Kasumi · 3851

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
on: January 06, 2019, 06:39:31 PM
Yoshiki gave an interview lately in which he also talked about the album and about the right time and way to release it and some other stuff.

Original Interview here:
https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000163252

Someone on twitter has been working on a translation and since some of you might be interested in knowing what he said, here you can read the fan-translation:
https://twitter.com/sherry_kokoro/status/1081829335529512960?s=19

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 07:05:53 PM
I said it on Discord and I'll repeat here: This may be the biggest amount of bullshit he ever said publicly.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 07:20:13 PM
I will not read it, I'm sure I would regret it.

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 08:31:50 PM

I regret reading it.

What a lying asshole, I’m so done with this shit. A couple of days ago he answered me he just “can’t” release the album. No explanations.

I’m so fucking tired of people trying to explain his behavior and saying we have to understand him. He is not the only person, celebrity or not, with issues but it’s always poor yoshiki blabla guess what? Mental issues is not an excuse to be an asshole.

Once again, the other members have also put 10 years of his life into this, it’s their work too. It’s unfair to them, I’m surprised they have last this long. They also have their own personal issues but they release music and don’t bullshit. Look at Toshi, he went through hell but you know what? He got his shit together and he doesn’t try to make people feel bad for him, unlike Yoshiki.

The other members also felt the loss of hide and Taiji. Again, they don’t use self pity to manipulate fans, because that’s what he does. No matter what you think of Red Swan, many people were upset about it and he obviously reads the comments so he knew it. He fucked up, instead of coming out and say something about it, he just posted a video of hide saying how much he missed him, obvious tactic to make people feel bad for him.

The worst part is that people still buy into his bullshit.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 11:47:07 PM

I regret reading it.

What a lying asshole, I’m so done with this shit. A couple of days ago he answered me he just “can’t” release the album. No explanations.

I’m so fucking tired of people trying to explain his behavior and saying we have to understand him. He is not the only person, celebrity or not, with issues but it’s always poor yoshiki blabla guess what? Mental issues is not an excuse to be an asshole.

Once again, the other members have also put 10 years of his life into this, it’s their work too. It’s unfair to them, I’m surprised they have last this long. They also have their own personal issues but they release music and don’t bullshit. Look at Toshi, he went through hell but you know what? He got his shit together and he doesn’t try to make people feel bad for him, unlike Yoshiki.

The other members also felt the loss of hide and Taiji. Again, they don’t use self pity to manipulate fans, because that’s what he does. No matter what you think of Red Swan, many people were upset about it and he obviously reads the comments so he knew it. He fucked up, instead of coming out and say something about it, he just posted a video of hide saying how much he missed him, obvious tactic to make people feel bad for him.

The worst part is that people still buy into his bullshit.

Thanks for expressing all my anger about this subject.
I wouldn't have explained so well.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 11:59:35 PM
Thanks for expressing all my anger about this subject.
I wouldn't have explained so well.

tbh until a few months ago I didn't understand why you got so upset but now I do. Before stuff Yoshiki did annoyed me but what angers me more nowadays is not only Yoshiki himself but when people try to portrait him as the misunderstood victim.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 03:01:24 AM
What the hell did I just read.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 06:07:55 AM
I haven't read it, yet.  I probably will, later.  Guessing from everyone's responses, I can imagine what is being said, though.

Yoshiki, I am sure you read these threads and the feelings your fans have.  We love you.  Remember that, above all else.  But, you need to stop making excuses.  People begin to lose respect.  No one likes a liar.  The truth is the only thing that can set you free.  You must tell the truth no matter what.  The truth will always come out in the end and you don't want to make your fans any more angry or upset, do you? We already are, and it will only get worse unless you just tell the truth and stop this run of one excuse after another after another.  It's been 10 years.   We are tired of the excuses.  Just tell the truth, for once and for all.  In the end, you will feel better about it, yourself! Please, if not for us, for yourself.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 10:09:34 AM
Not that I particularly feel like white-knighting him, but upon reading the whole thing I came up with the two most likely possibilities:

1. He's lost his mind

2. There's label/legal/money/staff/band/whatever problems going on that we don't know about

If #1 applies, then honestly, I feel for him, but someone please hand the controls over to someone else already. He's still a great musician and performer, but can't be trusted with core decisions anymore. At first glance I'd say hand the leadership over to Sugizo, since Toshi is very busy with his own career.

If #2 applies, hppe they sort the thing out because seriously, what a waste of time, money and talent, and most importantly, what a waste of a loyal, devoted fanbase.

Option #3: Yoshiki really sucks at his bandleader job and he's just making bad decision after bad decision. Maybe. If that's the case, someone call all hands on deck and apply solution #1. 

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 03:11:01 PM
Not that I particularly feel like white-knighting him, but upon reading the whole thing I came up with the two most likely possibilities:

1. He's lost his mind

2. There's label/legal/money/staff/band/whatever problems going on that we don't know about

If #1 applies, then honestly, I feel for him, but someone please hand the controls over to someone else already. He's still a great musician and performer, but can't be trusted with core decisions anymore. At first glance I'd say hand the leadership over to Sugizo, since Toshi is very busy with his own career.

If #2 applies, hppe they sort the thing out because seriously, what a waste of time, money and talent, and most importantly, what a waste of a loyal, devoted fanbase.

Option #3: Yoshiki really sucks at his bandleader job and he's just making bad decision after bad decision. Maybe. If that's the case, someone call all hands on deck and apply solution #1.

Very well said.  If it's not #2, then go for #3 ASAP cause we just can't lose this!

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 07:30:31 PM
Every time something new appears about Yoshiki and X, I notice how important hide and Taiji were.
Yoshiki isn't the amazing leader he tries to make everyone believe he is. He couldn't make X become what he is if it wasn't for them.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 12:15:16 PM
Every time something new appears about Yoshiki and X, I notice how important hide and Taiji were.
Yoshiki isn't the amazing leader he tries to make everyone believe he is. He couldn't make X become what he is if it wasn't for them.
I agree. Taiji and hide were very important. They're missed very much...

As I read the first few sentences of this interview I thought "oh this might be a nice interview" and "if the album is his baby he must care very much about it, so it's a good sign", but as I kept reading my mind changed to "wtf is he even talking?" and that's basically how I would summarize the interview: WTF?

I don't see a problem with deciding in which format to release it. I mean... he basically answered all his questions himself already. CD is still popular in Japan. In America streaming is the new shit. If you want to release it worldwide you can just do both?

I mean... Look at it. The "We are X" soundtrack was released without this being a Problem (or wasn't it?). I think the release was perfect actually. It happened in perfect time for the Wembley Arena concert and there were even Wembley special editions to buy at the concert! The music was available worldwide and did good on the iTunes charts in multiple countries as far as I remember. Hell we even bought the vinyl of this soundtrack. It was f*cking awesome to have an X Japan vinyl delivered to us! And it looked so pretty!

Do the same with the album and it will be fine. Seriously. Because at the end of all this we all just love X Japans music and new musical content is all we wish for.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 24, 2020, 09:46:38 AM

Original Interview here:
https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000163252

I'm just wondering how many times must Yoshiki has rehearsed this script in his head to make it sound 100% legitimate... Too pre-planned. I think that somehow it genuinely reflects his obsessive attention for the perfect timing of the release, the top-notch quality of his music but... Come on, he has released solo material during those years. He's been touring the world for his classical music shows. He writes new music as well. Man, what a tormented personality. I don't know whether to be scared or awed.