• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Will X return?

axlroseX · 6796

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: October 28, 2021, 02:21:39 AM
Hey everyone! Hope all of you are doing well! Seems like there has been no activity since 2018. Pretty understandable considering, but is there any indication that X will come back since day?

I know I can be a sour puss, but I’d love to see them back together again. Those snippets of Kiss the Sky last year sounded awesome!

Offline Pocho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 07:46:12 PM
I really hope so. But future looks bleak.
Ever since he said this

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmentertainment/yoshiki-says-new-x-japan-album-is-done

I have a hard time believing he will ever release or start up activities again. He sure fucked his band mates and his fans. The momentum Was the Wembley show. The Tours. But no. Guess wine credit cards kimonos and that shit is more important.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 09:02:22 PM
Even just another blowout finale would be good! A final live show at the Tokyo Dome (sound familiar?) with an album release as their fair well would be better than nothing! I would love to get Kiss the Sky still

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 12:06:10 AM
Honestly, I doubt we will see X Japan anytime soon. Some fangirls (sorry for that) are keep telling me that it's because of covid. But obviously they miss the point that it all stopped before covid. Also Yoshiki is recycling his old songs and claims it's a new one (for example the 9/11 song). Which - in my opinion - is not a move that let me hoping for any X Japan activity.

I mean, I've been in Wembley, London what should've been the record release party. It was postponed for a whole year. And even that is 5 years ago!

I lost all hope in the band. The band is dead. For me at least at that moment. I don't like Yoshikis newer songs. And I don't like Toshis songs. I'm just a metal head with electronic bits.

And yes, I would love to have a proper studio recording of the best song after their reunion (o/c imho), Kiss The Sky. Have I ever mentioned, I didn't know the song until Wembley? I heard it for the first time on this concert. I was completely overwhelmed. Even Yoshiki did a mistake on the drums in the beginning, which was clearly hearable.

Yes, Yoshiki should end X Japan with a big bang. And as I said many times before, just let another drummer play so Yoshiki could concentrate completely on the piano (and also take care about his health).

I always think about how long we can keep the forum up and running, too. But this is another story.

Back to topic:

Will X return? I doubt it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 12:10:33 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 11:55:56 AM
Maybe we'll never know what happened to X, Yoshiki is the key,I wish the other members could talk about the situation in the band, but I think there's a contract between them, so i don't think too much about it.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 02:17:59 PM
No.... I don't think they will return. I think they have missed the best timing. What a pity.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 08:57:21 PM
Never say never. I wish them all well and hope for legacy sake they can go out on good terms. I was harsh on Yoshiki for many years as a frustrated fan, but obviously I don’t know him or any of them personally. I can only hope we have some positivity with the band at some point. I want the album for completions sake!

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
  • They’re at their wits end
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 05:50:43 PM
Despite the fact that I have strong beliefs of X might not be return and even if they returned they’ll not be way better than they were, I'd say that I am waiting for a possible 20 Nov birthday live as the last year.

Maybe he'll do a favor and deign to make us some explanations about X, himself, future projects or something significant except that Yoshiki mastercard, Yoshikitty and his fashion stuff that no one cares. :P

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 02:40:18 PM
Short answer: No I don't think so.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline kuro.yoru

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 18, 2021, 03:36:51 AM
Only if Yoshiki wants. And I don't think he cares anymore.

Offline akina

• Rookie
  • Dry your tears with love~
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 19, 2021, 12:21:21 PM
And here I just discovered X a few months ago. How disappointing :/

OHAYO NYANTARO

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #11 on: November 20, 2021, 05:05:46 PM

Hey akina!

I feel you, sis/bro/...!

But maybe we can help you to enjoy your ride through X and the crazy world of these japanese extroverted guys 😎

There is a lot to discover and I'm sure it will take you at least until 2024 when you finished everything. So, there is a lot more you can looking forward to :-)

And if you have any questions, feel free to ask. We are a very a kind community and mostly only harsh on the members itself, especially Yoshi-kun. But that said, only bcs there are so much emotions in Xs music. We love every member. Even the ones, nobody ever heard of as Hally, Jun etc... :-)

Edit:
WTF did I just wrote? Sometimes I think my brain 🧠 stops working. Corrected the grammar a bit
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 11:21:05 PM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline akina

• Rookie
  • Dry your tears with love~
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 09:05:13 PM

Hey akina!

I feel you, sis/bro/...!

But maybe we can help you to enjoy your ride through X and the crazy world of these japanese extroverted guys 😎

There is a lot to discover and I'm sure it will take you at least until 2024 when you finished everything. So, there is a lot more you can looking forward to :-)

And if you have any questions, feel free to ask. We are a very a kind community and mostly only harsh on the members itself, especially Yoshi-kun. But that said, only bcs there are so much emotions in Xs music. We love every member. Even the ones, nobody ever heard of as Hally, Jun etc... :-)

Edit:
WTF did I just wrote? Sometimes I think my brain 🧠 stops working. Corrected the grammar a bit

Hey! You refer to me as sis as am female 8).

I’ve been a “lurker” on here for quite some time now and decided to join just recently as this seems like quite a nice community of fellow X fans. Apologies for railing off topic.

Now back to the topic :D, unfortunately based off what I’ve read so far it seems unlikely that X will come back anytime soon. I’m well aware that there’s been some tension between Yoshiki and the other members due to Mr. Y’s poor management and the red swan incident etc however I’ve noticed he’s “liked” a few of Toshi’s post on instagram. Whatever happened I hope it can be resolved sometime soon ;-;.

And your grammar is fine dw, I’m fluent in English and sometimes even my sentences have grammatical errors 😹. Hope all that made sense btw^^, sometimes I struggle with wording things correctly. :>

OHAYO NYANTARO

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 30, 2021, 04:06:42 AM
I’d love the record to be released during the pandemic! Would really help get us through

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 10:14:44 PM

welcome.......  I am pleased that we still get new fans from time to time, although X is not doing anything since a long period of time.
I am sorry for your disappointment, take it from someone (me) that have lived through their disband and reunion and now this dying stage - There are so many good J-rock bands/singers out there,
you will be quite busy trying to discover them. 

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 26, 2022, 09:18:38 PM
2 years in this pandemic, working from home every single day since... a bit of a gloomy time really. I randomly dug up some X-japan this afternoon as I always have music playing when not in a meeting (which ... isn't often!). I think it's the first time I've listened to X (on random youtube wormhole mode) and even though I'd pretty much 'forgotten' about them (post NYC show which is seriously one of my biggest item checked off my bucket list, see X live, done!). Well damn the bastards, I got shivers hearing Kurenai from the Last Live (I could tell just by the recording)... Without you from 2009.. The Last song. Oooof.  2-3 years without listening to any X-japan related stuff and still got me right in the feels.

Will they ever come back ? I highly doubt this and I now remember why that thought pissed me off. No matter how many spectacular artists I've discovered in between the teenage me being X-crazed to the slightly (!) jaded 40 years old, they remain unique and special to me. Ugh... I hope all of you guys are doing well!

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #16 on: January 26, 2022, 11:06:11 PM
Aww damn. Seems like you were hit hard. I agree they have something unique and I recognize this every time I come back to their music (even though I haven't been a fan for nearly that long).

As previously stated I also don't think they will come back and it's really a shame. I don't know any artist or band that gives me the same feelings.

But besides X we (nb and myself) are doing well! I hope you and all the other X Freaks are handling this pandemic well too!

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline mischasera

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 22, 2022, 03:30:28 PM
Well.......... they're not getting any younger.

Yoshiki, Toshi, and Pata are all 56.

If the album is really done, I'm not sure there's a reason to not release it, even for a quick cash grab, while they're still physically able to do some sort of more limited show to promote it, or something.