• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

New hide documentary "Hurry Go Round"

Guest · 28782

Teemeah

on: March 17, 2018, 11:11:49 AM
A new hide documentary film will hit theatres in Japan, titled Hurry Go Round.

https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000152863

I'm not entirely sure why this is needed, I don't think there is anything new this movie will tell. They will again talk to Spread Beaver and some of the American guys that worked with him...

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzajt9d2hbE

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 01:41:26 PM
Music documentaries became pretty popular in the last few years, which is cool since many feature length ones with good production value got and get released.
We are X didn't really tell us anything new either, but I liked it anyway. I only hope there will eventually be a properly subbed version of Hurry go round available online (I doubt there will be an english dubbed version).

Teemeah

Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 02:26:01 PM
Yeah but we are x is the first full length theatrical documentary about x japan, and an internationally intended one at that. This new documentary is, however, not the first hide documentary. They released Junk Story in 2015. And this one also doesn't look like it will get released outside of Japan. 

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 03:58:37 PM
here's a site in english language:

http://neotokyo2099.com/2018/03/14/hurry-go-round-documentary-about-x-japan-guitarist-hide-to-be-released-on-may-26th/

Actor Yamoto Yuba said:
"Hearing his music, It was a pure and powerful feeling that came into my chest and it was fun and unavoidable"... Whoah...
I think perhaps the film could tell something more or describe his life under a particular point of view.
Probably they won't release an english version... :-[ ::)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:16:32 PM by helenmoon »

Your scars are beautiful

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 07:37:47 PM

Guys, they say A.I. translator will be invented in 5 years. It's better to expect an A.I. translator. And 5 years is not a long time for X fans.

Teemeah

Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 09:09:09 PM
A.I will never be true translators because languages have such nuances only complex minds are able to understand and translate to another language. :) Like what you mentioned before in the other thread that you think the word "expressionist" suits that Japanese word best. AI will just translate dictionary words. It will never be able to grasp subtle differences according to mood and feelings. Because language may originate from maths (logic) but it is much more complex than calculating algorhythms. Language is a living, breathing, transforming, changing entity, and robotic algorhythms will never be capable of fully translating that. Not in a way that would be truly meaningful and original and enjoyable. Machine translation might improve accuracy in the future but it will never replace human translators. Thankfully :)

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 09:23:50 PM
I'll wait five years... I could start studying japanese in the meantime...  ::) ;)

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 09:24:48 PM
I'll wait five years... I could start studying japanese in the meantime...  ::) ;)

I already started on Duolingo  :D in 5 years I can be fluent :D

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 17, 2018, 09:26:34 PM
lakeisle the 1st shot is great...! there is always something new with hide... It' s unbelievable  :-*

Your scars are beautiful

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 09:31:08 PM
I already started on Duolingo  :D in 5 years I can be fluent :D

I started on Duolingo too!!!  ;D
and learned to write vowels with a schoolbook, i's fascinating  ::) :D

Your scars are beautiful

Teemeah

Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 09:42:22 PM
Add me, I'm there with the same username :D I'm at level 7, already learning counters and stuff :D I can partially read Toshi's insta posts now, except for the kanji parts  8)

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 09:51:12 PM
lakeisle the 1st shot is great...! there is always something new with hide... It' s unbelievable  :-*

Is it really him? The pictures are awesome, but are somehow... strange.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 09:52:45 PM
Oh I just did something like colors... just few lessons...  ::)

Your scars are beautiful

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 09:54:31 PM

It seems him... It's all I can say  ::)

Your scars are beautiful

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 10:53:43 PM

It seems him... It's all I can say  ::)

It is absolutely him.  That's his nose, chin and that's his mouth. Eyes are partly hidden but they look like him.  Yea, no doubt in my mind plus the first photo is on hide-city.com  :)

And they better do something about translating that into English or I will just have to watch it and not know most of what I am hearing. LOL!

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 08:53:14 PM
Not entirely sure how to feel about this. Part of me is dying to see it, the other part just kind of wishes Headwax would drop the mic and let the guy rest in peace once and for all. The synopsis sounds very interesting, though.

Also, that picture is strangely compelling. I had hard time believing it was the real Hide, though. 8) Quality pictures of him are quite rare, we all got used to seeing the dude through a screen of pixels and low-res distortion. It is a damn strange feeling to see the up-close, high res face of a guy who died two decades ago now! Cherry on top of the cake, he has this deeply unsettling gaze that kind of gives me the shivers.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 09:48:30 PM
Yeah it is probably a digitally improved photo. Technology improved a lot, and now we are able to make films shot in the 1920s look like they were shot two weeks ago. I realy wish old X Japan footage were taken to be digitally improved, as well. It would be awesome to see 1989 concert footage in full HD. Maaaaan.

Yoshiki, if something, THIS should be your next project. :D

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 10:08:45 PM
Yeah it is probably a digitally improved photo. Technology improved a lot, and now we are able to make films shot in the 1920s look like they were shot two weeks ago. I realy wish old X Japan footage were taken to be digitally improved, as well. It would be awesome to see 1989 concert footage in full HD. Maaaaan.

THIS. THIS. THIS. So much this. Why does every single one of their videos pre-2008 have to look like it was shot with a potato?

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 11:11:46 PM
Why does every single one of their videos pre-2008 have to look like it was shot with a potato?

Well, the 1993-1997 Tokyo Dome concerts and the Visual Shock look absolutely amazing, especially the bluray versions. The VS is 9+ hours of video from 1988 to 1992 so there's that.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 12:49:20 AM
There are gobs of great photos of hide out there on the net that are high resolution so I have no doubt it can be done in this documentary as well.  I'm not sure about video editing programs but for still shots, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw are some of the best out there.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 12:50:42 AM

THIS. THIS. THIS. So much this. Why does every single one of their videos pre-2008 have to look like it was shot with a potato?

I agree.  I see videos with great sound but the video sucks.  I am always tempted to download them and try to edit the videos to a higher quality,  if I can find the software to do it, then reupload.   They'd probably get pulled down, though.  lol

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 12:52:26 AM
BTW, there are a lot of translators on the market right now that will translate voice from one language to another in real time.  I keep seeing one advertised on tv as well that you wear over your ear like a headset for talking on the phone.   Tempted to try it!

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 12:57:41 AM
I don't believe that's the real Hide on those photos. The clothing/gloves seem way too modern. His skin/face also seems a bit off. Maybe they used that lifesize wax figure that was made a few years ago? ???

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 01:19:11 AM
A good Photoshop or Illustrator user can do those kinds of effects on the gloves, etc, easily.  Especially if they're a pro.  That's his chin and mouth in that first photo for sure.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 01:34:59 AM
The glove and the pick are manipulated in some program.  I ran the pic through an analyzer.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 19, 2018, 08:57:40 AM
Well, the 1993-1997 Tokyo Dome concerts and the Visual Shock look absolutely amazing, especially the bluray versions. The VS is 9+ hours of video from 1988 to 1992 so there's that.

But I'm cheap AF and I don't buy bluray and DVDs and stuff. I just go on Youtube on my crappy mid-2000s computer, then complain  ;D

The glove and the pick are manipulated in some program.  I ran the pic through an analyzer.

I figured they might have some previously unreleased pictures from him that they might have been saving for a special occasion like this. The Junk Story documentary also flashed some good quality pics from Saver Tiger that I'd never seen before. Also, there wouldn't be much of a point in using a similar-looking model just for the cover, I guess. Still, agree that *something* there looks edited.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 19, 2018, 09:18:43 AM
Yea, see this colored part where the rainbow stripes or whatever you want to call them, that are on the glove and pick are?  If that was not manipulated, it would be white, if anything.  Actually, the whole pic should be very dark and no color or white at all.   But this shows some heavy duty manipulation. 

Teemeah

Reply #27 on: March 19, 2018, 09:24:17 AM
Yeah it might be the wax figure. The eyes look lifeless and dull, even with photoshop.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 11:36:07 AM
Hmmm, looks nothing like a wax figure to me, does it? Probably an unreleased picture from some photoshoot that they enhanced digitally. Would explain the unsettling absence of pores and other skin imperfections (or maybe he exfoliated like crazy). 8) Still, pretty weird to stare into his eyes.

Offline Larool

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 06:58:12 PM
This photo sure feels weird. The eyes look kind of glassy and doll-like. The inner part of the lower eyelid is a strange unnatural pink color and the texture of the hair somehow doesn't look right. It could either be a wax figure or maybe a 3D model of the face photoshopped onto somebody posing with the pick.