• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan VS Scorpion

asymaverick · 8667

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: February 22, 2007, 12:03:20 PM
both of this band are legend! who you guys think is a better band? in terms of ballads rock i think they are match to each other...but i love Toshi more than i love Klaus Maine(scorpion vocalist)...

true friendship is like pee in your pants...everyone can see it but only you can feel it true warmth!

Offline Cr@zyBitch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/melina_oriana
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 12:05:27 PM
i thought it was Scorpions....lol...anyway...Scorpions are good but many of their songs are identical to each other...i prefer X Japan and Toshi's voice^^[/u]

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 01:35:20 PM
x japan is better

prefer X Japan and Toshi's voice^^

repeat, please XD

hi there

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 01:59:01 PM
Sorry, but I think that it's not very fruity to ask this at X Japan board. =D

For me, I've never really listened to Scorpions, only to few songs, and I think that X is better. Perhaps because I have listened to X much more than to Scorpions. :P

Offline Dangle

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dangle
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 04:29:18 PM
X Japan, Scorpions don't come close

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Dangle_Himself/hideguitarsmaller.jpg[/img]
Why do I have to be so good, when I'm lying next to you

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 04:49:33 PM
The answer is obvious, and the question didn't need to arise at all.

Forever love, forever dream.

Aim for the future, or the past will eat you up alive and think you are very yummy.

Offline Dangle

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/dangle
Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 05:01:11 PM
Quote from: "Lights"

Exactly

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Dangle_Himself/hideguitarsmaller.jpg[/img]
Why do I have to be so good, when I'm lying next to you

Offline Cr@zyBitch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/melina_oriana
Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 08:54:34 PM
Quote from: "darkcat21"
x japan is better

prefer X Japan and Toshi's voice^^

repeat, please XD

lol,yes Eric,i prefer TOSHI'S voice ^^ XD

Offline Hiyoshita

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 05:49:56 AM
X Japan forever....Scorpions are good,but no...

Offline utari_morie

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 07:13:11 AM
Quote from: "Cr@zyBitch"
i thought it was Scorpions....lol...anyway...Scorpions are good but many of their songs are identical to each other...i prefer X Japan and Toshi's voice^^[/u]

so do i, i had same answer like Cr@zyBitch, eventhough i like 'wind of change' by scorpions

grace' and 'beautiful harmoni' are 'made in heaven'

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 09:02:31 AM

why not?? i wonder...but if you ask peoples out there...i guess most of them will go on scorpion!...and i bet most of them didn't even know about the existance of X...sorry... :?

true friendship is like pee in your pants...everyone can see it but only you can feel it true warmth!

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 09:20:53 AM
Quote from: "Unfinished"
That may be,because X is a japanese band.Some people are ignorant in the world and aren't open to Japanese bands

i dont think so, you are saying that peoples didn't accept the japanese band or songs...you humiliates most people in this earth!
that is so not good...

Offline utari_morie

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 09:27:18 AM
i have this teacher he is a big fans of Bon Jovi, and when i give him X japan CD he said it's an awesome band, so i guest people have to listen to x song first, before rhey finally love to all x songs.. like me  :D

grace' and 'beautiful harmoni' are 'made in heaven'

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 09:27:45 AM
yeah maybe a bit humans resist towards the asian but most of them is not...Yoshiki drumming style is good, I love!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 12:55:33 PM
I don't even know Scorpion...

And yea I think alot of people would love X, but they just happen not to find it...

For example I found X thanks to the fact that I started playing Ultima Online... I met a friend there, who introuduced me to anime, through which I found Japanese music, including X...

This is my administrator color.

Offline Orkrist

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 01:10:22 PM
Hypno, does songs like Rock you like hurricane, Still loving you, No one like you or Wind of Change say anything to you? They are all Scorpions' songs, perhaps some most known ones. :)

Offline hyderix

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.friendster.com/jablaylanang
Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 10:19:55 AM
x vs scorpion??
hm..they had quite different musical style,i think..
so I can't compare ...

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 02:07:39 PM
That may be,because X is a japanese band.Some people are ignorant in the world and aren't open to Japanese bands...

I find it pretty hard to believe that we (I guess I can speak for Swedes)  aren't open to Japanese music. It's probably more related with labels having failed miserably in the promotion of their signed bands in Europe & America. I still never see any Japanese music in the record stores, not even now when Japan and its culture is hotter than ever before.

you only have to read comments by people on youtube about Yoshikis drumming to understand this.

Don't be so judgmental. People are very "loyal" to their own bands and they always have to put out how other bands sucks. It's a negative attitude that always have been around, no matter what band they're talking about.

Are you sure that it isn't the other way around, you being biased about Japanese music?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 04:29:33 PM
Quote from: "Orkrist"
Hypno, does songs like Rock you like hurricane, Still loving you, No one like you or Wind of Change say anything to you? They are all Scorpions' songs, perhaps some most known ones. :)
Nope :D

Maybe I know them but I guess not by name and band...

This is my administrator color.

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 03:16:57 PM
Hmm no this is different.They are bothering to waste their time to say comments like; this asian sucks why is he playing drums.Theres no need for it.I'm not being biaist I listen to a lot of japanese music not just jrock or jpop but if your not getting my point don't worry about it.

Saying that "this asian sucks" is just another way of insulting a band (indirectly the band's fans) you don't like. It sounds a bit worse than the usual insults because it could have a racistic meaning but they're probably fully aware of that. I'd say their goal is to provoke, while not necessarily being racist.

They did end up provoking you didn't they? Mission succesful.

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 11:16:22 PM
They didn't provoke me because I didn't reply to their comments like some people on youtube.You need to go read the comments before you judge.

Even if that is the case, you are sliding away from the point.

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 05:23:37 PM
I just checked the first ten X Japan videos I could find on youtube, not a single one of them had a recent negative comment on them except silly people thinking they shouldn't reunite cus of hide being dead (quite a few for that matter, I hope Yoshiki won't get too bothered by it), so, where do you find those people anyway? I've never really encountered someone who talked shit about the Japanese as a people. I did hear people who think they're weird, but that's another story. Okay, I've met some who have a bit of a "A number one, top of the hill, king of the heap"-attitude but that's just their own ignorance and it's not really racism (they have similar attitudes to people who don't look as good as them or are short, believe me, I know what they're like). I call them .......*drumroll*..... Stupid people.

Back to the subject I guess I have to admit I think that the Asian rock (I'm guessing we're talking about the same kind of rock here, nowadays people even call certain pop music as rock) scene isn't putting out as good music as the Western one. My theory would be it's simply because metal/rock is more popular here, and also, it usually seems so important with success for some of these Japanese bands that they get commercialized and adapt a mainstream sound which make the whole thing somewhat boring. X is one of the best metal/rock acts to ever have existed though (maybe this sentence didn't make that much sense to be put here but I just wanted to).

I have a question, somewhat off-topic. Don't you think many Japanese people have something of a "A number one, top of the hill, king of the heap"-attitude when it comes to Asian matters?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 07:12:40 PM by Maverick »

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 05:35:52 PM
Alex, I would have some questions for you, and hope you can ponder about them a little...

Are you sure you know where to draw a line between 'plain' ignorance and rascism? To draw a line that is solid, I mean. Not blurry at any point- you seem to be very self-aware you can draw that line so I would like you to expand on that point.

Secondly, why are you mentioning 'talking s**t about Japanese as a people' when the post of an user above you was more so about ASIAN culture in general, with Japanese artists just as example of whole culture? This bit seems little off to me, but maybe that is just me.

Thirdly, WHAT Japanese are you talking about at the end of your post?

Aim for the future, or the past will eat you up alive and think you are very yummy.

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 06:29:09 PM
Alex, I would have some questions for you, and hope you can ponder about them a little...

But of course.

Are you sure you know where to draw a line between 'plain' ignorance and rascism? To draw a line that is solid, I mean.
Not blurry at any point- you seem to be very self-aware you can draw that line so I would like you to expand on that point.

To be honest, the line when something turns into racism is quite blurry because people have different values, just like you and me. I try to be cautious about it myself but I don't like when people are too sensitive about it. Where would you put the line?

If some Korean would put out a comment like "Yankees can't do music" I wouldn't consider that as an act of racism. If I, however, said that "Asians can't do music", it's suddenly racist? I would say it's an opinion, put out in a sad way.

Secondly, why are you mentioning 'talking s**t about Japanese as a people' when the post of an user above you was more so about ASIAN culture in general, with Japanese artists just as example of whole culture? This bit seems little off to me, but maybe that is just me.

I don't know what you think Japanese artists are, but I consider them to be Japanese people. When I said "as a people" I was kind of referring to their culture, traditions, values etc. It's the people who came up with them, right?

Thirdly, WHAT Japanese are you talking about at the end of your post?

It's not a secret that Japanese people are quite patriotic (not saying they're unfriendly or disrespectful to foreigners or anything) and have a very nationalistic history. You don't need to get upset or anything, it was just a question.

Offline Lights

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 04:34:58 PM
I'd say that depends. (and I know there could be a debate over if such a thing as races really does matter, from what I remember, there had been some research showing up the biological differences between people of various races are actually smaller than assumed common knowledge about said topic)

I would also think being 'over sensitive' may be one factor, yet being completely ignoring the intention of a speaker may be very different one- even if it does not get labelled 'racism', it still can be labelled as 'act of harm toward the other'- no matter whether physical or "just" emotional- and as such I do have a right to disagree with it and protect the affected from it. ("I" is meant as more general in there.)

Good you explained the line regarding "Japanese as people".

Plus, I do not think I was upset, I was merely demanding further explanation. . .

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 05:15:49 PM
I would also think being 'over sensitive' may be one factor, yet being completely ignoring the intention of a speaker may be very different one- even if it does not get labelled 'racism', it still can be labelled as 'act of harm toward the other'- no matter whether physical or "just" emotional- and as such I do have a right to disagree with it and protect the affected from it. ("I" is meant as more general in there.)

Good you explained the line regarding "Japanese as people".

Plus, I do not think I was upset, I was merely demanding further explanation. . .

All good, we seem pretty much on the same line.

I'd say that depends. (and I know there could be a debate over if such a thing as races really does matter, from what I remember, there had been some research showing up the biological differences between people of various races are actually smaller than assumed common knowledge about said topic)

I already found this out while investigating my girlfriend ;)

Offline Nanwair

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 11:27:54 AM
i stopped listening to Scorpions ages ago,
X-japan is way bether. Toshi got the best voice. Scorpions singer is no match.

\ /) Post this bunny
(0.o) in your signature
(><) and help it receive
/_l_\ world domination.

Offline lucie

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 07:53:03 PM
I love Scorpions actually, I've been their fan since I was like 6 or 7!

I think Scorpions are great, probably more well known... but X-Japan were more chrismatic. Blame it on Hide & The Last Live concert-style.

I've never seen anything so touching.

Offline Nanwair

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007, 08:03:02 PM
Scorpions just have 1 or 2 songs that i liked but i never remember the name of the songs so that tells me how mutch i like them.  :)

\ /) Post this bunny
(0.o) in your signature
(><) and help it receive
/_l_\ world domination.