Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
on: May 03, 2019, 02:22:21 PM
https://youtu.be/Udvki3qk0i0

Yoshiki was currently featured on NHK World in a program called "SONGS OF TOKYO". He performed two songs "Endless Rain" and "Anniversary". The program gives a short introduction of Yoshiki and X Japan and the hosts have invited five international fans to join in the conversation with Yoshiki.

What are your thoughts on the program? What do you think about the choice of songs? Did you recognize any of these "international fans"? Discuss!

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline hatsor

• Administrator
  • Rookie
  • Without music, life would be a mistake.-Nietzsche
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 02:29:00 PM
I think it's a bit lame for NHK World to use playback on his performance of Anniversary. Lunatic pointed this out and when compared to the studio version, it sounded very, very similar. I'm sure it's not Yoshikis fault as most of the times this things are dictated by the channel. Besides that, it's always nice to see Yoshiki interviews, or any X member.

I know not what tomorrow will bring. - F.P.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 06:41:24 PM
I was quite surprised he talked about charity so much. I think it's a good thing, that he is aware of the fact that he can have a great positive impact on the lifes of others.

And I was super annoyed by the host, who was constantly like "woooo sugoi Yoshiki" "such a legend" "woah so deep"... Sorry but this is a bit over the top.  ::) You know Yoshikis awesome and all, but he is human too. Don't act like you're talking to a goddess. It gets weird really fast, but maybe that's just me. ^^°

As for the performance... yeah a bit sad that it was all playback, but sadly that's common in japanese music shows.

Offline ghostpepper

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 12:16:16 AM
I was there for the shooting of Endless Rain and it was kind of embarrassing. The Japanese people singing in the choir were generally fans, I believe selected from Yoshiki mobile lottery. All the foreigners except me were from a casting company, pretty much most of them had no clue who Yoshiki was. I was right next to the foreigners they had chose for the talk section with him and they straight up did not know anything about X, so it was really sad to me to see that they were just trying to project an image of "oh X is famous overseas! look at all the gaijin!" haha. My buddy who is a famous singer here hooked me up with the connection to get in on the shooting, it was of course a pleasure to be around Yoshiki again but yah, playback on the piano, and the whole casting company bs made it really awkward to be around a bunch of people who had no interest in X but were singing endless rain to that background video @_@ 

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 08:14:59 AM
Hi ghostpepper,

thank you so much for your post. tbh back in my brain I silently thought that maybe something like that really took place there but I didn't want to say it out loud. It seems too unreal.

It's really sad. It seems Yoshiki and his agency wants to create a mystical cult around Yoshiki.

Thanks again for your information

positively unsure。

Offline KurenaiRoseOfPain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KurenaiRoseX-Twitter-
Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 01:05:33 PM
thank you for posting this even though it is kinda sad news. anyway, I'm not surprised, knowing Yoshiki as I do, and. the whole thing felt fake to. me anyway, thanks for the confirmation. it's just sad that he thinks he has to do low level stuff like that. there are other ways to promote X JAPAN worldwide, like releasing music and doing concerts, giving interviews, things a band usually does.

To me, it feels more and more that his interest in X is fake and he only wants to promote himself, as harsh and sad as it sounds. what makes me even sadder, is that he says he wants the worldwide success because it was hide and Taiji's dream. what would they have thought about paying foreigners? do the others know or care about it?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 01:10:08 PM by KurenaiRoseOfPain »

~Dry your tears with love~

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 01:06:38 PM
That's somewhat disappointing... But it explains what felt so weird about this "fans" of him. And tbh I really don't understand why someone is doing this. X Japan DOES have real oversea fans. You can clearly see that in places like this forum. Why invite fake fans, if you can invite real ones? Scared they might ask you about that album you promised for... many many years?

Offline KurenaiRoseOfPain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KurenaiRoseX-Twitter-
Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 01:19:25 PM
I can imagine that it might be a reason like avoiding questions like that and to be in control, transmitting the image that he wants to.
someone said that he's probably paying people (and the Yakuza xD) to keep scandals and such of X Japan away from the public.  ???

~Dry your tears with love~

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 02:18:05 PM
That sounds a bit too crazy, but hey... never underestimate the Yakuza  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sakuraai

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 05:10:38 PM
Wow...Thanks for the information. Now I feel so disappointed :(
The first time I saw this program, I've already felt something isn't right (not the song is playback, I realized it later): the way MC hosted the show, the stories Yoshiki talked all the time and the "fans" behind him. The first time X Japan appeared on NHK World, they even interviewed a fan (a hysterical fan, I even feel creepy until now); but this time, those "fans" did...nothing. They just sat there and smile. So cringe...
If Taiji and hide could turn in their grave, they would and go to Yoshiki's place, smile in a very creepy way and say "Yoshiki, stop those bullshit things and release the album"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 07:25:59 AM by Sakuraai »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 01:38:45 AM
Yoshiki paying foreigners to appear on Japanese concerts?
What a surprise. Isn't like he hadn't done it in literally every broadcasted concert X played in Japan since the reunion.

This was discussed on another forums years ago. I remember on XRD people even made a "Spot the Gaijin" game every time a concert was on TV. We all know it is a bad move from Yoshiki but he wants to self promote as the worldwide famous rockstar that he never was nor ever will be if he didn't do stuff like play concerts or release songs so people would actually know him better than paid articles and paid audience on the first row of his concerts.

Those images I posted were the easiest to find on Youtube. But if you watch all the broadcasts of X concerts in Japan after the reunion, you'll notice foreigners in the front row pretending to be X fans just to appear on video.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 03:32:14 AM by Joker »

Offline ghostpepper

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 04:51:46 PM
Yah of course I know hes done stuff like this before but there is that part of me that still holds X and Yoshiki up to this standard, a kind of hope,
it is the naive 12 year old fan in me who still holds on I guess haha.

As much as it is Yoshiki's decision to do such things for image there is also the fact that the media here sucks and always uses foreigners as tools, so maybe that just justifies his actions to himself.
Initially they had selected me for the talk section as well but then maybe me being a real fan compared to the normies they ended up with would have been a giveaway by contrast idk. Just another nail in the coffin to me.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 09:18:54 PM
Can you explain us how you got the invention in the first place? It's really something I know nothing about.

positively unsure。

Offline ghostpepper

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 10:06:23 PM
I am an active musician in the visual kei scene here and one of my buddies also from California who is now a big jpop singer here now posted about it on his private facebook and I got connected to a guy who does TV work here, they were looking for people who were foreigners and fans of bands like Luna Sea, X, and Larc en ciel if memory serves, so I imagine those bands are going to get features as well. I emailed the guy my info and got in. But when I went to the NHK building in Shibuya I was the only one from that connection and everyone else was lined up from the casting company.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 10:25:05 PM
Ah, thx for clarifying  :)

positively unsure。