Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
on: April 01, 2019, 11:48:46 AM
Dear Freaks,

Spring is in the air and cherry blossoms are abloom in the country of the rising sun! Things have been a bit quiet on the X Japan front as of lately, but we trust that the #Xdrought won't last too long. In case you're here for a quick TL;DR on band activity, we've got your back:

Yoshiki
Since January, Yoshiki has announced a theme song composed by him for Vin Diesel's latest XXX film as well as one for Spycies, an animation film currently in the works. And that's not all. He has played again at Carnegie Hall with the Tokyo Philarmonic Orchestra, then threw a Yoshiki Classical show in Tokyo with live ballet, promoted a web browse game called Idolm@aster, played piano with Sarah Brightman at Dolby Theatre (SF) and at the Radio City Music Hall in NYC, produced more of his Yoshiki wine, worked with Hyde on his new single Zipang, and most importantly... fell off a skateboard.

Toshi
Toshi's been on Japanese TV almost 24/7 yet stil found the time to start a new mockband, Y!Band, to promote Y!mobile in Japan. We'd otherwise call this a clever marketing move, except Toshi made sure to showcase his impressive vocal skills and even more impressive sense of humour by handing over the drummer role to... a cat. Oh, and by the way, we just got wind that Toshi's latest solo album, Im a singer, sold pretty well. Well done!

Sugizo
X Japan's newest member is still true to his values and, according to his Instagram, has been taking part in all kinds of sustainability-centric events. He has also played his solo show, Cosmic Dance, in Bangkok, Thailand, along with a quintet of household name Japanese musicians. Along with Motokatsu, he also played a visually striking show called Drum Tao8.

Pata
Pata is stil rockin' and meowing (really). He was Part of the 『猫好きさんの祭典 にゃんだらけ vol.7』"Cat Love's Festival: Nyanderake Vol. 7" and the『みゅージにゃんメイト #5』"Myugi Nyan Mate # 5". Has also played several gigs over the past year, including with the Tokyo Yankees at the Earthdom livehouse in Tokyo, at the WeROCK 068 festival and at the『hide tribute 2019 〜Stupid Side〜』festival. His next gig with Ra:IN is at the LOFT in Shinjuku, Tokyo, on April 4th. More info at the LOFT homepage

Heath
Heath released some merch lately and there might be more to come. Unfortunately it seems to be mostly sold out, though!

The Album
According to Yoshiki's latest interview on the subject, the album is 100% ready, he just doesn't think now is the right time to release it. Patience, young Padawan!

The Fan Podcast
In case you're wondering what happened to that awesome X Japan fan podcast that seemed to go MIA last year, know that the X Freaks here noticed a new episode is up!

As for the mighty X Freaks community, here's our latest news:

New mods!

Kasumi is now a moderator of the X Freaks Forum and of the X Freaks Discord chatroom! Welcome to the team Kasumi!

Hey freaks! I'm Kasumi from Germany. I was born 1991 and I listen to Japanese music since ten years now. nb introduced X Japan's music to me a couple years ago. It started with the Vanishing Vision album. Ever since I heard the first few seconds of "Dear Loser", I was hooked. I am super happy we joined the X Freaks community and I got to know all of you wonderful people. :-) Let's continue to enjoy their music together.

Hatsor is now a moderator of the X Freaks Discord chatroom!

Greetings X-Freaks! My name is Hatsor, I'm an old man from Portugal and I was born in '98. I love music and lots of it genres, from norse folk, to baroque, to black metal. I discovered X a while ago when youtube autoplayed AOL Live, and ever since I've started to like them more and more :) I've been on the chatroom for a while so most of you know me already, but for you forum only users, a big hello!

fluffy chose to take a break from her moderator duties on the Forum and on the Chatroom. Thank you so much for your help over the past few months. Please keep using your Alpaca superpowers to make this community a fluffier place!

New tech feats!

nb has been working hard on the Forum's software and features. He updated the forum’s SMF software to the latest release, version 2.0.15, and has also enabled video embedding from almost every website! By the way, the website's login feat is now encrypted - you can access it via https://www.x-freaks.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ACRSj7ARtA
Example: all you have to do is post the video link.

The Kurenights

...are still alive. We watch something together almost every weekend, on different schedules depending on what works best for everyone. We’re looking for volunteers to host the Kurenights and for new material we can watch - don’t hesitate to get in touch!

...and the important stuff at the end:

The end of X-Freaks.

Humans are naturally drawn to their routines and rituals, so it's not always easy to make a change. But sometimes it's necessary. We have been discussing this for more then a year and tried to find all kinds of possible logical solutions for it, but everything boils down to this: Yoshiki is X.

Without Yoshiki there would be no X, no Toshi, no Hide, none of the other guys. Yoshiki was the one who dropped everyhting to make X happen, including moving to America. He is the one that makes everything come together. And this, it's only logical to fully dedicate this forum to him.

And so today, we are working in that sense and making all the necessary changes. As you can imagine, this is not an easy process for a forum that's been online for 13 years now, but soon you will be able to access the site via https://www.y-freaks.com/

Hope you enjoy our new direction and hope you stay with us at Y Freaks for 13 more years! Today is day 1. Everything starts from here.

And while we’re here, why not learn a season-appropriate kanji?

Cherry blossom (pronounced sakura)

Yours truly, the Y Freaks team,
Sander, Asuka, Friday, MilleQDF, nb, matsumoto, Kasumi & Hatsor

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 12:58:54 PM
Thank you for the nice welcome into the team.  :)

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 06:50:00 PM
Turning into a Yoshiki forum? What the Fuck. April fools, right?

What a joke. What a stupid decision. X Japan was Yoshiki, Toshi, and hide

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 07:29:30 PM
Turning into a Yoshiki forum? What the Fuck. April fools, right?

What a joke. What a stupid decision. X Japan was Yoshiki, Toshi, and hide

I feel like it's pretty obvious that yes, this is an April Fools joke, but let's face it, Yoshiki treats X fans like every day is April 1st.

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 09:08:19 AM
Maybe you have to reload the page several times or empty the cache to see the new header.

positively unsure。

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 09:19:50 AM
Dear all,

In case you couldn't tell, the last part of this post was an April's fools prank. So worry not! The X Freaks are alive and kicking and we don't plan on changing any key letters in our banner  ;D

The first part of the post is for real, though, please welcome Kasumi as a chatroom and forum moderator and Hatsor as a chatroom moderator!

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 09:41:40 AM
Matsumoto why?  ;D

We could let it stand for a couple more days xD  ;D  ;D

positively unsure。

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 09:53:49 AM
Ehhhh well, why not though  8)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 09:58:22 AM
My question came in first! :P

positively unsure。

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 01:10:55 PM
Well, I am extremely stupid lol

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 04:42:24 PM
Well, I am extremely stupid lol

Hahahah no way man, you fell for it?  ;D

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 08:46:33 PM
hmmmm... I think we should stick a few days to the y-freaks layout... Just because it's such a great idea  ;D  ;D  ;D

positively unsure。