• View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
on: September 27, 2020, 10:23:35 AM

positively unsure。

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 07:32:24 AM
I don't think it will much different from We Are X. Besides, among his lost projects there was a YouTube exclusive (obviously self-centered, not about the band) that probably was converted into this as soon as he got the deal with Disney...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 11:00:40 PM
Yeah possible. We should ask him, what do you think?

positively unsure。

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 10:13:51 PM
WTF is this ? I'm surprised it didn't generate more reactions here lol ;) My jaw dropped when I saw that.. wow. Encompasses pretty damn well why I haven't bothered with them in so long..ouch. Randomly playing videos from his Youtube Channel - Got the Carnegy Hall Endless rain performance playing and the "description" under it talks about the  YOSHIKI CREDIT CARD now available!!! on the first line.. yeah.. hmm hm.. that's it.

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
  • They’re at their wits end
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 02:48:16 PM

Offline Esker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 07:48:38 PM
Have watched it now but the lack of subtitles really makes it hard to comment. I recognized a few words here and there so most of the time I had an idea what Yoshiki was talking about, but I don't know enough japanese to know what was being said.

I liked the parts where he was rehearsing with the string quartet and the parts from the studio. Basically all the parts where he was working. For me it's always fun to see how things are put together and what the "making of" looks like. The arrangement for Let It Go is really nice too.   

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 08:32:28 PM
I think you didn't miss much for not understanding the Japanese nor the Chinese substitute.
What Yoshiki talked about was more or less the same - about his childhood, how sick he was, how he got the piano from his parents, how his father's suicide affected him, how the classical music influenced him, how he formed the band, how he got the band members, how he bought the studio in L.A.,  how hide's death affected him.....etc.  Actually more or less the same thing you can watch from that X movie.

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 08:43:33 PM
Have watched it now but the lack of subtitles really makes it hard to comment. I recognized a few words here and there so most of the time I had an idea what Yoshiki was talking about, but I don't know enough japanese to know what was being said.

I liked the parts where he was rehearsing with the string quartet and the parts from the studio. Basically all the parts where he was working. For me it's always fun to see how things are put together and what the "making of" looks like. The arrangement for Let It Go is really nice too.

I searched almost every site to find the English subtitles before I share this link. I found some Chinese sub but unfortunately don’t find the English version.

But as a Japanese learner, even though I have a poor Japanese, I can really say I’m totally agree with magucathy.^^

Offline Esker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 08:54:51 PM
I searched almost every site to find the English subtitles before I share this link. I found some Chinese sub but unfortunately don’t find the English version.

But as a Japanese learner, even though I have a poor Japanese, I can really say I’m totally agree with magucathy.^^

I'm not blaming you for the fact that there aren't any english subtitles :) It's already super nice that you found the video and shared the link. And from what you are saying it sounds like there wasn't that much new to be heard. Understanding it would be much nicer though. If not for anything else then at least for the fact that you'd be able to comment on it fairly. Well maybe it will turn up subtitled at some point  :)

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 08:27:01 AM
Oh, I understand. Who knows, maybe we can access the subtitles or we learn Japanese like a native and understand every single word. :D
But either this or that way, it would be nicer when you  able the understand that you listen , as you said. :)

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 04:46:59 PM
I think you didn't miss much for not understanding the Japanese nor the Chinese substitute.
What Yoshiki talked about was more or less the same - about his childhood, how sick he was, how he got the piano from his parents, how his father's suicide affected him, how the classical music influenced him, how he formed the band, how he got the band members, how he bought the studio in L.A.,  how hide's death affected him.....etc.  Actually more or less the same thing you can watch from that X movie.

the poor guy has always to follow this schedule when he's interviewed...   :-\

come to think about it, there haven't been insightful Q&A with him since the 90s (the interviews that you could have read on the magazine Fool's Mate, for instance).

Offline Esker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 20, 2021, 09:39:12 AM

the poor guy has always to follow this schedule when he's interviewed...   :-\

When it comes to My Music Story the concept of the documentary probably played a huge role in what the content was going to be. I tried to find out what the documentary is supposed to aim at exactly, but I can't find it on Disney's webpage. But then again this is a Disney +Japan thing originally.

Roughly it is his music story so it was probably impossible to avoid the fact that the audience would get hear many things that they'd already heard. He's been telling his story since We Are X. On the other hand for some this might be the first time hearing it all.

If we are talking about interviews or appearances in general I have to agree there seems to be a bit of a pattern. But is it him or is it the ones asking the questions?

When he was in Finland promoting We Are X Yoshiki gave some interviews and almost everyone of them were exact copies of eachother. Of course the movie was in focus so everyone asked about it and that's understandable, but I remember being a bit frustrated while watching and reading them 'coz it felt like it was the same thing over and over again... Should probably watch and read again to see if they actually were as much alike as I remember 🙂
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:51:05 AM by Esker »