• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Whatever happened to...

BizKiTRoAcH · 56898

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: July 15, 2008, 03:07:28 PM
the days when a fan forum was run by the fans, for the fans? When did fan forums start becoming like nazi dictatorships? This is not the first forum I've seen it happen to. I've seen it happen to countless forums. Its not necessarily the owners fault.. sometimes they are backed into a corner and forced to make decisions that may not be fair or may not be easy.. but I remember the days when those admins/owners said "Fuck you!" to the pressure.

It is a shame to see such a wonderful forum hit rock bottom and I know for a fact a LOT of people will disagree with me and claim that this forum is still going strong and wonderfully.. but I also know a lot of people (mostly older members) that agree with me. It is a shame that it was only a handful of people that caused the downfall.. but those people have ruined it for most.

I'm not naming any names in this post for the simple fact it would be unfair to push blame on any one person or group of people.. and if this post is locked or doesnt exist in the next 24 hours, it only reinforces the point i'm making.

Good luck to you all. I'm not leaving.. I'll still pop back occasionally to check on any X updates i've missed and stay in touch with some people.. but I just thought I'd leave some thoughts with you. Agree or disagree with me.. it doesnt really matter to be honest.

Take it easy folks :D

---------
Edit by Lucs : just to say I haven't edited anything :P I was browsing the forum and double clicked on the link (instead of simple click) and it opened a form and edited the title (didn't know about this function ! Guess it works only on IE). Sorry.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 01:46:21 PM by Lucs »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:15:54 PM
Bigger forums need a bit stricter rules, I'm afraid.

Other than that, I honestly haven't noticed anything wrong here (except a few crazy spammers who only want to get banned it seems, no names mentioned either).

So, I disagree...

This is my administrator color.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 04:30:22 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"

Yep, except that our "getting bigger" wouldn't really need stricter rules. While we have lots of new active members, many old active members have stopped being active, and we now have about as many active users as back in the good old days. The growth is just an illusion.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 04:56:43 PM
I have to disagree... We still have more active members than before. And more lurkers.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 07:38:29 PM
Why does an admin like PN has to create a new topic for already existing news?

Why did le.pilote/Belle and Sebastian get warned just for laughing at a post (when this issue could have easily been handled by the other users rather than moderation)?

Why is the length of Darkcat's ban not listed?

Why was I warned twice and am on the verge of a permaban for saying I wanted to fuck Yoshiki (seriously, I'd bet a fair amount of the bi/gay male population and female population of this board shares that sentiment, maybe even a few "straight" guys, so why was it so horribly offensive to post a thread about?)

Why does Hypno demand proof and then lock a thread so I can't post my proof in it? Oh and by the way, two interviews to prove that Yoshiki driving drunk is NOT a fucking rumor:

http://www.xradicaldreamers.net/xjapan/iv_oshare.htm

http://www.xradicaldreamers.net/xjapan/iv_style.htm

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:42:04 PM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
Why was I warned twice and am on the verge of a permaban for saying I wanted to fuck Yoshiki (seriously, I'd bet a fair amount of the bi/gay male population and female population of this board shares that sentiment, maybe even a few "straight" guys, so why was it so horribly offensive to post a thread about?)

Iee dnopt knww. Myeby bcous yu ar a trol.

RIP

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 07:42:21 PM

Why did le.pilote/Belle and Sebastian get warned just for laughing at a post (when this issue could have easily been handled by the other users rather than moderation)?

Because he broke a rule.

Because you broke a rule twice. Read the rules. If you don't agree with the rules, click on Log out. That's how it goes on EVERY forum on the Internet.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 07:45:43 PM
Quote from: "ferret"

Iee dnopt knww. Myeby bcous yu ar a trol.

I'm not a fucking troll. See my posts. Before all of this shit went down last May, I actually was a normal member and contributed to the board just like anyone else (even if my contributions as a Miyavi fan and a hide/Yoshiki shipper may not have been what everyone wanted. . .)

EDIT: And why is it against the rules to say you want to fuck Yoshiki? This isn't JRR!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 07:48:53 PM
I'm not a fucking troll.

Oh? Maybe I'll believe that when you start acting like a normal user and not like a creature from 4chan.

RIP

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 07:48:57 PM

Wait, so this is a "bigger forum" now? :lol:

You have under 400 users who have ever joined, EVER, in the history of this board.  How many people are actively posting here?  30, tops?  How many posts does this place get a day, on average?  Does it even break 100 posts on a normal day?

There is a truly comical amount of government here for the size of the forum.

And great post Bizkitroach, good to see you again. :D

Huh, I missed this one.  Where did you say you want to fuck Yoshiki and what did your post say exactly?  ...And, yeah, is "I want to fuck Yoshiki" seriously a ban-worthy offense here now?

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 07:50:49 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"

You have under 400 users who have ever joined, EVER, in the history of this board.  How many people are actively posting here?  30, tops?  How many posts does this place get a day, on average?  Does it even break 100 posts on a normal day?

And great post Bizkitroach, good to see you again. :D

Huh, I missed this one.  Where did you say you want to fuck Yoshiki and what did your post say exactly?  ...And, yeah, is "I want to fuck Yoshiki" seriously a ban-worthy offense here now?

Last night I got drunk and posted a thread about wanting to fuck Yoshiki in the Yoshiki forum. It was deleted, so I posted it again. Ferret gave me two warnings in one PM.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 07:50:57 PM

The posts did say "Iiii ownna fukccc Yoshikiii, anoynee eels"? and posting something like that again, after the first thread was deleted/moved, well, don't think that's so smart.  :lol:

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 07:53:30 PM
EDIT: And why is it against the rules to say you want to fuck Yoshiki? This isn't JRR!

That doesn't mean some of JRR's rules can't be similar to some of ours.
If you're looking for anarchy, go back to your -chan.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 07:54:29 PM
Yoshiki subforum is to talk about Yoshiki.

Nobody cares if you want to fuck him. It's not a forum about you. We have to keep a bit of "order" in the subforums.

Big or not, I think any forum needs some rules. And anyway, it always shock me when a rule needs to state that members have to respect each other... respect is one of the most important thing online and in real life.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 07:54:39 PM

Title: I wana fuclk Yoshikiii
Poll subject: do you wana fucjk yoshikiiiiiii

mmm i could ride that rocket until ti rusts

yoshiki :oops:

if uoujve had iot with miscast dice mayb estay outa thec asinoe>?

Title: yoyo iw annnnna fuck you babye
Poll subject: iwanna fuck yosihiki

whydhw as myhntpic dleted?
whowrhefck doesnt' anwa ride yosshikie?

nbo olz nooo i;m dunk

Well excuse me, that's trolling. And no, I don't believe you were drunk, why the hell should I?

RIP

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 07:55:48 PM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"

That doesn't mean some of JRR's rules can't be similar to some of ours.
If you're looking for anarchy, go back to your -chan.

Actually, I'm not on a -chan. Though I think 2chan's visual board has some good ideas and we should strive for something BETWEEN their total anarchy and what we have here now.

And what, do I have to post proof of my blood alcohol content to show that I shouldn't have been warned for saying I wanted to fuck Yoshiki?

This is getting fucking absurd.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 07:56:59 PM
Actually, I'm not on a -chan. Though I think 2chan's visual board has some good ideas and we should strive for something BETWEEN their total anarchy and what we have here now.

So do it.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 07:57:29 PM
...even if my contributions as a Miyavi fan ... may not have been what everyone wanted. . .)

A shame you didn't contribute in the Miyavi-Thread.  :wink:

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 08:08:56 PM
Why does an admin like PN has to create a new topic for already existing news?
Maybe ASK her.

Because he did it in a rather insulting way.

Why is the length of Darkcat's ban not listed?
Because it is being discussed, how long should a second ban be. It will probably be one month though.

Because the text was almost unreadable and the topic didn't have a point. Maybe don't post drunk next time.

Why does Hypno demand proof and then lock a thread so I can't post my proof in it? Oh and by the way, two interviews to prove that Yoshiki driving drunk is NOT a fucking rumor
I hoped you maybe open a new topic for discussion. The last time you offered 'proof' in an interview, the topic wasn't even mentioned there.

First of all, biggER, as in bigger than before.

If you are interested, on average (counting from 18 Apr 2006 02:32 pm, when we didn't have any users for months, and the first year or so, when we had days without any posts) 52.18 posts and 2.50 topics per day. The actual numbers are bigger, for the reasons I mentioned above. Also, the board doesn't display users with 0 posts i.e. lurkers (we have 3422 registered users, but ~60% are undeleted bots probably).

And the administration has been spread around the different subforums. AND more moderators shouldn't mean that we are stricter, it just means that we a) get more opinions before deciding things and b) can find posts that break rules more faster.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 08:13:42 PM
Sorry if there are some people around who are NOT INTERRESTED IN READING who wants to fuck Yoshiki and who not.
So IF there's anything that should be deleted, it's the content of such nonsense posts like that and if THAT's the reason to call that board a Nazi board, then I'd rather suggest to go and search for a brain - then we can talk again

Thank you

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 08:22:03 PM
And what, do I have to post proof of my blood alcohol content to show that I shouldn't have been warned for saying I wanted to fuck Yoshiki?

No, you should have lied more convincingly. See, you are more of an "agressive poster" type, and I can't believe that you'd turn into a mistyping angel all of a sudden (you didn't insult anyone - not even your arch enemy PN - while you were DRUNK?) when under the influence of alcohol; I see agressive people who drink typing shit on their computer every day and you my friend did it wrong. That's why I do not believe you...and because of that second account you made some days ago...and because of many many posts you made in the past.

RIP

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 08:35:21 PM

No, you should have lied more convincingly. See, you are more of an "agressive poster" type, and I can't believe that you'd turn into a mistyping angel all of a sudden (you didn't insult anyone - not even your arch enemy PN - while you were DRUNK?) when under the influence of alcohol; I see agressive people who drink typing shit on their computer every day and you my friend did it wrong. That's why I do not believe you...and because of that second account you made some days ago...and because of many many posts you made in the past.

Actually, I was really fucking sad, which kind of makes me all mellow and horny, and no one was provoking me, so I was "omg wanna prank-call bars and post about fucking yoshiki" rather than FIGHT TIME NAO PLZ. Now, if PN or someone else had started shit, I probably WOULD have gone for my permaban.

As for the second account, it was a JOKE. I know many people here are very unfamiliar with that idea, but I'm pretty sure people could tell it was obviously NOT Yoshiki and was there for humor.

And "many many posts I've made in the past?" That's a fallacy called poisoning the well.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 08:43:38 PM
As for the second account, it was a JOKE. I know many people here are very unfamiliar with that idea, but I'm pretty sure people could tell it was obviously NOT Yoshiki and was there for humor.

I'll tell you a secret then: It wasn't funny. It was unoriginal. Has been done before. Poor execution. Not enough "......." between the words for my taste.

What IS funny though is you trying to make yourself look like the victim now because you posted the same unintelligible  bs TWICE and I warned you for that, how dare I.

RIP

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 09:09:13 PM

.....maybe even a few "straight" guys....

I sure as hell hope not.

I'll shut up now before I'm accused of being a homophobe. :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline Belle & Sebastian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 10:30:04 PM
hmm i cant understand why miscastdice's i wanna fuck yoshiki thread was deleted. no offense, but in this forum there are many threads at least pointless as md's

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 10:35:51 PM
Quote from: "Belle & Sebastian"
hmm i cant understand why miscastdice's i wanna fuck yoshiki thread was deleted.

two threads

Title: I wana fuclk Yoshikiii
Poll subject: do you wana fucjk yoshikiiiiiii

mmm i could ride that rocket until ti rusts

yoshiki :oops:

if uoujve had iot with miscast dice mayb estay outa thec asinoe>?

Title: yoyo iw annnnna fuck you babye
Poll subject: iwanna fuck yosihiki

whydhw as myhntpic dleted?
whowrhefck doesnt' anwa ride yosshikie?

nbo olz nooo i;m dunk

RIP

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 10:39:45 PM
would it be okay, if i open the very same thread without typing mistakes?
(i dont wanna fuck yoshiki by the way, just cuious)

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 10:51:20 PM
I don't think so. As much as I tend to tolerate fangirl/boy-ism, personally, I wouldn't want to see a "who from X would you rather do" thread here. (also, we already have a, ehem, sexiest X member thread (+ poll), I don't think it's a big stretch to assume that some fans would not mind getting "close" with members they voted for).

RIP

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 11:08:01 PM
i really dont understand this,
i wouldnt be offending or harassing anyone with that kind of thread. i would even replace FUCK with 'sleep with' or 'have sexual intercourse with' or anything else if required.
and quoting you: YOU WOULDNT WANT TO SEE A THREAD LIKE THAT ONE. do you flex the rules as you want? nothing personal, i just think, staff here want to rule over the forum as they want it to be (perfect, decent and clean). and they keep on doing this until users with different opinions turn their backs on this board.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 11:09:30 PM
@Bizkitroach - Nice to see You again, Lee. I really appreciate Your opinion. :)  

@MiscastDice - Please. Like please. You know my opinion - going on like this it is only making matters worse. :x

Big or not, I think any forum needs some rules. And anyway, it always shock me when a rule needs to state that members have to respect each other... respect is one of the most important thing online and in real life.

Some rules, yes. And about respect - well, personally I don't mind the rule and not because of people's recent behavior. I noticed lack of respect from some members to others already on the very day I joined this forum. Only that unlike today, these members were sometimes even cheered on for the way they could - ladies, mods and admins forgive - harrass the shit out of others. So, all in all, I am glad they are (hopefully) prevented from doing so even now.

Pony rocks!