X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki and hide got drunk while broadcasting and set the studio on fire!

LEMONedMe · 3544

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
LOL!!

OK, no clue if this is on here.  I've been searching for 2 days and can't find anything about it and it was in another Japanese Yahoo article from the page about X playing at the Red and White contest on the NHK channel.  It went through google's translator so things look a bit silly in places but I know anyone who hasn't read it will be able to figure it out.

Toshl YOSHIKI fire-blowing case before 25 years old talks
[September 13, 2017 21: 3 minutes]

X JAPAN's Toshl, playwright Mr. Naofumi Konagami (59) Singer / songwriter miwa (27) will release "All Night Nippon Premium" (October 2 start, Monday - Friday 7 pm) at Nippon Broadcasting Imagine Studio 13, Attended the personalities presentation of.

"All Night Nippon" celebrates its 50th anniversary in October. To celebrate this, we will broadcast the same program for a half year from October to March. As a personality of January to March next year, Toshl on Monday, Konfu on Tuesday, miwa on Wednesday, baka rhythm on Thursday. In the past each has experience of "all night Nippon" personality.

Among them, Toshl who was in charge from April to August 1992 said, "It was a dream to become a radio DJ before becoming a rock singer, so I am excited and happy for being appointed for the first time in 25 years." .

In July 1992, there was a case that YOSHIKI and HIDE who got drunk while live broadcasting went into and struck a fire in the studio. About this matter "Both of us were in a state of drunkenness so much that we could not say it here ... It was absolutely impossible now, but I blew the fire at the end. Only the sound that was transmitted was transmitted "," It was said that the director's hair at that time was burning and that the reason (retreat of the hair) was accelerated. " While it was a hot topic about who blew the fire among fans, "YOSHIKI himself said that he himself, but I heard the sound twice" I think that I am two people. " And the truth is still in the dark after 25 years have passed, Nippon Broadcasting related official said, "Let's officially be YOSHIKI." Toshi said, "I'd like you to come back to YOSHIKI, so now I have a lot of relationships with each other", he said, "I said that I also refrained from drinking, and it will be OK at 7 PM.

"As X JAPAN could not be long in overseas expansion, I regretted in myself," he said, "I am looking forward to revenge," he said in his heart.

I know revenge isn't the right word at all but maybe lakeisle can translate it correctly???

https://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/201709130000634.html

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Teemeah

LOL. Yoshiki did mention a couple of times previously that he hated radio interviews so it is quite possible he would rather be drunk there. LOL. And sweet Toshi, he promises that since he doesn't drink, he won't set the studio on fire. :D

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I wonder who actually lit that fire? hide? lololol. Somehow, I got the feeling he started it.  lol

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I think it is Yoshiki. He already set fire on his drums twice.

(from 5:00~)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=125&v=xWmsyd2b4-8
(from 2:00~)

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
LEMONedMe,

I just realized my nickname is mentioned. I knew Yoshiki and Hide appeared on radio show drunken in 1992, but I never knew they lit fire. I found a blog the recording of the day is uploaded. The first clip of 3 is it.

https://blog.naver.com/nassyican/220375560584

(situation)

There are Toshl and drunk Yoshiki in radio studio(Hide is not there yet). Toshl is trying to host his radio show and Yoshiki keeps disturbing him("Don't read the script", "It's not fun at all", blah blah).

(1:33) Toshl shouts "It's dangerous. What are you doing?"
(1:40) loud noise (Yoshiki had been having SPIRYTUS(alcohol of 95 degrees) in his mouth. He spitted it out and lit a staff's hair)

Toshl says he wanna go home. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be a big fire. Toshl tries to host the show and Yoshiki disturbs again. 

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
I was wondering because those others were concert footage and it wasn't making sense. LOL. I listened to the 3 videos on the page you posted and I hear a lot of screaming on the first one.  OMG, hahahahahaha!  I wonder if that was the guy who was running the station and his hair was on fire.  Wooooo! I bet Yoshiki didn't get invited back.  :D

Teemeah

Ahaha thank you for the link lakeisle! It's awesome. I can actually read all of it. OMG, they are so crazy! I think Yoshiki is nowadays more reserved in public but it seems like he really didn't care about reputation or things like that back in those days :D When he teases Toshi for not drinking the beer like "are you still a baby?" and Toshi reluctantly drinks the beer. OOuch, poor Toshi. :) and Toshi is like a kindergarten teacher trying to keep Yoshiki seated. LOL.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Am I the only one who has A LOT of trouble imagining Yoshiki doing all that crazy stuff back in the good old days?  ;D
I mean, look at him. He's almost too polite to breathe properly now.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Teemeah

Am I the only one who has A LOT of trouble imagining Yoshiki doing all that crazy stuff back in the good old days?  ;D
I mean, look at him. He's almost too polite to breathe properly now.

he used to be crazy enough to light his own drumset on fire. I can imagine anything about that guy!

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
And the legend says he was such a troublemaker in bars around Chiba, several bar owners set up signs saying 'No Yoshiki'.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Teemeah & matsumoto,

// I think Yoshiki is nowadays more reserved in public but it seems like he really didn't care about reputation or things like that back in those days//

//Am I the only one who has A LOT of trouble imagining Yoshiki doing all that crazy stuff back in the good old days?  ;D
I mean, look at him. He's almost too polite to breathe properly now.//

=>
I think there are several reasons.

First of all, celebrity's behavior before the internet became popular is quite different from that of these days. I've been culturally shocked so many times after following X Japan. I found they used to smoke without asking to be excused by non-smokers next to them at variety shows in 80's and early 90's. Yoshiki was once arrested for drunk driving in LA, and he appeared on music station the very next month without any public apology. What if the same things happened these days? I bet the celebs can't appear on TV for a while, needless to say they will be harshly criticized by internet users.

Secondly, I think rockers' violent behaviors seem to be treated as swag or something like that, back in the days. Yoshiki often mentioned that he had been a school gang and broke hotel property in paper interviews and talk shows. I can see what he wants to advertise and hide because topics of talk shows are decided in advance. Yoshiki never talks about failing in US debut of "Art of Life" and "Dahlia". 

But more than 20 years have passed, and things are changed. Do you know Yoshiki apologized for tweeting during the live TV show last year? I was surprised again because it is definitely nothing compared to his behavior in 80's and 90's.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
LEMONedMe,

It was the director of the radio show whose hair was burnt according to the article you linked. He said he lost his hair earlier than his age because of the accident. Poor director. And the blogger says Hide was not a guest originally, but he broke into the studio after listening to the Yoshiki&Toshl's radio.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:39:05 PM by lakeisle »

Teemeah

hide must have been like, "why are you leaving me out of all this fun fire-lighting, huh?!" LOL