X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan Translations - post your requests here!

matsumoto · 11488

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: June 29, 2018, 09:48:49 PM

Do you relate to the guy above? Don't worry bro, most of us do! The X Freaks community might be able to help, though.  8)

Would you like to translate a song, interview or press article from Japanese into English? Curious about whatever Toshi was saying in his latest TV show appearance? Wondering how to say a certain phrase in Japanse? Post it here and our kind X Freaks volunteer translators might pick it up for you, if they find it interesting!

Disclaimer: our volunteer X Freaks translators are not professionals and they have limited time. Don't post super long articles or videos. Don't be mad if they're too busy to help - translating is a hard and fastidious job (says a part-time translator!).

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 12:14:09 PM

Do you relate to the guy above? Don't worry bro, most of us do! The X Freaks community might be able to help, though.  8)

Would you like to translate a song, interview or press article from Japanese into English? Curious about whatever Toshi was saying in his latest TV show appearance? Wondering how to say a certain phrase in Japanse? Post it here and our kind X Freaks volunteer translators might pick it up for you, if they find it interesting!

Disclaimer: our volunteer X Freaks translators are not professionals and they have limited time. Don't post super long articles or videos. Don't be mad if they're too busy to help - translating is a hard and fastidious job (says a part-time translator!).

Great idea! :) I volunteer! At the moment I'm translating SugizoTube's first volume, if anyone interested, just scream and I'll send you the link to the google drive links for the parts I've already done. (I'm a slow worker, so I'm doing it little by little, it's 2 hours long. Sugizo likes to talk and mostly about spiritual and deep stuff, haha)

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 10:44:04 PM
Omg what a generous idea. I would just love to see Silent Jealousy, Kurenai non-English version (I know there are differences), Rusty Nail, and Week End.

There are translations around but it's really hard to find ones that make sense/are proper English. And then if there is a good translation, there's only one... and I'm curious to see how lyrics differ depending on the interpreter.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 02:19:47 AM
I find that X Japan songs translations to spanish are usually more accurate than the english ones and there are some songs that are only in spanish.

This is a very nice idea! I don’t think I’m very good yet but I will try to do my best to help in what I can.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 05:35:02 AM
I find that X Japan songs translations to spanish are usually more accurate than the english ones and there are some songs that are only in spanish.

This is a very nice idea! I don’t think I’m very good yet but I will try to do my best to help in what I can.

;~; thank you so much pt_93. Any help is very appreciated.

Side note, wasn't there a fan site  with Spanish translations of X songs?

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 03:23:47 AM

;~; thank you so much pt_93. Any help is very appreciated.

Side note, wasn't there a fan site  with Spanish translations of X songs?

I think there was one but I haven’t seen it in ages, so I have no idea if it’s still active

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 05:13:11 PM
Request: When Aoi Yoru/Shiroi Yoru DVDs were released, there was a bundle with both concerts and an extra DVD with their rehearsal for this concerts and an interview with Yoshiki. Is there any translation of this interview?

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 05:57:10 PM
I haven’t seen those extra DVDs, only the ones from X Japan returns.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 07:19:20 PM
I haven’t seen those extra DVDs, only the ones from X Japan returns.

I'll try to find it and post the link here.

Teemeah

Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 09:53:11 PM
My request would be Heath interviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMRB_GCK9yA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgRHOdEybhE

Thank you in advance :)