X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

An old - but interesting - interwiev with Yoshiki (9/12/13)

helenmoon · 1980

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Here's the link:

http://tokyojournal.com/sections/features-reviews/item/332-yoshiki.html

It's a very long one and he's speaking about everything...

This part made ma smile a lot:

"TJ: Do you stay in touch with your mother?
YOSHIKI: Yes, she’s good but she still treats me like a five or 10-year old kid. After we did the Tokyo Dome concerts, one of the first things she asked me was what did I eat for breakfast that morning and I said,“Mom, I just finished performing in front of 50,000 people three nights in a row and you’re still worried about me being able to take care of myself.”

"TJ: When you were performing for the Emperor and Empress and you saw themsmiling on the big screen, did that feel like success?
YOSHIKI: Yes, I still feel honored and I made my mother super happy. After my performance at the celebration in honor of the 10th Anniversary of the enthronement of the Emperor, I was invited to a party called Enyu-kai. You would usually bring your wife but I took my mother and she met the Emperor’s family. She finally realized that I had become successful because before that no matter how many arenas I sold out, all she asked was, “Did you sleep last night? Did you eat breakfast?” But when I brought her to that event for the Emperor, she knew I did something good."  ;D

Your scars are beautiful

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 04:04:59 PM
Turns out he has a fairly normal mum. All things considered, I'm actually a tad bit surprised.  :o

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 08:12:25 PM
Yeah moms are all like that, whether their kids are office workers and super rock star celebrities, a mom's first concern is always whether you have eaten, slept well and did your laundry. And no matter how old you are, they will always scold you for not wearing ascarf in winter. I'm sure Mrs. Hayashi gets a mild heart attack every time she sees her son on TV with his shirt buttoned down to his waitline. That's every mom's nightmare: "you'll catch a cold, dress properly". I'm 100% sure that when he was sporting princess dresses, his mom was more worried about him catching cold than looking feminine  ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:41:41 PM by Teemeah »

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 02:40:03 AM
Yes, mothers are like that and we are hard wired to be that way, unless there is something wrong with us.  All mothers, mother their children, no matter how old that child is.  The child will always be a child to the mother.  Nothing you can do about it or nothing you do can change it.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 08:12:50 PM
thank you

positively unsure。

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 10:56:56 PM
Well, I mean, mom has a point anyway, Yoshiki clearly can't take care of himself lol That was cute, I also read the rest of the interview, never saw it before thanks