Yoshiki says, coming soon in this FB video.  :D :D :D

https://www.facebook.com/YoshikiOfficial/videos/1513019278737048/

Yeah, we know :P

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 12:22:11 AM
Ah, so beautiful... A hopeful new fan.

We've been hearing that the album is 95% done since 2008.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 01:43:41 AM
"New Album Coming Soon" translation: [Coming in 2055]

We'll all be androids by then Yoshiki! o(> A <)o

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 03:08:21 AM
Lolalbum

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 05:40:09 AM
Hahaha, I love how everyone is so full of excitement for the new album! LOOOOL

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 10:15:31 AM
Yoshiki posting videos himself pretending to work hard on the X album is pretty much me at work when the boss is around.

ENTER the frenetic typing, answering fake phonecalls and complaining of how bad my back hurts after 8 hours non-stop concentration. Then the boss leaves and I go back to watching cat videos.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 06:14:54 PM
All you can see of the thread title on the front of the forum is 'final stages of X-Japan'

Me: *sigh* welp, had a feeling this could be coming, Yoshiki's done himself in too much this time, too many wasted oppurtunities over the years, it could've be- reads full thread title *Cough!Cough!* I mean, yes, the new album, that thing, that's going to come out soon, like the last 50 times, yes.

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 07:41:53 PM
Everyone got so excited every time Yoshiki said the album is almost done.  ;D ;D
How many of you think we will get the album this year?
I think we will get it next year or the year after and after....  ;D ;D ;D

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 08:41:04 PM
99% done back in 2010

hi there

Offline Ulquiorra4th

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 09:01:25 PM
One of the few things I think we can give Yoshiki out of this whole thing is that some of the 99% comments from him were based on the original album project which was '50% old songs redone in english 50% new ones' that Yoshiki then changed his mind on and scrapped completly (though even by that time he'd still made too many '99%' comments about that old project for too long at that point) along with all those new music videos they filmed, however we're still hearing "we're almost there!" (basically 99%) every year since then and now 2017, when we shouldn't, because Yoshiki is taking really, really long to create four/five new songs after BtBf in 2010. Yeah one of them is gonna be a mini Art of Life apparently, but it's still taken too long. xd

Teemeah

Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 07:58:50 AM
Yeah my guess is that his comments are always true at that point in time. I don't think he deliberately messes with fans and then lies back and laughs his ass off saying "look they believed it again". he is a very hectic artist and probably when he says it is 99% done, he believes so. And then something happens, he suddenly has a new idea or dreams up a new tune and scraps a couple of songs and starts over. Probably that is why he is still recording, when in April he said tat only mastering was left... I think he is not 100% satisfied with the songs and wants to polish them and polish them more and re-record parts (probably driving his members crazy, too). This is a crucial album, if it flops, X Japan will flop, too. That thought alone might be scarier to Yoshiki than any of us can imagine. Once the album is out, he cannot do anything, so he delays as long as it is possible, as long as he thinks he can improve it. Of course, in the process, fans get tired of hearing promises, which is understandable. Yoshiki needs to learn to shut his mouth until the album is actually sent to the factory for production, where he cannot get the bright idea of hey I want to change that guitar riff.  :D ;D

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 10:21:50 AM
Yoshiki:"And then if I don't re-record it at least 50 times, I get anxiety"
Therapist: "Have you tried taking a deep breath when you get that urge?"
Yoshiki: "I can't take deep breaths, my neck hurts".

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 02:46:00 PM
Yoshiki posting videos himself pretending to work hard on the X album is pretty much me at work when the boss is around.

ENTER the frenetic typing, answering fake phonecalls and complaining of how bad my back hurts after 8 hours non-stop concentration. Then the boss leaves and I go back to watching cat videos.

Haha. Exactly!

But damn. This guy... I want to hear that Album when he tells things like that. I wanna listen to Kiss the Sky now. Do you hear me Yoshiki? Now would be a good time. How about now?

While I'm away, read this line again...