• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

RIP X JAPAN

Feudal · 22473

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: January 12, 2019, 02:49:40 PM
2019 is well underway and here we are over 10 years since X Japan reunited. Let's see what we have going for us...

- No album release in sight.

- No promise of more tours/shows outside of Japan.

- Rumors of difficulties between Yoshiki and Toshi.

- Yoshiki increasingly more interested in anything other than X Japan (Hyde, Sarah Brightman, his wine label...)

- Neutered songs by lowering key (Rusty Nail, Kurenai, Silent Jealousy) in their most recent show at Makuhari Messe. Sounds flat and dreadful. I can't believe they've done that to such masterpieces.

- Increasingly more obvious that Yoshiki cannot write good rock songs anymore without hide.

I'll always remember this band for what they were and what they gave to me through their music but the future in my opinion is pretty grim for them. Label this post dramatic, silly, unfounded, or whatever pleases you. I'll always consider giving a listen to whatever they put out but I've removed all hopes and expectations. It will be what it will be.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 04:26:55 PM
I don’t see any problem with the lower key, the performances were still very good, Rusty Nail at the Dream Festival is one of the best I’ve seen. Everyone does that at some point and it’s understandable. Pata unable to play solos properly anymore is more concerning IMO.

Agree about the rest. I guess.

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 04:49:06 PM
Sadly I have to agree  :( X Japan (mainly X) has been my favourite band since a long time. I still enjoy listening to their old songs and watching their old performances.
It just breaks my heart to see what Yoshiki has done to X Japan and the band's legacy. I don't care about the new album, I just want them to tour! What's the point in reuniting a band if you're not going to tour or release new stuff?  ??? I'm glad that fans are calling Yoshiki out on his lies and fake promises. I'm even more pleased to see that fans are finally starting to realize how important Taiji and hide truly were to X Japan. Taiji brought a rock/metal vibe into X while hide brought creativity and visuals.
It's tragic to see what my favourite band has become. It won't surprise me if Toshi is pissed at Yoshiki at all. Who can blame him?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:11:59 PM by BLUE_BLOOD »

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 10:18:07 PM
Feudal raised some fair points. Unfortunately I agree with some. But hey, for the sake of argument let me debunk a few of the others.

X Japan sucks at planning. They announce all their major stuff out of the blue and just a few months in advance. Last year they did Coachella and Makuhari Messe, both announced in 2018, IIRC. There's a good chance they'll still announce stuff for this year, I have hard time believing they won't do at least one big show overseas. < / wishful thinking >

It really is just a fan rumor. They've probably ran out of crap to argue about after 50 years dealing with each other.

- Yoshiki increasingly more interested in anything other than X Japan (Hyde, Sarah Brightman, his wine label...)

True, but that's expected. Wouldn't expect him to be doing the exact same stuff since 1987. That would have been boring. Come to think of it, the Hyde thing is not such bad news. Hyde is a skilled artist and he's very active in the industry. I don't fancy the Red Swan thing but I guess there's potential in that duo. Hope they do more stuff.

- Increasingly more obvious that Yoshiki cannot write good rock songs anymore without hide.

We don't know enough about Hide's role within the old X to make that assumption, I guess. Would totally love to see him alive and well, but they've got a new guitarist that's just as excellent and an accomplished musician. Toshi himself is a creative powerhouse. If the two of them can't kick Yoshiki's ass, I'm not sure Hide could.

I'll always remember this band for what they were and what they gave to me through their music but the future in my opinion is pretty grim for them.

I don't expect Paul McCartney to pull some Beatles-grade stuff anymore either, but I'd still pay to see him live. There's a great chance the new X album will suck compared to their old stuff, but I'll still buy it. It'll still be better than Ed Sheeran or whatever kids are into these days. Or like we say on the internetz, it'll still be a better love story than Twilight.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 02:07:05 AM
I don’t see any problem with the lower key, the performances were still very good, Rusty Nail at the Dream Festival is one of the best I’ve seen. Everyone does that at some point and it’s understandable.

Rusty Nail and X sounded interesting. The other songs were weird as fuck and Beneath the Skin was plain bad.

@matsumoto: Sugizo is an amazing musician. The best song from the post-reunion era is Beneath the Skin, the only one composed by him. But he doesn't have the "authority" hide has. Yoshiki himself told many times that he always asked for hide views on everything. You can clearly notice how the band changed after hide joined, and how Yoshiki made a mess the band after the reunion because he isn't so awesome and "can do everything alone" as the articles he paid say.

Everything started going to shit when they stopped being a band and started being a Yoshiki side project. Everything is focused on him. The articles, the movie, even the concerts are focused on him, and not on the music or even the rest of the band.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 04:09:22 PM
@matsumoto: Sugizo is an amazing musician. The best song from the post-reunion era is Beneath the Skin, the only one composed by him. But he doesn't have the "authority" hide has.

Totally agree that Beneath the Skin is the best X thing I listened to since 1997.

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 05:23:53 PM
Everything started going to shit when they stopped being a band and started being a Yoshiki side project. Everything is focused on him. The articles, the movie, even the concerts are focused on him, and not on the music or even the rest of the band.

THIS!

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 08:39:16 PM
Id be happy if they had just 6 months of solid activity. Release the album, do 10-15 shows in the USA, 10-15 shows in Europe, 5-10 shows Mexico and South America, and wrap it up with 5 or so shows in Asia/Japan. Then they can play once a year or so or disband or whatever.

That is still way less than what normal touring bands do. I think that is doable even with Yoshiki.

Wont happen

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 10:53:53 AM
10-15 shows in each continent? Heh. I'd be happy if they did just one show in show in the US and one in Europe per year. Sounds even more doable.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 05:50:16 PM
I just realized...

if the physical condition of some X members continues like it has done in the past we most likely have barely 10 years with them anyway.

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 05:58:15 PM
I just realized...

if the physical condition of some X members continues like it has done in the past we most likely have barely 10 years with them anyway.
Yes sadly.  :( I hope they end X Japan with a big bang, like a World Tour and not just some shows in the Tokyo Dome. (And I hope by that time the album is out...)

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 15, 2019, 08:21:48 PM
Yes sadly.  :( I hope they end X Japan with a big bang, like a World Tour and not just some shows in the Tokyo Dome. (And I hope by that time the album is out...)

Kasumi, you are dreaming! LOL

Offline hatsor

• Administrator
  • Rookie
  • Without music, life would be a mistake.-Nietzsche
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 09:10:29 PM

I think that this is entirely plausible. It's very, very rare for bands to just say "It's over" and not finish it with some big events. They only suddenly stop when a crucial member dies or there's a big fallout between the most important members. Even Ozzy keeps doing farewell tours and he just doesn't want it to end so they keep coming. I don't think Yoshiki would X die like that, he may have his flaws but X is a part of him that I highly doubt he would lowkey end it. We all love X for some reason(or for most/all of them), either for the music, the way they present themselves to the world, the members, the list goes on. Yoshiki knows this, and there's still quite a big fanbase that he wouldn't disappoint like this. Maybe he disappointed some with the whole album ordeal, but he wouldn't go this low. Just watch something like Carnegie Hall, you can see how he loves what he's doing, and that he loves the fans.

I know not what tomorrow will bring. - F.P.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 07:24:47 AM
Ugh another Yoshiki hate-boner post... With all due respect to you because I know you're feeling disheartened but I'm just going to be as blunt as possible in responding to you. I don't mean this as a personal attack to you because you have every right to feel how you do. But for the sake of anyone else feeling the same way, I'm just going to respond honestly.

Let me start off by saying that Yoshiki is the one getting the majority of attention now because he is the only one committed to living in the United States, where a band HAS TO BE to be global. He is the only one who consistently interviews and posts in English. He is the only one who has opened a channel for international fans. Toshi and Sugizo both speak English. Pata might be able to understand it. Idk about Heath but if he knows it or understands it, we don't really know and they both have made zero effort to willingly engage with us as free agents of X Japan.

Yoshiki is WORKING on an international presence daily. Sugizo does it as a courtesy and thank you to his international fans occasionally and during special occasions (New Years), and Toshi does it when the circumstance calls for it (tour interviews like NYC interview for MSG, We Are X documentary). Toshi did not wish his international fans Happy New Year or even tell them about his album on his twitter.

EVERY X Japan member has their own agent and own label. They could easily be doing exactly what Yoshiki's doing and sign-on to do what he's doing WITH him if THEY CHOOSE TO. THEY DO NOT CHOOSE TO DO SO. THEY WILL NOT RELOCATE TO MAKE DOING SO MORE ACCESSIBLE AND PRACTICAL TO EACH INDIVIDUAL'S SCHEDULE.

If anything be fucking pissed off AT THE FUCKING OTHER MEMBERS for not giving 100 percent to the fucking band for fuck's sake. You're right, Yoshiki can't carry it alone. But for the last 10 years he's been forced to promote it that way almost 90 percent of the time.

2019 is well underway and here we are over 10 years since X Japan reunited. Let's see what we have going for us...

Who cares if we have the album. We have new songs. The ones that have been officially released: IV, Jade, BTBF (not typical for X fans to like but it is GREAT live and you Love it in concert, La Venus ((loooove this song))) and unofficially released/played live: Beneath the Skin, Angel, Hero, Without You and a teaser of Kiss the Sky. Did I miss any?

The reason I bring up unofficially released/teased songs is because bands do not typically play "not ready" tracks. That is something pretty specific and unique to X and is fucking wonderful and really kind and sweet to fans. We take that for granted. But a lot of fans from a lot of other fandoms who also have musicians who don't release music for years and years don't get to hear what their band is working on during lives. We do.

Speaking of which, we're obviously all still here which means there's more important to us than just the new album (like all their past music). This isn't a an issue unique to X Japan or even disbanded and then re-united artists. Robyn (Swedish pop artist) goes 5-8 years ON AVERAGE before releasing each album. Personally, I believe it's gotten to the point that X fans exist too much in the microcosm of this album's creation and yes, Yoshiki lied and that has a lot to do with our broken expectations. But let me remind everyone, too, that the original album intended to be released (english remake of songs with a few originals) was completely scrapped. That's at least 2-3 years worth of work gone because X was touring at that time. I refuse to believe that the bitching similar to what's found on here had nothing to do with that decision.

Also, since I brought up the lying (which EVERYONE does so be careful about persecuting him!), try to understand being barraged by the same question for yearrrrs by fans and media alike. I'm sure he had every intention of the album being released earlier but things changed. What do you tell a kid on a road trip? "We'll be there soon... we'll be there soon... 5 more minutes," cue to 12 hours later after restroom stops, gas fill ups, stopping for lunch, and fixing the flat tire.

It's already been mentioned that X releases concert dates last minute so this means nothing for 2019.

Purely tabloid bullshit and fans wanting to make drama out of inactivity. I also can't help but notice that some fans (bc lbr this is not an issue even being imagined in general X fandom) are really only letting this be a thing after Red Swan, which both Toshi and Yoshiki have both publicly address and put behind them (can we get a shout out for Poor Sugizo's guitar writing getting lost and buried?)

Toshi sued that tabloid for false reports on a band rift btw.

Everyone tells Yoshiki to rest his wrists but whenever he does something "other" to fill his time they hate him for it. I've been guilty of this before too but, now, we do have to look at who we're talking about too. If you stay up for 3 days straight like him and write scores on the airplane and edit in the studio between midnight and 8am, why can't you do a meeting on wine between 12noon and 2pm? It's not like he's the one uploading the articles and twitter updates on new wines being released. He has staff to do that.

Toshi has a cooking channel but you all don't hate him for his cupcakes  >:( Also, Sugizo did write and record for Red Swan and it was intended for that to be labeled X sooo....

- Neutered songs by lowering key (Rusty Nail, Kurenai, Silent Jealousy) in their most recent show at Makuhari Messe. Sounds flat and dreadful. I can't believe they've done that to such masterpieces.

That's really unfair of you, man. C'monnnn. I'm not going to even acknowledge this one further.

I COMPLETELY disagree. X is and always has been a fabulous band. I love, love, looooove their older music but something I noticed the other day, is that the older you get into their discography the more they sound like other bands; especially songs by Taiji and Pata and even hide early on. Now, you can tell it's X Japan. It is not the same X Japan even though it is. But they have SUCH a dynamic sound now... calling something lighter than it used to be does not mean it's worse than it used to be or not as good.

You did specify "rock" songs in your post. Do you feel that way because the songs aren't as heavy? I did share this on the discord app some time ago, that I was listening to IV with a friend in the car and he said, "wow, you like some heavy shit!"

X is still plenty heavy but very, very few people listen to or even MAKE thrash heavy metal anymore. And why should they? That's a bygone era. You can listen to X's lyrics and guitar riffs and tell exactly how heavy it still is. Hero is a pop rock song but would still be hard to get on the radio because the general public will recoil from mentions of suicide.

Melodically, lyrically, diversely, X is at the top of their game. There is so much variation in their songs now. Toshi is proving himself as a vocalist every day. His job is more demanding that it ever was before. Sugizo's guitar solo in Red Swan is BRILLIANT. Everyone wants that sweeping, complex guitar solo and we got it! The guitar in Jade is crunchy and heavy and full of attitude.... like... I don't know why.... this is so hard to hear for so many X fans.... please, grab my hand and step out of 1988 with me  ;D

I'll always remember this band for what they were and what they gave to me through their music but the future in my opinion is pretty grim for them. Label this post dramatic, silly, unfounded, or whatever pleases you. I'll always consider giving a listen to whatever they put out but I've removed all hopes and expectations. It will be what it will be.

I feel like each and every X fan has hit this point where they're just like... 'I'm waiting and waiting and waiting and I'm only disappointed and hurt by the outcome so I give up. Nice knowing you, loved what it was, but I hate you now-- see you when you're around. Peace.'

But... you'll feel differently. I really think even if you're frustration wants you to take a break for a few months or a year or however long it is until things go the way you want them to, you'll be back in full adoration fan mode when it finally comes.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Yohalo

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 10:18:16 AM
Thank you returner for your long and detailed comment. I think it is more sophisticated than most of the others.I agree with all you said  :)

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 11:04:53 AM
quote : "Toshi has a cooking channel but you all don't hate him for his cupcakes"

Probably not. I dislike his chocola and all cooking related thingy. Seriously. >:(

Offline hatsor

• Administrator
  • Rookie
  • Without music, life would be a mistake.-Nietzsche
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 11:32:16 AM
I have to disagree with the following.

Let me start off by saying that Yoshiki is the one getting the majority of attention now because he is the only one committed to living in the United States, where a band HAS TO BE to be global.

X is still plenty heavy but very, very few people listen to or even MAKE thrash heavy metal anymore. And why should they? That's a bygone era. You can listen to X's lyrics and guitar riffs and tell exactly how heavy it still is. Hero is a pop rock song but would still be hard to get on the radio because the general public will recoil from mentions of suicide.

A band doesn't have to be in the USA to have global success. I think that is a delusion and disreguarding most European, South American, Canadian and Asian bands. There are many, many bands that are from places that are not the US and have made great success worldwide. If you want I can even name them. What matters is how they spread/present themselves, not where they are located. Nightwish made global success while coming from Finland for example, and they are more or less as old as X. Why? They had good management and they toured like crazy, sometimes even 2 years nonstop, touring worldwide, that brings attention and that brings fans. As long as they have good management behind them and the will to sacrifice time and comfort to spread themselves, they could be coming from anywhere in the world.

Thrash is still being made, albeit in less quantities of course, but people still consume it greatly. There are millions of people who still listen to Metallica, even more so old Metallica, Megadeth and all that. The thing is, X-Japan was never thrash oriented, they have more symphonic/speed/power elements than thrash in their songs. Bands change and tastes change, that is correct. Maybe Yoshiki wants to do Popish Rock but I don't think thats the main interest of most X fans. Most X fans are metalheads, and although most are open to every type of music, or a casual more pop oriented song, we don't want a full pop mainstream sound. Because that's everything that X wasn't. X was inovation, X was a new kind of sound, discovering something unique and beautiful.

I can't speak for others but I can say that I don't want generic sounding music. I want to listen to a song and not feel like I have listened to it before because it is so similar to a thousand other songs that are already out there. Just like X did with their earlier stuff and has done with some recent songs too. New, refreshing and not like thousands of other songs that are already out there.

The Pop rock market is satured and honestly it's mostly bullshit, with some good exceptions.

I think it's idiotic to want to pursue fame like Pop or Pop Rock artists while sacrificing the nature of their sound and of the band itself in the way. I think they can be big with their sound and the way they are currently, they don't need to "sell out". They have a specific audience, and that's fine, if they are popular amongst that target audience, than that's fine. They don't need to be known by everyone like the regular shitty pop or rap artist. I think that's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:00:31 PM by hatsor »

I know not what tomorrow will bring. - F.P.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 12:32:25 PM

Hey one may dream, right?  ;D Haha.

Btw I 100% agree with what hatsor said.  :)

Oh and I agree with returner regarding the fact that the Toshi-Yoshiki relationship crisis is purely a rumor and probably completely made up. We should really leave this thing in the past.

But to be honest with all of you: I can understand the frustration of Long-term X fans very much. Even only being a fan of them for the last three years had enough of not fulfilled promises to get a bit hopeless reagarding their future... Imagine having to endure this for 10 or even 20+ years (thinking of magucathy rn)... but I also get how new(ish) X fans are pissed off by others being pissed off. XD I don't think that everything X and or Yoshiki did lately was shit. I like La Venus and even Red Swan a bit (even though it is very generic...). And you should feel free to express your opinions too and be cheerful and everything about X! We all love that band, okay!  ;D

Offline Kim Kyung Ho

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 03:28:46 PM
I'll always remember this band for what they were and what they gave to me through their music but the future in my opinion is pretty grim for them.

It's a good job you're not a Queen fan.

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 08:15:23 PM
Ugh another Yoshiki hate-boner post...

Literally nobody in this topic is hating on Yoshiki just for the sake of hating. You're confusing criticism with hate.

Let me start off by saying that Yoshiki is the one getting the majority of attention now because he is the only one committed to living in the United States, where a band HAS TO BE to be global.
This isn't true at all like hatsor said.

Toshi did not wish his international fans Happy New Year or even tell them about his album on his twitter.
Why is this a problem for you? I haven't seen anyone complain about this besides you.

If anything be fucking pissed off AT THE FUCKING OTHER MEMBERS for not giving 100 percent to the fucking band for fuck's sake. You're right, Yoshiki can't carry it alone. But for the last 10 years he's been forced to promote it that way almost 90 percent of the time.
Who says that they aren't giving 100% to the band? Have you ever considered that Yoshiki might not allow them to create new stuff? Everyone knows Yoshiki wants to control everything. I remember watching a clip from the We Are X documentary where Yoshiki specifically told Sugizo how to play a new guitar solo. If I remember correctly he said something like "Create something that hide would have created, or sounds like hide.'' I thought it was rude. What's the point of adding Sugizo to the band if he's not allowed to create anything on his own? Also, why do you want fans to attack the other members (especially Toshi)? Just curious.

Who cares if we have the album.
Obviously a lot of X Japan fans. Have you never been on Yoshiki's Facebook page before? LOL
Fans are constantly asking him when the new album is coming out.

Toshi has a cooking channel but you all don't hate him for his cupcakes  >:(
Again, why do you want fans to attack Toshi over something silly like cupcakes?

- That's really unfair of you, man. C'monnnn. I'm not going to even acknowledge this one further.
There is absolutely nothing "unfair" about someone not liking a song/performance. It's just their opinion. Let it be.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:19:38 PM by BLUE_BLOOD »

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 08:20:48 PM
Thank you returner for your long and detailed comment. I think it is more sophisticated than most of the others.I agree with all you said  :)

Yoshiki, is that you?  ;) Cursing is sophisticated to you? LOL

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 08:42:48 PM
Ugh another Yoshiki hate-boner post...

All aboard the Yoshiki-hate Train. The driver has arrived.
I hope you understand sarcasm

With all due respect to you because I know you're feeling disheartened but I'm just going to be as blunt as possible in responding to you. I don't mean this as a personal attack to you because you have every right to feel how you do. But for the sake of anyone else feeling the same way, I'm just going to respond honestly.
So do we all. I find your text wrong in so many levels but I really don't want you to take it personally.

He is not getting the majority of attention. He is getting all the attention. And this isn't because he wants to live in US. Is just because he wanted to. Nobody ever forced him to do it. He is the one who wanted to manage everything alone, he is the one who wants to be credited as genius, as the mastermind behind the successful band.

He is the only one who consistently interviews and posts in English. He is the only one who has opened a channel for international fans. Toshi and Sugizo both speak English. Pata might be able to understand it. Idk about Heath but if he knows it or understands it, we don't really know and they both have made zero effort to willingly engage with us as free agents of X Japan.
I agree that the other members could post in English as well. Sugizo knows english pretty well. AFAIK, even his daughter is american.

Yoshiki is WORKING on an international presence daily.
For himself. Not for X.
He works everyday to appear as the greatest motherfucker of japanese rock, as the articles (he paid to) say.

Sugizo does it as a courtesy and thank you to his international fans occasionally and during special occasions (New Years), and Toshi does it when the circumstance calls for it (tour interviews like NYC interview for MSG, We Are X documentary). Toshi did not wish his international fans Happy New Year or even tell them about his album on his twitter.
Because is what they live. They receive a gazillion messages in japanese and half a dozen in english. They will surely prioritize the japanese. We on X Freaks are exceptions. Most of people who listen to X casually outside of Japan know "that metal band of the crazy drummer and the pink haired guitarist".

EVERY X Japan member has their own agent and own label. They could easily be doing exactly what Yoshiki's doing and sign-on to do what he's doing WITH him if THEY CHOOSE TO. THEY DO NOT CHOOSE TO DO SO. THEY WILL NOT RELOCATE TO MAKE DOING SO MORE ACCESSIBLE AND PRACTICAL TO EACH INDIVIDUAL'S SCHEDULE.
There was a company who held all the rights of X. Each member has shares of this company. In about 2008 or 2009 this company was disintegrated and everything related to X belongs to Yoshiki. The members are now just hired musicians. Surely they will have their own management and if they agreed to sell their shares of the X JAPAN brand, is because they were quite well paid for it. And as Yoshiki is now the owner and likes to be known as "the one who does everything", he deserves to be blamed for what is wrong, as he is the one who decides.

Again, Yoshiki carries everything alone because he wanted to. Yoshiki is the one who wants to make all decisions, says he can't sleep or do anything because he "is working on the new album" and is always hanging out with his american buddies, recording with Marilyn Manson, Sarah Brightman, Hyde and whoever the fuck he wants to.
He is the boss. He can ask the members to do stuff if he wants to. But he doesn't want. He said a bajillino times he doesn't want. He wants to do everything alone. As Yoshiki himself said, "I wrote everything and give the papers to them. Take your guitar part, take your bass part".
The concert which could be the 10th anniversary of the reunion, was the "Yoshiki Ressurection Night", on which he shoved Wes Borland and Richard Fortus (I won't even say anything about Marilyn Manson at Coachella or I'll lose my shit here).

Who cares if we have the album.

I care.

We have new songs. The ones that have been officially released: IV, Jade, BTBF (not typical for X fans to like but it is GREAT live and you Love it in concert, La Venus ((loooove this song))) and unofficially released/played live: Beneath the Skin, Angel, Hero, Without You and a teaser of Kiss the Sky. Did I miss any?
You missed the point that releasing songs that can't be officialy listened anywhere is pointless. We know those songs because we watch pirated videos of their concerts. Jade and BTBF were released on streaming YEARS after being played exhaustively in concerts. And the other songs we only know by the bootlegs.

How can you want new fans, or to people to like your new songs, if you don't release them anywhere? "Kiss the Sky" is announced since 2014, we never heard it fully and Yoshiki still had the guts to ask people who didn't even knew the band to sing "wowowo" for a song that not even the hardcore fans know yet.

The reason I bring up unofficially released/teased songs is because bands do not typically play "not ready" tracks. That is something pretty specific and unique to X and is fucking wonderful and really kind and sweet to fans. We take that for granted. But a lot of fans from a lot of other fandoms who also have musicians who don't release music for years and years don't get to hear what their band is working on during lives. We do.
We search for torrents or cellphone recorded videos on Instagram because nothing is released anywhere. Even when something is posted on Youtube is removed within minutes because of copyright complaints issued by... "Japan Music Agency Ltd" or "X Project LLC", also known as Yoshiki and Yoshiki. I saw so many people complaining about it on other boards, or reddit, or whatever...

Speaking of which, we're obviously all still here which means there's more important to us than just the new album (like all their past music). This isn't a an issue unique to X Japan or even disbanded and then re-united artists. Robyn (Swedish pop artist) goes 5-8 years ON AVERAGE before releasing each album. Personally, I believe it's gotten to the point that X fans exist too much in the microcosm of this album's creation and yes, Yoshiki lied and that has a lot to do with our broken expectations. But let me remind everyone, too, that the original album intended to be released (english remake of songs with a few originals) was completely scrapped. That's at least 2-3 years worth of work gone because X was touring at that time. I refuse to believe that the bitching similar to what's found on here had nothing to do with that decision.

It was scrapped because Yoshiki wanted to. X reunited in 2007, we are going to 12 years of reunion with an album promised since day one.
Remember when in 2010 Toshi did his "last solo concert" to focus on X? And now he releases albums and DVDs all the time, and play concerts with songs that X fans asked for years and were never played since the reunion. Because if he didn't, he would be like Heath, hidden for years until Yoshiki decides to do something with X.
Sugizo has released albums, Ra:IN is always touring, Toshi released a crapload of singles, albums and DVDs. Meanwhile Yoshiki released Hello Kitty dolls, wines, kimonos, pachinko machines and curry spices. How he thinks he'll be recognized as an amazing musician when he releases everything but music? Paid articles saying how awesome he is won't make it.

Also, since I brought up the lying (which EVERYONE does so be careful about persecuting him!), try to understand being barraged by the same question for yearrrrs by fans and media alike. I'm sure he had every intention of the album being released earlier but things changed. What do you tell a kid on a road trip? "We'll be there soon... we'll be there soon... 5 more minutes," cue to 12 hours later after restroom stops, gas fill ups, stopping for lunch, and fixing the flat tire.
We are not talking about being late for an appointment. We are talking about promising something and make people lose actual money with it. The Wembley Concert was OK, but it wasn't annouced as an usual concert, but as "the X day", "the day when the album will be released". Some people lost money because booked hotels and flights for 2016, which was suddenly cancelled. Some people paid a shitload of money for the tickets which weren't cheap and no album was released.

And he didn't make it once.

It's already been mentioned that X releases concert dates last minute so this means nothing for 2019.

"X day" was announced more than an year in advance.

Purely tabloid bullshit and fans wanting to make drama out of inactivity. I also can't help but notice that some fans (bc lbr this is not an issue even being imagined in general X fandom) are really only letting this be a thing after Red Swan, which both Toshi and Yoshiki have both publicly address and put behind them (can we get a shout out for Poor Sugizo's guitar writing getting lost and buried?)
These rumours didn't appeared from nowhere. The awful management of this whole situation led to it.

Toshi sued that tabloid for false reports on a band rift btw.
I heard something about it.

Everyone tells Yoshiki to rest his wrists but whenever he does something "other" to fill his time they hate him for it. I've been guilty of this before too but, now, we do have to look at who we're talking about too. If you stay up for 3 days straight like him and write scores on the airplane and edit in the studio between midnight and 8am, why can't you do a meeting on wine between 12noon and 2pm? It's not like he's the one uploading the articles and twitter updates on new wines being released. He has staff to do that.

TWELVE
FUCKING
YEARS

How is this remotely related to the topic?

Also, Sugizo did write and record for Red Swan and it was intended for that to be labeled X sooo....
Which was an awful idea and I'm tired of explaining why. So awful that even Yoshiki changed it later.

This is quite bad but expected. Toshi isn't on his 20s anymore. I kinda liked how Rusty Nail and X sounded. Beneath the Skin was disastrous.

That's really unfair of you, man. C'monnnn. I'm not going to even acknowledge this one further.
It happens.

I COMPLETELY disagree.
I don't and if you think about how X was before Taiji and hide, then after Taiji left, then after hide and even think about Yoshiki's own statements, maybe you'll agree.
He is still an amazing composer. But hide and Taiji collaborating with the arrangements were a important part on X sound.

X is and always has been a fabulous band. I love, love, looooove their older music but something I noticed the other day, is that the older you get into their discography the more they sound like other bands; especially songs by Taiji and Pata and even hide early on. Now, you can tell it's X Japan. It is not the same X Japan even though it is. But they have SUCH a dynamic sound now... calling something lighter than it used to be does not mean it's worse than it used to be or not as good.
Their "new sound" is just Yoshiki's ideas who didn't went well and were recycled. Hero, Angel, Rockstar/Mary Mona Lisa, were just songs that he wrote for Violet UK but he wasn't able to release anything for a project which is basically himself alone for 19 years. So he just put in an X album which also will be never released.

You did specify "rock" songs in your post. Do you feel that way because the songs aren't as heavy? I did share this on the discord app some time ago, that I was listening to IV with a friend in the car and he said, "wow, you like some heavy shit!"

No. The ballads aren't heavy and are also great songs. Isn't about being heavy, it's about not being the same gallop drums+guitar riff from a teenage which just learnt how to play+rain/rose/the end/pain of the world. BTBF it's so poorly composed that sounds childish.

Melodically, lyrically, diversely, X is at the top of their game. There is so much variation in their songs now. Toshi is proving himself as a vocalist every day. His job is more demanding that it ever was before. Sugizo's guitar solo in Red Swan is BRILLIANT. Everyone wants that sweeping, complex guitar solo and we got it! The guitar in Jade is crunchy and heavy and full of attitude.... like... I don't know why.... this is so hard to hear for so many X fans.... please, grab my hand and step out of 1988 with me  ;D
Red Swan solo isn't "sweeping, complex". It's just a good guitar solo, which fits with a popish song like is Red Swan. I liked it, but it's quite far from a "complex guitar solo".
And a "complex" song doesn't mean a song is good. Hero is a simple song and it's good. Drain is a simple song and it's good. Desperate Angel is a complex song and I think is one of the weakest X songs ever.

I'll always remember this band for what they were and what they gave to me through their music
We all do. That's why we still spend our time discussing here.

but the future in my opinion is pretty grim for them. Label this post dramatic, silly, unfounded, or whatever pleases you. I'll always consider giving a listen to whatever they put out but I've removed all hopes and expectations. It will be what it will be.[/i]
I think the band is already dead again. They're just delaying the funeral.

I feel like each and every X fan has hit this point where they're just like... 'I'm waiting and waiting and waiting and I'm only disappointed and hurt by the outcome so I give up. Nice knowing you, loved what it was, but I hate you now-- see you when you're around. Peace.'
After years of lies, postponements, cancellations (which for some people mean a huge amount of money spent), it makes sense.

But... you'll feel differently. I really think even if you're frustration wants you to take a break for a few months or a year or however long it is until things go the way you want them to, you'll be back in full adoration fan mode when it finally comes.
I hope so.
They were in a pretty bad shape in 2009, with concerts full of playbacks and huge Yoshikitties on Tokyo Dome. Then they have improved A LOT and seeing them live in 2011 was really special for me and brought back all the hope.

X nowadays is something like:

- Concert will start. All the spotlights on the amazing drummer.

- A movie about this amazing japanese musician.

- Did I already say that this japanese guy is the most motherfucking awesome musician in Japan? He just came alone to receive an award for his band.

- OH GOD HOW AMAZING IS THIS DRUM GUY. Looks like there is a band anywhere on the stage.

And some stuff like:
- Summer Sonic 2011: A japanese music festival, which happen in two different cities in Japan, was broadcasted in a japanese TV Channel. And Yoshiki gaves an interview alone, speaking for the band. In english.
- Makuhari 2018: Before the drum solo, videos from BBC talking about his health condition. Was this intended to show how popular he is outside of Japan? Because he isn't.

The "Bio" section of the band's site has six mentions to Yoshiki, including

In January 2017, band leader Yoshiki held 2 sold-out concerts at Carnegie Hall, performing original classical compositions and orchestral versions of X Japan’s songs with the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra.

And the cringy
Yoshiki is finalizing X Japan's first new studio album in over 22 years, which the acclaimed musician promised Billboard Magazine "will bring rock back to the mainstream again".

So as previously said, nobody here "hates" Yoshiki. We're all fans of his work. But he isn't perfect and deserves some criticism.
He just need to focus. He wants his band to be famous worldwide? He need to do music. Not self advertising of himself. A band grows when everyone works together to make it grow.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:07:05 PM by Joker »

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 09:47:12 PM
Who cares if we have the album. We have new songs. The ones that have been officially released: IV, Jade, BTBF (not typical for X fans to like but it is GREAT live and you Love it in concert, La Venus ((loooove this song))) and unofficially released/played live: Beneath the Skin, Angel, Hero, Without You and a teaser of Kiss the Sky. Did I miss any?

Scarlet Love Song.

But we couldn't buy any of them ;____;
maybe I'm old, but I want something in my hand... with a booklet... for my shelf...

Officially released are I.V., Scarlet Love Song -Buddha Mix-, Jade and BTBF. Fair point, I do have a Vinyl with La Venus (WE ARE X OST).

I don't want to say something to the other parts because most of it were covered by hatsor, blue blood and Joker.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:51:16 PM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 17, 2019, 12:05:51 AM

He is not getting the majority of attention. He is getting all the attention. And this isn't because he wants to live in US. Is just because he wanted to. Nobody ever forced him to do it. He is the one who wanted to manage everything alone, he is the one who wants to be credited as genius, as the mastermind behind the successful band.

Where are you getting the evidence that he wants sole attention and that's why he's getting it? Are Toshi and Pata and Heath and Sugizo incapable of taking interviews? Is there an official document you've seen stating that Yoshiki is the only authorized speaker for the band and that other members are under no circumstance allowed to speak about band activities without him present? Why don't the other members make themselves available to international fans or talk about X Japan on their own time/social media if they want the attention, too? It's because they don't want it. They don't want to be bothered.

"Yoshiki is WORKING on an international presence daily." For himself. Not for X.
He works everyday to appear as the greatest motherfucker of japanese rock, as the articles (he paid to) say.

See it's this kind of attitude that makes it blatant that this is a hateboner post. He's working to appear as the greatest motherfucker? What the actual fuck? He's a public figure of a rock band, of course he's going to promote himself on his social media and in interviews and use X and his name interchangeably. He mentions X all the time so of course he's pushing them.

Also, you keep mentioning "paid" as if it's a bad thing  ;D ::) Are you trying to discredit or humiliate him or something? That's how entertainment works. Sorry if you feel slighted because Yoshiki's doing it along with 100% of everyone else you listen to and have listened to ever. Toshi did it for his book undoubtedly because the Japanese public view him a certain way because of his HOA scandal. Kim Kardashian, the most famous person in the United States right now, gets her mommy to do it daily. It doesn't matter how big or famous you are, celebs will ALWAYS pay for positive press~

Sugizo does it as a courtesy and thank you to his international fans occasionally and during special occasions (New Years), and Toshi does it when the circumstance calls for it (tour interviews like NYC interview for MSG, We Are X documentary). Toshi did not wish his international fans Happy New Year or even tell them about his album on his twitter.
Because is what they live. They receive a gazillion messages in japanese and half a dozen in english. They will surely prioritize the japanese. We on X Freaks are exceptions. Most of people who listen to X casually outside of Japan know "that metal band of the crazy drummer and the pink haired guitarist".

Doesn't matter if that's where they live. People here have said Yoshiki is to blame for living in the US when the rest of the band functions out of Japan and that they could easily make it global from Japan. If the other members want to stay in Japan and make it international they have to play the game too, not only when they're traveling abroad. No entertainer who speaks english and is shooting for an international audience has any excuse for not posting in english regularly for their job. None. They choose not to do it. That's on them.

There was a company who held all the rights of X. Each member has shares of this company. In about 2008 or 2009 this company was disintegrated and everything related to X belongs to Yoshiki. The members are now just hired musicians. Surely they will have their own management and if they agreed to sell their shares of the X JAPAN brand, is because they were quite well paid for it. And as Yoshiki is now the owner and likes to be known as "the one who does everything", he deserves to be blamed for what is wrong, as he is the one who decides.

If you wanna label Yoshiki's sole ownership as him "liking to be known as the one who does everything" then you must also acknowledge that the remaining members who sold all their rights have no interest in an active input or desire to be known to do anything. Which is exactly the image you see in X Japan now. Yoshiki doing everything and the members showing up when they're told to. That's also on them.

Again, Yoshiki carries everything alone because he wanted to.

You just said the members sold all their rights to X Japan. Sounds like they wanted NOT to do anything.

Yoshiki is the one who wants to make all decisions, says he can't sleep or do anything because he "is working on the new album" and is always hanging out with his american buddies, recording with Marilyn Manson, Sarah Brightman, Hyde and whoever the fuck he wants to.
He is the boss. He can ask the members to do stuff if he wants to. But he doesn't want. He said a bajillino times he doesn't want. He wants to do everything alone. As Yoshiki himself said, "I wrote everything and give the papers to them. Take your guitar part, take your bass part".

That's how it's been since the 90s. They had no problem with it then so why now? Also, if that's how the members agreed to make it work and they like that than why are you taking it upon yourself to label it a negative?

The concert which could be the 10th anniversary of the reunion, was the "Yoshiki Ressurection Night", on which he shoved Wes Borland and Richard Fortus (I won't even say anything about Marilyn Manson at Coachella or I'll lose my shit here).

Sugizo wasn't even an official member of the band yet.... guest guitarists were the thing... Sugizo, Wes Borland and Richard Fortus were ALL guest guitarists because X didn't know how they were going to go forward with hide's position while being sensitive to him and the fans. That doesn't make it a Yoshiki Reunion Night.

How can you want new fans, or to people to like your new songs, if you don't release them anywhere? "Kiss the Sky" is announced since 2014, we never heard it fully and Yoshiki still had the guts to ask people who didn't even knew the band to sing "wowowo" for a song that not even the hardcore fans know yet.

This is a problem that I will full-heartedly agree with.

We search for torrents or cellphone recorded videos on Instagram because nothing is released anywhere. Even when something is posted on Youtube is removed within minutes because of copyright complaints issued by... "Japan Music Agency Ltd" or "X Project LLC", also known as Yoshiki and Yoshiki. I saw so many people complaining about it on other boards, or reddit, or whatever...

There are still tons of uploads from concerts all throughout the years of many unreleased songs still up. Idky some are being taken down and others aren't but they're easily searchable so it's clear there isn't a scavenger hunt going on by Yoshiki to remove all X related, unofficial media.

It was scrapped because Yoshiki wanted to.

Orrr because fans were bitching about not getting original songs instead and that we only like the old songs the traditional way. The fandom was very vocal about that. That's why I said I have no doubt that our bitching had something to do with that decision. Whether it was up to Yoshiki or not... whatever... like I said in another comment, if the entire band has agreed to and wants the band to function that way, why are you trying to push that as a negative? Why are you trying to push your will on their own free will and insist it should be done another way after 30 years and specifically blaming the writer for that?

We are not talking about being late for an appointment. We are talking about promising something and make people lose actual money with it. The Wembley Concert was OK, but it wasn't annouced as an usual concert, but as "the X day", "the day when the album will be released". Some people lost money because booked hotels and flights for 2016, which was suddenly cancelled. Some people paid a shitload of money for the tickets which weren't cheap and no album was released.

That's a different situation and I understand completely why people will be pissed about that forever. I was referencing the album release the times when it wasn't given an official date. How it kept getting pushed back but it was never given an official time anyway (besides X Day) and fans always tried to take it on themselves as official, and that's how we ended up sooo disappointed. Not just that one time with Wembley, but again and again and again. Because someone saying, "we're looking to release it around March of next year," is not the same as saying, "the release date is 4/22/2020! Buy pre-release! Tour dates to be added soon!" But we treated them the same.

"X day" was announced more than an year in advance.

Ok but the comment was about the fact that no tour has been released for 2019. We are only 16 days into 2019. X has been known to release concert dates only months in advance so there's no telling what 2019 will bring on that front.

How is this remotely related to the topic?

How do you not understand how it is? Yoshiki wine= evil because it's not the album. Toshi cooking= so cute and so cool even though it's not the album!

It happens.

Exactly, it happens. It's not something the band can control or pre-ordain.

Their "new sound" is just Yoshiki's ideas who didn't went well and were recycled. Hero, Angel, Rockstar/Mary Mona Lisa, were just songs that he wrote for Violet UK but he wasn't able to release anything for a project which is basically himself alone for 19 years. So he just put in an X album which also will be never released.

If they "didn't go well" they wouldn't be getting put on the X Japan album.
VUK was being written and recorded before X's split so saying that his ideas are bad now but they used to be so great doesn't hold up.

I think the band is already dead again. They're just delaying the funeral.

Honest question... then why are you here? Why not just some time in the future when you randomly think of the band/music you used to listen to years from now, go check in on X with a quick google search and see if the album ever got released? Less stress, no hate, no drama.

After years of lies, postponements, cancellations (which for some people mean a huge amount of money spent), it makes sense.

Never said it didn't. But all the cancellations are not on one person. Blame Yoshiki for Wembley even with Pata's medical problem, because of the album. But don't blame him for every single cancelled concert. That's not the reality but he gets blamed for it.

X nowadays is something like:

- Concert will start. All the spotlights on the amazing drummer.

It's almost like X is trying to have a dramatic opening or something  :o

- A movie about this amazing japanese musician.

Cool photo. Guy is nameless. Gen pop won't know who random shadow man is.

- Did I already say that this japanese guy is the most motherfucking awesome musician in Japan? He just came alone to receive an award for his band.

The rest of the band could have flown to accept the award. I wonder why none of them cleared their schedule or bothered to fly? It's almost like they decided NOT to attend something. Apparently it wasn't important to them like it was to Yoshiki.

- OH GOD HOW AMAZING IS THIS DRUM GUY. Looks like there is a band anywhere on the stage.

Gasp, was this the stage set up for every X Japan live in 2017? No? Surely that's the arrangement they decided on for all future concerts in 2018, then, and that's why they were like that there. No? You mean the 3 nights at Makuhari didn't also have the drum set front and center with the other members in the back? Omg it's almost like they were at a yearly celebratory event with 100 other artists and were told where they'd be set up on stage to make switching in and out for the next act easier or something! Fucking bastuds.

And some stuff like:
- Summer Sonic 2011: A japanese music festival, which happen in two different cities in Japan, was broadcasted in a japanese TV Channel. And Yoshiki gaves an interview alone, speaking for the band. In english.

Idky you think saying stuff like this proves anything or is a negative. You said that because the other members are IN Japan and their fans are Japanese, that's why they don't speak english. Yet, Yoshiki, even while he's in Japan, makes sure to communicate in english for the international market- what X has agreed to aim for. The other members live there. They easily could have attended. I don't understand why just because Yoshiki did it alone, your mind jumps to "the X Japan dictator has stolen yet another interview!" My mind jumps to... why did the other members choose not to do these ones too. They're in Japan ffs. Why do they not engage. Why do they make Yoshiki do everything.

- Makuhari 2018: Before the drum solo, videos from BBC talking about his health condition. Was this intended to show how popular he is outside of Japan? Because he isn't.

Lol... ok?  ::)

The "Bio" section of the band's site has six mentions to Yoshiki, including

In January 2017, band leader Yoshiki held 2 sold-out concerts at Carnegie Hall, performing original classical compositions and orchestral versions of X Japan’s songs with the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra.

It's weird if you read it alone but not if you read the entire biography. It's a list of accomplishments achieved by the band in chronological order. Carnegie Hall and the Philharmonic Orchestra are both 2 milestones that are not easily achieved. If anyone is drawn to X Japan's music from, say, Sugizo's violin and looks at that, they will know that the band itself has a impressive classical backing partly thanks to one of its accomplished members.

And the cringy
Yoshiki is finalizing X Japan's first new studio album in over 22 years, which the acclaimed musician promised Billboard Magazine "will bring rock back to the mainstream again".

I don't know about you but I get excited hearing that. That makes me look even more forward to the album. Britney Spears' producer for her upcoming album said it will have, "Chill bops. Full on bops. The whole spectrum of bops!" So we know it's going to be a super hyped, fun album that those who like club or dance music can be happy waiting for expectantly. Yoshiki did the same thing but stating that it will bring back rock. I love that he said that.

He wants his band to be famous worldwide? He need to do music. A band grows when everyone works together to make it grow.

I won't argue with those points at all and agree completely. But that does mean that the other members need to try every now and then too.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:09:30 AM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 02:25:11 AM
After Yoshiki surgery, Toshi and Sugizo stepped up and did all the song arrangements and everything related to the concerts and it turned out pretty well. They did it because Yoshiki couldn’t, if not he’d do his way. HE said himself how HE decided to change the whole Wembley setlist the morning of the concert, HE said he told the other members “I decided to change it. It’s this”, he clearly gives no space to the other members.

Nobody is hating on Yoshiki, it’s all criticism based on facts. Returner, you, on the other hand, are hating on the other members for no reason other than to defend Yoshiki. You’re just a blind fangirl.

Joker already said everything else I think on the matter.

EDIT: Sugizo and Toshl release new music constantly, I’m pretty sure they would like to write for X Japan. Some Toshi songs sound more X Japan than current X Japan.

I think it’s very rude to assume they don’t give 100%. All of them have put the last 12 years of their life into recording the album, it’s not only yoshiki’s album, it’s other people’s effort and he is wasting it. In conversations between Yoshiki, Sugizo and Toshi is very obvious that YOSHIKI is the one holding back the album, they keep asking him stuff like “Yoshiki, can we please release the album this year?”

Sugizo does many things and he literally runs back to X Japan whenever Yoshiki decides he wants to stop fooling around like a Kardashian. No matter how busy he is, he is always there. What does Yoshiki do that he is SOOOO busy that he can’t sleep? Literally everyone else does 1000x more things. X Japan never does anything, he never does anything either.

IT’S BEEN 12 YEARS! What’s the excuse for Violet UK? It’s been 19 years. Who is to blame but Yoshiki? Exact same thing.

I love X Japan. I love Yoshiki, I really do but that doesn’t mean I am blind. I’m not hating on Yoshiki, what makes me upset are the Yoshiki apologists, more than Yoshiki himself.

P.S2: The others members can’t try if X Japan isn’t actually doing anything.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 02:41:47 AM by pt_93 »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 02:44:49 AM
Also, you keep mentioning "paid" as if it's a bad thing  ;D ::)
Because it is. "Geniuses" are recognized by their actual work, not for how much they pay to magazines to speak about him.

Are you trying to discredit or humiliate him or something? That's how entertainment works. Sorry if you feel slighted because Yoshiki's doing it along with 100% of everyone else you listen to and have listened to ever. Toshi did it for his book undoubtedly because the Japanese public view him a certain way because of his HOA scandal. Kim Kardashian, the most famous person in the United States right now, gets her mommy to do it daily. It doesn't matter how big or famous you are, celebs will ALWAYS pay for positive press~

Take two seconds of your time to think about what you just said.
You just compared Yoshiki, a hugely talented musician (yeah, he is an amazing musician, he is just a bad manager) to Kim Kardashian.

I can't argue with this.

Doesn't matter if that's where they live. People here have said Yoshiki is to blame for living in the US ...
And again, living in US isn't essential to be succesful worldwide. Let me give you an example: Deep Purple.
They're british. Ian Gillan, their vocalist, lives in Portugal. Roger Glover, their bassist, lives in Switzerland. For years. They are extremely successful worldwide and were since the 70s, when nobody ever talked about internet.

Each X member could live in a different planet, they could be famous worldwide if they do what bands are meant to do: play.

If you wanna label Yoshiki's sole ownership as him "liking to be known as the one who does everything" then you must also acknowledge that the remaining members who sold all their rights have no interest in an active input or desire to be known to do anything. Which is exactly the image you see in X Japan now. Yoshiki doing everything and the members showing up when they're told to. That's also on them.

The other members are simply not doing anything. Yoshiki is the one who appears and lies. If he is the only one who does anything and does it bad, that's only on him.

That's how it's been since the 90s.
No it wasn't.

They had no problem with it then so why now?
They still don't have. It doesn't mean that it is working.

Also, if that's how the members agreed to make it work and they like that than why are you taking it upon yourself to label it a negative?
Because it is negative. A band work is good when everyone works together.

Sugizo wasn't even an official member of the band yet....
Yeah he was. I'm talking about 2018 Zepp Concerts, which were LITERALLY NAMED "YOSHIKI RESSURRECTION NIGHT".

There are still tons of uploads from concerts all throughout the years of many unreleased songs still up. Idky some are being taken down and others aren't but they're easily searchable so it's clear there isn't a scavenger hunt going on by Yoshiki to remove all X related, unofficial media.
When you doesn't release stuff and doesn't allow people to share your stuff, you can't complain if nobody knows your work.

Orrr because fans were bitching about not getting original songs instead and that we only like the old songs the traditional way.
He could release if he wanted to. Or if he ever did recorded it. The only thing we ever knew about this album is that half-baked Tears recording of the end of the concerts, which is literally the same recording of 1993 with just the first verses re-recorded in english. The rest of the song is literally the 1993 single, the same media.

The fandom was very vocal about that. That's why I said I have no doubt that our bitching had something to do with that decision.
1-If he did release anything, people would buy, people who didn't knew them would know. He wouldn't lose.
2-And no matter how many people complain, the majority is still people who are unable to see anything wrong in anything Yoshiki does. Ever.
He messed up? Just made some hide drama and his "nurses" will cry with him.

I said in another comment, if the entire band has agreed to and wants the band to function that way, why are you trying to push that as a negative?
Because it is clearly not working.

Why are you trying to push your will on their own free will and insist it should be done another way after 30 years
I'm not trying to push anything. I'm giving my opinion.
You are the one trying to push your will down to us.

and specifically blaming the writer for that?
Because he is the boss. The boss has responsabilities.

That's a different situation and I understand completely why people will be pissed about that forever. I was referencing the album release the times when it wasn't given an official date. How it kept getting pushed back but it was never given an official time anyway (besides X Day) and fans always tried to take it on themselves as official, and that's how we ended up sooo disappointed.

2018: He says that the next (as yet untitled) album will be released some time this year
2017: "It is definitely coming out this year. There is no doubt,"
2016: f everything goes well, I would say this fall, like October or something like that.
2015: The album will be released in March 11 2016. (curiously, posted on JRR, also owned by Yoshiki).
2014: “We are aiming to finish the album by next spring, then release the album by next summer and start touring almost the same time.
2011 (as they had literally zero activities in 2012 and 2013): In January of this year, X Japan signed a new album deal with EMI Records and announced that they would be releasing a new album during the summer.

Not just that one time with Wembley, but again and again and again. Because someone saying, "we're looking to release it around March of next year," is not the same as saying, "the release date is 4/22/2020! Buy pre-release! Tour dates to be added soon!" But we treated them the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDOqwN5Vb4
(curiously posted on Yoshiki channel, because X has an official channel on which the only update since 2012 is the cover picture, showing the cover of We are X. No videos since then).

How do you not understand how it is? Yoshiki wine= evil because it's not the album. Toshi cooking= so cute and so cool even though it's not the album!
He did his part. All vocal parts were already recorded. His and Marilyn Manson.
Yoshiki himself says that the album is recorded, mixed and everything. And he doesn't release because doesn't want to. So it's all on him.

If they "didn't go well" they wouldn't be getting put on the X Japan album.
If they "did well" they would be released and performed sometime in those 20 years he announces he'll do it.

VUK was being written and recorded before X's split so saying that his ideas are bad now but they used to be so great doesn't hold up.
Sense: this sentence makes none.

Honest question... then why are you here?
This is a discussion board. People are here to discuss, present different opinions, different points of view, share stuff. It doesn't mean that I should agree 100% with everything.

Why not just some time in the future when you randomly think of the band/music you used to listen to years from now, go check in on X with a quick google search and see if the album ever got released? Less stress, no hate, no drama.
I'm no stressed at all.

Never said it didn't. But all the cancellations are not on one person. Blame Yoshiki for Wembley even with Pata's medical problem, because of the album. But don't blame him for every single cancelled concert. That's not the reality but he gets blamed for it.
He doesn't gets blamed for every single concert. Just most of them. Because it was mostly mismanagement.
There were two concerts announced in Saitama Super Arena still in 2008. Cancelled. Paris was cancelled once due to his health issues, understandable. And two more times due to mismanagement. Even after people had already bought tickets and stuff.

There weren't even so many cancellations. There were most empty promises.
It's almost like X is trying to have a dramatic opening or something  :o
A dramatic opening for the drummer. Who cares about the rest of the band?

The rest of the band could have flown to accept the award. I wonder why none of them cleared their schedule or bothered to fly? It's almost like they decided NOT to attend something. Apparently it wasn't important to them like it was to Yoshiki.
Oh god...

Omg it's almost like they were at a yearly celebratory event with 100 other artists and were told where they'd be set up on stage to make switching in and out for the next act easier or something! Fucking bastuds.
Seriously? You still think it was this way because it was easier for switching?

Yet, Yoshiki, even while he's in Japan, makes sure to communicate in english for the international market- what X has agreed to aim for.
Why in the flying fuck he would do it talking to japanese people, in a japanese festival happening in japanese cities with japanese people watching in a TV which was only broadcasted in Japan?

I don't know about you but I get excited hearing that.
I don't, mostly of people here also don't. Because the acclaimed musician says this for 12 years

But that does mean that the other members need to try every now and then too.
If the boss wants, he can make everyone work.

Someday your honeymoon will be over.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 05:15:42 PM by Joker »

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 02:55:24 AM
Toshi cooks but he also releases 38472949104 things a year. He is allowed to do things while X Japan is doing NOTHING at all, which is what they do 95% of the time. Maybe if Toshi and Yoshiki switched places X Japan would release music and play, like a band is supposed to do.

Everyone did their part for the album. Yoshiki is just holding it hostage, let me repeat his own words: “I just can’t release it”.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 02:57:04 AM by pt_93 »

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 03:21:51 AM
Returner your post is kind of junk. Hes a multi millionaire who could put out a record in months if it was a real priority for him.

Who cares if we have the album? We do. We DONT havr the songs. We have a version of La Venus without any of the guitars or bass and a minute of the full version over the movie credits, we have only live recordings of Hero and Beneath the Skin, Angel will probably be different in the studio with guitars, we dont have Kiss the Sky or Rockstar aside from tiny snippets.

IV shouldn't even be on the album, its an ancient song now. Same with BTBF and Jade

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 06:50:45 AM
g96429#msg96429 date=1547683551]
Take two seconds of your time to think about what you just said.
You just compared Yoshiki, a hugely talented musician (yeah, he is an amazing musician, he is just a bad manager) to Kim Kardashian.

I can't argue with this.

Oh God, you're one of those  ::)

I'm gonna be honest. I just stopped reading your post halfway thru because I can't take listening to a one-sided, know it all who insists their opinion is the only one because they vocalize those opinions in an echo chamber. You got rude and you got rude on purpose because you can't be fucking normal and just accept some X fans will ALWAYS view things differently than you. We get it, Joker, we all know you're great at being a keyboard bitch with an attitude and you don't need to swing it around like the big dick you wish you had.

You hate Yoshiki apologists. Anyone who has anything different to say to your opinion on him or the dynamics of the band can instantly be written off or talked down to or disproved based on your own opinions and feelings on things and lumped into the same fans who use "nurse" on twitter. Are you EVER going to come out of 2011 and stop grouping the entire X Fandom who has nothing against Yoshiki into that, btw?

You keep saying how the band only works with 100% band effort. (nice job not responding to my points about members willingly selling their shares of the band so they don't have to be as active, or skipping out on interviews IN Japan, or not speaking english on their social media just because they live there when Yoshiki will even speak english during a Japanese interview based out of Japan). I'm not hating on the other band members for that and I already stated that it's their right but that needs to be acknowledged as a negative affect on the band. If you want to use their own inactivity towards the international fanbase and label it as my hate go ahead, it will obviously make your day better because that's just what you do. I however see faults in both sides but fans (or should I just say the X Freaks on this forum?) are just never quite willing to have an actual conversation here regarding what could be improved or fixed with the band unless it has to do with Yoshiki.

Tact? You have none.

Pt_93. Everyone did NOT do their part because only one member is ever promoting or interviewing. I am NOT a blind fangirl and agreed with Joker on several points but, woah, big shock, for the sake of lumping anyone who supports or speaks logically regarding both sides, you as well as many posters here blatantly forget that/overlook it/ignore it/just plain don't even fucking see it because of your hate blinders, for the sake of your own agenda. Anything to disregard and shut down anyone with opposing views. This is not the first time you guys have done this. You do this EVERY time.

axlroseX. Go borrow Sugizo's violin and shrink it down for me to play for you.

I've never been in a fandom as unpleasant as this one and you fuckers are really good at doing that to not only me now but any new fans who come here and anyone who speaks out in a way that doesn't specifically mold into the silent, unwritten, biased climate here.

Great job guys. "Your post sucks" "I can't comprehend what you're trying to say so instead of asking for an explanation I'm just gonna say you make no sense." "Omg you mean metal music isn't the only thing you listen to and you pay attention to pop culture? loserrr" Ugh you guys are fucking LAME.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 07:45:04 AM by returner »

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 07:19:08 AM
What the hell is going on? People pleaaaase calm down. Insults are not getting us anywhere, returner. Please all be careful of your language. I will eventually reply to everything here later, but for now please just calm down...