• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Better quality of this pic of hide?

seys · 7714

Offline seys

• View Profile
on: November 22, 2020, 02:33:25 PM
Hey!
Might anyone have this picture of hide but in better quality? I've tried to search for it but this is the best I could find.

https://imgur.com/BM13Nwy

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 03:18:57 PM
I tried a reverse image search but they're all grainy.  :( Maybe somebody should re-scan the picture from the original source

Offline seys

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 05:02:19 PM
I tried a reverse image search but they're all grainy.  :( Maybe somebody should re-scan the picture from the original source

Yeah I tried that as well... Might you know where the picture is from? I think I'll try to buy one if it's a book/magazine since I love this photoshoot in general heh

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 07:37:04 AM
Where is this picture from?

Maybe I have it in a book or so

positively unsure。

Offline seys

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 09:50:21 AM
Where is this picture from?

Maybe I have it in a book or so

Would be glad if you could check!

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 11:57:40 PM
I have a lot of old japanese magazines with X in it. Can you maybe tell me a year or something?  :)

positively unsure。

Offline seys

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 12:22:18 AM
I have a lot of old japanese magazines with X in it. Can you maybe tell me a year or something?  :)

I'm 95% sure it's from 1993! Might be worth looking 92 and 94 as well though.

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 12:57:12 PM
That photo is from the book "X JAPAN SPECIAL ISSUE ART OF LIFE";) I believe that book was produced by Fool's Mate between 1993-1995.

I've found one on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-JAPAN-SPECIAL-ISSUE-ART-OF-LIFE-Interview-Photo-Book-YOSHIKI-HIDE-FC-Limited-/283800310219

An edited version of that specific photo was released in the "1994 TOKYO DOME 2 DAYS" pamphlet. It's exactly the same photo except it has a nude woman body (painted black) printed on hide's guitar.

Offline seys

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 02:30:47 PM
That photo is from the book "X JAPAN SPECIAL ISSUE ART OF LIFE";) I believe that book was produced by Fool's Mate between 1993-1995.

I've found one on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-JAPAN-SPECIAL-ISSUE-ART-OF-LIFE-Interview-Photo-Book-YOSHIKI-HIDE-FC-Limited-/283800310219

An edited version of that specific photo was released in the "1994 TOKYO DOME 2 DAYS" pamphlet. It's exactly the same photo except it has a nude woman body (painted black) printed on hide's guitar.

AAAAA THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
I don't think I'll buy that ebay listing though, a bit too pricey for me  ;D I'll search around mercari to see if I can find one!

EDIT: Yup, there are two listings for ~1000yen ;D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 02:32:29 PM by seys »

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 29, 2020, 06:54:00 PM

I don't think I'll buy that ebay listing though, a bit too pricey for me  ;D I'll search around mercari to see if I can find one!

You're welcome  ;)

How does Mercari work?
I've wanted to purchase items from there for years but I have no idea how it works.  :-\ Do you pay with Paypal? Do you have to live in Japan to purchase Mercari items?

Offline seys

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 29, 2020, 07:12:13 PM

You're welcome  ;)

How does Mercari work?
I've wanted to purchase items from there for years but I have no idea how it works.  :-\ Do you pay with Paypal? Do you have to live in Japan to purchase Mercari items?

I use buyee.jp! It's basically a third-party website that hosts mercari, yahoo auctions, rakuten etc. and makes it very easy to ship from Japan to wherever you live. It's hard to explain briefly so here's a "guide" on how to use it.
https://buyee.jp/help/yahoo/guide
It looks kinda complicated but trust me, it isn't ;D
And yes, PayPal and credit/debit card works.