• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

New hide documentary "Hurry Go Round"

Guest · 28790

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 10:08:51 PM
Yeah it is probably a digitally improved photo. Technology improved a lot, and now we are able to make films shot in the 1920s look like they were shot two weeks ago. I realy wish old X Japan footage were taken to be digitally improved, as well. It would be awesome to see 1989 concert footage in full HD. Maaaaan.

Yoshiki, if something, THIS should be your next project. :D

THIS. THIS. THIS. So much this. Why does every single one of their videos pre-2008 have to look like it was shot with a potato?

I agree.  I see videos with great sound but the video sucks.  I am always tempted to download them and try to edit the videos to a higher quality,  if I can find the software to do it, then reupload.   They'd probably get pulled down, though.  lol

As far as I know this is impossible, unfortunately. A lot of X Japan's footage from their early days/90s was recorded with betacam which natively is standard definition resolution. I was kind of sad with the "bluray" releases as they are better quality but it's just a very cleaned up release from the master tapes, and they're still in SD, hence the black bars on the sides.

We'd only be in luck if any shows were recorded on film which when converted to digital, can be upwards of 4k resolution or more depending on what's used. Take a look at this footage of Nirvana from a show in 1991 recorded on film and converted to digital, it's incredible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84CDRhobXsQ this is why films from the 30s and whatnot can look like they were shot yesterday if the master film is in good condition before being converted.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:15:07 PM by Feudal »

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 10:59:39 PM
As far as I know this is impossible, unfortunately. A lot of X Japan's footage from their early days/90s was recorded with betacam which natively is standard definition resolution. I was kind of sad with the "bluray" releases as they are better quality but it's just a very cleaned up release from the master tapes, and they're still in SD, hence the black bars on the sides.

Yeah but for what it is, the quality is really really good, especially if you watch it directly from the bluray. That said, I wish they could be properly converted.

I feel the eyes and chin look like hide's but there is something that looks odd, I doubt it's an actual photo of hide.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 20, 2018, 02:04:21 AM
A professional can make magic with good, professional photo editing programs.   :)

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline scorpiobleue

• View Profile
Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 04:38:10 AM
I'll wait five years... I could start studying japanese in the meantime...  ::) ;)

I already started on Duolingo  :D in 5 years I can be fluent :D

How is Duolingo? I was thinking about using it to study Japanese.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: March 20, 2018, 05:45:20 AM
This is also a photograph that has been manipulated or altered.  Doesn't look real in some ways but it is.

Someone else found the cover photo with no text on it.  Nice!!

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: March 20, 2018, 06:48:50 AM

I think it's useful, but personally I have to write down the letters because reading only is not enough for me to remember them

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #36 on: March 20, 2018, 09:54:54 AM
I'll wait five years... I could start studying japanese in the meantime...  ::) ;)

I like it. The course is in beta, so there are a few mistakes in there, wrong pronunciation for a couple of kanjis but it's OK. It's good for a start and good to reinfroce information. I do plan to start using other means as well. :)

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: March 20, 2018, 10:45:11 AM
@LEMONedMe, the first picture looks quite real to me. The stage lights make him look a bit different (read, chalky white), but it doesn't look off.

Who wants to start a cool conspiracy theory? Hide never really existed, his character was played by a bunch of different people (which explains the dramatic hair and face changes throughout the years). When technology improved and HD cameras were invented, they had to kill off their imaginary guitarist or else we would all find out. Beat this.  8) 8) 8)

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: March 20, 2018, 10:56:25 AM
That's actually hide's PSYBORG. I just realized it.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: March 20, 2018, 03:37:39 PM
hide wore braces!!!!!!!!!!   :o

Look at his bottom teeth.  Maybe some on the side of his upper jaw as well.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:54:55 PM by LEMONedMe »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: March 20, 2018, 10:51:43 PM
hide wore braces!!!!!!!!!!   :o

Look at his bottom teeth.  Maybe some on the side of his upper jaw as well.

Yes, he started to wear braces few time before he died. You can clearly notice it on Last Live, where sometimes looks like he is trying to hide them.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: March 20, 2018, 11:07:07 PM
Hmmm, I never noticed them on Last Live or any other time.  I did notice that sometimes his teeth looked kinda strange, though, but I am thinking that was earlier.   I don't remember exactly what videos.  I'll have to check it out.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: March 20, 2018, 11:08:51 PM
@LEMONedMe, the first picture looks quite real to me. The stage lights make him look a bit different (read, chalky white), but it doesn't look off.

Who wants to start a cool conspiracy theory? Hide never really existed, his character was played by a bunch of different people (which explains the dramatic hair and face changes throughout the years). When technology improved and HD cameras were invented, they had to kill off their imaginary guitarist or else we would all find out. Beat this.  8) 8) 8)

I was thinking more of how his hair looks and the shadow along the side of his nose.   LOL

Sure, let's start a conspiracy! Hahaha!  ;D

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: March 21, 2018, 08:55:32 AM
Hmmm, I never noticed them on Last Live or any other time.  I did notice that sometimes his teeth looked kinda strange, though, but I am thinking that was earlier.   I don't remember exactly what videos.  I'll have to check it out.

Probably not braces. His teeth were very badly stained by tobacco, though, especially in his later years.

Teemeah

Reply #44 on: March 21, 2018, 11:39:46 AM
I don't think that's braces. The wires would be visible.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: March 21, 2018, 04:07:28 PM

As someone who wore braces for some years, I know that there are some more expensive models which are more discrete, and the wires has almost the same color as the teeth.

I still think he was wearing braces, not that his teeth were damaged.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: March 21, 2018, 11:48:40 PM

Can you see them now?

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: March 22, 2018, 06:19:35 AM

I like it. The course is in beta, so there are a few mistakes in there, wrong pronunciation for a couple of kanjis but it's OK. It's good for a start and good to reinfroce information. I do plan to start using other means as well. :)

Thank you for the information. It looks so fun :D

Teemeah

Reply #48 on: March 22, 2018, 07:47:12 AM

As someone who wore braces for some years, I know that there are some more expensive models which are more discrete, and the wires has almost the same color as the teeth.

I still think he was wearing braces, not that his teeth were damaged.

I also wore braces, but in the 90s I doubt there were invisible wires.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: March 22, 2018, 07:54:08 AM
There were near invisible over here and every color under the sun.  Those colored ones were annoying to look at.  UGH.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: March 22, 2018, 08:38:52 AM

Thank you for the information. It looks so fun :D

;D

Your scars are beautiful

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: March 22, 2018, 11:50:34 AM
Ceramic braces have been popular since early 90's. If hide were really wearing braces, I don't know why. Once I wondered why Yoshiki and Toshl did not wear braces when they were children. But I always thought hide had nice teeth. His mouth did not protrude and his teeth were arranged. Maybe was there a medical reason?

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: March 22, 2018, 11:57:55 AM
There are definitely metal braces on hide's lower teeth in the photo, above.  The photo is a screen grab from a video so it may not be as evident in the photo but I didn't notice it until I did the screen grab and was working a bit on the color because the whole video is so yellow.  That's when I noticed them.  I have found more but not of the braces but of what really looks like very bad teeth - like what I have seen in videos when he was on stage.  I am checking those, now.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: March 22, 2018, 12:06:16 PM
This is one of the pix of hide's smile and front teeth.  All I have done is blown it up.  This is the kind of thing I have seen in a lot of older videos but not so old that they're discolored or faded, either.  I have a theory but I don't want to believe it.  That or he just had very bad teeth which is possible, being bulimic and not getting proper nutrition.  I guess that would depend on at what age he started making himself throw up.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: March 22, 2018, 12:33:58 PM
Bulimia can definitely do this to teeth and worse.  I just read about 5 articles on it.  I bet he had a whole bunch of work done.  I've noticed a few other things, especially about his smile and lips that could mean some little bit of plastic surgery was done or maybe not.  Especially noticeable to me directly under the nasal septum, called the philtrum. That space directly between the nose and the upper lip.  I am super observant of faces, probably because I was at one time a portrait artist and also a photo retouchist for a photography studio and did all the work in oils, by hand.

I don't want to pick on him cause I adore him so I am not going to nit pick at his face after this.  If he did have work done, why not? I would if I were him and had that kind of money.  Not a doubt in my mind, I'd do it.

Teemeah

Reply #55 on: March 22, 2018, 12:58:42 PM
He was also a chain smoker and drank a lot. I believe he had stained teeth but I don't think he had any braces. Ad plastic surgery, I don't think it s viable, either. He didn't seem like the type of guy who'd go under the kinfe. He did wear tons of makeup, and you can slightly alter your face with makeup too, with correct shading techniques.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: March 22, 2018, 01:00:55 PM
He was also a chain smoker and drank a lot. I believe he had stained teeth but I don't think he had any braces. Ad plastic surgery, I don't think it s viable, either. He didn't seem like the type of guy who'd go under the kinfe. He did wear tons of makeup, and you can slightly alter your face with makeup too, with correct shading techniques.

You can't see the braces on his bottom teeth in the first photo?

Smoking doesn't give a person blackened teeth.  Rust or brown, yes, black and/or grey, no.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: March 22, 2018, 01:23:38 PM
If you look closely in The Last Live, you can definitely see the metal.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: March 22, 2018, 01:24:57 PM
It's in this video which is the one the still shot I posted is from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiXBWraOZxM

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: March 22, 2018, 01:26:09 PM
Didn't he once say he could smoke up to 6 packs of cigarettes when he was recording? I remember reading this on an interview from the mid-1990s. That's something like 120 cigarettes a day. Read, Hiroshima in your mouth and lungs. I'm a rather heavy smoker myself, but I get my teeth bleached professionally every now and then, or else that's excatly what smoking will do to your appearance. Also, you can see a major difference in his smile from pictures when he was younger and the ones circa 1998. Don't think he ever got plastic surgery, though. But it's hard to tell under that ton of makeup.