• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X JAPAN WORLD TOUR Live in TOKYO

Wearex316 · 66349

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #180 on: May 31, 2009, 09:53:52 PM
where's the offense? i'm a big hide fan and i don't find his words offensive, he's just telling the truth: HIDE IS DEAD, he's smelling really bad now, and isn't able to perform, therefore, somebody has to take his place, like in everysingle band in the world

well i do find this offensive. You may not, but i do. I have no problems with Sugizo , i love him, but i still want hide's references there.

And X Japan is X Japan THE WAY THEY ARE.

Yes, together with their little ghost guitarist.

And some people LIKE this. And it seems that X Japan like this as well. So i suggest that if you don't, go and and watch all the other bands in the world , as you mentioned
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:56:22 PM by Yu~Kun »

PARTY HARD

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: May 31, 2009, 09:59:49 PM
don't be confused, i want hide's references as well, but not in the way they're doing it

are you sure some people like this? people like their favourite band doing playbacks in every single concert? i wouldn't

hi there

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #182 on: May 31, 2009, 10:13:02 PM
Well, i like it. But after all, if you wanted live guitar, now you have it. Is it so damn annoying that you listen to Sugizo's AND hide's too?

and well, just to avoid misunderstanding, when i said "offensive" i didn't mean that, you were offensive because you and Joker stated that hide is dead.He is, we all know that.

It was your attitude. Some people may actually be sensitive to such things, so things like " corpses don't play guitar" or "he smells really bad now" can actually be avoided for the sake of some people's feelings don't you think?

PARTY HARD

Offline freshtofu

• Sunday Listener
  • yoran2009x
    • View Profile
    • my blog
Reply #183 on: May 31, 2009, 10:41:29 PM
I agree.. the band repetitively stressed out that they want hide with them in this world tour.. that's why he still play most of the lead solos via playbacks + hide clips. That's how they want to incorporate hide in this world tour so we can't really do anything about it. However, I've read other people suggest better alternative that could give Sugizo more playtime and give hide the recognition he deserves. They can have hide play Scars, plus any of his song with Pata like they did in Tokyo Dome recently. Keep him to say the 'tobe tobe' part during X and have him play a solo part in AoL.. but leave the rest to Sugizo. (really if he was any other guitarist, it would be a slap on his face to be the lead but rarely plays the lead at all.. but not this guy, he's doing his friend a favor)
The problem is, a lot of fans see it as Sugizo replacing hide.
It's not about replacing hide's fame or charisma because I'm sure it was never Sugizo's intention. If you believe this to be the case, then there shouldn't be any problem with Sugizo playing the lead parts because he's playing it not just because he's a new member of X Japan but also, out of respect for hide :)

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #184 on: June 01, 2009, 06:28:14 AM
~I know, i know and I really like the fact that Sugizo is in the band, and he can have more guitar leads too. I was never one of those who thought that Sugizo is "replacing hide" and i know that he respects him. 8)

My problem was the the attack towards some fans's feelings with the attitude i mentioned. Plus, even if i totally love Sugizo playing more leads etc, i still don't want hide to completely disappear because he's dead.

PARTY HARD

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: June 01, 2009, 08:14:25 AM
really if he was any other guitarist, it would be a slap on his face to be the lead but rarely plays the lead at all.. but not this guy, he's doing his friend a favor

very much agreed

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: June 01, 2009, 10:59:16 AM
Yu~kun & freshtofu: I agree with you.
surely, everyone has his own opinion, that's why we have this forum to discuss what we think. It's really okay that some people like to see more hide or less hide on the stage. Personally, I am happy with what they are doing at the moment. I don't really care about the setlist (except for VUK, I don't really think it fits in....) I am just too happy to see X Japan again after all these years.

Joker: 1) hide wanted to go overseas  2) the concerts will still be full with or without hide's clips and playbacks

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: June 01, 2009, 12:11:32 PM
More importantly, what they intended to do in the first place when they reunited was to ""add" one more member to play parts where they thought a new member would be better than just using hide's playback and then there are parts where almost everybody would love to see hide (ie, intro of Kurenai) as he is still being counted as a member as the band can keep moving forward esp having new song like IV and Jade. 

híde's name would not have been even mentioned if Sugizo has 'replaced' him which I believe no one in the band would ever think of that.  it's not just music as to keep hide's playback is a sentimental reason more than anything.

pinku_

Reply #188 on: June 01, 2009, 04:06:02 PM
wasn't gonna comment up to here
i've had enough shit, maybe i can deal with more
this will be brief . . .
. . .
. .
Joker
shut your face up!

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: June 01, 2009, 04:25:21 PM
wasn't gonna comment up to here
i've had enough shit, maybe i can deal with more
this will be brief . . .
. . .
. .
Joker
shut your face up!
pff, i don't agre with magucathy, freshtofu or any of those users, but i'd never tell them to shut up

hi there

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #190 on: June 01, 2009, 04:30:32 PM
Well, to be honest, when someone is calling all the hide fans inside here "fantards", i think he/she is insulting them quite directly

PARTY HARD

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: June 01, 2009, 04:46:48 PM
i'm a hide fan and i don't feel insulted :D

hi there

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #192 on: June 01, 2009, 05:16:25 PM
well i am.

or maybe it doesn't matter if i am

PARTY HARD

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: June 01, 2009, 05:21:26 PM
Yu~Kun ... maybe see it like this ... some peoples' attitudes, or the way they word them, are simply not worth the energy to feel insulted. Roll your eyes and just forget about them. The important thing is how you feel, and not some others.

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #194 on: June 01, 2009, 07:42:52 PM
well i am.

it does matter and i found it very offensive and what pinku said i found funny. and i think that joker should. theres to much ignorance everywheres else it doesnt need to be here too. calling hide fans hidetards is extremly offensive so is half the other crap that was said by the others. what do you think X would feel if they read this crap or say one of hides family members. its not very likely to happen but still i think they would find it to be offensive. but most important i think hide would take offense. how can you call yourselfs hide fans when you talk like that.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: June 01, 2009, 08:02:31 PM
So.....X Japan World Tour anyone....?

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: June 01, 2009, 08:47:56 PM
well i am.

it does matter and i found it very offensive and what pinku said i found funny. and i think that joker should. theres to much ignorance everywheres else it doesnt need to be here too. calling hide fans hidetards is extremly offensive so is half the other crap that was said by the others. what do you think X would feel if they read this crap or say one of hides family members. its not very likely to happen but still i think they would find it to be offensive. but most important i think hide would take offense. how can you call yourselfs hide fans when you talk like that.

I am a hide fan. I am not a fantard.
There are a fucking lot of hide fans everywhere. I never said that all of them are fantards.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: June 01, 2009, 08:57:27 PM
more offensive is to pay 100 euros to see and listen something you have thousand times

hi there

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: June 01, 2009, 09:24:53 PM
I am not taking part in the discussion because I don't thin it's relevant to the topic....

Can't we all just get along? ::)

Offline vayz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • My kinda music
Reply #199 on: June 01, 2009, 09:57:29 PM
 :D Somehow, I've missed these kinds of discussion or should I say, arguments? It's been quite
a while that this board has become alive with differing opinions.

anyways... we are all free to say what we want and those who took offense by the meaning
of others, well... i hope you just stay in the site, not disappear, and howler to those who offended
you!!!!

no matter what... I LOVE hide ;)

and like what MC said  "So.....X Japan World Tour anyone....?"

X Japan

ONE OK ROCK

pinku_

Reply #200 on: June 01, 2009, 11:02:06 PM
I bruise easily. Incase no one's noticed. I mean i love this forum but topics tend to almost always turn into somekind of battlefield for some reason.

Why?

I tried hard not to post much, obviously cos most you hate my guts. But i, at that moment, was just at my most honest to what i feel about all the BS he was implying. And honestly i dont intend to make my whole point cos others have already said it.

I'm a hide fan besides X, having said that, X is not the same without him nor will there be any to talk or say or whatever about hide without X. Cos that's where he bloomed. Sugizo will not replace him, and they were good friends too! Sugizo will freak out of all these if he knew what BS others have in mind.

And how many times should it be said to give some peace to hide?

Additionally, i dont see why hide fans should be called fantards. Why? Cos we watch a replay of him all over again all the time? We trapped in the past with him? hide is part of our sanity as well as what X or Sugizo have been to the rest of you.

And wha--- HIDE IS DEAD . . . ?

Honestly does that guy think we hide fans haven't got that sunk into our heads! ! !

Every year hurts because of that fact. And every year we try to come in terms of what can never be. For 11 years! And all we are to some are fantards? Get a life, joker! That's pure insult. And you deserve what you just got from me.

Everyone was thinking it, i just said it!

The rest: whatever!

Last post from me.
Get back to the topic for all i care, but i kind of see this to go on just a little bit more...
Which i will try best to just ignore, like what should've been.
. . .

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: June 01, 2009, 11:14:12 PM
i don't see why this discussion is off-topic, during these concert they still used hide playbacks

1- i don't care about your life
2- it's not about sugizo replacing hide, it's about a guitarist replacing a guitarist
3- some peace to hide? they're commercially exploiting his image

hi there

Offline Wearex316

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • MYSPACE
Reply #202 on: June 02, 2009, 02:45:39 AM
i don't see why this discussion is off-topic, during these concert they still used hide playbacks

1- i don't care about your life
2- it's not about sugizo replacing hide, it's about a guitarist replacing a guitarist
that's the ignorance we are talking about. i love this site and the ones that know me know how much i do. but few on here seem to piss me off. this wouldn't be happening if joker worded it right. why insult a bunch of fans when it wasn't needed. hide is everything for some and every X fan knows that. and as for replacing Yoshiki doesn't want hide replaced and Sugizo doesn't want to replace hide it seems that the only ones that want him replace are a hand full of people so it'll never happen.

and if you think like that then why bother to listen to them at all.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #203 on: June 02, 2009, 06:32:23 AM
I totally agree with Wearex

plus, as I mentioned before, it's not that i'm paranoid and think that every thing you say is from another world.
It's the attitude that's insulting.
And even the way you continue to say all these is insluting.

Wtf, YES i would love to pay 100 euros to listen to playback!Because you know what?I've never seen an X gig!If you or other people have the chance to see their WHOLE world tour well sorry, i would be lucky if i had the chance to see half of ONE concert.

And many other people are like that too. So yes, X Japan will repeat themselves because of those fans and because it seems that those playbacks play an important role to their psychology.

Last but not least; This is the first time i've talked like this in this forum. I don't think i've created any problems before. but you know sth guys?Sometimes i'm human too, and when i feel offended i can't just roll my eyes or say "oops, off-topic" that easily.

To the rest that complained about the off-topicness, i'm sorry

PARTY HARD

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #204 on: June 02, 2009, 07:53:54 AM
more offensive is to pay 100 euros to see and listen something you have thousand times
Every concert of that tour is the same, except for a few songs or maybe Sugizo's contribution depending on if he's ill (like happened in Hong Kong). By now everyone should know that. If you have (illegally, as I'd dare to say 99% of you at least) downloaded the concerts and watched them, then that's your problem. As I and many others said earlier, this is a tour, even if the management seems to be quite bad for one, and the setlist won't change as much as you want it, as it's meant to be for different people each time. The only place I'd complain is two-day lives, which should have more variation (like happened in On the Verge of Destruction), but that seemed to be an exception rather. If you look at the setlists of their other lives (Aoi/Shiroi Yoru, March 2008 lives), they tend to be quite the same.

Also, they will use playbacks, no matter how much you want only Sugizo to play them. No amount of discussion here will change that.

And, if the insults here start going really personal, I won't hesitate to take action. I've been quite soft with the rules lately, but don't let your guard down!

This is my administrator color.

Offline freshtofu

• Sunday Listener
  • yoran2009x
    • View Profile
    • my blog
Reply #205 on: June 02, 2009, 09:16:04 AM
~I know, i know and I really like the fact that Sugizo is in the band, and he can have more guitar leads too. I was never one of those who thought that Sugizo is "replacing hide" and i know that he respects him. 8)

My problem was the the attack towards some fans's feelings with the attitude i mentioned. Plus, even if i totally love Sugizo playing more leads etc, i still don't want hide to completely disappear because he's dead.

That's good, I really want it to be fair with everyone. But I don't know how Sugizo can have more exposure whilst he's playing the lead if hide's playbacks are there. But then again, I believe the recordings are going to stay for the remainder of this tour whether we like or not.

Anyway, I also don't want hide to disappear completely from the lives if they are to make changes in the future. I understand why they show him a lot in this tour.. it was hide's dream to perform overseas as well. But if they are to continue making music after this tour then I would like for the band to reach its full potential with their existing lineup. It's not to say they shouldn't include hide in their concerts anymore.. I'd be happy if there's at least one or two hide-centric songs.

As for the ugly remarks made by other users concerning hide's death, I believe what they said are very insulting and disrespectful as well.. not just for the fans but hide himself.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: June 02, 2009, 03:33:07 PM

Again, I never called all the hide fans "fantards". I am a hide fan. I just think that now he is dead, he needs some respect. And I don't think that what X is doing is respectful to him.

I know about a tour. The setlist will not change, I guess everybody here knows. They are playing for different people, they will show the same work to everyone on each place they go.

That's the point. Nobody wants to "replace hide", but replace "the guitarist spot".
Peace to hide is the only thing that X is not giving. They are insanely exploiting his image comercially. While the hide fans are crying for him, Yoshiki and Hiroshi Matsumoto are swimming in their money.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: June 02, 2009, 03:38:50 PM
I guess 'respect' means different things to different people.
And I guess that people express it differently as well.
For all my opinion worths (and I know it's not much), I don't think that Yoshiki is exploiting hide.
Unless you tell me he gets money from Headwax and all the hide merchandise then, his actions do not look to me like the actions of someone who only cares for money.
Then again, maybe that's just how I see it.

As fpr the whole replacing thing.
Well, I am gonna repeat that I,for once, do not want him replaced and I'd be happy if half the songs were played by Sugizo and some by hide (via old recordings).
Well, it seems it's simply not possible to please everyone either way...XD

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #208 on: June 02, 2009, 04:15:15 PM
I think that even if X would stop with all the hide playbacks, holograms and everything, they'd have fully sold-out concerts. At least in Japan. Their DVD sales might drop slightly, but the question when the post-reunion shows get on DVD is another one.

Anyway, although what they do might seem like using hide commercially (I really do understand why people might think so), unless significant addition to the money income is generated by using hide as much as they do now, it really can't be viewed as such. Besides, if we look at the hologram for example, I'm quite sure it cost them a lot more than it profited them, in terms of money.

This is my administrator color.

Offline freshtofu

• Sunday Listener
  • yoran2009x
    • View Profile
    • my blog
Reply #209 on: June 02, 2009, 08:01:35 PM
To add more on two previous posts above, everything they've shown so far about hide is X/X Japan-related. It's not like they started showing more private.. never before seen footages and pictures of hide in the concerts.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:04:29 PM by freshtofu »