• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

About the name „Pink Spider”

hiko · 6222

Offline hiko

• Rookie
  • Adrian; X-Freak since middle school
    • View Profile
on: December 23, 2020, 08:50:28 PM
Okay so, yesterday when I was trying to fall asleep I had this thought.  So..I know that the story is that the nickname „Pink Spider”  was given to hide by Yoshiki, and that's cool, but.... Is there any actual proof that he did give the nickname to him?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 09:03:54 PM by hiko »

kill me marie, can't you set me free?

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
  • They’re at their wits end
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 03:11:33 AM
Okay so, yesterday when I was trying to fall asleep I had this thought.  So..I know that the story is that the nickname %u201EPink Spider%u201D  was given to hide by Yoshiki, and that's cool, but.... Is there any actual proof that he did give the nickname to him?

He has a song called Pink Spider
https://youtu.be/ZQ51WJybK2k
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 03:41:16 AM by Liliah »

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 05:13:18 AM
interesting fact about that song: while in the refrain "pink spider" is written in an unambiguous way (
ピンク スパイダー),  the last line in the lyrics (桃色のくもが 空を流れる…) contains the word "kumo" that could be ambiguously refer either to a cloud or a spider. So the meaning of the phrase would be "a pink spider/cloud flows through the sky"...

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
  • They’re at their wits end
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 10:50:36 PM
interesting fact about that song: while in the refrain "pink spider" is written in an unambiguous way (
ピンク スパイダー),  the last line in the lyrics (桃色のくもが 空を流れる…) contains the word "kumo" that could be ambiguously refer either to a cloud or a spider. So the meaning of the phrase would be "a pink spider/cloud flows through the sky"...
Yes
雲(cloud) and 蜘蛛(spider) have the same pronanciation.
But he in his song, wrote “kumo” with hiragana alphabet.(くも)
As you see, he did a pun.

Offline hiko

• Rookie
  • Adrian; X-Freak since middle school
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 05:00:10 AM

I've always liked that aha, but I became curious where the nickname comes from as I've always heard that Yoshiki had given the name to him... But from what source did this information come from, if anyone can know?

kill me marie, can't you set me free?

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 07:57:04 AM

I've always liked that aha, but I became curious where the nickname comes from as I've always heard that Yoshiki had given the name to him... But from what source did this information come from, if anyone can know?

it's just a translation of the original lyrics to the song http://www.lyrics-24.com/lyrics,hide-pink-spider-kanji.html