Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan : On the verge of destruction, AGAIN

WeekEnder · 23836

Offline treex

• View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 20, 2020, 10:04:22 PM
Sounds like people haven't been paid... "unpaid money from the music publishers" hmmm. I wonder who wasn't paid?

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 21, 2020, 05:17:21 AM
it can be summed up this way... 1) Yoshiki is so uncertain and shaky about the new release (be it perfectionism or the fear of not being able to keep up with people's expectations) that he deliberately chose to keep this album hidden from the rest of humanity forever. 2) Other X's members are tired of this endless tug-of-war and eventually ditched the whole project and they're willing to appear on stage only when it's needed as independent musicians. That also would explain why Yoshiki follows the other members but some of them don't follow him back (Pata being a giant example for that, pun intended).

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #32 on: January 21, 2020, 08:05:30 AM
it can be summed up this way... 1) Yoshiki is so uncertain and shaky about the new release (be it perfectionism or the fear of not being able to keep up with people's expectations) that he deliberately chose to keep this album hidden from the rest of humanity forever. 2) Other X's members are tired of this endless tug-of-war and eventually ditched the whole project and they're willing to appear on stage only when it's needed as independent musicians. That also would explain why Yoshiki follows the other members but some of them don't follow him back (Pata being a giant example for that, pun intended).

Your point two unfortunately is wrong.

positively unsure。

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #33 on: January 26, 2020, 02:37:17 PM
Since Yoshiki literally owns everything and will grab the majority of the total income, i think it kinda describes the contract wars

*nuzzles*

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 26, 2020, 04:42:18 PM
I'm still thinking about that interview where Yoshiki mentions the difficulties of selling rock music to a new generation of Western listeners who are clearly more hooked to electronic tunes and "hit singles" on Spotify/whatever waiting for the right moment to release that "infamous" new album. Well, put the album out for free (It's been already recorded, so the bulk of money that was needed in the whole process is already gone)  and then compensate with the huge cash returns you get from commercials and fashion shows, I'd say  ;D

Yeah, better keep on dreaming than simply waiting...

Offline treex

• View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 26, 2020, 11:31:27 PM
Yoshiki, Heath and Pata are doing a live stream *together* this week...  they will take questions.  :o

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 27, 2020, 05:12:34 AM
Yoshiki, Heath and Pata are doing a live stream *together* this week...  they will take questions.  :o

I'd like to ask Pata why he only follows on Instagram the Yomiuri Giants but not Yoshiki, Toshi, Sugizo, Heath...  :D

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: February 01, 2020, 09:30:20 PM

I'd like to ask Pata why he only follows on Instagram the Yomiuri Giants but not Yoshiki, Toshi, Sugizo, Heath...  :D

Heath doesn't have any social media account.

On Twitter Pata follows Yoshiki and Sugizo, but not Toshi.

Offline OmniaDei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: February 02, 2020, 03:06:57 AM

Interestingly Pata follows Cutt, who's kinda been Toshi's sidekick for a long time, but not Toshi.
On that note, Cutt also hasn't been seen interacting with Toshi for a while now. Not sure whether this also has to do with Toshi's contract issue.

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: February 02, 2020, 05:18:33 AM

yup, it just seemed strange to me that... Yoshiki follows every member on IG. Sugizo only follows Toshi. Toshi follows Sugizo and Yoshiki, as you said Pata only follows the Giants without a care for the other members  :D

not to mention that for a band that wants to become more popular in the West, translating Instagram posts from Japanese to English would be appropriate, but only Yoshiki does that.

Offline treex

• View Profile
Reply #40 on: February 02, 2020, 08:06:51 AM
Did anyone check out the stream of Yoshiki/Pata/Heath? Did they mention the band status or Toshi at all?

On Twitter someone posted a picture of their recent visit to the X Japan exhibit at Madame Tussauds and Toshi was not in it. A bit weird.

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: February 02, 2020, 08:55:44 AM
Yoshiki just posted a picture on Instagram... "I think I'm still Yoshiki from X Japan" is the caption. Quite odd if X is still a band... Does he need reassurance from himself (and worldwide fans)?  :(

"On the verge of destruction, again" confirmed again (sorry for being redundant)

Offline OmniaDei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: February 03, 2020, 03:38:07 AM
Did anyone check out the stream of Yoshiki/Pata/Heath? Did they mention the band status or Toshi at all?

On Twitter someone posted a picture of their recent visit to the X Japan exhibit at Madame Tussauds and Toshi was not in it. A bit weird.

They actually mentioned all X members. Toshi was mentioned quite a few times, but mostly in the same old stories that Yoshiki tells from time to time. Pata actually referred to him as  Deyama-kun when they were talking about how Toshi was in charge of X's accounting during the indies days. Also if you watch the subtitle translations for Toshi's fancy studio tour,  Toshi explicitly mentioned how he wasn't in Madame Tussauds because of contract reasons. The Madame Tussauds thing happened quite a few years ago, so maybe it was during the time when he was still fighting for his rights with HOH?

Also in terms of band status, nothing much was said. Basically the same "ah being in the band is really nice, maybe I should release the album some time".

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: February 03, 2020, 06:06:34 AM
Lol, really maybe  :D About Toshi... It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't take part to Yoshiki's promo tours that basically only involve self-celebration. He wants to sing, obviously, not to hang pictures in museums or polishing wax statues.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: February 04, 2020, 12:29:31 PM

xou may can write me via PM about it  ;)

positively unsure。

Offline Kiiroi

• View Profile
Reply #45 on: February 05, 2020, 09:47:57 PM
I listened to X JAPAN for the first time in 2005... I remember wanting them to be active again so bad, then 2007 came and I was so excited to finally see them alive again! Waiting for the new album, and waiting, and waiting...

I joined this forum in 2008, and I held hope until 2011, which was the last time I logged in. Then today I checked this forum again and read this post... not surprised at all.
I still listen to their songs, and follow them on social media in case they release a new song (the album is a lost case), but I'm hopeless.

I just want them to release the damn album so I can move on.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 09:51:44 PM by Kiiroi »

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: February 06, 2020, 06:06:46 AM
The only thing Yoshiki seems to care about nowadays is classical music performances and doing commercials. We won't see the album unless pop-rock / rock music becomes mainstream again (and I would still have doubts about the release)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: February 06, 2020, 09:43:48 AM
The only thing Yoshiki seems to care about nowadays is classical music performances and doing commercials. We won't see the album unless pop-rock / rock music becomes mainstream again (and I would still have doubts about the release)

I agree on the classical thing, but I have to say, I doubt he wont release because rock is not mainstream anymore. In the last 10 years there were a bunch of reasons why he couldn't release it. Sometimes he lost his passphrase for the zip file, another time it was bcs of contracts, sometimes he said, he wasn't in the mood or Pata was etc etc ...

positively unsure。

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #48 on: February 10, 2020, 09:13:02 AM
current situation says that heath and pata are ready.  While sugizo and toshi are simply ignoring everything

*nuzzles*

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: February 10, 2020, 09:15:55 AM
Well,

maybe Sugizo and Toshi are sick of waiting for Yo being in the right mood. I mean, these two guys have a real career.

Sorry for the harsh words... :-\

positively unsure。

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: February 10, 2020, 09:34:21 AM
Toshi has been literally unstoppable about his music and side projects after his recover, it's fair to assume that he doesn't like being strung along by Yoshiki anymore...

however, knowing that Yoshiki can be manipulative, I often wonder why he doesn't recruit another singer for the time being...

Offline Pocho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: February 12, 2020, 08:17:06 PM
A new singer wouldnt work in X. the magic would be gone. To bad Yoshiki is the boss. Really sucks for anyone into to this band. Its sad it ended this way. Next time we will get news is when they disband again... Rest in Peace X

Offline treex

• View Profile
Reply #52 on: February 13, 2020, 12:03:16 AM
The time to recruit a new singer was 1998-2007... he had plenty of time, what was he doing?... that ship has sailed and it seems Toshi has moved on.

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: February 13, 2020, 05:11:01 AM
it obviously wouldn't be the same without Toshi, but let's remember that we already lost 2 key members of the band before... To Yoshiki everything right now seems a business, so the question seemed legit to me

Offline Pocho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: February 15, 2020, 05:37:11 PM
it obviously wouldn't be the same without Toshi, but let's remember that we already lost 2 key members of the band before... To Yoshiki everything right now seems a business, so the question seemed legit to me

Sure the loss of Taji and hide changed things alot concerning song writing. But Toshi have always been a part of x. You have had a shitload of persons in the band besides Toshi and Yoshiki. Toshi and Yoshiki is X. Separating thoose 2 would surely kill the band forever.  But who am i kidding. The spoiled brat Yoshiki has already fucked everything up.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: February 15, 2020, 05:51:00 PM
I have to say, it's really true what you say Pocho. Sadly  :-\

positively unsure。

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: February 15, 2020, 10:37:29 PM
I am in the zone where I don't really care what is going to happen to X anymore.

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: February 16, 2020, 06:13:44 AM

Sure the loss of Taji and hide changed things alot concerning song writing. But Toshi have always been a part of x. You have had a shitload of persons in the band besides Toshi and Yoshiki. Toshi and Yoshiki is X. Separating thoose 2 would surely kill the band forever.  But who am i kidding. The spoiled brat Yoshiki has already fucked everything up.

yup. That just goes to show how leadership in a band should be evenly distributed to avoid future disasters. Even if Yoshiki realized his mistakes about the management, who would he reach out to? I mean, he's basically alone.

Offline treex

• View Profile
Reply #58 on: February 16, 2020, 07:53:10 AM
Indeed... and when one member exerts creative or business control of a band or whose ego gets out of control, this pretty much always breeds resentment among other members. It's been the reason many bands have broken up. On the other end of the spectrum, an example would be U2, which has always shared profits equally... even though you could certainly argue that some members contribute more than others to its success. Each member still gets equal $.

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #59 on: February 16, 2020, 04:10:13 PM
Harsh truth. The thing is that before 2010s toshi wasnt in good shape and all, thus he played along yoshiki and didnt question is total negative iq decisions. But Toshi now has a kickass solo career, so i think its right to say he just said fuck off to yoshiki and went in his own way.

*nuzzles*