X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Any thoughts on Yoshiki's Imitation Rain for SixTones?

OmniaDei · 8805

Offline OmniaDei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: January 04, 2020, 12:16:29 AM
Not sure if it's mainly because the forum is kinda quiet or some people might just haven't heard yet, but Yoshiki wrote and produced a song for an idol group SixTones from Johnny's.

Half of it is out on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTh-ncw31ZA

Any thoughts?

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 09:31:12 PM
Thanks for the information.
The song is quite ok. I think it's funny that Yoshiki wrote a song for a boy band.  ;D
What do you think? Do you like the song?

Offline OmniaDei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 07:38:59 AM
Thanks for the information.
The song is quite ok. I think it's funny that Yoshiki wrote a song for a boy band.  ;D
What do you think? Do you like the song?

I like some parts of it (the piano arrangements mainly) but the drums felt kinda weird, not sure why. I don't really know whether it was him playing the drums, but probably not.
I personally prefer it to the song that he wrote to the Korean boy band Trax (like 14 years ago almost?). But the full-length studio version isn't out yet so we'll have to see.

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 03:53:54 PM
I haven't been listening to Yoshiki's side projects with other bands because just as many other people I'm really fed up about the unbelievable delay of the album and I'm not really in the mood to see him playing around with us, but you can recognize from miles away his overall touch in the melodic structure. The lyrics are also Yoshiki-esque and they literally speak volumes about how much he's tired about people who put on a facade to interact with him. He should've been the main singer for that band  :D

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 04:08:15 PM
He should've been the main singer for that band  :D

I don't think he can sing at all. LOL

haruu__na

Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 08:33:58 PM
There is recording of Yoshiki singing. But I think somewhere he admitted that he can't sing (but I'm not sure though).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 08:45:25 PM by haruu__na »