• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Equilibrium

ferret · 3053

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: May 09, 2007, 05:58:16 AM
Hm, kind of stuck on Christian Bale, amn't I?  :P

But it's one of my fave movies, and maybe someone here has seen it as well (it wasn't in the movies here...what a loss).

If somebody doesn't know it (I won't tell spoilers) it's kind of a mix between 1984 and Fahrenheit 911. Feelings are forbidden after WW III, so everybody has to take drugs and those, who don't take them, are arrested (and mostly all oftheir 'feeling-causing-posessions-" are burned).

The atmosphere in the movie is incredible, you really get the feeling of cold (thanks to the colours and the music).
And the cast isn't that bad either: Christian Bale, Emily Watson, Sean Bean, William Fichtner...

As an action fan I was as well blown away by the action scenes, especially impressed byGunkata (combination of martial arts and guns, invented by director Curt Wimmer).

It's really one great movie, definitely worth seeing (and buying...still need the DVD  :evil: )

RIP

Offline Mitsuko

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sparklysquee
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 07:14:03 AM
That sounds incredible! I loved both 1984 and Fahrenheit 451... both books left a truly lasting impression on me. Thanks for recommending! :P

Lady, lady are you ready to go?
Why do you have to be laying down?

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 07:16:36 AM
I think I have heard about it. Man, I wish I could see more movies than I do now, but with the amount of work and studying, I cannot even watch TV much...
However, that movies sounds really great, Ferret. I will look it up in the DVD shop.  :wink:

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 07:51:18 AM
Sure, you're welcome guys  :)

After watching the movie (or before, if you like to, but I guess it contains spoilers) you can check out this page. It has interesting infos on Gunkata and the movie in general, making of clips, animations and such, really a great fansite. No must really, but interesting when you liked the movie.

RIP

Offline Silver_Rain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lisa-sass.de
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 11:01:11 AM
I "saw" that movie guess two weeks or so on tv but unfortunately at the same time I had to work on my homework-qualifying-examination thing - deadline was close but what I witnessed looked good. I'm totally addicted to those  "future vision" movies although I prefer the end-time-all-in-chaos scenery, you know what I mean? But I think I'll watch equilibrium again...with full attention this time ;)

ww.myspace.com/lisasass

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 11:12:56 AM
Equilibrium is amazing. I remember seeing clips when it first came out but I never got around to watching it. I was in a vid store about 6 months ago and they had it on sale for something stupidly cheap (£4 I think it was) and I thought screw it. I might aswell buy it. It would cost near enough that much to rent it.. so I got home and watched it and I was blown away. The action scenes really were incredible and the story was too. I love it :D

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 11:44:52 AM
lol, Silver_Rain, that happened to me quite often as well, tho it was kind of the other way round (means I gave more attention to the movies that the homework  :P )

Yes Lee, you say something...the combination of good story/deep characters and action is (almost) perfect, I'd say. Some movies have great action but the characters stay kind of 2 dimensional, and there are movies where the action is lame, when it could've been done better.

What still kind of bugs me is that it didn't come in theathers here because the studios were afraid it'd flop/wouldn't have success as much as some other movie (don't remember now which). I'd have watched it.
That way there are few people who know the move, but hey, it was a huge success on DVD  :)

RIP

Offline Silver_Rain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lisa-sass.de
Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 12:08:36 PM
I don't know if it was in theatres here, I first heard of the movie when my brother showed me the english version some years ago...unfortunately there I only managed to watch the beginning.....damn, when I think about it, something seem to not want me enjoy that movie

ww.myspace.com/lisasass