• View Profile

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
X JAPAN LIVE 2018 PREMIUM GIGS ~The Night of Resurrection of YOSHIKI~

That's the official name of the concerts lol

hi there

Teemeah

:D I hope this will mean the beginning of a world tour. .... and subsequently the release of the damned album LOL

Offline sasasama

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

That title tho.  ;D ;D ;D I really do hope, there's much more to come. I'm so excited.  :o

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile

Yoshiki is the new Jesus.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

Well, that's one I did not see coming

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
I don't know what to think of it.   ::)
Hopefully Yoshiki has totally recovered and able to do the concerts.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile

Yoshiki is the new Jesus.

I miss the old times when Yoshiki's ego wasn't so INSANELY HUGE.

Pata was on the verge of death on 2016 and there was no "Pata ressurrection concert". Yoshiki only used it as an excuse do postpone the album again.
Toshi was brainwashed and tortured on a cult for 15 years. There was no "Toshi ressurrection concert".

Yoshiki is coming back after a surgery that he should have done during the three years on which he played absolutely nothing: OMG OUR LORD AND SAVIOR AMAZING GENIUS ROCK STAR IS COMING BACK.

Teemeah

It's called marketing.  ;) And for marketability, Yoshiki is still the most powerful of the 5 members. Also, i think Pata would have hated if he were put in the spotlight like that.

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
So nobody is going to talk about the ridiculous ticket prices?  ???

Teemeah

I think it's called premium gigs for a reason, and apparently ticket prices include merch https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000088.000021123.html

I'm used to Korean concert prices in Europe, real no name rookie bands ask half of this price, so, 30 thousand yen for X Japan premium with merch included is not such a big deal.

Also, Zepp Divercity is a 2500 ppl venue, this looks more like an intimate show, and they might have some surprises planned. Probably mostly open to hardcore fanclub members.

What buggers me more than the price is that Fortus and Borland are supposed to be there, too.... Jesus, why are they needed?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:46:49 PM by Teemeah »

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
What a racket. $300 to watch Yoshiki warm up for Coachella? Lmao release the album already.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I miss the old times when Yoshiki's ego wasn't so INSANELY HUGE.
(...)
 OMG OUR LORD AND SAVIOR AMAZING GENIUS ROCK STAR IS COMING BACK.

lol shut up and pray to our Lord and Saviour Jesushiki for your daily bread, amen  8)

What buggers me more than the price is that Fortus and Borland are supposed to be there, too.... Jesus, why are they needed?

And next up on Yoshiki's WTF guitarist wishlist: Eric Clapton, Brian May, Paul McCartney, Les Paul's hologram in tranny makeup and Pope Francis (let's keep this holy).

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 11:44:42 PM by matsumoto »

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
It's called marketing.  ;) And for marketability, Yoshiki is still the most powerful of the 5 members. Also, i think Pata would have hated if he were put in the spotlight like that.

Oh. And you freaked out on other topics when I said the whole Yoshiki drama was also marketing.

I think it's called premium gigs for a reason, and apparently ticket prices include merch https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000088.000021123.html

I'm used to Korean concert prices in Europe, real no name rookie bands ask half of this price, so, 30 thousand yen for X Japan premium with merch included is not such a big deal.

Also, Zepp Divercity is a 2500 ppl venue, this looks more like an intimate show, and they might have some surprises planned. Probably mostly open to hardcore fanclub members.

I'd bet if I could that the setlist will be the same as always and a total of zero surprises will appear at the concert.

If Fortus and Borland appear at the concert, is the final proof that Yoshiki totally lost his mind.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile

I'd bet if I could that the setlist will be the same as always and a total of zero surprises will appear at the concert.

If Fortus and Borland appear at the concert, is the final proof that Yoshiki totally lost his mind.

Bet you're right! LOLOLOL

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
In any case, foreigners who don't live in Japan can't go to the concert. I've heard that they'll check identification thoroughly. So you can't enter the venue with the concert ticket that you bought from your friends in Japan or from the purchase agency.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
In any case, foreigners who don't live in Japan can't go to the concert. I've heard that they'll check identification thoroughly. So you can't enter the venue with the concert ticket that you bought from your friends in Japan or from the purchase agency.

uh? Ok... someone really has something up his ass lately.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
LOL LAME

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
The title of the concert doesn't really bother me.
Curious how the gigs are gonna turn out. The addition of Richard and Wes makes it a little bit more interessting to me, but here it depends how they are gonna be used and if they are allowed to show more of their skillset.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

Where did you read that? That sounds very odd. I can't find that info anywhere.

Teemeah

I think this is because it's open to fanlcub members (and as far as I know, for most Japanese artists, if you do not have alien registration in Japan, you cannot even be a fanclub member). The article I linked says something about "lottery", so I think it's that fanclub members can win the chance to buy the ticket for the show. it's not gonna be open to the public maybe? Am I understanding it right, lakeisle-nim?

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

Where did you read that? That sounds very odd. I can't find that info anywhere.

I think they decided to adopt this method to prevent the price of tickets from being incredibly expensive in the black market(I'm not sure if this term "black market" is proper in this context). Because you can hardly get tickets of this small scale concerts. If scalpers sell tickets on somewhere like auction, then the price becomes incredibly high. So I don't think it's odd. Have you been planning to go to the concert?

Anyway, here is the source. Yoshiki-mobile.

http://www.yoshiki-mobile.jp/archives/2091

◆「チケット転売についての注意事項・当日ご本人確認のご案内」

転売防止対策の為、当日はご入場時に来場者様の本人確認を実施させていただきます。 ご入場時に、「当選者様」と「来場者様」が、同一である事が確認できない場合や、転売や譲渡等が発覚した場合、ご入場をお断り致します。

※チケットに印字される氏名は、申込時にご入力した氏名が印字されます(申し込み後変更不可)。

※ご家族間、ご友人間であっても、譲渡は固くお断りをしております。

◆「本人確認」の方法について

氏名が記載されているチケット、主催者が指定する「本人確認書類」を使用してご本人確認を行います。

X JAPAN 主催者指定の「本人確認書類」

▼顔写真付きの物は、1点をご持参下さい。対象は下記の物になります。

①パスポート

②運転免許証

③写真付き学生証

④住民基本台帳カード

⑤身体障害者手帳

⑥在留カードまたは特別永住者証明証

⑦マイナンバーカード(個人番号が見えない、専用のカードケースをご利用下さい。)

▼①~⑦をお持ちでない場合は、下記、公的証明書の2点、もしくは公的証明書1点と、名前が印字されている物1点以上で確認をとらせて頂きます。(公的証明書1点ではご入場できません)

・保険証

・住民票

・戸籍謄本

・戸籍抄本

・印鑑登録証明書

・年金手帳

※顔写真付きの証明証については、有効期間内のものをご用意ください。

※公的証明書はいずれも、公的に発行された状態のままお持ちください。また住民票、戸籍謄本、戸籍抄本については発行後半年以内のものとします。(コピー不可)

※証明証を当選者から借りて、当選者になりすましてご来場は絶対におやめください、保険証の貸し借りは法律で禁止されております。

※本人確認書類を細工、本人確認書類の偽造、偽造した本人確認書類の使用は全て犯罪行為となります。

【名前が印字されている物】

・社員証

・顔写真の無い学生証

・クレジットカード

・キャッシュカード

・診察券

※公共料金請求書(電気/水道等)や、各種郵便物の類は、名前が印字されたものであっても不可となります。

※全てについて、コピー/手書き/期限切れ/使用不可の細工が施してある物は不可です。

I think this is because it's open to fanlcub members (and as far as I know, for most Japanese artists, if you do not have alien registration in Japan, you cannot even be a fanclub member). The article I linked says something about "lottery", so I think it's that fanclub members can win the chance to buy the ticket for the show. it's not gonna be open to the public maybe? Am I understanding it right, lakeisle-nim?

I don't know for sure either. But as far as I know, it's very difficult to buy tickets for Japanese concerts without commissioning to purchase agencies, let alone joining fanclubs.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

I think they decided to adopt this method to prevent the price of tickets from being incredibly expensive in the black market(I'm not sure if this term "black market" is proper in this context). Because you can hardly get tickets of this small scale concerts. If scalpers sell tickets on somewhere like auction, then the price becomes incredibly high. So I don't think it's odd. Have you been planning to go to the concert?

ohhh I see, thanks for the explanation! :) and no, not planning to go to Japan lol maybe next time they do US, South America or maybe Europe in year 2043

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Oh, god, just saw the official announcement of Fortus and Borland.

Why? It was totally nonsense in 2008, is even more now. I hope Yoshiki don't bring back hide hologram as well.

Teemeah

What I thought initially was right, it's fanclub access only. And it will be broadcast in certain theatres live accross Asia.

http://jrock247.com/2018/03/x-japan-announces-10th-anniversary-of-reunion-premium-gigs/

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Oh, god, just saw the official announcement of Fortus and Borland.

Why? It was totally nonsense in 2008, is even more now. I hope Yoshiki don't bring back hide hologram as well.

Oh hell no!  ::)

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile

Oh crap. Please. Not. The. Hologram.

Teemeah

why not? I want a hide ft. Michael Jackson hologram  ;D ;D ;D

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
What I thought initially was right, it's fanclub access only. And it will be broadcast in certain theatres live accross Asia.

http://jrock247.com/2018/03/x-japan-announces-10th-anniversary-of-reunion-premium-gigs/

There are several steps of selling tickets. Selling for fanclub comes first, and then seliing for the public starts. It depends. (f.e. V.I.P -> fanclub -> the public) So when the selling for fanclub is finished, then they will sell tickets for the public. But foreigners can't buy it. LOL.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
What a joke

Gee I wonder what the setlist will be...