• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

An important announcement on July 8, LA time

lakeisle · 35904

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: July 09, 2018, 01:41:15 AM
Yeah... Dissapointing like always but at least we get a tangible new song. Hope it rocks and that Toshi or any other members arent sidelined.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:10:56 AM by axlroseX »

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: July 09, 2018, 03:20:37 AM
I don't know why anyone would be disappointed by this.... it's very exciting news. Attack on Titan is popular so X is guaranteed a ton of exposure from it. That's how I got exposed to them.. through anime. Plus we're getting a new song that's going to be released this month, if AOT season 3 is still released when it was scheduled to so this is a win/win.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: July 09, 2018, 04:26:45 AM
Oh shit, its this month? Awesome

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: July 09, 2018, 04:29:55 AM
I have to say its dissapointing because the longer the wait is, the less likely an album becomes

However, a new song we have never heard of sounds awesome. Especially since it is a studio recording coming so soon

Offline grezsy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: July 09, 2018, 04:53:41 AM
Well, I think cauz Yoshiki has much more money, it is easy for him whether their music are not worked out at all...

We all know Yoshiki. Probably that's the announcement.

Another useless collab.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: July 09, 2018, 05:08:10 AM
He should at least make an official announcement himself, since he said he had an announcement... but he’s quiet, as always

Teemeah

Reply #96 on: July 09, 2018, 07:47:38 AM
He originally made it seen like his announcement would pertain to the album, right? Its only 3 in LA so I wouldnt worry yet
He didnt make it seem like that. It is just us who were guessing about it. He only said there would be an announcement. He also didn't say he would make the announcement himself.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: July 09, 2018, 09:26:15 AM
I'm actually pretty excited about this. It's a new song. We don't get new X songs everyday, so... it's something.

Hyde really isn't my cup of tea but I'm looking forward to see what he can pull off with Toshi. (He actually has a great voice, it's just his music style that doesn't do it for me). Btw, agree with what was said above, 'Red Swan' is the most neo-Yoshiki song title ever :P

I'm bummed the announcement wasn't about a tour or the album, though. It's been 2 years since they last played in Europe, I had hopes of a concert date in the old continent.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: July 09, 2018, 01:31:34 PM
So far I've only watched the first season of AoT but that one I liked. A new song is also always something to be happy about, but still ... have to say I was expecting a little bit more. Seems I'm now forced to binge watch the second season. ;)

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: July 09, 2018, 03:04:59 PM
This will be the 7th officially released track since the reunion-

IV
Jade
Scarlet Love Song
Born to be Free
La Venus (unplugged)
Without You
Red Swan

Unreleased songs-

Hero
Beneath the Skin
Angel
La Venus

Unheard songs-

Kiss the Sky (snippets heard)
Rockstar (few seconds heard)

Anything else?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:06:52 PM by axlroseX »

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: July 10, 2018, 06:07:36 AM
On other news, Yoshiki is an idiot. This song is not X Japan, it’s Sugizo on violin, Yoshiki on piano and Hyde on vocals, no Heath, Pata... and NO Toshi on vocals. This is obviously Yoshiki’s dumb idea and it’s terrible Because:

1. It says it will be on X Japn’s new album. If it ever comes out, it better be a version with Toshi on vocals or / and full band.

2. This was actually a good marketing chance that was completely destroyed. People that don’t know the band will think Hyde is the singer or something, then listen to X and be WTF.

3. I like ballads but come on, the past openings for this anime were rock songs. SNK are already saying they wanted Linked Horizon again, now they’ll be even more upset.

I like Hyde, so I probably will like the song but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a really stupid decision. Especially  not including Toshi in it and calling it X Japan, it’s insulting to the guy. My guess is that it was meant to be Yoshiki and Hyde but he added Sugizo on violin just to call it X Japan.

https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000157371
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:17:37 AM by pt_93 »

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #101 on: July 10, 2018, 09:21:00 AM
Hi there! Haven't been around here for a short time. Real life was busy... but today I received an E-Mail that said X Japan is releasing a new song. So I came here in an instant.  ;D

Is it true that the new song will only be with Yoshiki, Sugizo and hyde? (I like hyde btw... no problem with that choice.)

In that case I'm pretty sure "Red Swan" won't be on the new album, since he already confirmed one other song to be on the album with a different singer (Marilyn Manson). He is probably just naming it X Japan feat. hyde to raise some attention to X again.

I want to hear that song. :D Very curious now. Damn Yoshiki... ^^°

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: July 10, 2018, 10:01:29 AM
X japan without toshi voice is not X

Ex denxdenx

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: July 10, 2018, 10:18:28 AM
I will reserve judgement until I hear it, but if it is true that it is only Yoshiki, Sugizo and Hyde, why not just call it a “YOSHIKI” feat., song?

Unless it is actually a X Japan song and this is just the Hyde version?

Still excited to hear.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: July 10, 2018, 10:36:39 AM
In that case I'm pretty sure "Red Swan" won't be on the new album, since he already confirmed one other song to be on the album with a different singer (Marilyn Manson). He is probably just naming it X Japan feat. hyde to raise some attention to X again.

But he said he had other guests on the album tho, other than Manson. And it’s weird that this is being released as a single... an X Japan single.

I like Hyde, so I don’t doubt I will like it but still pretty disappointing because I expected actual X Japan, especially after he hyped this announcement for 2 months.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:43:03 AM by pt_93 »

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: July 10, 2018, 11:33:39 AM
Wtf no Toshi, Pata, and Heath? If true, Yoshiki lost his mind

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #106 on: July 10, 2018, 11:37:18 AM

But he said he had other guests on the album tho, other than Manson. And it’s weird that this is being released as a single... an X Japan single.

I like Hyde, so I don’t doubt I will like it but still pretty disappointing because I expected actual X Japan, especially after he hyped this announcement for 2 months.
Oh I did not know that he wanted to have so many guests on the new album. ^^°

Maybe later they will do a Version of this song with Toshi? Hmmm it is really weird. Just what is he doing with X? ^^°

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: July 10, 2018, 12:08:06 PM
So, is it official that it will be only Yoshiki/Sugizo/Hyde? If that's the case, I echo mC's point - why not call it "Yoshiki feat. Hyde and Sugizo"?

As excited as I am to hear this, I kind of agree with you, y_tho. It's more than a little odd to include this song in the album and call it an X Japan song if only 2 bandmembers participate. If I was Toshi, Heath ot Pata, I would be a bit bummed.

Nothing against Hyde, once again, I like his voice, I'm sure he's going to do a great job. But making a song with 2 out of 5 bandmembers + a guest singer and calling it a [band]'s song is kind of unheard of. Also not a great introduction to the band for new fans as it's not really representative of what the band sounds like.

Fully agree with Kasumi if the rumors are confirmed - it is a marketing move to promote X Japan... except it's not X Japan.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: July 10, 2018, 12:41:53 PM
it is a marketing move to promote X Japan... except it's not X Japan.

A terrible marketing move.

It is a marketing move to promove Yoshiki, as usual. I said so many times, X isn't a band anymore. Is just something to inflate Yoshiki's ego, the other members aren't that important.
Do you know what would be a great move to promote X JAPAN? RELEASE THE FUCKING ALBUM. It's been more than ten years already.

Yoshiki says he wants to "conquer overseas", but in ten years he didn't release an album, just two digital singles with years between them. No new fans are going to their concerts, as they don't even have any material to listen to. The old albums were released only in Japan. Blue Blood and Jealousy recently appeared on Spotify and iTunes worldwide, but they are quite different from the "current X".

An Yoshiki song with Hyde on vocal shouldn't be named "X JAPAN" at all. Even japanese fans didn't receive the news so well, as you can see the comments on Twitter...
https://twitter.com/XJapanOfficial/status/1016527545213206528

Then the fans didn't like the idea of this new single. What Yoshiki does? Anoter "hide I miss you" widow-like post.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:10:58 PM by Joker »

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: July 10, 2018, 01:17:53 PM
I said a few months ago that I would try to be positive, but this is just asinine

I was thinking an anime song would be a rock tune with lots of guitars. I also figured Hyde may sing the verses or chorus while Toshi does the rest

Instead, this will be ANOTHER piano ballad and it wont even have X Japan on it. Having one original member on this and calling it an X song is pretty insulting. I know I said I wanted them to utilize Sugizo's violin more, but this isnt X Japan. Even if there is a "full" version with the rest of the guys being saved for the album, it will probably be locked away with the other unreleased songs, never to be heard.

In assuming the new delays are because Yoshiki wants to cram new songs with guests on it, but once that is some he can find more excuses to delay it.

Ugh, what the Fuck, Yoshiki

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: July 10, 2018, 01:45:34 PM
Songs with guests that won’t even have Toshi singing. Poor Toshi. What the fuck Yoshiki? Nobody wants an X Japan album, after so long, with a bunch of guests singers, we just want X JAPAN. We want Toshi on vocals and the rest of the band actually playing in the songs.

One of the most insulting parts is that it says “It’s the first time Yoshiki writes an X Japan song for a voice that is not Toshi’s”. Excuse me? WTF? THEN IT’S NOT X JAPAN. I think Yoshiki really lost his mind this time.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: July 10, 2018, 02:17:40 PM
I hope for his sake that this was Toshi's idea, like 'c'mon let's drop the exclusivity, bring in some other bloke to sing this one while I drink my tea and chill'

Otherwise I would be pissed AF to see my band release a single with another dude on vocals and promoting it as 'OMG the first [band]'s song without [me]! Woah. Buy it now.'

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: July 10, 2018, 02:54:35 PM
Seeing as Hyde is Yoshiki’s new BFF, I’m pretty sure it was that fake blonde’s dumb idea. And I actually hope Toshi is very pissed and let Yoshiki know, it’s very mean, especially after how he stepped up for Yoshiki and took care of everything while Yoshiki was in recovery. Yoshiki has 0 loyalty. By this logic, the Lunatic Fest performance of Say Anything with Sugizo and Teru is “X Japan”.

Yoshiki finally pissed off 95% of his fanbase in 1 night, even the japanese and that’s quite the accomplishment.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: July 10, 2018, 03:42:42 PM
Fuck this is bullshit

The more I think about it the more pissed I guess. You dont have X Japan without Toshi and Yoshiki

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: July 10, 2018, 03:45:18 PM
Same here. I’m so fuxking pissed since last night, I woke up still upset. The japanese fans made a poll on twittee and why an overwhelming %, the winner out of 3 options was “No Toshi, No X”. I hope nobody buys this single, I was ready to throw my money at all the special editions and what not but I won’t be buying this, fuck it.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: July 10, 2018, 06:38:46 PM
I was bummed that the announcement had nothing to do with the album, but the prospect of a new studio recorded song was great. Especially since it was for a high energy show. I thought it must FINALLY have some good guitar work. Nope...

This is just stupid and backwards

Yoshiki must have read my post about trying to be more positive and decided he wanted to challenge us!

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: July 10, 2018, 07:41:33 PM
You guys shouldn't assume people's emotions for them... we don't know why Toshi isn't singing this or if it was even Yoshiki's idea to push the whole "X with Hyde" thing. Even if it was, he's allowed to do this.

A lot of times studios/labels will have industry contracts with other media, like theme songs/soundtracks to fulfill. I've tried to do some digging but can anyone confirm which labels Hyde, Sugizo, and Yoshiki are under in Japan right now and if they're different, whether any are subsidiaries of each other?

Even without that being a possibility I really don't see why any of us should get SO up in arms about this. Any exposure is good exposure... if people like the song enough to go searching for X Japan, that's enough. Whether it's "representative" of "X Japan's sound" is besides the point.

What exactly is X's sound now anyway? I ask this of all of you sincerely. If you were to play BTBF for a friend, would you be playing X for them? Would JADE work better? Does IV fit the mold more so for you, or the snippets of Kiss the Sky? Those songs are all so different so there's no reason to freak out about this not representing the band because any newcomer will easily discover that there's a shit ton of variety anyway.

As for a newcomer liking Hyde's vocals and then hearing Toshi's...

1. Depending on the song, they might not even realize it right away and will end up liking songs by X before they do.

2. They'll like Toshi's vocals anyway and still notice the good music, and will go off searching for Hyde in ADDITION TO X Japan.

This isn't the end of the world guys lol. It'll work itself out.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 07:43:09 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: July 10, 2018, 08:41:13 PM
It seems that a lot of people are quite upset, but not me.

Yoshki is always X Japan. Whenever we have Yoshiki, then we have X Japan.  ;D

Let's wait and see, maybe it's a brilliant song. 

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: July 10, 2018, 09:04:27 PM
I think returner's comment brought up some very interesting points and it's great to read from someone who disagrees with most of us. I agree that perhaps we are jumping to conclusions without knowing the whole story. Maybe this as not entirely Yoshiki's idea and maybe part of it is out of his control, even if I have a hard time imagining that scenario.

Still, there's some stuff I can't explain. Why is he silent about this? Why make such a fuss about this announcement and then drop the mic? Like y_tho pointed out on Discord, he probably knows something is not right. Was he fooled into agreeing with this marketing strategy by his moronic staff? Was there a fallout between the bandmembers during the creative process? Did he at some point think it was a good idea but then realised (too late) that he was wrong? In any case, his silence speaks volumes.

Any exposure is good exposure...

This is what I disagree the most with. X Japan is not supposed to be a reckless race for exposure or recognition. Bands are about making music, not selling cars. I think their recent obsession with exposure and converting newcomers is exactly what's wrong with post-reunion X. Do the ends really justify the means? Even if this song was fantastic, amazing enough to elevate X to Elvis' level in the West, would it still have been worth it? IMHO, no ends can justify replacing your vocalist and band co-founder of over 30 years with a dude from another band, leaving out an extremely talented guitarist and bassist and still calling this an 'X Japan' thing. And let's not forget about the part where they market this as a great new thing because Toshi isn't there. What do I know, though? Maybe Toshi is totally alright with this. Maybe he hated the song so much he insisted they find another bloke to sing it. But as a long-time fan, I can't help but feel a sort of second-hand humiliation. They're literally saying 3 out of 5 people in that band are unimportant enough to be replaced or left out. Which goes hand in hand with the treatment the actual (living) guitarists have received since 2008.

I wonder what would happen if Pata teamed up with Heath and Miyavi, made a song and then called it X Japan...

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #119 on: July 10, 2018, 09:28:43 PM
It's weird, can't say I'm thrilled about this... Then again it's Yoshiki's band... And XClamation and Es Dur no Piano Sen are also "X Japan songs". So I'm takinga "meh" stance on this until I hear more details.

This is my administrator color.