• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki update on new album

Feudal · 2557

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: July 27, 2022, 12:59:38 PM
https://www.revolvermag.com/music/yoshiki-new-x-japan-album-kiss-fandom-real-gold-xy-energy-drink

IS THE NEW X JAPAN ALBUM ALMOST DONE?

YOSHIKI: I don't think anybody's going to believe what I say [laughs] because I kept saying that. I was at the mixing studio today. Might as well just remix something and make it better, because we are not really rushing to release the album right this moment. So I'm just fine tuning a little bit. But if I had to release it next week, it's done.

HAS THE ALBUM'S DIRECTION CHANGED OVER THE YEARS YOU'VE WORKED ON IT? OR IS IT CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL IDEAS YOU HAD?

YOSHIKI: It's pretty much the original idea. With this kind of music, sometimes there's a trend in terms of sound or mixing or sound effect.  But I don't think X Japan needs to chase trends. X Japan is its own genre. So the idea of this album hasn't been changed. I'm just doing a little fine tuning up to the release date.

So.... Basically Yoshiki has truly become a megalomaniac who lives in his own world. For years I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and attributing the delays to things beyond his control, but it's clear now he doesn't give a f*** how long we have to wait. And only he will know when it's "time". Cut the bullshit. It's really so f*****g disrespectful to your fans who aren't idiotic 'kawaii omg Yoshikiiiii' Japanese women.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 07:49:12 PM
Isn't it clear that the album is finished but it will never be published.  :-\

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 08:16:19 AM
Lol ok Yoshiki...this man really does live in a fantasy world. ^^°

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 08:48:15 AM
I reckon we will see some sort of re-release of the older albums or perhaps another compilation album, before the new one.

And that is actually saying something, considering we haven't even had that many re-releases of anything in recent years...at this point I would go for anything at all...

(It would be nice to see a box set that included Vanishing Vision, Blue Blood, Jealousy, Art of Life and Dahlia all in one.)

We know Yoshiki is working on getting all the albums available on streaming services, so it could be timed with this?

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 01:45:59 PM
Re mastered back catalog isn’t a bad idea. Their music isn’t the easiest to find nowadays

I believe it’s done tbh. He probably isn’t releasing it because the band is inactive. Maybe he is hoping they will be active again, who knows

Offline ottkaji

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 06:55:31 PM
I did find a new song but just like past singles It's not "done" yet and relies on fan releases like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUGPWWQjWn4

I sort of like it. I think it may be a return to classic X in the Silent Jealousy or Art Of Life style. In fact I've seen it subscripted as art of life 2. Apparently about 6 to 7 years ago on the X Japan tours Yoshiki and Toshi garnered audience participation in this song. That's where the choral sound comes from. Sort of like here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWBf4zyBuSs

I also read that the final version will be released in 2023 along with the new album but we've been down that road before. I would more likely expect an X cover of Never Gonna Give You Up at this point.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 11:52:27 AM
Never gonna give you up would be a good album title  ;D ;D

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
  • They’re at their wits end
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022, 12:29:40 PM
Considering the thought of the band's inactivity, I don't think there is no sensible explanation to Yoshiki to keep quite as if this is a secret.

Like, it can't be so hard to say "as a band, we have several problems to go through with, so wait for us for the next two decades to release the album ^^"
If he had said so I would've waited with real understanding, but as the years have past it's just getting more and more boring.

Not a clue but I think that he might have been scared to get disappointing feedback by the fans about the new album, so it may be the reason why he's been doing some tuning constantly ever since the album had done. All of us know what an annoying perfectionist he is. It's a fact that he's not in the center of the mainstream anymore so maybe the album wont blow up as it released, but who cares tho, there are still thousands of people who love X and even one person deserves to be informed.

But hey, all he does is just rickroll us ;)