• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Coachella with surprises

Guest · 45530

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 10, 2018, 02:27:39 PM

I'm glad they have found a substitute so quickly and I'm curious whom it might be...

I just read on a Japanese community that Miyavi will be the guest guitarist in Coachella. I hope he rocks.

https://youtu.be/xHhmS0ysEH8

Well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Teemeah

Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 02:54:10 PM
I doubt that. Miyavi is on his own world tour at the moment, so I pretty much doubt he will have time and energy to learn to play X songs in a few days.

edit: I think you meant Miya from MUCC, seeing your link, lakeisle. He was at the Tokyo concert today as well, as guest guitarist.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:10:52 PM by Teemeah »

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 03:51:12 PM
Ahhhhhh, I am an idiot. I thought Miya is a nickname of Miyavi, and he is the member of Mucc. Actually I know nothing about Miyavi except for that he was the member of S.K.I.N.

You are right, Teemeah. They say Miya will play in place of Sugizo. But I am not sure. Let's wait for the official announcement. Sorry about the misinformation.  :-X :-X  Thank you for clarifying, Teemeah.  :D

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:19:54 PM by lakeisle »

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 03:53:53 PM

Well...

I'm sorry to upset you with my false information. But the video is so funny. I laughed so hard.

Teemeah

Reply #34 on: April 10, 2018, 03:56:51 PM
It's okay :D I'm a big Miyavi fan, so I was kind of like... no way he would play there :) he's been doing solo stuff for long years now.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 10, 2018, 04:24:26 PM
Confirmed. Miya played today on Zepp. Seems like he will play Sugizo's part on Coachella.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhZJWeZlFVw/

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 10, 2018, 04:53:16 PM
Well...

My thoughts exactly, glad it was a false alarm! I don't know Miya nor MUCC (except that they've got a creepy as heck looking vocalist), but I hope he's good.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 10, 2018, 05:31:48 PM
Good on them for solving the issue

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 10, 2018, 06:49:05 PM
http://loudwire.com/x-japan-guitarist-sugizo-fears-missing-coachella-over-visa-issue/

Wes Borland will also play at Coachella if Sugizo can't go.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 10, 2018, 06:55:23 PM
WHERE will this be livestreamed? What platform? Youtube? Pericope? Something else? Can someone post the link as soon as they have it? tyvm

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Teemeah

Reply #40 on: April 10, 2018, 07:19:05 PM
WHERE will this be livestreamed? What platform? Youtube? Pericope? Something else? Can someone post the link as soon as they have it? tyvm

I already posted the link on the previous page :P https://www.youtube.com/user/coachella

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 11, 2018, 04:14:31 AM
I heard from X fans that Miya is a member of X Suginami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArErEVLc5NE

ㄴ The guy dressed up as Pata in the video is Miya. X Suginami is a copy band of X Japan. Therefore Miya is familiar with all X songs. I don't know if Miya will participate in Coachella Fes or not, but if he does, it can be a good alternative.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 11, 2018, 05:44:33 AM

I already posted the link on the previous page :P https://www.youtube.com/user/coachella

Thanks! LOL! I am really busy and go flying through here like a jet plane and right on past  I missed seeing it.  LOL.  Thanks, again!  8)

Teemeah

Reply #43 on: April 11, 2018, 08:36:50 AM
I heard from X fans that Miya is a member of X Suginami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArErEVLc5NE

ㄴ The guy dressed up as Pata in the video is Miya. X Suginami is a copy band of X Japan. Therefore Miya is familiar with all X songs. I don't know if Miya will participate in Coachella Fes or not, but if he does, it can be a good alternative.

That is definitely a wise decision if they chose him to temporarily cover for Sugizo. he is well-known enough in J-rock circles and knows how to play the songs. From Instagram it looks like Fortus and Borland will join Coachella too, because the caption under one of their posts was something like "4 X Japan concerts, 3 more to go"

Teemeah

Reply #44 on: April 11, 2018, 09:37:16 AM
According to this schedule, X Japan is due at 11:10 pm (if I understand it right because why can't they fucking write the am and pm on this schedule properly?)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhbCUD9AurI/?hl=en&taken-by=yoshikiofficial

For me in Central Europe that would mean the live stream starts at 8:10 am Sunday morning. You can use https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html to convert the time, Coachella is near Palm Springs so that is PDT (UTC-7).

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 11, 2018, 09:57:44 AM
I take it that's Pacific Time as well? Arrgh.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 11, 2018, 10:13:06 AM
X Japan (11:10 p.m., Mojave)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: April 11, 2018, 11:55:42 AM
Probably PM, if it's in Palm Springs it'll be at 8 am on Sunday here in Paris as well. Looks like somebody's gonna get her ass out of bed early this weekend.  8)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: April 11, 2018, 12:03:59 PM
Yes, it's PM. I posted that above, taken from the schedule I found.

https://pitchfork.com/news/coachella-2018-lineup-and-schedule-all-the-set-times-you-need-to-know/

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: April 11, 2018, 01:26:31 PM
WELP it starts at 7:10am for me... Guess I'll have to set my alarm  ;)

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: April 11, 2018, 02:38:01 PM
I saw the concert through the liveviewing and just got out of the theater. Good news! Yoshiki said that Sugizo can go to the US. Guys, don't worry any more. (But I think I worried alone, in vain  ;D)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:51:41 PM by lakeisle »

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: April 11, 2018, 03:45:52 PM
Wow, can't believe my schedule actually lines up perfectly to watch this! It will be a bit later for me here in Texas... 1 am lol. But I should be up anyway so party party!

Btw, did anyone else notice they're performing at the same time as Beyonce? I wonder if they will be heard from all the way over at her stage lol

Edit: I'm really glad Sugizo will be performing at Coachella. It's not the same without him and it really would have been a bummer to kind of present X Japan to America without him. Definitely would have been an incomplete band. He's really become X, I would have been super sad and a little pissed! Haha
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 04:04:51 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: April 11, 2018, 08:27:23 PM
Agh, I'm so relieved that Sugizo can play at Coachella. ;D  As Joker said, a concert without Sugizo would just be weird and it probably wouldn't make a good impression to perform at such a big event like Coachella with a member missing.

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: April 11, 2018, 10:01:04 PM
Holograms of hide and Taiji confirmed....

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: April 11, 2018, 10:20:36 PM
I like Sugizo a lot. One sad thing about no new record is it cements him less in the band. At least they have some singles with him so he is more than a session musician

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: April 11, 2018, 11:25:16 PM

Ugh... Not looking forward to this at all. I wonder how Heath feels about that. I love Taiji and will always prefer him as a basist over Heath (sorry Heath) but Taiji is not the current band. He will always be X but not X as it is today, you know? And that's ok!

I know hide wanted to renew X Japan but... I mean. Maybe it's best I just remain quiet in this one. Yoshiki wants to do it so he's going to do it. It's his band. We're just the fans of it. And Sugizo will never repace hide but he IS our lead guitarist now! That's why we would all be upset if he really wasn't going to be able to make the Coachella show! He's not just a replacement or session guitarist. The fandom considers him theband and I'm sure X does at this point too..

But... I mean... The holograms... Idk... Maybe it will just be for the song X? In that case it could be pretty cool. It is the band's celebration (no pun intended) song.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Guruxo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: April 11, 2018, 11:57:27 PM

Ugh... Not looking forward to this at all. I wonder how Heath feels about that. I love Taiji and will always prefer him as a basist over Heath (sorry Heath) but Taiji is not the current band. He will always be X but not X as it is today, you know? And that's ok!

I know hide wanted to renew X Japan but... I mean. Maybe it's best I just remain quiet in this one. Yoshiki wants to do it so he's going to do it. It's his band. We're just the fans of it. And Sugizo will never repace hide but he IS our lead guitarist now! That's why we would all be upset if he really wasn't going to be able to make the Coachella show! He's not just a replacement or session guitarist. The fandom considers him theband and I'm sure X does at this point too..

But... I mean... The holograms... Idk... Maybe it will just be for the song X? In that case it could be pretty cool. It is the band's celebration (no pun intended) song.

They're seriously bringing back the hologram??  :-\ Any link to where this has been confirmed? Can't find any news on it anywhere.

edit: NEVERMIND! Found it. I thought this was a joke at first to be honest...  :-X
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:59:02 PM by Guruxo »

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: April 12, 2018, 01:30:22 AM
The hide hologram was great, as was using hisbrecordings and images on the screens at first. It's long yme to move on, though. They did a great job honoring his memory during the first yeara of the reunion and Taijis guest appearences in 2010 was good closure

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: April 12, 2018, 03:52:11 AM

:o

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: April 12, 2018, 04:42:26 AM
I saw the concert through the liveviewing and just got out of the theater. Good news! Yoshiki said that Sugizo can go to the US. Guys, don't worry any more. (But I think I worried alone, in vain  ;D)

Thank you so much, lakeisle, for posting this about Sugizo!!  I am soooooo glad he is going to be able to play.  it is going to be a real treat for me to get to see him live, even though it's via the internet.  I can't wait!