• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

New hide documentary "Hurry Go Round"

Guest · 29078

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: March 28, 2018, 09:53:03 AM
Seeing the side by side did the trick for me, I'm quite convinced it's an actual picture of him. Features match in a way a similar looking model's couldn't. We're probably just so used to seeing pixelated pictures that have toured the internetz over and over, we're having a hard time believing the guy was ever photographed by a pro with a DSLR and not with a potato  8)

Still, it's haunting as fuck.

Haunting, yes, but beautiful, isn't it?  :)

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: March 28, 2018, 09:55:11 AM
To me, that wax model is very haunting.  That almost gives me the creeps but it's also beautiful as well.  The other - the large photos, are warm and beautiful looking as far as the face and the eyes but not the wax replica.  I saw a photo of a man looking at it and he looked like he was gasping.  He had put his hand over his mouth as though he was shocked.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: March 28, 2018, 09:58:51 AM

Beautiful he sure was, but those eyes look like they might move and stare at me through the screen at any moment. That's nightmare material!

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #93 on: March 28, 2018, 10:03:05 AM
I have my hide wig for cosplay in my room on full display. I can't say I wasn't frightened by it a couple of times when I woke up in the middle of the night. LOL

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: March 28, 2018, 10:08:25 AM

Beautiful he sure was, but those eyes look like they might move and stare at me through the screen at any moment. That's nightmare material!

Ohhh the real hide would never scare me.  Maybe cause sometimes I think an awful lot like he did.  I think if I had met him on the street and struck up a conversation, we could have gotten ourselves into some big trouble, playing tricks on people and being damn silly as all hell.  Hahaha!

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: March 28, 2018, 10:10:19 AM
I have my hide wig for cosplay in my room on full display. I can't say I wasn't frightened by it a couple of times when I woke up in the middle of the night. LOL

Show us pictures!! I will have to admit that if I woke up and that wing was hanging there, it would freak the hell out of me at first until I woke up enough to realize what it was. Hahahaha!  I bet it looks like an old character from a comedy that used to run, here.  That character was called "cousin It". lmao

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: March 28, 2018, 10:12:28 AM
Cousin It with his sunglasses on. Hahahahaha!

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: March 28, 2018, 10:30:54 AM
I sure was being ironic, but looking back, maybe not entirely. Unfortunately eating disorders are still considered 'cool' in certain circles, here in the west. And I'm not even talking of those very sick kids who blog daily about their food restrictions and share what they call "thinspo" (pictures of scarily thin models and celebrities they consider pretty - just do a #proana or #promia search on tumblr, you'll see what I'm talking about). I have a bunch of (fairly sane and normal) female acquaintances who lowkey brag about their methods for maintaining their underweight silhouette. They don't make a big deal out of it, but will occasionaly mention how they stuff their faces with a huge brunch every Sunday, then puke it out. Some people seem to find this cool, considering the ladies in question are total glam dolls. Similarly, hard drugs were considered cool in Germany back in the 1970s-80s. A kid called Christiane F. wrote a book about her heroin habits and they made a film starring a pretty and scarily thin model in her role. Then they added in David Bowie, lots of shots of the kids shooting up to 'Heroes' and lots of Berlinesque eye candy. As a result, European kids started to think heroin was cool and the 'junkie' look became a form of aesthetic.

TL;DR: I can totally see young kids thinking bulimia is a cool/cute thing to have. But I have no idea if that's the case in Japan. (heck, I hope not)

I searched "Christiane.F" on the internet. There are some posts on blogs in my country. After reading the rough plot of the movie, I can see the meaning of your profile photo. I'm grown too much to watch the movie, but you made me interested in David Bowie.  ;)(Yes, I'm completely ignorant about Western pop music)

I know there are a handful of girls who boast anorexia and extremely thin body. However, the influence of such girls are limited only on-line. I doubt if the photos or experiences they post are all real. We know there are crazy people who try to gain people's attention and show off their grotesque photos and stories. In many cases, photos are manipulated or fake. Of course, there will be real cases.

I guess 95% of people are not interested in such things, 4.9% of people will be disgusted with it.  And less than 0.1% will admire it.

I may be wrong. I can't know exactly if I am not belong directly to the group.

Anyway, I've never met people who praised their eating disorder off-line. In my society, there is a difference between the cyber space and the real space. I think the neighboring country, Japan, will be the same. But is it different in Europe? Do they boast their bulimia publicly in the real world? At schools or at workplaces or in regional meetings? If so, wow, it's obviously a cultural difference.

By the way, bulimia is a difficult word. As far as I can understand from the dictionary, it's an eating disorder associated with binge eating, right? But is it clear that hide was bingeing? I heard several times that Yoshiki talked about hide's vomiting, but never heard about bingeing.  ::)

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: March 28, 2018, 10:32:19 AM

LOL. Your cousin?

Teemeah

Reply #99 on: March 28, 2018, 10:37:34 AM
It's a character from the TV series Addams Family :)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: March 28, 2018, 10:38:40 AM

LOL. Your cousin?

Hahahahaha, nooooo! Cousin It was a comedy character in an old TV show called Addams Family.  Then there's a newer version, I think.

LOL

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: March 28, 2018, 10:39:09 AM
It's a character from the TV series Addams Family :)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family
Hahahahaha!  :P

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: March 28, 2018, 10:40:58 AM
hahahahahahaha! So embarrassed. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I have to disappear ㅋㅋㅋ

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: March 28, 2018, 11:15:40 AM
hahahahahahaha! So embarrassed. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I have to disappear ㅋㅋㅋ

Noooooo, don't be embarrassed.  It was a silly old tv show.   Nothing to be embarrassed about!

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #104 on: March 28, 2018, 11:16:07 AM
Hey guys,

today I was in Shibuya. I have something for ya:

I've posted 3 of them on imgur...
https://imgur.com/a/zmEZC

positively unsure。

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: March 28, 2018, 11:19:00 AM
Oh COOL!!! I want!! LOL

They better put this up for sale or else! lololol

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: March 28, 2018, 11:44:08 AM
Anyway, I've never met people who praised their eating disorder off-line. In my society, there is a difference between the cyber space and the real space. I think the neighboring country, Japan, will be the same. But is it different in Europe? Do they boast their bulimia publicly in the real world? At schools or at workplaces or in regional meetings? If so, wow, it's obviously a cultural difference.

By the way, bulimia is a difficult word. As far as I can understand from the dictionary, it's an eating disorder associated with binge eating, right? But is it clear that hide was bingeing? I heard several times that Yoshiki talked about hide's vomiting, but never heard about bingeing.  ::)

I guess it really depends on the social circle you're in and the situation. I'm working class and I hang out with working class folks, we have to be level headed and fairly reasonable, so bragging about having an eating disorder in public would be a big no-no. Because of my job, though, I sometimes get to spend time with the very upper French class and I can clearly see the difference. If you go to their brunches and their parties and their all-rich-girls meetings and whatnot, people  will openly brag about how bulimia helps them stay thin and how cocaine makes them better at sex. I cringed a lot at this at first. But they seem to think it's cool. It's glam, it's rock'n'roll, they can afford to engage in risky behaviour because they have a solid security net. It's a different world.  8)

As for bulimia, there are many forms of it. The most common is bingeing and then purging (vomiting). We speculated here Hide could have a form of bulimia because of stuff he said in interviews and Yoshiki openly stating that he made himself throw up a lot (and that they sometimes did it together). But again, it's just speculation. Maybe he didn't do it often or maybe Yoshiki extracted the anecdote from a one-time event.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: March 28, 2018, 03:12:09 PM

I guess it really depends on the social circle you're in and the situation. I'm working class and I hang out with working class folks, we have to be level headed and fairly reasonable, so bragging about having an eating disorder in public would be a big no-no. Because of my job, though, I sometimes get to spend time with the very upper French class and I can clearly see the difference. If you go to their brunches and their parties and their all-rich-girls meetings and whatnot, people  will openly brag about how bulimia helps them stay thin and how cocaine makes them better at sex. I cringed a lot at this at first. But they seem to think it's cool. It's glam, it's rock'n'roll, they can afford to engage in risky behaviour because they have a solid security net. It's a different world.  8)

matsumoto,

It's very interesting. Thank you for sharing your experience and insight. I do not belong to such an upper class, but I can imagine them through your description.

It may be a weird question. (just curiosity) Are there many males among those who boast bulimia? 

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: March 28, 2018, 03:30:54 PM
It may be a weird question. (just curiosity) Are there many males among those who boast bulimia? 

That's actually a very interesting question! Nope, most of them are girls. Bulimia and anorexia can also affect men, though, it's just that modern society puts way more pressure on women to please the opposite sex than the other way around.

Teemeah

Reply #109 on: March 28, 2018, 05:10:05 PM

Show us pictures!! I will have to admit that if I woke up and that wing was hanging there, it would freak the hell out of me at first until I woke up enough to realize what it was. Hahahaha!  I bet it looks like an old character from a comedy that used to run, here.  That character was called "cousin It". lmao
It's not such a god quality cosplay. It's just a try, and I don't look anything remotely like hide in it. LOL.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: March 29, 2018, 10:13:22 AM

It's not such a god quality cosplay. It's just a try, and I don't look anything remotely like hide in it. LOL.

LOL, well could you take a photo of the wig or you with the wig on? I understand if you don't want to put your photo on the net but maybe the wig would be ok?

I have a hide wig, too, but mine is like his hair was in Last Live and I sure don't look like him.  Hahahahaha!

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: March 29, 2018, 01:42:50 PM

That's actually a very interesting question! Nope, most of them are girls. Bulimia and anorexia can also affect men, though, it's just that modern society puts way more pressure on women to please the opposite sex than the other way around.

Thank you. Yes, I agree that women have more pressure on their appearance. But I think having anorexia(or other eating disorders) and boasting it to others are different thing. If the anorexic condition is due to the obsession that they should look attractive to the opposite sex, in my opinion, boasting it to others is something exists only in female to female relationship.

It sounds like misogynist... But I can't even imagine women boast their bulimia to the opposite sex(likewise, I can't imagine male boast it to female or male boast it to male). Are there many women who boast bulimia to men? And do men think it cool?

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: March 30, 2018, 02:45:21 PM
Hey guys,

today I was in Shibuya. I have something for ya:

I've posted 3 of them on imgur...
https://imgur.com/a/zmEZC

Aww... It must be a strange feeling... I guess hide is known also by young people in Japan...

Your scars are beautiful

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #113 on: March 30, 2018, 03:27:44 PM

Aww... It must be a strange feeling... I guess hide is known also by young people in Japan...
Yeah I am pretty sure young people know him. His face can be seen at the biggest crossing in the middle of Shibuya. ^^

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline aki

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: April 30, 2018, 08:48:17 PM
...found another photo regarding the new documentary (whoops, it's HUGE):

And apparently there's a longer trailer now:

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: May 01, 2018, 03:14:57 AM
Yea, I saw that one, too.  I think I put it in my Pinterest list.

Offline scorpiobleue

• View Profile
Reply #116 on: May 03, 2018, 12:46:58 AM
Not sure, probably several in the hide museum. I only find photos of the one they promoted outside the museum, and it is incredibly life-like

https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/796503884071390246/

That's a wax figure?! Holy crap that looks real, like they took a picture of him at an event somewhere. Wow

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: May 03, 2018, 05:54:28 AM
Not sure, probably several in the hide museum. I only find photos of the one they promoted outside the museum, and it is incredibly life-like

https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/796503884071390246/

That's a wax figure?! Holy crap that looks real, like they took a picture of him at an event somewhere. Wow

hide had a wax impression made of his face or head.  Maybe more than one.  Not sure how many.  But that's how that wax figure of him was done.

Teemeah

Reply #118 on: May 03, 2018, 07:58:36 AM
I hope that happened while he was alive....

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: May 03, 2018, 08:32:36 AM
I'm pretty sure it did... eeeeeek if it didn't.   :-\