X Japan Album.. coming soon!!

returner · 7444

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
on: May 10, 2018, 06:32:58 PM
Yoshiki just tweeted this:

Coming soon.. 完成しそうな雰囲気。。! #XjapanNewAlbum
"This is the evolved version of #XJapan... Regardless of what happened in our past, it's a new album."

And then the image included in the tweet says, "X Japan LP due by Fall with Marilyn Manson track."

https://mobile.twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/994583272679092224

I for one am very excited, both for the album and MM having a track on it.

1.) It's more likely the album WILL come out since someone else is involved with the album.
2.) MM being on the track means there's most likely a new song we haven't heard yet so yay! more new songs
3.) It feels good to be excited over getting the new album again haha

If we don't get the album I'll be sad/disappointed/frustrated/angry... But right now I'm going to enjoy this feeling  ;D

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 09:10:36 PM

positively unsure。

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 12:18:39 PM
I'm still annoyed how in the last days Yoshiki seems to me more interested in promote Marilyn Manson than X Japan itself.
Right now the last 12 tweets of X Japan's twitter talk about Marilyn Manson. It's not only that I find Marilyn Manson disgusting, but I can't think how his style would fit anything on X.

Teemeah

Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 02:05:22 PM
He probably thinks his collab will bring more exposure, it's more for the media fyi than for the fans, I think. It's publicity. We can argue about just how much X needs to ride MM for exposure but apparently Yoshiki's PR company thinks it is a good direction. Whatevs, as long as this helps to push that goddarn album out, I'm fine with one song featuring that dude. I hope no more featurings will be there. I just want my Pata, Heath, Sugizo, Toshi and Yoshiki. Thank you, PR company :)

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 10:55:41 PM
I hope MM can give Yoshiki motivation to finally get the album out, though I do agree with what Teemeah said about it mainly being for the press and not the fans.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 06:21:50 PM
"New album"...

In all seriousness I'll take whatever at this point. If it materializes with a MM collaboration, then cool, at least its out

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 12:44:36 AM
I hope there's a lyric sleeve with the album  :-[ I still don't know what some of the lyrics are in I.V., BTBF, Jade....

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 12:53:49 AM
I hope there's a lyric sleeve with the album  :-[ I still don't know what some of the lyrics are in I.V., BTBF, Jade....

Especially IV. So many wrong transcriptions everywhere.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 03:33:27 AM

Especially IV. So many wrong transcriptions everywhere.

Beneath the Skin became one of my favourite X songs ever. And I can't understand a huge part of it.

I.V. is bizarre. They licensed it to Rock Band 3, and the lyrics are wrong in it. Compare the lyrics on the game and the lyrics which appear on the screens of 2008 concerts, there are so many parts where the lyrics are different.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 05:07:35 AM

Beneath the Skin became one of my favourite X songs ever. And I can't understand a huge part of it.

I.V. is bizarre. They licensed it to Rock Band 3, and the lyrics are wrong in it. Compare the lyrics on the game and the lyrics which appear on the screens of 2008 concerts, there are so many parts where the lyrics are different.

I've given up on understanding BTS. I just don't try anymore. All I know for certain is, "you dive beneath the skin!" And the part where it goes, "when truth is revealed"

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 10:25:57 AM
Still waiting for an official release date... Summer/Fall 2018 just sounds so vague

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 08:02:15 PM
Still waiting for an official release date... Summer/Fall 2018 just sounds so vague

I don't care any official release date, only when I have the album in my hands, then I will believe it's actually happened...

Teemeah

Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 08:39:17 PM
Yeah, saying an actual release date won't make the likelihood of release higher. When it's out, we'll know :P

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 09:39:08 AM

I don't care any official release date, only when I have the album in my hands, then I will believe it's actually happened...

Well I understand that. It's so hard to believe after that many years. We all will probably only be able to fully realize there's a new Album when finally holding it in our own hands. But I am at least willing to believe that somethings gonna be released if he would give some more detailed information that make it sound like an actual plan... like I doubted the release of the We are X Soundtrack until we were able to preoder it. ^^°

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 05:47:59 PM
"New album"...

In all seriousness I'll take whatever at this point. If it materializes with a MM collaboration, then cool, at least its out

Second that.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 06:36:48 PM
The album has been more ready and coming quite a few times in the last 10 years now. While I agree that MM's involvement raises the chance that it actually happens, I remain cautious. I'm not sure Manson+X Japan would be something good but ToshI singing Personal Jesus... Now that would be something interesting :D

This is my administrator color.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 11:56:48 PM
How about MM in the album and X on an opening slot for a US tour? Thatd be pretty awesome. Pipe dream...

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 19, 2018, 01:41:01 PM
This does seem to lean more likely towards the album actually happening, MM being a part of a track on the album puts a responsibility on Yoshiki to not let down his friend in terms of release timing, and letting him down could cause word of mouth to spread amongst western musicians and impact his and the bands reputation. On top of all this it feels like Yoshiki has finally come to the end of producing/finalizing all the new songs for the album over the years, we haven't heard 'La Venus' for a while, but Hero/Beneath the Skin when you hear them live sound like they've been pretty much finished for a few years now, and we got a much more full version of Kiss the Sky on the acoustic tour, though there's much more to that song still apparently.

It just seems like it's coming together, the first half of the new songs, I.V, Jade, BTBF, Without You ect. were finished years ago (wish Scarelt Love Song was a part of that, some of the best atmosphere I've felt in an X song, too bad.) and now we have the other half of the new songs that have been peformed live for years and sound good, really feels like their done and the mixing's being finalised to me.

Only thing i'm concerned about with this release date is that this song with MM sounds like a new one, so that's a whole new song yoshiki's got to complete as well as the mixing of the whole album by the end of the year (though most of that should be done now already imo), I think that's perfectly reasonable and comfortable for someone who's not being overly picky/perfectionist to do, but Yoshiki is those things most of the time, from what we've been shown.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 01:46:26 PM by Ulquiorra4th »

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 19, 2018, 07:17:49 PM
Only thing i'm concerned about with this release date is that this song with MM sounds like a new one, so that's a whole new song yoshiki's got to complete as well as the mixing of the whole album by the end of the year (though most of that should be done now already imo), I think that's perfectly reasonable and comfortable for someone who's not being overly picky/perfectionist to do, but Yoshiki is those things most of the time, from what we've been shown.

MM and Yoshiki have been recording a song since a year ago I believe. He made a Twitter post about it a long time ago. A lot of people speculated whether it would be for VUK or a MM album or what... But apparently it's going on the X album   ;D

Offline Jade

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 01:27:19 PM
I'm not too sure If this MM bromance is a good thing. Although Yoshiki is very versatile, MM is very different. I am not particularly fond of the idea of a collaboration between them. This being said, maybe I will eat my words and it will be great!

Since it's an international album I'm very optimistic that a booklet with the lyrics will be enclosed. Who knows, maybe there is going to be a special edition with an artbook for all the hardcore fans to buy for *only* 300€ haha - I'm very excited anyways.

However, this may be the last X Japan Album we will get, so I think they should take as much time as they need to feel confident in releasing it. I want them to be successful overseas and that will only happen If they deliver a masterpiece! I hope on the studio version of BTS Toshi's pronunciation will be understandable.
All the other songs are pretty clear to me but the lyrics for BTW are hard to make out, partially because of the high notes Toshi has to pull off.

Speaking of Toshis pronunciation I think he has really stepped up his game. The difference was already noticeable after they reunited. But particularly in these past 10 years after the reunion, he improved even more.

So yea all in all I have a very positive feeling about the album but again Yoshiki... pls stop giving us unrealistic time frames. Take all the time you need and don't get drunk with MM. Who knows what could happen!  :o

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 06:21:30 AM
New song called rockstar?

Ex denxdenx

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 06:47:44 AM
He had previewed a few seconds of that song a couple of years ago in a Yoshiki Channel thing (i think it was there). I thought it sounded cool but I always hoped he’d change the name haha it’s so cheesy but I’ll take it.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 11:12:04 AM
He had previewed a few seconds of that song a couple of years ago in a Yoshiki Channel thing (i think it was there). I thought it sounded cool but I always hoped he’d change the name haha it’s so cheesy but I’ll take it.

Rockstar is actually a song he tried to release with Violet UK, called "Hollywood Black Sheep". Even worse.

Just listened to the preview he posted on Twitter... and judging for the tiny piece that played, I didn't like it.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 11:36:33 AM

Rockstar is actually a song he tried to release with Violet UK, called "Hollywood Black Sheep". Even worse.

Just listened to the preview he posted on Twitter... and judging for the tiny piece that played, I didn't like it.

I did not know this. So he is recycling even more songs. Hero was a VUK song as well.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 12:08:17 PM
Here's an old Yoshiki's interview (2002) where he talks also about "Hollywood Black Sheep"

https://atrandum.livejournal.com/2617.html
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:48:37 PM by helenmoon »

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 12:38:02 PM
This interview is really interesting. It reinforces my suspicion that Yoshiki is hesitant to release anythign because hide is no longer there to back him up and say "it's okay, we can release it".

I: You talk to hide about those things also?
Y: We talk about everything. Like, Y: "I'm composing for Hideki (Saijo), what do you think?" H: "If it's YOSHIKI, it has to be good, no?" Or like, Y: "How about making a tribute for KISS?" H:"How about like 'Black Diamond!'" We can talk about anything. So now that I have no 'partner' what am I suppose to do?
I: Yeah...
Y: And of course...I always had hide listen to VIOLET UK's songs and ask "How's this one?" and he would answer something like "It's this kind of sound, huh?" I think the development of VIOLET UK's song was made because I wanted hide to listen to it. So as to ask "What do you think?"

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 01:47:04 PM

I did not know this. So he is recycling even more songs. Hero was a VUK song as well.

Angel was a Violet UK song too

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 02:11:39 PM
God dammit, Yoshiki always pulls me back in even at the height of my frustrations

I think that clip of Rockstar sounded awesome. No idea such a song existed

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 06:21:36 PM
We have to remember that that interview is 16 years old. A lot of what he said then might barely apply now, if at all.

I for one am super excited about the song bc I also loved the preview. I agree with axl that the sound clip sounded awesome.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 07:08:51 PM
Also, apparently Sugizo uses a 7 string guitar and the album and he said one of the songs (maybe Kiss The Sky) is X Japan’s most progressive song. So that sounds interesting.