• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

An important announcement on July 8, LA time

lakeisle · 35877

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: July 19, 2018, 07:29:15 AM
What time is this announcement supposed to be? I want to hear it ASAP but not sure if I will be around or where the announcement will be made.  If possible, I will stay up to hear it if it's not too late for me.

Whose instagram account is the video on? I think it better be downloaded ASAP, also.  Someone may request that it be pulled or deleted.  I'm going to copy it as I can't seem to just download it. 

To me, Toshi sounds angry.  His voice sounds pretty forceful to me.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #211 on: July 19, 2018, 11:05:00 AM
TBH, they don't look like a band to me, Yoshiki is a boss, other members are employees, Yoshiki orders, other members obey, that's what I felt about the band many times.

It looks like this since the reunion. For someone who knew X when they were still a band, and not Yoshiki's ego-boost-tool, each time he does stuff like this is a new disappointment.

I think it's since Dahlia.
I've read (in his book) that he was unhappy with hide saying he should choose everything by his own. And since hide died Yoshiki (that is what Y said) has to do all the promotion/interview stuff. For me it sounded like he does not like it at all.

positively unsure。

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: July 19, 2018, 12:26:25 PM
What the heck does this mean?!? I realize Microsoft translated it but decision???

YOSHIKI CHANNEL

@YoshikiChannel
 2h2 hours ago
More
【明日7月20日(金)19時〜生放送決定】独占 #YOSHIKI ロングインタビュー 〜#YOSHIKI が語る自身の現在と未来〜 @YoshikiOfficial http://ch.nicovideo.jp/yoshikiofficial/blomaga/ar1626055
Translated from Japanese by Microsoft
[Tomorrow, July 20 (Fri) 19:00 ~ Live decision] Exclusive http://ch.nicovideo.jp/yoshikiofficial/blomaga/ar1626055 … long interview ~ #YOSHIKI talk about their present and future @YoshikiOfficial #ttps://t.co/3I7V8wFQ27

YOSHIKI CHANNEL

@YoshikiChannel
 2h2 hours ago
More
【明日7月20日(金)19時〜生放送決定】独占 #YOSHIKI ロングインタビュー 〜#YOSHIKI が語る自身の現在と未来〜 @YoshikiOfficial http://ch.nicovideo.jp/yoshikiofficial/blomaga/ar1626055

And this article.  Is this posted in here? Probably but I don't remember what's at the beginning and I can't go look.

http://ch.nicovideo.jp/yoshikiofficial/blomaga/ar1626055

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: July 19, 2018, 04:52:29 PM
Doesn't sound good... If Toshi is out, I am done

Offline MM

• View Profile
Reply #214 on: July 19, 2018, 05:39:27 PM
Decision in that context means they decided to stream the event. I've seen the machine translation of "決定" plenty of times.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #215 on: July 19, 2018, 07:26:48 PM
Lol jeez guys calm tf down.. no one's out... the only reason this interview is even happening is because fans freaked the fuck out.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: July 19, 2018, 11:30:56 PM
I mean, if Yoshiki really does this alone and Toshi is sad about it, why would Toshi say it? It could get Toshi in a lot of trouble if he said this to the fans. I mean, think about it. It's like a rose war for a band if someone said loudly that he is feeling bad about the decisions of the band leader....

nb has a point. Would it be wise to start a press war with Yoshiki at this point? Probably not. And it would be extremely out of character for Toshi to do that (hey, he's a showbiz professional who's lived through five decades, survived a cult and rebuilt his public image and career from scratch - would he really fall into that trap?). Why did he chose to drop the hint that he was bummed, though? Maybe because he's a human being and bummed human beings tend to seek validation from people who like them by declaring that they're... well, bummed. It lightens the burden. All things considered, he was very diplomatic and cautious with this words. Just because he let it slip, it doesn't mean he's publicly lashing out at Yoshiki.

Yoshiki is an extremely skilled musician and he deserves all our respect for that. In recent years, I've come to realise that he's not really that good at managing his band's success, though. Sounds like he might be surrounded but PR morons too. I bet his intentions with this single were the best: he wanted to make a great song and to kill two birds with one stone by rallying both X and Hyde fans. It's just that the whole thing was marketed rather disastrously for the rest of the band. I trust that they're adults and that they discussed this beforehand, but heck, was it a strange move! Anyway, the world won't end just because Yoshiki tried and failed at pleasing everyone. Toshi most certainly will not leave the band. Yoshiki has certainly got enough backslash by now to understand that nobody wants another X feat [whoever] thing. Us fans will be bummed for Toshi for a while, but he knows he's loved by millions of us and I don't think he'll take it too personally. If anything, fan reactions will only make him realise how important he is to us and how inconceivable an X minus Toshi would be. And if this marketing move was somebody else's idea, I'm pretty sure they've been fired by now.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:32:46 PM by matsumoto »

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: July 20, 2018, 06:41:26 AM
Sorry, I delete it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:17:33 PM by lakeisle »

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: July 20, 2018, 09:25:30 AM
Wow, let's hope it's just the tabloids trying to add fuel to the fire.

I don't know anything about the Japanese press, so I can't judge how reliable those media outlets are, nor if there has been any PR work behind them. Over here, when you want to lash out at somebody through the press, either you approach an established publication offering to give an exclusive interview or you sell them interesting facts for publication. The contracts thing is actually rather innocuous, and it's probably more of a management thing than Toshi's actual decision. The tabloids had previously attacked Toshi with the Lunatic Fest rumor, which he denied on video, so I'm guessing this is another clickbait move. Not the kind of info you sell out when you want to roast someone. (but what do I know  :-X )

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: July 20, 2018, 12:00:46 PM
Looks like Yoshiki has changed his mind?

Thing has been rebranded from X JAPAN to "Yoshiki featuring Hyde"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blc2FNRHDyM/?hl=en&taken-by=yoshikiofficial

hi there

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #220 on: July 20, 2018, 12:05:21 PM
Looks like Yoshiki has changed his mind?

Thing has been rebranded from X JAPAN to "Yoshiki featuring Hyde"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blc2FNRHDyM/?hl=en&taken-by=yoshikiofficial
Oh. Well I guess with that name fans will be okay. Sadly I can't click on the Instagram link (I'm at work and the site is blocked, damnit).

Hopefully everyone will calm down a little.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #221 on: July 20, 2018, 12:06:58 PM
Good.
Although Sugizo seems to have gotten the short end of the stick ;)

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #222 on: July 20, 2018, 12:15:20 PM
 I did my best not to concern myself too much about Yoshiki news, but I failed again. Anyway I am glad things worked out fine.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: July 20, 2018, 12:53:49 PM
just right now: Red Swan - Yoshiki Piano Version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjeCEX87hY

Your scars are beautiful

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: July 20, 2018, 02:16:03 PM
Glad the name was changed

Did his interview happen yet?

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: July 20, 2018, 09:43:01 PM
https://twitter.com/wearex34381152/status/1020268230022008832?s=21

Video of Yoshiki playing Red Swan on piano. Sorry, a Twitter link.

Can hear hints of Art of Life and Rosa in there?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 09:54:55 PM by mC »

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #226 on: July 20, 2018, 09:59:05 PM
 ;D

i'll buy it anyway. X Japan or Yoshiki It doesn't matter  :P

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #227 on: July 21, 2018, 10:05:43 AM
https://twitter.com/wearex34381152/status/1020268230022008832?s=21

Video of Yoshiki playing Red Swan on piano. Sorry, a Twitter link.

Can hear hints of Art of Life and Rosa in there?
The moment I heard it I thought "sounds like Art of Life"

While I'm away, read this line again...