• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki & Sarah Brightman

mC · 4603

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: September 13, 2018, 10:08:25 AM
At his press conference today, Yoshiki announced he would be performing with Sarah Brightman on a song featured on her new album, Hymn, out soon.

After a little snooping, it looks like she will be performing a version of “Miracle”. See below Twitter video.

https://twitter.com/sarahbrightman/status/1038139847775404032?s=21

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 06:38:45 PM
There seems to be a special recording for Sarah's new album with next week in Füssen/Germany.
According to Sarah Brightman Yoshiki will be present

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sarah-brightman-extravaganza-in-bavaria-tickets-49966389817

You will be a part of the filming of Sarah's upcoming global TV and cinema event: the HYMN concert in the gorgeous Festspielhaus venue, a neighbor of the world-renowned Neuschwanstein castle at the foot of the Bavarian Alps.

Sarah's special guests on this magical night will include Mario Frangoulis, Vincent Niclo, Yoshiki, and Narcis. 

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 08:16:40 PM
There seems to be a special recording for Sarah's new album with next week in Füssen/Germany.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sarah-brightman-extravaganza-in-bavaria-tickets-49966389817

You will be a part of the filming of Sarah's upcoming global TV and cinema event: the HYMN concert in the gorgeous Festspielhaus venue, a neighbor of the world-renowned Neuschwanstein castle at the foot of the Bavarian Alps.

Sarah's special guests on this magical night will include Mario Frangoulis, Vincent Niclo, Yoshiki, and Narcis. 
That's intresting. So he will be in germany soon... No wonder the album is not getting released. That guy is way too busy.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 09:14:40 PM
at times I get the impression that he really doesn't want to release the album...

Let's see how much more time will pass between his statement "the album is finished" and the  (announcment of the) release date...

Teemeah

Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 10:49:47 AM
Yeah maybe he subconsciously does everything to postpone it as much as he can, because after that he will have nothing to work on. He said himself that he gives maximum 5 years to X Japan, due to his own health conditions.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 12:50:44 PM
He said himself that he gives maximum 5 years to X Japan, due to his own health conditions.

But he’s said 5 years every year since 2011, so there’s that lol

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 01:07:56 PM
So our man gave his own band an expiration date? Mmmm, interesting. X Japan. May contain nuts. Not suitable for vegans. Best before 2023.   8)

To be honest I think he could rethink that. While I agree that he might be unable to drum much longer, I don't see what's wrong with picking a replacement drummer and carrying on. Yoshiki is a skilled pianist and composer, his career won't end just because he can't bang his drums that hard anymore. The rest of the guys are in their 50s and don't exactly look all that old and sickly to me. Their peak is long gone, but that doesn't mean their creative tanks are going to run dry. Toshi does things and releases new stuff every other day. Sometimes I close my eyes to scratch them and when I open them again he has just done something new. Sugizo doesn't look like he's about to ditch the fab stage outfits and move to a retirement home in Florida. Kyoji Yamamoto of Vow Wow is still active, and he's about a decade older. Hotei is an old guy too. Loudness are still a thing, and Akira Takasaki is 57. Buck-Tick are just as old as X and they drop albums every two years (and tour twice a year). Axl Rose is 56. Lars Ulrich is 54. Your rockstar status doesn't expire the day you've lived as many years as there are cards in a deck.

But in all honesty, no, I don't think we'll see ever see an album after this one drops.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 09:43:28 PM

Is anyone going?

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 10:23:31 AM
I'm not. But we will be at Lovebites in Hamburg this november (totally offtopic ::) )

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 11:24:28 AM
Are you going, Tahemet:)

If yes please tell us how it was afterwards.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 08:29:34 PM
Yes, I am going.
Filming and taking pictures isn't allowed at the venue but I hope I get a chance  to take some pics after all  :-D
Of course I will tell you how it was  :D

"Miracle" is used in the "Hymn" making of....is it starting arounf 5.31
https://sarahbrightman.com/video/hymn-epk/

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 11:51:03 PM
OK, here my report from the Füssen Tour.

I had invested into the VIP Ticket experience and so I was among the first people who had the pleasue to listen to Sarah's new album "Hymn" during our trip to Füssen.
I was quite surprised to see so many fans from all over the world who traveled to Germany for that event. It's Oktoberfest season, so neither hotels nor flight could have been cheap.
I mean...they get like 400 concerts all over the world in the next 2 years...a number X Japan fans can only dream of.
The album is awesome (though we heard it on crappy bus speakers) and delivers the usual mix of classical and classical pop and "Miracle" is a perfect addition to the mix.
Sarah's "Miracle" version sounds borrow heavily from the original version (e.g. they kept the original choir) but of course the song was rearranged to let Sarah shine.
Sarah's fan guides were very nice but the trip as such was a bit chaotic due to a 30 min delay at the beginning. We had to run up the mountain to see Castle Neuschwan were we arrived like 5 minutes before our guided tour (the tours have time windows...it's hit or miss). The trip back to the bus lasted longer as planned as well. The bus driver didn't find the Festspielhaus and so we arrived at 19.10...50 minutes before the concert and were still supposed to have dinner and of course us girls want to dress up (girls will be girls). On the way to the restaurant I heard Yoshiki rehearsing "Miracle"...and all the running was forgotten. Who needs dinner anyway? ;-)
The event wasn't a regular concert but they filmed for a movie (shown on PBS in the US in December I think) and in November in American Cinemas. And a (international) DVD release next spring. So the filming begun and they reshoot some songs from a different angle. Song after song after song...with some curious choices which were already released on other DVDs (another  Phantom version, There for me, Pie Jesus) .
After the break they pushed a piano on stage and I though "Yay, finally we get to see Yoshiki".
But no,  it was Sarah who played an english version of "Con te Partiro".
Then they removed the piano and announced that they would record the last song....which nearly caused a heart attack.
Wait! You must be kidding. Yoshiki is in the house, you announced him! Where is he? Why isn't he playing in front of the crowd?
Then they filmed the "Final curtain" with all the participants. Yoshiki included (though Sarah had to goad him onto to stage)
And I swear he winked at me when I called his name and made the X-sign  (happy fangirl  ;D )
If he wasn't playing in front of the crowd he had at least to know that he had fans sitting there.
Then the producers (which included Anthony Van Laast) asked if we had liked the event and if we had missed anything.
At that point all the Yoshiki/X Japan fans stood up and enquired about Yoshiki
(I was damn proud of us few fans who had made it there)
It was then explained that the video had been filmed in the afternoon due to the special effects.
According to a Japanese source there will be a video clip of "Miracle" through I cannot confirm that it will be same they shot in Füssen.
Sarah and Yoshiki and played "Miracle" as encore.
I liked the live version better than the CD version, which (obviously) included Yoshiki playing piano. I wish they would release this version on CD as well. They still used the original choir for the song though they had used a live choir for every other song.
Unfortunately we had to leave right after the concert but I know that some fans were lucky enough to meet Yoshiki.

Teemeah

Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 08:42:01 AM
Wow that sounds like a nice experience :)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 02:41:50 PM
Sweet, thanks a lot for the report, Tahemet!   ;)

It's nice that some X fans found their way there. I've been to Füssen twice and it was lovely. The castle you mentioned is Neuschwanstein, isn't it? It's seriously one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 03:21:04 PM
Uops right, that was of course supposed to mean Castle Neuschwanstein.
It's nice to look at but a typical tourist place. Overcrowded and when you have a tour you are driven like cattle through the half-finished building in 20 minutes.
I haven't been there in 16 years.
From the Musical Theater you had a nice view on it.

It was indeed a cool experience...though I wish that I had met Yoshiki after the Show.
And when he posted all the pics from Munich I just wondered why i was never lucky enough to have a Chance Encounter...haha.
He must be happy to be able to stroll through a town without being recogized.

Sarah's fans liked "Miracle", too and I hope we don't have to wait too long for the "Miracle" MV.
...and maybe Sarah can teach him to finish an Album in less time.  ;)

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 05:28:56 PM
here you get an impression from the MV they filmed in Füssen https://twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/1057628737187926016

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 08:59:10 PM
Thank you very much  :)

positively unsure。

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 01:00:02 PM
Sarah's version is up on her youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srev--RUezE

what do you think?

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 03:54:44 PM
Sarah's version is up on her youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srev--RUezE

what do you think?
I don't know. I'm not too much into this song. It's pretty, but get's boring really fast.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 06:12:47 PM
https://sarahbrightman.com/news/sarah-and-yoshiki-announce-the-new-single-miracle/

Sarah and Yoshiki announced the release of the new digital single ‘Miracle’ (Sarah’s Version), which also includes remix and instrumental versions.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 13, 2018, 05:37:12 PM
By the look of it Yoshiki will attend some of Sarah's concerts during her tour.

2019 Sara Brightman World Tour YOSHIKI Appearance Schedule Performance
February 6th (Wednesday) New York Radio City Music Hall
February 7 (Thursday) Boston Orpheum Theater
February 10 (Sunday), Toronto Sony Center For the Performing Arts
March 2 (Sat) Anaheim Honda Center
March 3 (Sat) Las Vegas Smith Center PAC
March 9 (Sun) San Francisco The Masonic
March 10 (Monday) Los Angeles Dolby Theater

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20181113-00000753-bark-musi