• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

The "I dont like ..." Thread

BizKiTRoAcH · 85659

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: July 11, 2008, 10:24:01 PM
Quote from: "Envenom"
I always though the introduction to the later concerts was bloody ennoying (the X Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan etc. bit). The older one was MUCH better.

FUCKING AGREED.  :x

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #301 on: July 12, 2008, 09:46:37 PM
Quote from: "Anna"
I agree. The VUK/Naoto show seemed out of place. But it was a good chance to go to the toilet and/or buy another drink from the pretty vendor girl.  :wink:

wtf i really hated the fashion show!!!

PARTY HARD

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #302 on: July 12, 2008, 11:11:41 PM
I loved VUK... Didn't like the fashion show I guess, but City of Angels rocks :D

Well it doesn't fit X Japan maybe (well it does now than it would have 20 years ago), but during a brake, it's good for Yoshiki to introduce what he has been doing for the past 10 years.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #303 on: July 12, 2008, 11:17:48 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
I loved VUK... Didn't like the fashion show I guess, but City of Angels rocks :D

Well it doesn't fit X Japan maybe (well it does now than it would have 20 years ago), but during a brake, it's good for Yoshiki to introduce what he has been doing for the past 10 years.

I don't mind Violet UK, I like most of it. But still, if I go to a X Japan concert, I'd  much rather listen to X Japan than Violet UK ;P

Mod color o' mine

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: July 13, 2008, 12:29:30 AM
I pretty much like most of the music Yoshiki writes so I don't have a problem with Violet UK....but even though I really enjoy his piano and drum solos, I also thought that the random VUK show in the X Japan shows wsa a bit er.....annoying.
Kind of like a commercial break.....Interesting but um..get on with the rest of the show.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #305 on: July 13, 2008, 01:17:38 AM
Quote from: "roseofpain84"
Interesting but um..get on with the rest of the show.
I'd rather let them rest a bit... And better to have something to see and listen during a brake, than sing the Endless Rain chorus for 20 minutes :P

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: July 13, 2008, 01:28:26 AM
Quote from: "roseofpain84"
Interesting but um..get on with the rest of the show.
I'd rather let them rest a bit... And better to have something to see and listen during a brake, than sing the Endless Rain chorus for 20 minutes :P

THIS is why they need another live guitarist along with Pata. Honestly, I'm all for Miyavi. . . the "Miyavi no heya" would probably be one of the coolest things about the new X if he became a part of the band. . .

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #307 on: July 13, 2008, 01:40:25 AM
And I'd rather be for a Sugizo no Heya. Seeing where Miyavi is steering with his style, he wouldn't fit. Just because he is visual or something, doesn't mean he would fit there.

And unless I have mistaken something, they are still planning to have guest guitarists joining in for the show.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: July 13, 2008, 08:02:55 AM
And I'd rather be for a Sugizo no Heya. Seeing where Miyavi is steering with his style, he wouldn't fit. Just because he is visual or something, doesn't mean he would fit there.

And unless I have mistaken something, they are still planning to have guest guitarists joining in for the show.

I think I'd hate EVERY new '... no heya' That's HIDE's solo - and if anyone should play it, it's HIDE himself.  :evil:
And I personally hope that Miyavi won't be a guest guitarist of X  :lol: Sry, I'm not into Miyavi's stuff - have never been into it.

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Yzaleen

• Fan
  • ... In the Rain...
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: July 13, 2008, 09:49:48 AM
Quote from: "Maverick"
And I personally hope that Miyavi won't be a guest guitarist of X  :lol: Sry, I'm not into Miyavi's stuff - have never been into it.

Agree, Don't want Miyavi to perform with X, not that I hate him, but he really don't fit with X and have absolutly no connexion with them. Sugizo is at leat a friend of them for years...

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #310 on: July 13, 2008, 09:50:23 AM
Agree with Maverick. :P

Pony rocks!

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #311 on: July 13, 2008, 01:07:14 PM
Quote from: "Yzaleen"
Quote from: "Maverick"

Agree, Don't want Miyavi to perform with X, not that I hate him, but he really don't fit with X and have absolutly no connexion with them. Sugizo is at leat a friend of them for years...

I would kill myself, if he is.

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: July 13, 2008, 06:09:26 PM
I've to agree with the whole Violet UK thing, it was really out of place. Even worse as nobody in the crowd seemed into it. Though I could sit down and rest the legs a bit, and seemingly some went to get drinks ;)

Miyavi for X?

:x

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #313 on: July 13, 2008, 06:12:30 PM
Though I could sit down and rest the legs a bit, and seemingly some went to get drinks Wink

Nah, I would never get my butt off the seat. I just waited until the lovely girl came closer... and then I attacked!  8)

Pony rocks!

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: July 13, 2008, 06:26:12 PM
Oh. I didn't even notice that they had people walking around selling. Though, I only had a seat around the stairs at one of the concerts, and there was no silly VUK performance then :P

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #315 on: July 13, 2008, 06:39:25 PM
Yeah, I had the seat to the corridor only at the last performance. But I was really thankful for that, as I needed a drink. The journey to Tokyo Dome almost killed me that time (almost came late due to train accident).  8)

Pony rocks!

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: July 13, 2008, 07:50:27 PM
What kinda music is VUK anyway? Weird ambient/triphop shit right?

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #317 on: July 13, 2008, 07:53:03 PM

Offline winterspelt

• Rookie
  • Finland + Mexico = Me!
    • View Profile
    • El reich sagrado
Reply #318 on: July 13, 2008, 08:22:28 PM

Not ambient, is not trip hop (not in the kind of triphop that Portishead play, perhaps closer to Massive Attack, but no triphop) VUK is electronic/techno music mixed with some electric guitars, very much like certain songs from Orbital (which used to play with some punk/rock/heavymetal elements) Crystal Method or Juno Reactor.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #319 on: July 13, 2008, 08:43:58 PM

Appropriately enough, it sounds (to me anyway) exactly like runway model/fashion show music. :P

And I also was very "what the fuck?" about the VUK portion of the reunion concerts.  It's a concert, and then all of a sudden it's a fashion show.  Complete with fashion show music.  I've got nothing against fashion shows, but fuck, not in the middle of an X concert!

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #320 on: July 13, 2008, 10:47:47 PM
I don't like how at concerts whenever they have a screen and they're showing pictures/video, it's all of Yoshiki. Even at the hide memorial concert this happened. I love the guy but come on now, this ain't no one man band. It just bothers me.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: July 13, 2008, 11:12:17 PM
I like the VUK stuff - it's somehow interesting since it really seems to turn out that way VUK was supposed to be.. rock concert fashion show, commercial, everything like that.
An you'd have had the choice - either waiting and seeing nothing happen on stage (which can turn out waiting quite a long time)  - or a commercial sequence with VUK ;)

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: July 14, 2008, 12:23:26 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
It's a concert, and then all of a sudden it's a fashion show.  Complete with fashion show music.  I've got nothing against fashion shows, but fuck, not in the middle of an X concert!

Agreed. It doesn't really go with the band's style.

I honestly don't know if I like VUK or not, in fact I think it's the kind of music that I listen to and just shrug. I obviously don't mind having them perform in the intervals, though. Better than nothing. But, as I said... I sort of crinkle my nose at it. Suddenly a dozen displaced creatures in funny outfits take over the stage and start making music that has nothing to do with the band I paid to see... a bit boring.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #323 on: July 14, 2008, 05:51:44 AM
I guess it's just too soon to judge VUK... hard to judge a band who hasn't released an album yet.

Personnally I liked the song during the reunion show. The song in itself is good. The voice of the singer is good (imo). Again, it shows the great "open mindness" of X members... I'd never thought I'd see Pata play on a song like that !

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #324 on: July 14, 2008, 07:31:28 AM
I guess it's just too soon to judge VUK... hard to judge a band who hasn't released an album yet.

Nobody's really judging VUK as a band here. We are only pointing out that it did not work well for us during Reunion concerts.

Pony rocks!

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #325 on: July 14, 2008, 08:03:42 AM
Yeah I know ! I wasn't saying that you were judging them good or bad or anything ;)

Anyway I'm not so sure that it didn't work well... people just didn't know the song, they didn't know the band (or most of them didn't), so well... you just watch :D It's kinda like when a band performs a new song for the first time live. It's hard for the audience to get in it as they don't know it.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #326 on: July 14, 2008, 08:08:59 AM
Well, to be honest, I think the feeling was even a bit more different.
New song is a new song, but this was something else - and it felt totally out of place. And judging from my surroundings, loads of people felt like this. Maybe it felt different in the other parts of the Dome, but in my vicinity (all Japanese there, we did not have JRR tickets) people went like - WTF? And chose to chat, relax, drink etc. instead of paying attention to what was going on on stage.

Pony rocks!

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #327 on: July 14, 2008, 08:14:26 AM
Yeah well for sure they were more interested about X Japan :D

Anyway, I think you are in a better place to judge than me as I only saw the video. :D

But I can understand why people reacted like that, it's REALLY different than X Japan...

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #328 on: July 14, 2008, 08:17:35 AM
Well, yes...
I guess VUK would really deserve its own show sometimes soon. Though it's probably not going to happen in a near future.  :?

Pony rocks!

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: July 14, 2008, 08:40:26 AM
Yes, I also think VUK might work out much better in their own show. People who know the songs and are fond of the style. Much good as they can be, it obviously didn't work in coordination to X. It's a bit as if somebody had put Pavarotti in the middle of a Nirvana show.  :?

Woah, I can haz admin colour.