• Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
on: August 19, 2018, 09:14:09 PM
Hello x-freaks,

there is an important announcement!

We have a new look and feel \o/

Oh, you already noticed? Well....

The new theme is a bit more dedicated to the actual needs of the modern Interwebz people. It is responsive, so you can use it on you mobile device as well as on your desktop with different resolutions.
Also it has a couple of new functions.

What do you think about it?

Sander, Lucs, Kasumi, Fluffy, Matsumoto and nb had alpha tested it for the last couple of days and so far we can't find any technical issues.

Now you all are the beta testers. And we need your feedback to improve it.

oh, and if you don't like it and don't want to participate in beta testing you easily can switch the theme back by clicking this url and change back to "SMF Default Theme - Curve"

Please, we need your feedback.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like the new x-freaks theme you can donate Sych0 a few coins for beeing the maincreator of it. Please use "We Are X!" as donation text so he will notice it comes from us.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:04:37 PM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 09:19:53 PM
Just now I was looking at a post on my phone and it was still the old look, I changed to the main page and I was like “wooow”. I think the mobile version was really needed, thank you!

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 11:00:57 PM
Agreed! I was surprised for a moment, but I like it! It's still a little bit strange but that's because I got so used to the other look, haha. Its good!  ;D

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 05:02:28 AM
Looks great!

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 05:56:51 AM
Love it! Thanks for all your hard work - everyone responsible for this beautiful transformation!  8)

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 06:44:47 AM
The new theme is very convenient to use at a smartphone. To me that is the best feature so far, besides a fresh look and a better menu overview and stuff...

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 09:05:50 AM
I really like it! It's a major improvement compared to the old theme, plus now I can easily read the forum on mobile - yassssss! The recent posts section is great too.

Everyone, let us know if there's anything you'd like to see improved and we'll see what's doable  ;) (I mean, nb will, he's our tech genius, I have no idea how to tech!)

A few things to brainstorm:
> forum colour: the default theme is blue - do you like it? would you like to see the forum in a different colour?
> banner at the top of the page: what do you think of it? would you prefer a band-related picture?
> would you like us to add any new sections to the forum?

Others:
> video embeds: it would be great to create this feature!
> images: is there any way we can host the picture we want to post directly at X Freaks (without having to upload it to imgur)?
> more emojis (or import Discord's Xmojis)
> how could we better promote the X Freaks Forum? there is now a sticky post on X Japan's subreddit linking here, but I wonder how we could let more fans know that this community exists (and that we're the coolest gang on the interwebz  8) )

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 11:01:33 AM
I really like it! It's a major improvement compared to the old theme, plus now I can easily read the forum on mobile - yassssss! The recent posts section is great too.

Everyone, let us know if there's anything you'd like to see improved and we'll see what's doable  ;) (I mean, nb will, he's our tech genius, I have no idea how to tech!)

A few things to brainstorm:
> forum colour: the default theme is blue - do you like it? would you like to see the forum in a different colour?
> banner at the top of the page: what do you think of it? would you prefer a band-related picture?
> would you like us to add any new sections to the forum?

> I've tried to change it to kurenei. But it doesnt really fits...
> best thing is we have a copyleft picture for it or someone give us the permission to use it. But I'm working on a idea. Stay tuned, maybe tonight you can see it ^^
> I would at a Luna Sea Section ^^

Others:
> video embeds: it would be great to create this feature!
> images: is there any way we can host the picture we want to post directly at X Freaks (without having to upload it to imgur)?
> more emojis (or import Discord's Xmojis)
> how could we better promote the X Freaks Forum? there is now a sticky post on X Japan's subreddit linking here, but I wonder how we could let more fans know that this community exists (and that we're the coolest gang on the interwebz  8) )

> After the update. I'm on it. About two weeks ago I already wanted to implement this feature but facing problems because of the SMF version we are using.
> there is, but it's disabled. Only Admins can use it. I think Sander disabled it because the data base should not be that big. I mean, the forum is on for more then 10 years. It would be better to keep it this way for many reasons. Example: Copyright problems. Imgur, Photobucket etc have good lawyers. We don't...
> I think that was also my idea ^^ Yes. I'm totally go for it.
> For now we shouldn't promote it to much. We have serious problems with the software, the encrypted login and the new European privacy law. Let's fix that first.

positively unsure。

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 11:25:39 AM
Agree with everything, nb! Looking forward to that new banner  8)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 11:50:20 AM
I like the new color. Very different from the white forumdesign, but it does look cool in dark blue. :D I really hope nb-chan will be able to change the header soon. If I remember correctly he also wants to change the standard-avatar (the one you see, if you have not uploaded your own ava) and maybe some other minor things...

New Xmojis (the ones from discord) is also a cool idea. :D :D :D Would be very much appreciated.  ;D

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 11:59:32 AM
If I remember correctly he also wants to change the standard-avatar (the one you see, if you have not uploaded your own ava) a

Exactly =)

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #11 on: August 20, 2018, 12:28:25 PM
@nb: did you just activate this news thing on top of the page? Because I see news in the upper right corner. :D Cool.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 12:34:28 PM
Yes,

changelog:

- update SMF from 2.0.9 to 2.0.10
- fixed a js error with the update
- added the news section
- added an about section ("We Are X!") in the footer (site ground). (Can anyone help me to write something more about us?)
- update to SMF 2.0.11
- added donate button for SychO (creator of this theme)

special thanks to SychO for helping me solving some problems
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:07:41 PM by nb »

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #13 on: August 20, 2018, 05:40:27 PM
Yay for new look  :-*  8) I like it!

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 20, 2018, 08:03:03 PM
This new look looks very cool, thank you.  ;)

Offline Yohalo

• View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 08:27:49 PM
It Looks much more fresh. I like it very much  ;D ;D thanks a lot for your hard work !!!

Offline aki

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 09:19:16 AM
At first I didn't like the new look but now that I've seen it a few times I actually appreciate it. The color reminds me of tumblr which is quite convenient because my eyes are used to it. ;D I agree with importing the X emojis from Discord, they're really cool and set us apart from every other page. :)
Thanks to everyone who worked on this!

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 03:47:35 PM
I have changed the header to something more personal...

Maybe you have to reload or empty your cache to see the shoes of our beloved musicians...  ;D

positively unsure。

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 11:03:56 AM
I have changed the header to something more personal...

Maybe you have to reload or empty your cache to see the shoes of our beloved musicians...  ;D
Good work! The process of turning this forum into a glittery-pants-appreciation-forum may begin :)

This is my administrator color.