• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

News about X members activity

Ekapri · 33780

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: November 20, 2020, 04:44:16 PM
What reasons do people have to believe Yoshiki and Toshi are still feuding? Didn't he and Toshi sue the new source that released that info and shouldn't we believe the rift was fabricated or exaggerated because of that? Yoshiki did state that one of the reasons recording takes so long is because he has to be respectful of other members' schedules and family life.

Anyway, I already posted most of this on discord but I made a list of interesting tidbits from Yoshiki's members-only portion of his birthday broadcast for those of us who don't have membership.

• Yoshiki said La Venus is a lot easier to play in G tuning for everyone (pianist, strings player) but things have to be centered around the vocalist. So when it gets shifted to the proper key it becomes much harder to play on piano and violin (this part might have been during public broadcast)
  • The Rolling Stones, Rihanna, Neko Case and Janet Jackson have all recorded at Yoshiki's studio.
  • He has an electric grand piano that acts like a synth. Yes it is as big and in the shape of a traditional grand piano. He says he has this because regular electronic keyboards hurt his hands more/more quickly than pianos do.
  • Along with recording booths in Yoshiki's studio, there is also 2 visual editing booths/rooms.
  • We all know he scores 90% of the music before it's made, but he actually makes scores (strings, drums, guitars, bass) daily like they're a daily diary. He also does this with lyrics. He'll then have a pile of lyrics and things that he'll see if he can use in anything. He pulled out a few folders full of these things to show us. One of the scores was solely dedicated to just the symbols on the drums. Another score was dedicated strictly to the velocity of a piano piece (how hard or soft you touch each note, which is not typical at all).
  • One of the folders he showed us was lyrics for Kiss The Sky and had about 50 pages worth of lyrics. Most pages had notes scribbled on them detailing different things.

Kiss the Sky Specific:
  • Yoshiki said the song is made up of about 1000 tracks. He's right. I counted 37... of the ones I could see. Says it's definitely another Art of Life and that Art of Life also took several years to record.
  • The bass line is AWESOME. It's intricate and musical and definitely an instrument within the song instead of just filler. Heath must be very happy to play it.
  • There is a twin guitar solo that is also AWESOME. Part of it reminds me of Blind Guardian.
  • Yoshiki plays some of the guitar on the song and if the part that played was his, it's very cool. It's like noise and punk, but clean so it sounds modern so it's nice to see his progression as a musician and doing something different with rock.
  • They are indeed incorporating the "woah woah woah" parts that were recorded around the world. Yoshiki said he spent "like 500 hours" listening to them all and then arranging them together. It sounded really powerful and took me back to the 90s stadium audiences because you can hear the difference between male and female voices coming together to harmonize.
  • Toshi has a difficult vocal part where he belts "we will kiss the sky" in a high register in what I'm pretty sure is detached voice so... woah. But what can we expect from X's vocalist? I really think he might be the best male singer in the world.
  • There's a heavy drop/interlude part with guitar, bass and piano that makes me want to do dangerous things :D
  • I think everyone's going to be verrrry happy with this song.

• Numerous guests wished Yoshiki happy birthday from around the world. Baby Metal, Gackt, Inoran and Sugizo from Luna Sea, HYDE, etc.
  • Yoshiki said Inoran is the best drinker of Luna Sea
  • Sugizo said they're both in their 50s now and that he never imagined this is what 50s would be like. He appreciates their relationship and wants to see Yoshiki in Japan soon. Yoshiki said X reviving would not have been possible without Sugizo and that back during SKIN times they had talked for hours one day about their future and dreams.
  • Gackt said he hopes Yoshiki continues to see him as a dear younger brother forever and that he was very thankful that when he was going through a hard time once, Yoshiki told him to call him at any time because Yoshiki would be there for him. Yoshiki said that even though Gackt is like a younger brother, that because Yoshiki isn't always logical but Gackt knows a lot about many things, that Gackt ends up being like the bigger brother a lot of the time.
  • Something funny happened that sent the group chat into a frenzy when we all suddenly learned Yoshikitty can speak. There was a part during the stream when Yoshikitty played Happy Birthday on piano for Yoshiki, got up and then verbally wished Yoshiki Happy Birthday and gave him well wishes. Yoshiki later said that it nearly gave him a heart attack and made him forget his birthday because he never knew Yoshikitty could speak.  ;D
  • His birthday cake was in the shape of the piano and even the bench and floor were cake. He was given those red oreos as well, but they were red bean flavored instead of red velvet which makes sense for Japan. He also had cookies made to look like his Yoshiki credit card and he liked these much better than the red oreos. He took several bites of multiple credit card cookies even though they were all the same flavor.
  • I'm sure you all noticed this but Yoshiki set up gift donations. He said, "This is the first time I'm doing the super chat as a gift. I've been saying, I don't need anything but please donate to any charity you support. Everything that comes to me goes to that charity through Yoshiki Foundation America... so that's what we are doing. This is the first time so I hope everything goes well."

He also made 2 Yoshikimono masks that will be released soon (one is red and black with black silk ties and the other is purple and red with red silk ties). His photobook was released today in the same spot he and Bill Gates did an X Box release in Shibuya years ago and weighs more than 5lbs  :o. There will be a new Japanese and English Yoshiki.net website coming. In about a month Under the Sky will premier and everyone on the chat was really excited for it. I'm looking forward to it too and actually think it will be quite a spectacular extravaganza. There was no word on whether it's going to be a series or an all-in-one event but the release date near Christmas makes me think it will be the latter. I could be wrong though.

Edit: It was just reported via Consequence of Sound on Yoshiki's Twitter that Under The Sky will be a live streaming event starting at 8pm JST/6am EST on Dec 23rd. Yoshiki said they are still working on the final cut but are very excited they can finally announce this project. So yes I'm pretty sure it'll be a single film.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 05:16:00 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: November 21, 2020, 02:32:47 PM
I've written it on discord as well as other members, what happened to toshl and yoshiki is discussed quite often. If for example it is part of the Toshl contract, should it be like that,for example there's almost non existent X pictures in Toshl instagram,it's just like X is never existed in his lif
 And on the anniversary of hide's death, he didn't say anything, and this was the topic of discussion on the discord forum, but when he appeared on day's program, he wore a pink suit,I think that's his way of remembering hide. Some time ago I even came across a yoshiki fan's comment on youtube about this

So the question is what happened with Toshl

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: November 21, 2020, 03:43:46 PM
https://youtu.be/P5mmF_sC2Iw

This is part of kiss the sky,Yoshiki show this during his birthday live stream

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: November 23, 2020, 10:48:01 AM

Kiss the Sky Specific:
  • Yoshiki said the song is made up of about 1000 tracks. He's right. I counted 37... of the ones I could see. Says it's definitely another Art of Life and that Art of Life also took several years to record.

Art of Life was written in 2 weeks (freaking surprising) and recorded in 2 years, according to Yoshiki. The first live occurrences of Kiss the Sky can be traced back to 2015, if I recall correctly...

...well, as long as I'm alive I'll wait.

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: November 25, 2020, 01:06:55 PM
https://youtu.be/zaNQKN4kjz4

Here’s a cut of the Kiss the Sky parts from the birthday live stream without Y’s waffling.

Bass part is sick!

MODERATOR'd!

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: November 28, 2020, 05:04:50 PM
Kiss The Sky sounds amazing! It is exactly what a reunited X in the modern age should sound like based on those clips!

Toshi's voice sounds killer, the bass line rocks, there is actual heavy guitars, progressive and pop pieces, and the piano and guitar solos sound superb. I almost cannot believe what I heard.

I am eating words from what I said in the past, we NEED this song!

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: November 30, 2020, 06:33:15 AM
https://twitter.com/PATA_Official_/status/1333058538109693953?s=19

I don't know why, whenever I see Pata and his band Ra: IN perform or make songs I am very happy

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #67 on: November 30, 2020, 09:29:53 PM
indeed! Thanks for Posting  :)

positively unsure。

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: December 22, 2020, 11:09:37 AM

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: December 22, 2020, 11:11:43 AM
https://youtu.be/q-mTYRAK-Vw

Happy news from Sugizo,his new album release and also his new mv Nova Terra

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
  • They’re at their wits end
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: December 22, 2020, 01:36:18 PM
He's postponed again,don't ask me why😁
https://twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/1341327768198422529?s=19

Yoshiki is me the day after I made a serious decision about my life.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #71 on: December 22, 2020, 07:17:56 PM
He's postponed again,don't ask me why😁
https://twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/1341327768198422529?s=19

Yoshiki is me the day after I made a serious decision about my life.
Haha. Yes indeed that's him. He is always postponing stuff...  :-\

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: December 22, 2020, 11:30:14 PM

positively unsure。

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: December 31, 2020, 08:32:08 AM

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #74 on: December 31, 2020, 03:45:22 PM
Have you watched it?
https://youtu.be/b5ma8E66HTI

I miss Toshi! Why could he bring so many people to sing Endless Rain with him, but not Toshi!  :'(

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: January 01, 2021, 06:25:48 AM

I miss Toshi! Why could he bring so many people to sing Endless Rain with him, but not Toshi!  :'(

according to Toshi's Instagram, he wasn't busy planning a New Years' Eve concert or something, so he could have took part to Yoshiki's event...  ???

meh...

nobody can convince me that their friendship hasn't been tainted.

regardless, I wish a happy or at least less stressful year to all the brave people who are still putting up with the everlasting countdown to X's new album  ;D

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: January 01, 2021, 11:44:17 PM
Sadly it's more than obvious that Toshi and Yoshiki have some issues going on. Let's hope it's only business related.

positively unsure。

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: January 06, 2021, 11:28:52 AM
It would be sad to know if the problem was deeper

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: January 06, 2021, 11:32:35 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJsjE4xgmV1/?igshid=1wctr5rksc159

Yoshiki likes to tease us with footage from Under the Sky, I hope it's really good

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: January 11, 2021, 09:52:24 AM
I was wondering what is Heath up to. I found this https://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/19300499/

apparently he's in love  8)

Offline Ekapri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: January 13, 2021, 07:47:45 AM
I was wondering what is Heath up to. I found this https://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/19300499/

apparently he's in love  8)
Heath deserve to be happy

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: February 01, 2021, 06:31:42 PM
Well, things are about to get interesting for this Under The Sky project. Marilyn Manson may very soon be in very hot water, perhaps even prison. Check out what's just surfaced:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Marilyn%20Manson%22&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

I love a little conspiracy, so I wonder if the sudden delay of the launch of this project is because the management team knew this was bubbling up? Who knows. Yoshiki is also the master of delaying/postponing so perhaps it was solely on him. Will be very interesting to see if they choose to not release this or cut Manson's parts out of it depending on the evolution of this case.

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: February 01, 2021, 07:00:20 PM
Well, things are about to get interesting for this Under The Sky project. Marilyn Manson may very soon be in very hot water, perhaps even prison. Check out what's just surfaced:

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Marilyn%20Manson%22&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

I love a little conspiracy, so I wonder if the sudden delay of the launch of this project is because the management team knew this was bubbling up? Who knows. Yoshiki is also the master of delaying/postponing so perhaps it was solely on him. Will be very interesting to see if they choose to not release this or cut Manson's parts out of it depending on the evolution of this case.

Oh this is quite interesting, indeed. Personally I’m not a fan of Marylin Manson, don’t even know exactly who he is so this news didn’t make me feel shocked and dissappointed for him but... It’s so disgusting, awful and disgraceful. Never inexcusable. I censure him.
This can be the most possible reason that Yoshiki’s suddenly decision about the delay.
I wonder if we can see Marilyn Manson in Under The Sky or not, too.

Offline wowow

• View Profile
Reply #83 on: February 01, 2021, 07:56:47 PM
I was reading about it just a few minutes ago. I'm so disgusted by him.
Actually Yoshiki is still mentioning him in a pretty recent tweet (27th January) about Under the Sky. But I hope that he will not be there.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: February 02, 2021, 10:14:29 AM
I deeply hope Yoshiki isn't involved in this shit. He also has a passion for young girls (o/c over 18, don't get me wrong here). And maybe these girls haven't a completely developed mind. They are easy targets for stars to exploit them.

Please Yoshiki, stay away from that shit. Kick Manson and go on. This is clearly not a person you should be friends with.

btw. What should I do with the forum if any scandal is proofed to be true about an X member?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:18:45 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: February 02, 2021, 02:05:36 PM
I deeply hope Yoshiki isn't involved in this shit. He also has a passion for young girls (o/c over 18, don't get me wrong here). And maybe these girls haven't a completely developed mind. They are easy targets for stars to exploit them.

Please Yoshiki, stay away from that shit. Kick Manson and go on. This is clearly not a person you should be friends with.

btw. What should I do with the forum if any scandal is proofed to be true about an X member?

As bad as this may sound, I don't think we'd hear about any scandal with X members if it occurred in Japan. The MeToo ideology (which is a good thing) is mostly happening in the US, while in Japan, I think women would be too afraid or shunned to speak out. The culture is still far behind in that sense, and women simply don't have those abilities and voice in the same way they do in the West. I think Yoshiki should distance himself but they've been friends for a while, and he seems to be one of his best friends in the industry in the US. It's sad; Yoshiki can't catch a break in terms of friendships and relationships.

Hoping that nothing comes out about him. If it does, I respect whatever decision you make about the forum. I'll be sad to see it go, as I've been a member for over 10 years, and while I only come on here once in a blue moon to talk shit about Yoshiki, it's still one of the only places I can go to chat with X fans.

Fingers crossed.

Offline dbtjenn

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: February 02, 2021, 05:17:57 PM
I am 100% disgusted by rape, kidnapping, or sexual abuse, but I've gotta say this whole thing seems like kink shaming to me. She was 19, not 15 or 16. She knew who MM was - look at him, listen to his music, read his words - you KNOW he isn't vanilla. She stayed with him, got engaged to him at 23 or 24, and now she says he "groomed" her? Yes, it's pretty gross for a man in his late 30s to date someone so much younger, but at what age do you take responsibility for yourself? Don't get me wrong - if he actually abused anyone without their consent, he should pay and pay dearly - but it seems to me like nobody was held against their will. They kept working for him or sleeping with him. Maybe I haven't heard the whole story and I definitely don't believe in blaming the victims, but I think it's also wrong to blame someone for their consentual kinks. Just my 2 cents...
Also, poor Yoshiki! He has some bad luck for sure.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #87 on: February 02, 2021, 10:10:39 PM
I am 100% disgusted by rape, kidnapping, or sexual abuse, but I've gotta say this whole thing seems like kink shaming to me. She was 19, not 15 or 16. She knew who MM was - look at him, listen to his music, read his words - you KNOW he isn't vanilla. She stayed with him, got engaged to him at 23 or 24, and now she says he "groomed" her? Yes, it's pretty gross for a man in his late 30s to date someone so much younger, but at what age do you take responsibility for yourself? Don't get me wrong - if he actually abused anyone without their consent, he should pay and pay dearly - but it seems to me like nobody was held against their will. They kept working for him or sleeping with him. Maybe I haven't heard the whole story and I definitely don't believe in blaming the victims, but I think it's also wrong to blame someone for their consentual kinks. Just my 2 cents...
Also, poor Yoshiki! He has some bad luck for sure.
I don't wanna get explicit here, but please do some research. From what I've gathered just in a few minutes today it was much more going on. Some very disturbing shit. There is no excuse for shit like that. None.

Offline Liliah

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: February 02, 2021, 10:21:41 PM
One way or another, Yoshiki is the victim of the story. In this case, his decision about that “person” is very important. And I hope he makes the right decision.

Offline dbtjenn

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: February 03, 2021, 01:37:24 AM
I don't wanna get explicit here, but please do some research. From what I've gathered just in a few minutes today it was much more going on. Some very disturbing shit. There is no excuse for shit like that. None.

I did, and you're right - if he did even a tenth of these things he's being accused of, he's in need of some quick retribution. I don't think physical abuse can be excused by calling it kink, even though I know people who actually want that kind of relationship. He should have gotten their consent in writing, like any other normal person embarking on that kind of relationship. I'm sure he has good qualities too, and maybe those are the ones he showed Yoshiki, but hopefully Yoshiki will stay far, far away from this.