• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki's friendship with Ivanka Trump

BLUE_BLOOD · 672

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: February 08, 2024, 02:46:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bME97FYoPHM

Did y'all know that Yoshiki is Ivanka Trump's drum teacher and longtime friend?  :o

I didn't and I'm kinda shocked about this.

I've seen photos of Yoshiki with Obama, the British royal family, Stan Lee, Bill Gates, Messi etc.

Do y'all consider Yoshiki a narcissist/clout chaser that will do/say anything for attention?

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 06:46:00 PM
Oops....  I don't know what to think.
Thanks for sharing.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 12:30:18 AM
I don't really have an opinion about Ivanka Trump. 
But when you're rich and (moderately) famous in LA, you can probably get into parties and fundraisers - maybe that's where these photos with the above mentioned celebrities have been taken.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 01:45:25 PM
I admit I was a bit surprised when I saw the video.

Well, I am sure "longtime friend" had a completely different meaning for celebrities than it does for us.
Like "We met at social events, move in the same celeb circles and maybe that person has good networking connections"
And from what I saw of Yoshiki and interacting with fans I say he is too polite to say "no" when someone asks him something

We see plenty of pics of Marc Benioff with Yoshiki, That's when I would use "longtime friend" Ivanka...have we ever seen any other pics of them?
I cannot remember any.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 06:02:52 PM
Narcissist is a fitting term. He makes Liberace look meek these days.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 01:37:40 AM
She posted a video thanking him for drum lessons and shit. Unfortunately, it seems like he truly is the way he is

X burned in the worst way. What a sad end to the story. Heath’s death, insufferable Yoshiki narcissism, and another falling out with Toshi

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 02:10:23 PM
I admit I was a bit surprised when I saw the video.

Well, I am sure "longtime friend" had a completely different meaning for celebrities than it does for us.
Like "We met at social events, move in the same celeb circles and maybe that person has good networking connections"
And from what I saw of Yoshiki and interacting with fans I say he is too polite to say "no" when someone asks him something

We see plenty of pics of Marc Benioff with Yoshiki, That's when I would use "longtime friend" Ivanka...have we ever seen any other pics of them?
I cannot remember any.

I don't use Twitter/X but someone said she usually comments on his posts  :-\

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 09:42:03 PM
I don't use Twitter/X but someone said she usually comments on his posts  :-\

I didn't notice it so far but that doesn't mean anything.
She doesn't seem to be very active on Twitter.

Offline ottkaji

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 01:13:13 AM
I myself have always thought of celebrity as prostitution without the sex. Fame just means you're selling yourself to the public and although anyone is free to choose to associate or not with whoever they choose, sometimes or with some people the money means more than the person. Now also keep in mind that Yoshiki has a habit of meeting with high profile people who he thinks could advance his status just to make an apology post on Twitter after finding about that meetings backlash. Kind of an accept first and ask questions later sort of guy.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 14, 2024, 12:50:09 PM
It really is pathetic how badly this band has gone does the drain since the reunion

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 04:36:38 PM
It really is pathetic how badly this band has gone does the drain since the reunion

Yeah, it's sad to see what my fave band has become. Yoshiki has single-handedly ruined X Japan's legacy.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #11 on: March 18, 2024, 10:19:12 PM
What should I say?  :-\ You are right.

The sad thing is, this is going on for years now. Remember, the last official release date was 2018. And I was there. I've been on this party in London, Wembley Stadium. *sigh

positively unsure。