• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Hide the fashionista appreciation thread

matsumoto · 4070

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
on: August 28, 2017, 01:24:45 PM
Hi guys,

I'm a long-time die-hard fan of Hide's outfits (yep, check out this username I picked 10 years ago when I was 16 and in fashion school). Has anyone got any idea if it's possible to buy replicas of his Indian saris and eyeball jewelry? I'm not going for super-accurate replicas, I'm just curious if you guys know where to find stuff similar to what he wore.

That being said, feel free to express your adoration for that total FASHION GOD here.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 07:39:25 AM
matsumoto, I don't know where one can buy that kind of clothing but I bet some could be found on eBay.  Then maybe theatrical stores that sell costumes, etc.  He did have the most outstanding clothes, though.  As far as the jewelry,  I really don't know.  Let us know if you find anything.  You can buy hide wigs on eBay, though, if you are looking for that?

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 02:52:10 AM
Hey there matsumoto,

I forgot this thread was here. LOL.  I've been collecting pix of hide for quite some time.  Last night I ran into a couple of pix of him from what is apparently his Electric Cucumber video or the making of.  I know there is always a lot of talk about him not showing himself nude or naked from the waist up.  When I saw that video, before, I figured I knew why.  In the video, his shoulders appear to be so thin and narrow, he almost looked like he was a survivor from a concentration camp.  However these 2 photos don't look that bad and there appears to be nothing out of the ordinary about how he looked at that time without a shirt.

Maybe I will link some of the other pix I have as well.

These, taken off the video, were disturbing to me.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 03:15:27 AM
Now some normal shit.  LOL!  Better stop, now  ;D

With his grandmother. 

Teemeah

Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 09:54:36 AM
Hey there matsumoto,

I forgot this thread was here. LOL.  I've been collecting pix of hide for quite some time.  Last night I ran into a couple of pix of him from what is apparently his Electric Cucumber video or the making of.  I know there is always a lot of talk about him not showing himself nude or naked from the waist up.  When I saw that video, before, I figured I knew why.  In the video, his shoulders appear to be so thin and narrow, he almost looked like he was a survivor from a concentration camp.  However these 2 photos don't look that bad and there appears to be nothing out of the ordinary about how he looked at that time without a shirt.

Maybe I will link some of the other pix I have as well.

These, taken off the video, were disturbing to me.

Yeah in the video he is pulling his shoulder blades back and distorting his figure on purpose. His shoulders are narrow and kind of fragile, like his brother wrote in his book. He also didn't look like he worked out like Yoshiki and Toshi did. He has a big head compared to his other proportions (most shorter people do, Toshi also), and because of that his shoulders look even smaller. Toshi worked out his upper body pretty much, so you don't notice it that much. but man, hide was really into weird shit :D

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 09:58:26 AM
I guess there was nothing wrong with him, he probably just didn't like to parade his naked self around town as much as some other guys in his band did  8) He looks quite proportional in those pictures - I mean, as proportional as one can be covered in bugs and in a pink wig!

His fashion style, though. Why did Toshi not learn a few style lessons from this fashion god?

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 10:44:42 AM

Yeah in the video he is pulling his shoulder blades back and distorting his figure on purpose. His shoulders are narrow and kind of fragile, like his brother wrote in his book. He also didn't look like he worked out like Yoshiki and Toshi did. He has a big head compared to his other proportions (most shorter people do, Toshi also), and because of that his shoulders look even smaller. Toshi worked out his upper body pretty much, so you don't notice it that much. but man, hide was really into weird shit :D

Yea it does appear he pulls his shoulders back in that video and that accounts for why they look "normal" in the photo shoot photos. 

I know what you mean about him being into or appearing to be into weird shit.  I think a lot of this is coming from his like, love or appreciation of H.R. Giger's work.  Giger did the cover artwork on Hide Your Face and I saw some video, or writing somewhere, saying hide had seen these girls with hoses wrapped around their legs and arms, etc.  That's classic Giger as far as costuming and it looks like hide imitated that or incorporated it into some of his own costumes.  Once I read he liked Giger's work, everything made sense to me.  :)

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 10:50:22 AM
I guess there was nothing wrong with him, he probably just didn't like to parade his naked self around town as much as some other guys in his band did  8) He looks quite proportional in those pictures - I mean, as proportional as one can be covered in bugs and in a pink wig!

His fashion style, though. Why did Toshi not learn a few style lessons from this fashion god?

I agree about Toshi for sure.  Back in the 80s, his costumes were ok but now, OMG, they are getting worse and worse.  I saw that red leather outfit with the studs, again, and was thinking - what are you thinking?!?! LOL!  He looks like he should be ready to step out on the stage in a Vegas cabaret.  ;D ;D ;D

Teemeah

Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 10:51:16 AM
You have to have a certain kind of personality and disposition to like weird art stuff, though. :D I never understood some of that kind of modern art, it's usually just meaningless jumble to me. But that's just a personal opinion. I prefer classical sculptures and paintings. See, this is probably why I would never come out a fashionista LOL.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 10:54:18 AM
You have to have a certain kind of personality and disposition to like weird art stuff, though. :D I never understood some of that kind of modern art, it's usually just meaningless jumble to me. But that's just a personal opinion. I prefer classical sculptures and paintings. See, this is probably why I would never come out a fashionista LOL.

Hahaha, my son has quite a few of H.R. Giger's books and is a huge fan, himself.  I don't mind it at all and find it quite fascinating, like I do M.C. Escher's work.  But then I was a music and art major so maybe that is why I like it. Plus I am wild and unpredictable and like to shock people, myself.  ;D ;D

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 02:12:40 AM
Perfection...