News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X JAPAN 10th Anniversary of Reunion - PREMIUM GIGS in Tokyo announced

darkcat21 · 15779

Teemeah

... you know guys it's a bit ridiculous that for months on end you complain about X Japan not doing anything, then when they announce Coachella and announce these concerts, all you can do is complain, say "what a joke" and stuff like that. Can X Japan actually do anything that would please you? :)

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
... you know guys it's a bit ridiculous that for months on end you complain about X Japan not doing anything, then when they announce Coachella and announce these concerts, all you can do is complain, say "what a joke" and stuff like that. Can X Japan actually do anything that would please you? :)

Simple things like releasing the album Yoshiki promises since 2007, playing concerts without playback and an hour of ego-boost, not calling totally unrelated people to the concert, not making fashion shows during a fucking rock concert.

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

Thank you, you just drew up my thoughts. I mean, it's totally fine to dislike it, but I don't understand, if they don't care anymore, if this band can not bring them anything good anymore, why do they care to comment? They don't like the idea of Coachella, they don't like this, even tho it's not even affecting them, since it's only for Japanese fans. :") Just why do they care? I would like to ask, what do they want, but it's just pointless. "The new album", yeah, sure, but the thing is, they don't even care about that anymore either. It's crystal clear, that they don't like this band anymore, and you know what, it's totally fine! I just don't understand, why would you care about something, you don't like... Just let it go. Isn't it easy?

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

Simple things like releasing the album Yoshiki promises since 2007, playing concerts without playback and an hour of ego-boost, not calling totally unrelated people to the concert, not making fashion shows during a fucking rock concert.

You are bringing up shit that happened years ago. The last time the VUK thing happened was 2009, Sugizo has played pretty much all hide parts for years now and Richard and Wes are invited now because they were there 10 years ago, i dont even see the problem thet did well ladt time and you wont even be there lol

Also, you hate all the new songs, why do you want the album? So you can hate on it? You obviously already decided you wont like it.

Teemeah

Yeah my point exactly. If anything comes out, there is complaint, if nothing comes out, thereis complaint. They complain about the new album not being released for years but I BET the moment it comes out, it's going to be bashed by the very same people. It's just ridiculous that they pick on everything Yoshiki does. Everything.  Then why bother about this band, if you dislike everything they do? Do you actually enjoy being so negative about everything? There are plenty of bands you can like, Buck-Tick releases a new album soon, go listen. :) I just cannot understand this mentality, that some of you guys come here claiming you are an X fan, and all you do, literally every single post you do, is about bashing X and Yoshiki all the friggin time. I've been here for about a year now and haven't seen any positive post from some people on this forum. Literally only bashing, whining, and picking on every move this band does. This is not being a fan. You turned into an anti.

Sure, there are things we are not satisfied about, and even things we think are WTF (like these gues players) but can we just focus on the positive stuff? X Japan is doing shit. They actually do stuff. They actually want to play. Why is this not enough for now? Why do people always want a whole arm when someone offers them a thumb?

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Yeah my point exactly. If anything comes out, there is complaint, if nothing comes out, thereis complaint. They complain about the new album not being released for years but I BET the moment it comes out, it's going to be bashed by the very same people. It's just ridiculous that they pick on everything Yoshiki does. Everything.  Then why bother about this band, if you dislike everything they do? Do you actually enjoy being so negative about everything? There are plenty of bands you can like, Buck-Tick releases a new album soon, go listen. :) I just cannot understand this mentality, that some of you guys come here claiming you are an X fan, and all you do, literally every single post you do, is about bashing X and Yoshiki all the friggin time. I've been here for about a year now and haven't seen any positive post from some people on this forum. Literally only bashing, whining, and picking on every move this band does. This is not being a fan. You turned into an anti.

Sure, there are things we are not satisfied about, and even things we think are WTF (like these gues players) but can we just focus on the positive stuff? X Japan is doing shit. They actually do stuff. They actually want to play. Why is this not enough for now? Why do people always want a whole arm when someone offers them a thumb?

I do understand the complaints about the empty promises and lies about the new album, I do understand the complaints about the cancelled concerts ( but just saying, it's been like that since the very beginning unfortunately, it's nothing new :') ) But why the bashing over this premium gig in JAPAN, which will be for JAPANESE fans only, why complain about how much the tickets costs, if you won't buy it? It's like I would buy a dress to myself, and YOU would complain about how expensive it was, does it make sense? Let the Japanese fans complain about it. :) If it's not affecting you, why do you care?

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile

Oh trust me, I'm off enjoying other bands too and other areas of entertainment that actually deliver. I still love X Japan but not this super contrived shit "feather in the cap" shit that Yoshiki is doing as of late. For those of us that have been around since the reunion or even before, we feel cheated by the fact that Yoshiki squandered the better part of a decade. Most of our interest lies within the new album and actual concerts, not a fan club only 2,500 person warm-up show with Fortus and Borland. Trash.

It's easy for you clowns to ask why we're mad and not satisfied that they're doing something when you're averaging nearly 2 posts a day writing fan-fic and other nonsense. We're not cut from the same cloth. Things would be totally different if Yoshiki didn't promise things to his loyal fans that he can't live up to.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

It's easy for you clowns to ask why we're mad and not satisfied that they're doing something when you're averaging nearly 2 posts a day writing fan-fic and other nonsense. We're not cut from the same cloth. Things would be totally different if Yoshiki didn't promise things to his loyal fans that he can't live up to.

I understand enough how old fans are frustrated by canceled concerts and the album delay. But why do you insult members who write fan-fic? What's wrong with fanfic? I don't write or even read it, but I don't care if some fans enjoy it. If you think posting fanfic is wrong, why don't you ask administrators to delete the fanfic category?

And what's wrong with averaging nearly 2 posts a day? You mean that the more they post, the more clowns, and the less they post, the more loyal fans? Then why does this forum exist?

If you have anything you want to refute, just refute it. Why are you insulting those who are not involved?

I'm offended.

Teemeah

It's really interesting how elsewhere you complain about the forum being inactive and here you complain I make 2 posts a day. What's your fucking problem? Are you being bitter that others actually enjoy talking about X japan? If you don't like it, you know where the door is. Why should I feel bad about enjoying conversation with others about topics I like? And calling others clowns because our opinion differs is just a nasty, hateful thing. As the saying goes in my country, we were not looking after geese together so you could afford to talk to me like that. Go and let your steam out on someone else.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Maybe we are just frustrated because after following the band for 15+ years, having expectations about their reunion being broken again and again by Yoshiki, losing money with cancellations and empty promises while a band which once had its value, was somehow important to us, became just a tool for Yoshiki autopromotion. We created high expectations with lots of announcements which turned to nothing while Yoshiki cancel concerts, postpone albums because he is too busy making drama on Twitter and travelling to promote a two year old movie about himself. Sometimes I read the news and think that hide was really THAT important on the band and Yoshiki has some hard times making the band work without him.

My only issue with they playing at Coachella is because the people who go to Coachella aren't going to see them. I don't find it particularly bad, at least they are doing something. Is not the same public.. It is not like Lollapalooza, where they were unknown, but was a rock band in a rock festival. They are playing on the same festival as Beyonce and quite a lot of artists not remotely related to their style. They may face some real hostile audience.

I don't "hate" what they have done after the reunion. The London concert and mainly the acoustic tour were amazing. They looked like a band again, everyone working together and showing awesome performances.

TL;DR: I'm just frustrated how a band which I admired for so long became just "our lord and savior Yoshiki and his underlings".
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:14:58 PM by Joker »

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Maybe we are just frustrated because after following the band for 15+ years, having expectations about their reunion being broken again and again by Yoshiki, losing money with cancellations and empty promises while a band which once had its value, was somehow important to us, became just a tool for Yoshiki autopromotion. We created high expectations with lots of announcements which turned to nothing while Yoshiki cancel concerts, postpone albums because he is too busy making drama on Twitter and travelling to promote a two year old movie about himself. Sometimes I read the news and think that hide was really THAT important on the band and Yoshiki has some hard times making the band work without him.

This. Paris 07, etc.

But, still, keep it civil guys, no need to be rude.

Teemeah

you are again brining up 10+ year old complaints. You mock Yoshiki for not being able to get over his father's death, hide's death etc. but you keep complaining about 10+ year old happenings. It seems you are just like Yoshiki, unable to let go of the past. Then why are you complaining about Yoshiki's mentality, when yours is the exact same?

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
It's no wonder they talk about 10 year old stuffs because it's a thread on X Japan 10th Anniversary of Reunion. Regardless of thread's topic, it's Yoshiki himself who sells the past through the documentary or whatsoever.

It's a personal story, but I've discovered X Japan in 2015 and had 2 year hiatus. Yoshiki's something really drove me crazy, so I once left X Japan completely. (yes, came back) I don't know yet if I'm his fan or hater. So I can imagine how much 10~20 year old fans have been frustrated so far. But you don't need to insult new fans.

On the other hand, you don't need to preach them to be positive. And you don't need to say "if you can't be positive, leave this forum" blah blah. Even if you don't say that, most fans have already left. Reading the threads posted 10 years ago, it looks so fun. There were Many people and many topics. I think they really loved X. But most of them already left. So you don't need to say "Leave this forum unless you can be positive".

I mean... I hope the fans respect each other. Old fans and new fans, negative opinion or fangirlic posts... whatever.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I don't expect the album to be musically interesting anyway, for me, it's more exciting that they give the evergreens a new twist, like they did with the acoustic concerts. And I kinda sympathize with Yoshiki's inability to wrap it up, I also fail again and again at finishing my demo song recordings.
I also prefer listening to old Beatles records instead of Paul's new albums... but at least I could if I wanted to, they actually exist  ;-)

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
TBH, I had heard about this on Twitter or somewhere, but somehow IDGAF.

No L.A. show, no care. ¯\_(≖ ︿ ≖ ✿)_/¯

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Sometimes I read the news and think that hide was really THAT important on the band and Yoshiki has some hard times making the band work without him.

True, true. I get that feeling too, sometimes. Hide, come back bro, u was tha real MVP.

(...) at least they are doing something. Is not the same public.. It is not like Lollapalooza, where they were unknown, but was a rock band in a rock festival. They are playing on the same festival as Beyonce and quite a lot of artists not remotely related to their style. They may face some real hostile audience.

My feelings, exactly. I'm afraid their agent didn't quite hit the nail on that one. Coachella is not your traditional X fan's natural habitat. And the crowd there doesn't really have new fan potential. But what do I know.

(...) Reading the threads posted 10 years ago, it looks so fun. There were Many people and many topics. I think they really loved X. But most of them already left. (...) I mean... I hope the fans respect each other. Old fans and new fans, negative opinion or fangirlic posts... whatever.

THIS. We need to keep X Freaks alive, guys.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Can we at least agree that Jesushiki is our lord and savior?

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Oh please,  that's terrible.  Sorry but that is my feeling on it.  He is not my Lord and definitely not my savior!  ::)

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I just laughed my ass off loud enough to wake my dozing co-worker a few cubicles down from mine  8)

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Can we at least agree that Jesushiki is our lord and savior?

I'll just leave this here: https://goo.gl/images/2F3pXm

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Yoshiki has been meme-ing himself since the 1980s, guys. We can hardly come up with anything original.  8)

Teemeah

first fancam from today's show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyhmQVYsoaM

and insta video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BhZGlvAlHme/?tagged=xjapan looks like Yoshiki survived the first night of drumming :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:04:19 PM by Teemeah »

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Woah, thanks Teemeah!

I don't want to be a bad fan but that intro with all the post-op wheelchair Yoshiki videos and him standing on his drumset like Christ on the cross totally made me ROFL. Anyway, I have to re-watch those when I get home, with decent sound. Did we just see Heath with an open white shirt? I though he was only allowed black  8)

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Setlist of the first concert:
1-Jade
2-Rusty Nail
3-Kiss the Sky (don't know yet if it was the full song)
4-I.V.
5-PATA Guitar Solo
6-Drain
7-Sugizo Violin Solo
8-Beneath the Skin
9-Forever Love
10-Art of Life (Piano solo)
11-Kurenai
12-World Anthem
13-Endless Rain
14-Born to be Free
15-X

Miya from MUCC played with them.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Thanks, Teemeah!!!! That's beautiful!  :)

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Wes Borland played I.V., Fortus played Born to be Free and Miya played Kurenai.

Marc Benioff uploaded the beggining of the concert.  4 years and even Kiss the Sky isn't ready yet. Piano and voice again.

https://twitter.com/Benioff/status/983664128743976960

Sugizo improvising on Rusty Nail solo. I kinda like it. But then they dropped a key in X. :(

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhZbaStgHSh/?tagged=xjapan

Age also comes to Toshi, he was struggling on the last concerts to sing X.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:44:59 PM by Joker »

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Good thing Forever love is on the playlist. But Art of life piano solo...I hope it isn't just the solo from the middle of the song, because that would make for a good time to buy a drink.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Good thing Forever love is on the playlist. But Art of life piano solo...I hope it isn't just the solo from the middle of the song, because that would make for a good time to buy a drink.

Agree.  I just don't like that falling all over the piano and wrong notes.  Horrid.

Teemeah

to each their own, I love the piano solo.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I love it too except when he is hitting wrong notes, on purpose no less.  It makes me cringe. Maybe that's because I am a musician as well and can always hear wrong notes and can't stand it.   :o