lakeisle · 35874

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #30 on: June 05, 2018, 08:35:17 AM

But there is one thing that needs to be corrected. It is true that Yoshiki talked about Violet UK album. But he didn't say it comes out definitely. He just said "There is a possibility that it will be released(VioletUKのアルバムもでるかも!?).

I think it would be better not to expect the VUK album.

But X Japan album is sure to come out soon according to Yoshiki.

Finally!!

That's still great news. Two albums would have been awesome, but that's probably a bit too much anyway. Even if he just releases one of them finally fans will go crazy. ^^°

While I'm away, read this line again...

Teemeah

Reply #31 on: June 05, 2018, 09:35:43 AM
I hope the announcement is a world tour! :) (and not some lame new product line LOL)

I wish it too. Some Japanese expect it will be about Yoshiki solo activity.  ;D

ah nonononono I don't want to be right this time. :D no new products Yoshiki please. :D just do the world tour :D btw, lakeisle, we are missing you on chat!

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #32 on: June 05, 2018, 10:50:22 AM
the great announcement:

"Hey Fans,

I've got a new dog!"

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #33 on: June 05, 2018, 01:00:06 PM
the great announcement:

"Hey Fans,

I've got a new dog!"
"It's a super cute Chihuahua-Pomeranian-Mix and his name is 'Eternal'."

;D ;D ;D
Sorry I couldn't resist.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: June 05, 2018, 01:16:52 PM
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: June 05, 2018, 01:24:28 PM
the great announcement:

"Hey Fans,

I've got a new dog!"

Ah but one of his emergency announcements was Lady’s X... Prefer the dog to this. Or maybe he will announce the album is delayed again #YoshikiStyle.

Teemeah

Reply #36 on: June 05, 2018, 01:45:16 PM
He will announce a cat this time.  8) He is jealous of CaToshi.  ::)

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #37 on: June 05, 2018, 02:33:41 PM
That's definetely an important announcement! I love cats and can totally understand the jeasouly here. :D

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: June 05, 2018, 06:13:25 PM
That's definetely an important announcement! I love cats and can totally understand the jeasouly here. :D

but isn't Yoshikitty a cat?

Teemeah

Reply #39 on: June 05, 2018, 07:31:10 PM
Yeah but not a real cat. I meant a real pet cat. :D

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: June 05, 2018, 07:35:09 PM
That makes no sense because CaToshi isn’t a real cat pet either...

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #41 on: June 05, 2018, 08:20:19 PM

Yes that's true. Yoshikitty is a cat, but more cats are always better. *crazycatladymode on* =*___*=

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 07, 2018, 06:44:23 AM

ah nonononono I don't want to be right this time. :D no new products Yoshiki please. :D just do the world tour :D

In my opinion, the most likely guess for the important announcement is "festival". He is likely to announce the date and venue of the upcoming festival on that day. And the festival is likely to be Visual Japan Summit. 

Reportedly, he talked about Yoshikitty again that day. (If Yoshikitty doesn't take first place, album will not come out...blah blah) My wish is not a new album nor a world tour. My wish to hit Yoshiki once. That is my dream.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #43 on: June 07, 2018, 07:53:38 AM

In my opinion, the most likely guess for the important announcement is "festival". He is likely to announce the date and venue of the upcoming festival on that day. And the festival is likely to be Visual Japan Summit. 

Reportedly, he talked about Yoshikitty again that day. (If Yoshikitty doesn't take first place, album will not come out...blah blah) My wish is not a new album nor a world tour. My wish to hit Yoshiki once. That is my dream.

Hahaha. :D That's some dream!

The festival thing sounds a lot more plausible than the bullshit we came up with. It might actually be about that. ^^

Teemeah

Reply #44 on: June 07, 2018, 08:42:58 AM
If he will blame the album not coming out on Yoshkitty's failure to grab first place, I will seriously hit him, too :D BTW Yoshikitty is third now and you can still vote for 3 days, and he is behind the 1st place figure with only some 20 thousand votes so VOOOTE :D https://sanriocharacterranking.com/en/characters/yoshikitty/

it's interesting though that Yoshikitty is leading by vote in Germany, Italy, France, South Korea and Mainland China  :-*
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 09:14:45 AM by Teemeah »

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: June 07, 2018, 01:21:41 PM
Germany has a large Metal fanbase and thousands of X fans! The german festival "Wacken" is the biggest Metal festival in the world (as far as I know).

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: June 08, 2018, 09:53:18 AM
in my opinion, the most likely guess for the important announcement is "festival". He is likely to announce the date and venue of the upcoming festival on that day. And the festival is likely to be Visual Japan Summit. 

I was very intrigued when I first read that, too. I wonder if the festival won't be abroad, though. This year they played at Coachella, last year they played at Wembley, in 2016 Yoshiki did Sundance, in 2014 there was MSG and Yoshiki at Japan Expo... there's a bit of a pattern there: one year in the US, one year in Europe. YoshToshBGosh has a point, Wacken is a good candidate, pretty much like the French Hellfest or Download, in the UK. But since they seem so reluctant to take part in actual metal festivals these days, I'd say... Creamfields, maybe?  ;D

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: June 08, 2018, 12:52:39 PM
I found weird that they won't play on Lunatic Fest this year.

Teemeah

Reply #48 on: June 08, 2018, 12:57:25 PM
Probably would be too much for Sugizo... he also plays both days with Luna Sea

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: June 08, 2018, 01:38:37 PM
But last time they played there and Luna Sea played 2 days at VJS 2016 too. I don’t think it has anything to do with Sugizo, most likely Yoshiki is unable to make it for whatever reason (“recording” or who knows what).

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: June 09, 2018, 02:12:25 AM
Someone informed me during the Kurenight last night. According to this blog, Yoshiki mentioned the song "Larme", which will be on the new album. Here is the video.

https://blog.naver.com/nassyican/221215597176
(Yoshiki talks about Larme in the first video, from around 24:00~ )

Yoshiki said he finished his work with the orchestra and the recording for this song. Reportedly, Yoshiki played this song for about a minute at the Yoshiki Dinner Show in 2015. He talked about this song in interview decades ago.

Here is a short translation on "Larme".

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~reiko/database/text/temp/0068_1.html

FOOL'S MATE 146, December 1993 (interviewer : 羽積秀明)

(the interview about perfume "Larme" is omitted)

-- Where did the name "Larme" come from?
YOSHIKI : This is the title that I've been sticking to since long time ago. It's very interesting. If you put apostrophe in the word "Larme" and make "L'arme", it means weapon in France. Removing the apostrophe makes the word tears.

-- The word has an ambiguous meaning.
YOSHIKI : Yes, it's interesting. Besides, there is already a song with this title.

-- Do you mean "Tears" in English?
YOSHIKI : No. There is a song called "Larme". It was not released, but I wrote it before making "Jealousy". The ambitious work that has not been disclosed even to members yet.

-- Then, does the timing of the song release depend on Yoshiki's own instinct?
YOSHIKI : At the time of "Jealousy", other members wanted to write songs and so did I. Back then, I listened to all the members' songs and gave the album an overall checkup, then filled up what I thought was lacking with my songs. In other words, the album already existed in me from the beginning. There was "Jealousy" in my own. So putting the songs that were written by other members, I thought like "I'd better take this song out" and I took out my song. In my first plan, the album contained "Larme".

-- When you had to write "Tears" for Kouhaku('92), if you had such an ambitious work, weren't you tempted to release it?
YOSHIKI : Hahaha! It's not like that. Yeah, I think I should release it soon, but everything I'm doing is connected inside of me. Ultimately, when the time comes, I believe all of that can be understood by people.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: June 09, 2018, 03:41:11 AM
Interesting interview. So the song belongs to the Jealousy album. Just yesterday I was marveling at the realization that Yoshiki only wrote 4 of the 10 songs on that album, and one of those was the 1:54 long instrumental Piano es Dur.

(For anyone that's interested: Yoshiki wrote 4 songs on that album, hide wrote 3, Taiji wrote 1, Taiji and Toshi wrote 1, and Pata wrote 1.)

I wish I knew how much Yoshiki has changed of Larme between now and then. I remember hearing that small snippet from the dinner show in 2015 and thinking it was the most beautiful I'd ever heard. Wish I could find it again!

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: June 09, 2018, 04:13:17 AM
Taiji and Toshi wrote 2, Desperate Angel and Voiceless Screaming :) That was when Yoshiki had his neck injury and was out for months while the band worked on the album. Besides, all the problems with Art of Life and the double album that was ditched, so I’m guessing this song was one of those that were left out from the Jealousy sessions.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: June 09, 2018, 04:46:46 AM
Taiji and Toshi wrote 2, Desperate Angel and Voiceless Screaming :) That was when Yoshiki had his neck injury and was out for months while the band worked on the album. Besides, all the problems with Art of Life and the double album that was ditched, so I’m guessing this song was one of those that were left out from the Jealousy sessions.

Oh I never knew Toshi co-wrote Desperate Angel!

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: June 09, 2018, 03:21:17 PM
Interesting interview. So the song belongs to the Jealousy album. Just yesterday I was marveling at the realization that Yoshiki only wrote 4 of the 10 songs on that album, and one of those was the 1:54 long instrumental Piano es Dur.

(For anyone that's interested: Yoshiki wrote 4 songs on that album, hide wrote 3, Taiji wrote 1, Taiji and Toshi wrote 1, and Pata wrote 1.)

I wish I knew how much Yoshiki has changed of Larme between now and then. I remember hearing that small snippet from the dinner show in 2015 and thinking it was the most beautiful I'd ever heard. Wish I could find it again!

Jealousy was intended to be a double album called "Art of Life", but due to pressure of Sony, they didn't have enough time and released a single one. Standing Sex was one of the songs that should have been released on it. Larme was another one, and Taiji had other songs that weren't finished for the album and released the "Rose and Blood" album years later.

Jealousy was the most "interesting" album for me, due to all the story behind it.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: June 09, 2018, 08:34:19 PM
Another unheard song? Awesome!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #56 on: June 10, 2018, 07:04:52 PM
If I had to guess I'd also go with some festival dates over a new album release date (which we've had many over the last 10 years)... Actually I would really like a DVD of the first World Tour they did back in 2011.

Oh and I'm sure any albums they release will have a physical version - that way You can have the two normal versions and four to six limited editions, which fans will all buy ;)

This is my administrator color.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #57 on: June 10, 2018, 08:20:01 PM
Oh and I'm sure any albums they release will have a physical version - that way You can have the two normal versions and four to six limited editions, which fans will all buy ;)
I second that. Pretty sure there will be a physical release (If there is any release at all). The Limited Editions are a perfect way to milk fans money.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: June 11, 2018, 06:44:11 AM
(...) Actually I would really like a DVD of the first World Tour they did back in 2011.

Maybe, but Toshis voice was in a real bad shape back then

(...) The Limited Editions are a perfect way to milk fans money.

;D exactly!

positively unsure。

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: June 11, 2018, 11:48:03 AM
(...) Actually I would really like a DVD of the first World Tour they did back in 2011.

I was in their concert in Brazil. And his voice was amazing.

Toshi's voice was awful in 1994 concerts and they released DVDs anyway. I don't think this is a problem...