• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Interview 25/02/22 on STATIONHEAD with Matt Pinfield

mC · 2647

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: February 26, 2022, 05:19:47 AM
On 25/2/22, Yoshiki joined Matt Pinfield on STATIONHEAD for an interview.

Though it started off with a few technical hiccups on Yoshiki's side, the interview actually went really well, with Matt spending a good portion of the airtime asking Yoshiki questions that were submitted in the chat.

Topics of conversation were wide ranging and I am afraid I can't remember all that was discussed, but here are some highlights:

• The purpose of the interview was to promote We Are X being released on Amazon Prime, 5 years after its initial debut.
  • The release of Under The Sky was also talked about, with Yoshiki again confirming it was coming, though no solid timeframe was given.
  • On the new X Japan album, Yoshiki confirmed that the delay was due to a variety of things, including COVID, but also confirmed that he is continuing to edit it. Not that it isn't complete, it is just that he admits to being a perfectionist and is still making adjustments here and there. (He mentioned working on Kiss the Sky before this interview.)
  • As to the release of X Japan's album, he advises that it is 100% coming out, he just can't say when. Though he hopes it is soon.
  • He actually invited Matt Pinfield to his studio in LA to hear the new album.
  • His solo projects were also discussed. He confirmed, though it hasn't been announced, that he will be performing a classical show somewhere in the US this year.
  • He also mentioned work on his "rock" solo album. I am assuming this is Violet UK. Even though fans have been waiting 20+ years, he still intends to release this as well.
  • As to what we can expect to see in the next 6 months or so, he mentioned that he is somewhat confused at the moment, not too sure what direction to head, though his main goal is to please his fans.
  • Something interesting to note, he mentioned priorities and that his solo album, (Violet UK, I didn't get the impression it was Yoshiki Classical 2), was a higher priority release that X Japan? That was the impression I got, anyway.

I have to say, that was the most enlightening interview I have heard with Yoshiki in a very long time. It did give me confidence that we will see new releases at some point in the near future, when is anybodies guess.

If anyone else listened, feel free to add further to the above. Unfortunately, I don't think STATIONHEAD keeps radio shows to be streamed at a later date.

Offline akina

• Rookie
  • Dry your tears with love~
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 10:46:04 AM
Thanks for sharing. That was defo somewhat reassuring but given Y’s habit of delaying things by years I’m not sure what to believe at this point.

OHAYO NYANTARO

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 12:39:45 PM
Thanks for sharing. That was defo somewhat reassuring but given Y’s habit of delaying things by years I’m not sure what to believe at this point.

Ladys X? ^^

positively unsure。

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 02:11:43 PM
Good to hear it is still intended to be put out. Would love another Last Live and album release so they go out on a high note!