• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Whatever happened to...

BizKiTRoAcH · 57082

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: July 24, 2008, 01:38:57 PM
I'm not even going to bother anymore though.

FINALLY.

Why should I? I'd have a more productive conversation getting drunk and stoned off my ass and arguing with a telephone pole!

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: July 24, 2008, 01:42:36 PM
Why should I? I'd have a more productive conversation getting drunk and stoned off my ass and arguing with a telephone pole!
I hope you'll be able to stick to your word :)

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: July 24, 2008, 01:45:38 PM

there is a god *brb, getting religious*

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #183 on: July 24, 2008, 02:04:33 PM
I thought one's bad behaviour does not justify other's.
But whatever, I guess I have been mistaken here too many times before...

Pony rocks!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #184 on: July 24, 2008, 02:11:10 PM
By the way, who didn't see the Banned Persons list, MiscastDice is banned. I'm sure some of you would like to express your feelings here, but mind that if they might insult other users, please try to refrain yourself.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #185 on: July 24, 2008, 02:55:03 PM
Sorry for the doublepost, but thanks to some old backups I was able to dig out the old rules (these are REALLY old, later a few others were added):

* NO Spamming (doubleposting is NOT allowed)
* NO 1337- talk.
* Topics Subject has to contain the reason of the post (instead of "i got a problem :(  :( " please write "I cant get my avatar working :( ")
* Please dont spam smileys, one or two is enough
* The language of this forum is ENGLISH. Posts in other languages will probably be deleted.
* Please try to watch your language, no need to offend other forum users.
* Before flaming new users (aka newbies) think of yourself when you started.
* Before making a new topic use search or see if there is a similar topic already.
* Avatar''s max size is 130x130 pixels.
* Signature has no max size but when a moderator thinks it''s too big he/she will delete it!

So nothing about insulting

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #186 on: July 24, 2008, 03:46:32 PM

If this is not about insulting, then I do not know what is it about.

Pony rocks!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #187 on: July 24, 2008, 04:19:17 PM

First one is a profanity rule, that you shouldn't swear as it might offend other users (not insult).
The second one only forbids flaming new users for acting like... new users...

Of course they could be interpreted differently, but that's what they are, strictly taken.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #188 on: July 24, 2008, 04:25:10 PM
Well, to me, saying either "You are just a noob who understands nothing about X-Japan and would do better at 4chan!" or "What a pretentious fuckwit you are!" (note the strong language) are both insults.

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: July 24, 2008, 04:30:13 PM

That's exactly what they're about. But obviously they were not specific enough, as you can see in posts like this one

FUCK YOU. You're the fucking sockpuppet of someone on here too cowardly to post under their real name. Your join date and your posts make you look like that, or like you just got on here to wank.

Sorry, but you really need to fuck off. This is X-Freaks, not "The 'Natural Born Onanist' Forum."

This was made before the new rules were made. If one wants to ignore the rules they will ignore the rules, no matter what the rules say.

You are just a noob who understands nothing about X-Japan

Who said that?

RIP

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #190 on: July 24, 2008, 04:36:45 PM
Well, to me, saying either "You are just a noob who understands nothing about X-Japan and would do better at 4chan!" or "What a pretentious fuckwit you are!" (note the strong language) are both insults.
True, but if I didn't use profanity or words like 'noob', I wouldn't be (have been) breaking the rules.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #191 on: July 24, 2008, 04:37:10 PM
Noone said that. That was just a hypothetical example.

Personally, I guess I have said it before - I don't mind the rule, as I myself felt insulted here quite a few times in the past (back then not many people seemed to mind, though, I guess it kind of depended on who was the insulter and who the victim) and therefore I don't think it's completely useless. I only did not agree with the comment that there was "nothing about insulting", which I think is not so.

EDIT: I think that - coming in a certain way from certain people - it's an insult even without the "noob".

Pony rocks!

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #192 on: July 24, 2008, 04:52:00 PM
I guess it kind of depended on who was the insulter and who the victim

Exactly. And if you don't use a vulgarism explicitly, it's sometimes difficult to decide what is an insult and what is not. You can hurt a person while speaking politely and the others may not notice it.

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #193 on: July 24, 2008, 04:56:21 PM
Well I think I have said in many places- if you feel insulted, contact a mod or admin.

Also, we seem to have a 'Report post to moderator' button, which we could use...

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #194 on: July 24, 2008, 05:03:25 PM
Indeed. But I was talking about past. And we had no such buttons in past. And as I have said before, it too much depended on who insulted whom, so there were people who felt mods/admin would not really bother much to stand up for them. That's how it was - and to some extent even is, I think. 

Pony rocks!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #195 on: July 24, 2008, 07:35:32 PM
d) Those 'legitimate news stories' have been wrong before.
I take this one back, I don't remember any cases.

But the rule remains- if it's not official, it's a rumor.

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: July 24, 2008, 10:45:32 PM
And technically, I'm sending them to my friends and only asking for the money for the blank DVD and postage fees, which isn't any worse than you burning some X songs/vids to your friends and asking them to pay for the blank DVD.

MD, one of my jobs as an administrator here is to read through all the posts and be in touch with what's going on here. Your example about roommates is good, but here I know when I see someone posting a YM message.

I really dont know how to explain this. I've seen this on another forum (wrestling forum a few years ago) and the admin didnt allow wrestling themes and such to be posted because it was illegal.. but when he read the forum terms and conditions, he could not be held responsible even if he allowed the stuff to be put on.. so he allowed it..and WWE (WWF at the time) contacted him and threatened him with legal action but when he spoke to someone in law (think it was a friend/relative of his), they said its impossible for WWE to sue him or prosecute him because of the reasons I stated earlier. I'm not just guessing that it'll be okay.. you cant be prosecuted or held responsible. And even if you could, i'm pretty sure Yoshiki's people dont care if someone posts a message here saying "Yoshiki is eating muffins today in Tokyo" or anything else posted on YM.

Even if its stuff that is not available in retail stores, what you are doing, even if you were sending bootlegs and stuff to friends completely free of charge, is still extremely illegal and that CAN get you prosecuted. THAT is illegal. The YM thing is not.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #197 on: July 25, 2008, 12:40:42 AM
Wow, so much fun stuff to reply to, where shall I start?

Quote from: MillieQOF
Everyone has understood and respected that you have your feelings against the rules - now can you respect that everyone doesn't like being terrorized and insulted (like PN) or want to read about MD's fantasies?
So now I've "terrorized and insulted" PN?  Ha, good one!  So now pointing out when User A harasses and insults User B counts as harassment of User A?

Examples of me "terrorizing" PN, por favor?

Quote from: Hypno
a) Her PM to Hollywood, I wouldn't call terrorizing (unless Hollywood was really scared, which I doubt)- and she didn't edit his post about it!
Oh, stop trying to weasel out of everything, will you?  Telling someone to edit a post which did not violate any rules, along with an implied legal threat, is harassment.  It's a bullying attempt.  The fact that it was funny and didn't work doesn't make it any less of an attempt.

That was her theory. A well written one I might say. If she writes about something, she does it well, not like a certain someone, who just mentions his theories here or there without any base.
She's welcome to her theories-- which were baseless by the way; "because I say so" is not proof-- but I would hope she is not welcome to insult and harass everyone who disagrees with her.  That very thread with her "well written" theory being a case in point.  Anyone who dared say they so much as disagreed got an ad hominem smackdown.  That's appropriate behavior?  What about "before flaming new users (aka newbies) think of yourself when you started"?

Quote from: Hollywood
And yeah, I consider quoting the exact text that darkcat was banned for to be a clear provocation and a flaunting of one's "above the law" admin status.  Let's put it this way: can you imagine how all hell would have broken loose if I (or, god forbid, MiscastDice) had posted the same thing?
Umm if you have followed this topic carefully, MD has already made at least one troll-comment... Did I say something about it? (Well, I did... But I didn't do anything)
And now MD is banned, and ferret is allowed to go on making snide personal attacks at him.  I'm not saying MD's ban was not earned, breaking the rules is breaking the rules.  But the double-standard is painfully obvious.  I thought the rules apply to staff as well?

Yup, because you were getting restless with lack of action from our side. And I had heard opinions on the rules during the previous 8 days, so...
Given that everyone-- staff included-- has publicly mocked the photo disclaimer rule from the moment it was implemented, I HIGHLY doubt that many opinions were heard (or acknowledged) about that rule, for one.  It all adds up to looking like you and PN rammed the final version of the rules through with little to no interest in staff feedback.  I hope you can prove me wrong.

And hey, great!  Now there's yet a fifth conflicting story for why the new rules were created at all!
Quote from: Hollywood
1. They're there because of PN's behavior.
2. They have nothing to do with PN, they're there because Hypno always meant to make new rules anyway and the timing is just an incredible coincidence.
3. They're there because PN told Hypno he could get sued if he doesn't make new rules.
4. They're there to keep normal users from turning into trolls, nevermind that this had never happened before and the "trolling" users are only "trolling" out of anger at the new rules.
5. (NEW!) They're there because, months ago, darkcat called PN a puta, nevermind that there were already rules in place to handle that and the majority of the new rules have nothing to do with putas whatsoever.

Fantastic.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline hideisgod

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/vanillasugarcube
Reply #198 on: July 25, 2008, 12:51:59 AM
In reply to those who are angry about the insulting issue...

Wow, I'm sorry, I really am, but it's THE INTERNET.

Who cares if you're insulted?

Just get over it like everyone else.

I did. (that's another story about LJ)

God.

I LOVE YOSHIKI :D

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #199 on: July 25, 2008, 01:44:51 AM
In reply to those who are angry about the insulting issue...

Wow, I'm sorry, I really am, but it's THE INTERNET.

Who cares if you're insulted?

Just get over it like everyone else.

I did. (that's another story about LJ)

God.

I'm sorry too, it's not my business but if you write something like this, I assume you are not over it. And that's why insults shouldn't be tolerated. Even on the internet, it doesn't change the fact that people have their feelings.

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #200 on: July 25, 2008, 01:50:30 AM
I was thinking the same SarahAlex, doesn't matter if it's online or face to face, insults can and do hurt people's feelings. Insults shouldn't be tolerated, be it from a member or a mod/admin.

This is my moderator colour

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: July 25, 2008, 05:41:00 AM
After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Haha.

Please tell me how this doesn't sound EXTREMELY Big Brother-like. Any informationship the staff determines to be inaccurate is going to be removed? What a joke.

We all know who brought this shit on too.  ::) Be a man, Hypno. This is getting ridiculous.

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #202 on: July 25, 2008, 06:02:58 AM
That is just silly. I would hate to be the person who lives in the town of Dildo then. How does one know it's inaccurate information anyways?

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: July 25, 2008, 08:51:10 AM
And now MD is banned, and ferret is allowed to go on making snide personal attacks at him.  I'm not saying MD's ban was not earned, breaking the rules is breaking the rules.  But the double-standard is painfully obvious.  I thought the rules apply to staff as well?

What happened to your rock n' roll forum dream now? "Fuck the rules", right? Or did you mean "fuck the rules unless you're part of the staff, then shut the hell up and let the poeple do as they please"?

I wouldn't mind a warning to be honest, or even de-adminning, especially the second, then I wouldn't have to put up with "users" like MD anymore.

I would hate to be the person who lives in the town of Dildo then.

Err, this person still has the choice NOT to fill out the details, as does every user here.

RIP

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: July 25, 2008, 09:16:05 AM

What happened to your rock n' roll forum dream now? "Fuck the rules", right? Or did you mean "fuck the rules unless you're part of the staff, then shut the hell up and let the poeple do as they please"?

I wouldn't mind a warning to be honest, or even de-adminning, especially the second, then I wouldn't have to put up with "users" like MD anymore.

Quit using that "I thought this is what you wanted!" argument. Until this is a rock n' roll dream forum, I'd expect the moderation staff to act twice as well than the rest of the members on the board. I mean, if you don't give a shit about following the rules and "GIVE ME A WARNING I JUST DONT CARE" bit you have going, how can you ban people who have the same attitude?

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: July 25, 2008, 09:18:12 AM
I did not ban him.

RIP

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: July 25, 2008, 09:22:36 AM
I was referring to the staff as whole.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: July 25, 2008, 09:36:26 AM
But it's just me who is having the ""GIVE ME A WARNING I JUST DONT CARE" bit " going on. The whole staff is not responsible for my actions, everyone is responsible for their own. If I screw up, it doesn't mean the other admins and mods do, too. Even if I write like this, I represent MY opinion as a staff member, not the staff. I'm fed up with the staff being seen as a big machine without own thoughts, just doing what the "master" types in, I'm fed up with Lucs getting shit for being "on our side" (wtf guys, seriously) and mostly I'm fed up with these threads popping up. I don't even know anymore what they're about, the rules, no rules, PN, the staff, me, you, everyone and everything, salad with yogurt dressing.

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #208 on: July 25, 2008, 09:39:45 AM
As much as I understand Your chargin, ferret, I cannot agree with everything - especially not
Lucs getting shit for being "on our side" (wtf guys, seriously)
. I think it is his opinions what makes some users uncomfortable, not his being at somebody's side...

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: July 25, 2008, 09:46:26 AM
Oh? I remember a stupid macro being posted when he became a mod (I guess that was for all mods) and stuff said like "sucking PN's/Hypno's cock/kissing their asses". And he's been attacked and made fun of here (and not just here) for having an opinion that is not "fuck the rules", even though he voiced his opinion moderately.

RIP