• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Toshi's participation in 2018 UTAGE!

sasasama · 7558

Teemeah

Reply #30 on: June 30, 2018, 11:25:22 AM
Perfect technique doesn't mean a singer can touch you. You cna have the most perfect singing technique, not make any mistake and sing everything to the exact notation, and still not be able to resonate with my heart, with my feelings. There are quite a few internationally acclaimed super-bravado singers, opera talents etc. whose voice was never able to touch me in a way Toshi's can every single time I hear him sing. What will eventually make you a fan is not whether the singer can always produce 100% perfect notes. The overall feeling you get out of the whole stage performance is what going to eventually catch you. I do believe that X is such a band. You need to see a live performance to get under the spell. However perfect or imperfecct the studio recorded version is, I always feel like the live ups it 100000 times. Most of my mp3s I listen to daily are live recordings. Incredible energy, incredible passion. If this cannot touch somebody, then nothing will. If a person won't be touched by how Toshi renders Say Anaything during any performance, they will not be touched by the perfected, autotuned (ie. digitally corrected) studio recording either. Then they are simply just not into this kind of music, which happens. ;)

Offline sanorin

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: March 30, 2019, 08:10:41 AM
He had another performance on Utage, Say Anything acoustic. Seriously check this out, probably the best performance of this song ever. His voice is soaring in the air crystal clear, holding high notes long and clean. Ahh my heart  :-*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VocCsxt5alM&feature=youtu.be

Looks like this got deleted, it was an amazing version of Say Anything and I can't find  it anywhere :(
Anyone happened to save the video?

Offline KurenaiRoseOfPain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KurenaiRoseX-Twitter-
Reply #32 on: March 30, 2019, 05:00:20 PM
Didn't save it  :( You can watch it here:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av25337270/

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 05:02:56 PM by KurenaiRoseOfPain »

~Dry your tears with love~

Offline KurenaiRoseOfPain

• Sunday Listener