• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Impending postponement/delay

Feudal · 22815

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: May 15, 2017, 06:12:30 PM

This is, for me, just too much. It's killing the joy and excitement over a band I just discovered and grew on me like nothing before. I literally consumed 90% of their concert videos in a month time (yes, I don't sleep much nowadays), from bootleg versions to the latest fancams, whatever I could mine out of Youtube. But there is nobody here to talk to about anything other than "oh another delay, so angry".  :-\ and I get angry because for fcks sake it's not going to change anything. It's not like you guys can go over to Yoshiki's place, kick his arse and chain him to the studio until he finishes. So why can't just let go of this and enjoy what you have? I don't mind rewatching ages old VHS tape rips. I always find something new in them, so many angles to watch. I found a weird satisfaction in watching Japanese interviews I don't understand a word of.  ;D

Ok... now do that for ten years :D And let the songs and MVs dwindle down to songs but no MVs, and then those songs dwindle down to live versions only with bad quality from someone's cellphone :D While the band tells you throughout those 10 years that the new album will be released in 6 months. That it will be released in summer. That it will be released in spring. That it will be released next year. Over, and over, and over, and over again. :D

I understand you want to indulge in some escapism in a positive fandom of a band you find distinct and otherworldly. Twitter is a great place for that. You will never hear a negative word ever. And I don't mean that in a mean way at all. I think the more people here, the merrier.

But you're complaining from a very biased perspective and perhaps being new, you've forgotten that it IS bias compared to the majority of this forum. Of course you're not bored or frustrated or feel betrayed (yeah, Yoshiki owes us nothing .  BUT his word), everything's new! Everything's fresh and current. Put in the years like we have and then you can complain about our attitude.

It's the lies that made everyone so irate.

Oh and in reference to people critiquing their current songs and how it's only hurting Yoshiki and making him slower? Please look at the quote in my footer :)

You also have to remember that any praise you can bestow upon the bad... we've done so a million times. We know Sugizo is an awesome violinist. We KNOW there's a wonderful mix of harmony and metal sounds... that's why we love the band. I'm sorry but I just have to reiterate that you clearly don't understand your bias position. We've had those conversations before... we're not still here after a decade because they sound like nails on a chalkboard. Don't you get it?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:27:25 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Teemeah

Reply #61 on: May 15, 2017, 09:08:13 PM

You also have to remember that any praise you can bestow upon the bad... we've done so a million times. We know Sugizo is an awesome violinist. We KNOW there's a wonderful mix of harmony and metal sounds... that's why we love the band. I'm sorry but I just have to reiterate that you clearly don't understand your bias position. We've had those conversations before... we're not still here after a decade because they sound like nails on a chalkboard. Don't you get it?

Oh I get it. Please keep on complaining, if that's what makes you happy.... I've been in other fandoms for years, too, where nothing much happens around the artist, and guess what, I don't go on the forum and complain every single day. because it's just pointless. And if you don't have anything else to talk about, that's already too bad. There are a gazillion topics here, and new ones could be opened about anything. I'm sorry that I wanted to make conversation about all those things you already know. Everyone should only make conversation about how bad they feel and how everything is fucked up, because it's new. Oh wait, but you've been doing this for 10 years. So you can talk about your complaints nonstop for 10 years - but talking about Sugizo's violin is "we've had those conversations before". I see.

Sorry for having butted my nose into something I have nothing to do with. :( it really is just better to leave you guys alone with your suffering, so you can have some more awesome conversations about why the past 10 years sucked, becasuse you didn't have those conversations before.

Teemeah

Reply #62 on: May 15, 2017, 09:30:03 PM
and btw I like Kpop, too, and if someone knows what it's like to be told one thing and get another (or nothing), than that's Kpoppers. I know what it is like being told that your fave band goes on world tour (oh yay!!) only to learn a year later that it means 5 Asian cities and a festival in New York. There's a running joke that YG Entertainment (the agency repping my favourite Korean band) has a world map in its HQ where Europe is rubbed off. Been waiting for this band to come to a nearby place since forever. Frustrating? Sure. Am I writing angry messages all the time on their message board? Nope. Do I rewatch their concert vids? sure thing, for the zillionth time. Can I still talk about other stuff? Hell yes. Oh and now they enter the military one by one, so at least 5 to 6 years no show, no album, no whatever at all. Will I still be here waiting for them? YUP. It's tough. But this is not the only thing in my life so I should spend the rest of my life crying into my pillow every night. i can still talk to fellow fans about them. I can still welcome new fans and talk about stuff I already know. Because I love them, and I'm glad to talk about how awesome TOP's rapping is for the zillionth time. :) and I can go in details of how they dress and what their lyrics means to me, and I don't get tired of talking about their old stuff. I don't need to get new material to be able to talk about them. (If anyone wonders, they are called Bigbang. And they are not metal).

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: May 15, 2017, 09:49:22 PM
Teemeah, I think it's awesome that you are so active in this forum although you discovered the band not too long ago.
This forum is just not as active as in the past because there are not too many things we can talk about which we haven't talk about before. So, please feel free to comment on any older threats or start a new threat. I must say you bring some fresh air to this forum.   ;)

Sorry, I should stay on the topic.
I don't think Yoshiki can recover 100% to do the planned concerts. Have they announced the cancellation of the concerts in Japan?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:51:27 PM by magucathy »

Teemeah

Reply #64 on: May 15, 2017, 10:03:49 PM

I don't think Yoshiki can recover 100% to do the planned concerts. Have they announced the cancellation of the concerts in Japan?

They have not. I guess we won't know until after the surgery, when the doctors will see how fast he can recover, and hopefully there won't be complications. I'd rather he rested well for an ample amount of time instead of head-jumping into concerts two months after surgery, so that he would damage his new implants, too and need another surgery again... They gave Pata enough time to recover, he should give himself time too.
So, please feel free to comment on any older threats or start a new threat. I must say you bring some fresh air to this forum

Thank you. I did that, but I feel like talking to myself at those threads, since nobody replies.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:07:42 PM by Teemeah »

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: May 15, 2017, 11:48:34 PM
Hey! If you notice, the people who replied are more or less the couple of people. As I said, this forum is just too active. On the other side, a lot of people just read and don't leave any comments.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #66 on: May 16, 2017, 06:44:18 AM
Well, as all.of you said, we talk about the delays because thats all that happens nowadays and because we are pretty much done with the other topics by now xD that doesn't mean we don't love the band and enjoy the music anymore! Man, the wembley show was THE BEST CONCERT SINCE THE REUNION!!!! LOL I was ready to let go of X, but the concert (and the whole weekend with the signing session and we are x with kijak in the cinema) was just so fucking awesome that I need to stay here some more. LOL

I guess X fans have to be masochists to stay fans for a long. But we stay because we want to and because we care. Aaah I don't even know if I'm making sense right now. XD anyway,  feel free to give your opinion on all those other fun topics with a fresh perspective.  ;)

And now, let's hope Yoshiki's surgery today goes well!!! >_<

(update: I just realized that my browser didn't show the last few entries, so sorry if I'm pointlessly repeating something that was already said in the meantime *headdesk*)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 09:04:07 AM by AsukaMiyu »

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #67 on: May 16, 2017, 08:26:33 AM

They have not. I guess we won't know until after the surgery, when the doctors will see how fast he can recover, and hopefully there won't be complications. I'd rather he rested well for an ample amount of time instead of head-jumping into concerts two months after surgery, so that he would damage his new implants, too and need another surgery again... They gave Pata enough time to recover, he should give himself time too.
So, please feel free to comment on any older threats or start a new threat. I must say you bring some fresh air to this forum

Thank you. I did that, but I feel like talking to myself at those threads, since nobody replies.

Yes, because we talked about it years ago. Let us wining now. The old topics are sometimes more then 10 years old. For now I choose to cry. ;)

And it's not true that we are all always negative. See the new topics from Wembley and La Venus. And I am not parden my critism about Yoshiki.

And please respect the rules in this forum, OK? :)

Have a nice stay and let us crying, while you are not. =^.^= (in real life I am (nowadays) a very positive person)

positively unsure。

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: May 17, 2017, 07:00:31 AM

positively unsure。

Teemeah

Reply #70 on: May 17, 2017, 08:04:24 AM
Yoshiki survived

https://mobile.twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/864714060864012288

That's a relief, that the operation went well and there were no complications. Now we will have to see how long it takes him to recover fully. Though I read that this kind of procedure heals fast, but I guess it is entirely different for normal people and a metal drummer, who will put extreme pressure on his neck constantly... LOL.

Teemeah

Reply #71 on: May 17, 2017, 09:25:55 AM
This Japanese article says that initial recovery takes 6 weeks and 90% recovery takes half a year and they will need to see how the condition of his arm and hand improves (the neurological connection). It also says that this idiot went from the hospital straight to the recording studio after he woke up and wanted to work, and was persuaded by the staff to go home and be under medical supervision. (I want to shake him and shout at him and hit him senseless, seriously...).

https://news.biglobe.ne.jp/entertainment/0517/nrn_170517_8004595909.html

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: May 17, 2017, 12:07:57 PM
It also says that this idiot went from the hospital straight to the recording studio after he woke up and wanted to work, and was persuaded by the staff to go home and be under medical supervision.

Yeah, the main problem between Yoshiki and his recovery is himself. He really needs to listen to his doctors for once (and yeah have a doctor follow him everywhere might help haha).

It makes me thinks of when Yoshiki runs everywhere during Orgasm (the 15mn long live version) and the bodyguard just had to follow him wishing he doesn't do something dangerous or stupid xD

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Teemeah

Reply #73 on: May 17, 2017, 01:03:35 PM

It makes me thinks of when Yoshiki runs everywhere during Orgasm (the 15mn long live version) and the bodyguard just had to follow him wishing he doesn't do something dangerous or stupid xD

Yeah he needs a bodyguard to save him from himself.

If I were his nurse, I'd chain him to the bed. looking at his nurse fetish history, I don't think he would mind.  ;)

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #74 on: May 17, 2017, 02:42:10 PM
Yoshiki survived

https://mobile.twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/864714060864012288

And became Ironman. LOL
Yaaaay! I was very happy this morning as I read his tweet. ^___^

Lets see how his recovery... wait what? He wanted to leave the hospital right after the surgery and go back to work? *sigh* Yoshiki...

While I'm away, read this line again...

Teemeah

Reply #75 on: May 17, 2017, 02:51:10 PM

Lets see how his recovery... wait what? He wanted to leave the hospital right after the surgery and go back to work? *sigh* Yoshiki...

not wanted, he actually did. Well, according to two news articles I read. Btw, I just read that the members of Glay prayed for his recovery at their live LOL.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #76 on: May 17, 2017, 03:05:26 PM

not wanted, he actually did. Well, according to two news articles I read. Btw, I just read that the members of Glay prayed for his recovery at their live LOL.
If that's true that's even worse... but so Yoshiki. Nice gesture from Glay.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #77 on: May 17, 2017, 06:06:25 PM
The whole thing about the recovery time and the story about leaving the hospital to record something (WHAT THE HELL YOSHIKI!?) is also written in english on Yoshiki-Mobile here: http://smph.yoshiki-mobile.com/pickup/index.html?pickup_id=133
(The link only works on mobile devices)

And yeah, I'm also very happy to read things went well so far! Now let's whole that crazy guy does what the doctors tell him and REST. Otherwise the surgery would have been pretty much vain. -_-

Edit: You can already read the statement on Yoshiki's OHP now http://www.yoshiki.net/YoshikiSurgery.html
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:49:54 PM by AsukaMiyu »

Teemeah

Reply #78 on: May 17, 2017, 07:51:43 PM
T
Edit: You can already read the statement on Yoshiki's OHP now http://www.yoshiki.net/YoshikiSurgery.html

He needs a psychologist. This is not normal. And how can any doctor just let him go a few hours after surgery? Frankly, he needs a good friend to slap him in the face and wake him up. I wonder if he has anyone that would be capable of just shouting his hair off and put him to bed. I know he listens to no one but still. If my bestie did this, I would sure screech in her ears and slap her across the face to get her back to her senses. Who's his best friend nowadays? (Toshi? He may brew him a tea and then Instagram it, but I doubt he'd be able to slap him across the face).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:30:37 PM by Teemeah »

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: May 17, 2017, 08:04:37 PM
He needs a psychologist. This is not normal.

Yes, we already know this since his myspace blog emo posts back in the days. He once tried a psychologist, but then run away...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:09:51 PM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #80 on: May 17, 2017, 08:23:07 PM
He needs a psychologist. This is not normal.

Yes, we already know this since his myspace blog emo posts back in the days. He once tried a psychologist, but then run away...
Of course... This guy is broken ever since his dad ended his life. Someone should've helped him long time ago...

Teemeah

Reply #81 on: May 17, 2017, 08:31:44 PM

I suspect it was the psychologist that ran away  :P

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: May 17, 2017, 08:42:23 PM

I suspect it was the psychologist that ran away  :P

;D yes, it must be very frightening if there is a raging Yosh-san in front of you.

But unfortunatelly the great crazy japanese drummer dude ran away :/

positively unsure。

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #83 on: May 17, 2017, 08:46:14 PM
...I think Yoshiki is a very interesting person to analyze. :P

Teemeah

Reply #84 on: May 17, 2017, 08:54:40 PM
...I think Yoshiki is a very interesting person to analyze. :P
That's for sure. He'd make a great case study of narcisstic masochism :D

nevertheless, I'd like to "analyze" him too.:P he could come to my living room and talk to me about his problems. I'm a VERY good listener. :P

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: May 17, 2017, 11:32:25 PM
I think it's a made-up story to generate drama tbh, released straight from Yoshiki's press team.

Just like how they mentioned that another tour was on the way soon before he had to have surgery... we just hadn't heard of it until it had to be cancelled  ::)

It's all just drumming up stories. But whatever he needs to stay in the news without an album, I guess.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:39:36 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: May 18, 2017, 12:07:28 AM
I have been so busy these past few days so I haven't been able to post much/respond to messages

Anyways, anything you hear about him in a recording studio right now is bullshit. As Returner said, its just garbage to generate sympathy and attention from fans that are susceptible to that sort of thing. He doesn't spend nearly as much time in a studio as he has claimed.

Anyways, I literally work in a hospital. He is supposed to be up ASAP. Its common to have patients with back surgery up a day later. The body needs to work to heal! Glad his surgery went well, don't mind the over dramatized stories he puts out, he is in good care and will be fine.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #87 on: May 18, 2017, 05:29:18 AM
if you take a look on his newest Instagram Video, I highly doubt that guy went anywhere close to his studio! -___-;

axlrose, well let's hope he really does only as much moving as he's supposed to. Somehow I don't see him taking his time for recovery and he'ill probably rather try doing stuff that he's not supposed to do way too early. -____-

Teemeah

Reply #88 on: May 18, 2017, 08:18:37 AM
if you take a look on his newest Instagram Video, I highly doubt that guy went anywhere close to his studio! -___-;

axlrose, well let's hope he really does only as much moving as he's supposed to. Somehow I don't see him taking his time for recovery and he'ill probably rather try doing stuff that he's not supposed to do way too early. -____-

He was probably rolled in with the wheelchair. :) I can pretty much imagine he did that, probably still not thinking clearly from the aftereffects of anaesthesia. But this thing that after placing an implant they let you just go like whoosh, this is something new to me. Here in my country, unless it is a lighter, 10-15 minute surgery, you need to stay at least a few days for supervision... The US works differently, I guess.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: May 18, 2017, 10:44:07 AM
I think it's a made-up story to generate drama tbh, released straight from Yoshiki's press team.

Just like how they mentioned that another tour was on the way soon before he had to have surgery... we just hadn't heard of it until it had to be cancelled  ::)

It's all just drumming up stories. But whatever he needs to stay in the news without an album, I guess.

This. I highly doubt he was on his way into the studio like the article claims. It's all hype to add MORE drama to him.