen. that way it feels alittle more like he's there. and who cares what the set list is really. just the chance to see them is good enough for me. just because you have seen them more than once dosnt mean everyone else has.
3rd. maybe thats what they want. it is there band so if yoshiki wants lots of hide on screen than thats whats gonna happen. im sure if yoshiki or toshi died they would do the same. they are gonna do what they want when they want no amount of complaining from anyone is gonna change that. so you could just sit ther and complain or you can just sit back and enjoy the awesomness of X. its up to you.

me as a X fan and i guess a hidetard (whats next toshitard or yoshitard)am gonna enjoy them and scream my ass off when i see them IN NY and LA

and if you any fan of hide you would never talk about his fans like that its so childish and im surprised anyone on here feels like this. you just offended every hide fan.

oh this tour is the 1st time they are playing outside japan. so the setlist is new to everyone except people who have seen them in japan. so speak for yourself.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 01:16:12 PM by Wearex316 »

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: May 31, 2009, 05:56:54 AM
just watch the concert 5-3-09. i like I.V orchestra during X Japan member got roses from lucky french and korean people.

Ex denxdenx

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: May 31, 2009, 03:53:36 PM
"Sugizo doesn't want to take hide's place." Fuck this shit, a REAL band needs an ALIVE guitarist. Sugizo was the best choice they could ever do to be the new guitarist, but THEY NEED a guitarist, they don't want to be serious with all these playbacks and Yoshikittis shit. This is ridiculous.

It was a good tribute to hide the hologram on 2008, the hide Memorial Summit. They playbacks would be a beautiful tribute, if they were user ONCE. Each concert being a hide tribute concert is repetitive, boring, even ofensive to hide, a lot of hide on each concert to make even more money to Hiroshi Matsumoto and Yoshiki.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #177 on: May 31, 2009, 05:56:56 PM
well to bad they want hide with them during the world tour. maybe if they do another tour after this they will take out hide but for now they want him with them. if you dont like it oh well nothing is gonna change.Sugizo will get more play time but not yet. for now its gonna be the same. and im fine with that.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #178 on: May 31, 2009, 08:04:11 PM
@Joker

You are being offensive towards hide fans with that attitude. Please take some people's different values and feelings from you into more consideration.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:07:19 PM by Yu~Kun »

PARTY HARD

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: May 31, 2009, 09:43:04 PM
where's the offense? i'm a big hide fan and i don't find his words offensive, he's just telling the truth: HIDE IS DEAD, he's smelling really bad now, and isn't able to perform, therefore, somebody has to take his place, like in everysingle band in the world

hi there