• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Coachella with surprises

Guest · 45520

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: April 25, 2018, 09:18:12 AM
Why not Hellfest? Their BFFs Marylin Manson and Wes Broland play there all the time. Reeks of moldy cheese and tasteless beer but still a very decent festival.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: April 25, 2018, 09:32:11 AM
Those clips were great! From what I could hear, as I can't turn the sound up loud right now, they sounded better on this show than the last one for sure.   I wish they would have streamed this one, too - soooooo much!

Here's another one I saw with a montage of different songs, ending with Tears. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWbdZOh68uQ

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #242 on: April 25, 2018, 02:35:22 PM
They should play on RockHarz... Dir en Grey and Luna Sea was there years ago afair
Dir en Grey were performing at Wacken 2011.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: April 25, 2018, 06:44:39 PM
That Rusty nail video was great, toshi sang that as well as he did at Lolapalooza, it's great hearing he can still sing that strongly. I.V was great too. Jade was alright, for me it just shows he sings too high sometimes and his voice sounds very thin, his vibrato was sounding gappy, that Rusty Nail video is where his basic tone should be, pretty much for all songs.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:08:08 PM by Ulquiorra4th »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: April 26, 2018, 12:22:13 AM
That Rusty nail video was great, toshi sang that as well as he did at Lolapalooza, it's great hearing he can still sing that strongly. I.V was great too. Jade was alright, for me it just shows he sings too high sometimes and his voice sounds very thin, his vibrato was sounding gappy, that Rusty Nail video is where his basic tone should be, pretty much for all songs.

This.
Rusty Nail on this concert was amazing. It was a long time since we heard Toshi's voice so amazing like this.

But is weird like X Japan social media became Marilyn Manson social media since this concert. Marilyn Manson himself tweeted a total of zero times about Coachella, while X JAPAN official twitter posted ELEVEN different articles about Marilyn Manson playing with them. Not about the concert, not about the public positive reviews of the concert... Just about Marilyn Manson.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:25:17 AM by Joker »

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: April 26, 2018, 09:58:04 PM
But is weird like X Japan social media became Marilyn Manson social media since this concert. Marilyn Manson himself tweeted a total of zero times about Coachella, while X JAPAN official twitter posted ELEVEN different articles about Marilyn Manson playing with them. Not about the concert, not about the public positive reviews of the concert... Just about Marilyn Manson.

That's just basic marketing. MM's name is a bigger buzz word in the US than X Japan is so putting his name on Yoshiki's SM brings more people to Yoshiki.

I do wish MM would tweet something about having fun performing with X/Yoshiki though, and post a few photos on Instagram... He has a big cult following so it would obviously be appreciated...

(And hey... It's not like Coachella was going to invite him alone.)

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: April 27, 2018, 01:57:04 PM
The amount of youtube videos I've seen with the titles "MARILYN MANSON ft x-japan" annoys me. Uh nope, other way around people. Still it does give X publicity no matter what, but maybe more if X were written there as the main act which they were, I think the amount of "Marilyn is all that matters!!...who are these X dudes..." type comments would've been a little less.

Teemeah

Reply #247 on: April 27, 2018, 06:02:37 PM
I'm not sure I want Marilyn Manson's fandom getting into X Japan, though LOL

Manson did post one Instagram post about it before. https://www.instagram.com/p/BhsPd0wBOQd/?taken-by=marilynmanson so not zero at least ;)

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: June 20, 2018, 11:50:01 AM
Yoshiki seems to have been fascinated by David Lynch. He even asked David Lynch to direct his music video for "Longing". I speculate David Lynch was one of Yoshiki's idols like KISS, David Bowie, Sex Pistols, etc. When I first heard that David Lynch directed the MV "Longing", I screamed... Wow! Yoshiki met his hero again? He is a successful fan. How wonderful his life is!

But, apparently, the MV was not released officially for unknown reasons. And Yoshiki never mentions David Lynch. It's a bit odd given that how much he boasts his relationship with celebrities like Marilyn Manson or KISS, and even brief encounters with Michael Jackson or Bill Gates. I speculate something happened between him and the director. Haha!   

Fortunately here they are together, from Yoshiki's official twitter :-) :

https://twitter.com/i/status/1009258940775796736

I think Yoshiki is amazing here... he seems an evanescent gentle alien coming from who knows where...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:24:32 PM by helenmoon »

Your scars are beautiful

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: October 01, 2018, 10:13:22 PM
Personally I wasn't impressed with Manson's performance...
...oh well, all the things you do for exposure on the American Market